Dear Diary

Speak to Me

 

 

The next morning was probably the most noisiest morning I had to go through. It's usually not that loud when Daehyun argues with Youngjae since Youngjae always made sure to stay quiet. But since Somi is not as quiet and controlled as Youngjae, it was like two monkeys fighting over the last banana on the planet.

 

 

“, just even try taking that banana!” Daehyun threatens.

 

 

In fact, they were fighting over the last banana on the table. Somi sticks her tongue out reaches her arm towards the center of the table, until Daehyun throws a knife right near her hand and into the table, causing her to freeze from shock.

 

 

“Jung Daehyun, no weapons at the table,” Himchan orders.

 

“But hyung! This girl thinks she can just take my banana. She doesn't even live here and she's acting like some kind of queen!”

 

“Excuse me, but it's called treating your guests correctly,” Somi talks back.

 

“Well, I've never seen a lady guests eat so much!”

 

She scoffs, “Oh, thank you for considering me as a lady. What are you, the pet gorilla?”

 

 

 

Daehyun gets up from his seat and stands on top of his chair, “Fight me, Jang Somi,” he declares.

 

Somi laughs and crosses her arms and legs as she leans back in her chair, “I'm sorry, but this noona is too mature to fight a kid like you.”

 

“Noona?! Ha- we're in the same grade! What year were you born in?” He looks down on her.

 

“28th of September, 1993,” she looks up at him.

 

“Here you go, Saehee-noona. You should eat one,” Jongup hands me the peeled banana without either Daehyun or Somi noticing.

 

“I'm exactly three months older than you, ! Bow down at my feet and give me the ing banana!” Daehyun declares.

 

 

I make eye contact up at Daehyun, and my teeth chew the banana a little exaggerated in front of his tearing eyes.

 

Somi scoffs, “Serves your right, bastard.”

 

 

Daehyun dramatically falls back into his chair and lays his head as it supports the rest of his body which were drooping towards the floor.

 

 

“ my life. That was the last banana. The maids said they ran out,” he mumbles.

 

 

I roll my eyes, “Hurry up and finish eating, we're going to train today. You guys can stay and watch, if you guys like,” I direct to Eunhae and Somi. They both happily nod their heads, and the servants start clearing the table.

 

++

 

 

The guys go to their own training rooms as I give Somi and Eunhae a tour around my big house.

 

 

“And here's the indoor bullet practice room. You just shoot your practice here with bullets, but inside this room is another room where holograms pop up and serve as the enemy, and you practice shooting each hologram as they chase after you.”

 

We walk in and see Himchan running around in the other white room through the clear glass. He fires some of his bullets and continues running, avoiding the hologram's attacks. There was a TV screen for us to be able to see what Himchan was seeing, and it showed a dark narrow hallway with only torches of fire attached onto the walls. Holograms were popping out of every direction. Left, right, up, back, and Himchan was able to feel their presence and shoot each of them with only a single bullet, two at the most, avoiding their attacks along the way.

 

 

“Wow, he looks so cool,” Somi and Eunhae both sigh in unison.

 

 

The program stops when Himchan's running stops. He was able to see us through the clear glass and walks out with his sweaty hair clinging onto his forehead.

 

 

“Oppa, you were so cool,” Eunhae compliments. Himchan smiles through his pant and rests his arm on Eunhae's head and looks into her eyes.

 

“It was all for you,” he winks.

 

 

I let out a tiny barf, and take Somi's wrists to drag her out of the room.

 

 

“I'll leave the two of you alone, but don't be too distracted because of your girlfriend, Himchan.”

 

I shut the door before Himchan could even reply and face Somi.

 

 

“Come, on. I'll take you to Daehyun.”

 

 

Somi squeals in joy and I take her to the room my dad personally made for Daehyun to train. Inside were filled with a collection of Daehyun's knives, which varied in different sharpness and sizes. Usually when Daehyun needed to chill of from being defeated by Youngjae, he would always come in here. And I caught Daehyun sleeping here many times as well. To put it short, this was basically his second room.

 

We walk in and see Daehyun's back as he sits on his desk. His left hand was holding is head as he leans his elbow onto the table, and lazily throwing knives across the room with his right hand. He was doing the exercise where he set up candles on the other side of him, and had to try to light them on fire with the fast speed of his knives. But he wasn't even trying, and let his knives drop to the floor whenever he threw them.

 

 

“Stupid, idiot,” we hear him mumble.

 

“Why are you making me worry about a stupid idiot like you?” His knives start going past the candles.

 

“You're not even a person worthy to be worried about,” he finally lights a candle on fire as the edge of the knife hits the top of the candle.

 

“It's boring without you.”

 

“Wow, he threw that knife really fast,” Somi accidentally says. Daehyun looks back in surprise and stutters.

 

“W-When did you guys come in here?”

 

“R-Right now.” I lie. “Were you slacking off?”

 

He shakes is head, “Did you just not see me awesomely light that candle?”

 

“That was actually impressive for an idiot like you,” Somi says. “Let me try!”

 

 

She walks up to Daehyun and grabs one of his knives. She doesn't pay attention to where she grabs and ends up cutting her hand when the knife slices against her palm.

 

“You retard,” Daehyun scowls, irritated as he quickly takes out his first aid kit. He holds Somi's hand and wipes the blood off, disinfects the cut, and wraps her hand around with a bandage. I smirk when I see Somi blushing a bit.

 

“Daehyun, teach Somi how to use knives.” I order.

 

He whines, “Why? She's not even part of our group. There's no reason to teach her.”

 

“She says she wants to try. Stop questioning me and just teach her how to throw a ing knife, .”

 

 

Daehyun rolls his eyes and places a knife in Somi's bandaged hand. He then makes his way over to the other side and places up a board which had tiny holes from the previous times he trained with it.

 

 

He gives the board a single pat and challenges, “Try stabbing the knife in here.”

 

 

Somi shrugs and throws the knife with no force, and it hits the board but drops to the ground. Daehyun chuckles at her clueless behavior and walks back to Somi.

 

 

“First of all, your form is all wrong. You're shoulders should be facing the board a bit,” he moves Somi's shoulders according to his words. “Second of all, you're not even holding the knife correctly. It should be placed flat on your hand, and then your fingers just cover the top – oh, move your thumb a little to the left –perfect. Now go stab Saehee.”

 

I roll my eyes, “Stop ing with me.”

 

 

His words make me think of the time when Youngjae tried (but failed) in teaching me how to stab Daehyun. Damn it, I should have just done with the chance I had.

 

– I miss Youngjae's warm hands on mine.

 

My thoughts drift away when I see Daehyun and Somi sharing a lot of skin together. Daehyun's hand was holding one of Somi's shoulder, and his other hand was guiding Somi's arm and wrists how to move and how much force to put it on when throwing into the board. They occasionally look into each other eyes and Somi nods at Daehyun's words.

 

He lets go and Somi takes a deep breathe before successfully throwing the knife into the board.

 

 

“I did it –It actually sticks to the board!” She squeals in excitements as she jumps up and down. She faces Daehyun and wraps her arms around his neck, “Thank you –thank you so much!”

 

 

My jaw drops. Wow, I am good at setting people up.

 

 

++

 

 

We finish eating dinner, and it was time for Somi and Eunhae to go back home. Yongguk escorts by going with them just in case something bad happens. As we see them hop into the limousine, the window lowers and we wave our hands to each other.

 

 

“Thank you Saehee, it was a lot of fun!”

 

“See you soon!”

 

 

As we see the limo drive out of the gates, Daehyun stretches his arms and heads back in first.

 

“Well, I think I'm going to head off the bed first,” he yawns. “Good night everyone.”

 

 

The rest of us go back into our own rooms, except I decided to do a little investigation and walk towards Youngjae's room. Why is my stomach suddenly spinning around? There's nothing to be nervous about, it's not like no one is watching me.

 

My heart pounds as I stand in front of his door. Calm down, Saehee. It's not like it's the first time you've been in his room. I bravely reach my hand and turn the doorknob, pushing the door open.

 

It was cold and silent in his dark and tidy room. I turn on his lights, and the first thing I notice is a notebook on his desk. My feet lead me towards it, but my hands stop before I actually pick it up.

 

 

What are you doing, Kim Saehee? This is Youngjae's personal belonging.

 

 

I observe the cover and letters were neatly written as, “Youngmi's Diary.”

 

 

Who's Youngmi?

 

 

The name sounds like a female person, and in slight anger and great curiosity I pick up the journal and open to the first page and it wrote:

 

 

23 November 1987

 

Today is probably the greatest event in my whole lifetime: The day I got married to my loving husband, Yoo Jaewook. He promises to love and take care of me for the rest of his life. If only I could do the same. My shy personality overrides my passion, but thankfully Jaewook knows me and loves me for who I am. I feel blessed to live in a life like this. I, Lee Youngmi am proud to pronounce myself now as Yoo Youngmi!

 

 

So this is Youngjae's mom's diary. How did Youngjae even get a hold of this?

 

I flip through a couple of pages and read the pages.

 

 

07 February 1994

 

A couple weeks ago, on the 24th of January 1994 9:43 AM, I gave birth to my first son, Yoo Youngjae. I was in too much pain to write sooner, but since now I have the strength, I am happily writing about another joy: Youngjae was born healthy –very healthy and I couldn't ask for a greater blessing than this. May he grow up to be a strong and loving son –my strong, loving, precious son.

 

 

 

30 June 1996

 

No one is suppose to no about this: My husband has recently joined the mafia. We have too many loans, and he found that he has a specialty in strength and the use of guns, so someone scouted him and he immediately joined.

 

But the other greater thing is that no one should know this is that I am getting abused – ually abused. One of my husband's co-workers have found something in me, and is taking an advantage of me. I would want to confess to my beloved Jaewook, but this co-worker is his closest fried, and I don't want to bring a burden upon my husband. What will I ever do?

 

In any case, I wish for my son's safety. Even though we live in this dangerous environment, I pray he grows into a happy, caring gentlemen. I love Youngjae and Jaewook with all my heart. They truly mean everything to me.

 

 

 

Youngjae's words recall through my head.

 

 

Shut the up, she was never like that!”

 

You don't even know what she was going through!”

 

 

Youngjae did know. He knew what his mom was going through, he understood the misunderstanding going through his dad's mind.

 

I frantically search the next pages for more clues and hints – but that was the last journal Youngjae's mom ever wrote. Starting from the next page was a different handwriting -Youngjae's messy child handwriting.

 

 

04 April 2002

 

Saehee almost died today. Junhong pushed her to the lake. Dad is telling me that she's in a happy dream, but in his mind he's really worried. I know because I can read it. Mom, please tell God that I don't want Saehee to die. Please tell Him that I want to play with her and Junhong again, and tell him I said thank you. And I miss you.

 

 

I smile. Youngjae's so cute. I flip through the pages and continue reading Youngjae's story.

 

 

24 January 2009

 

Boss is diagnosed with terminal cancer, and he's begging me to take care of Saehee –he never begs me for anything. Tomorrow is the day I finally make an occurrence with her. Hopefully it'll go well –hopefully she won't remember me.

 

Why am I not dead?

 

 

My eyebrows furrow at the last line. Why would he write something like that? Did he know his dad was after him?

 

 

30 May 2009

 

Get a hold of yourself, Yoo Youngjae. Stop falling for Saehee. She doesn't remember me, I need to keep it like that. I don't want her to get hurt because of me.

 

.. she's so clumsy. She acts tough, but it's her charm. She likes me, but I can't let that get onto me. I won't, but I need to figure out a way to prevent that. Because currently, my heart is not able to keep it in anymore. I like Saehee, I like her a lot.

 

 

I blink at that last line.

 

 

“Yoo ing Youngjae,” I mutter. “You bastard. Stop making my heart pound like this! You're not even in front of me, I can't even see your face –God, why is it so hot in this room? It's all because of you, ing diary!”

 

 

I realize that I'm yelling at an inanimate object, and take a deep breath.

 

 

“Saehee? What are you doing here?” I hear Himchan's voice at the door. I freak out and turn to face him, holding the diary behind my back.

 

“N-Nothing, nothing at all.”

 

He frowns, “Why is your face so red?”

 

 

My mouth opens but no words come out.

 

 

He crosses his arms, “What are you holding behind your back?”

 

“U-Uhm,” I slowly reveal the open notebook in my hand. “Youngjae's mom's diary. Himchan, Youngjae was right. His mom is innocent –she did nothing wrong.”

 

“Ah, I was just about to talk to you about Youngjae's family. We tracked the number down in which Zelo called from and found that it was a vacation home out in the mountains. We sent people to spy on the building, and they found three dungeons in the basement, with people in them.”

 

“So does that mean Zelo is still alive?” I ask.

 

“Possibly yes.”

 

 

I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god.

 

 

“But what does that have to do with Youngjae's family?”

 

“Zelo got 'killed' during the camp where Youngjae's dad ambushed us, so I'm pretty sure Zelo's 'death' and Youngjae's story as some ties.”

 

“That is true –but I have one thing I'm really confused on. Jongup said he personally heard the bullets and saw Zelo already dead, how can he be alive?”

 

“There are some bullets like that –they temporarily make your heart stop beating for a few hours. Since Jongup heard three gunshots, Zelo was probably knocked out for about three hours. --but it's really dangerous and unhealthy for your body.”

 

“No ,” I comment. “So are we going to rescue Zelo?”

 

“Of course. But next week, after you change your patch and if Dr. Park says it's okay.”

 

“We have to wait a week? What if Zelo gets killed before then?”

 

Himchan shakes his head, “The people I sent saw him and said that they were just keeping him locked up. And from Youngjae's dad perspective, I'm pretty sure he's trying to use Youngjae and Zelo as bait.”

 

I sigh, “Fine, I just hope my wound heals quickly. When we go rescue Zelo, we'll be able to save Youngjae too, right?”

 

“Quite risky, but we'll try. Now go to sleep kiddo, it's getting late,” Himchan walks out the door and heads to his own room.

 

 

I let out a slight smile, I like you, Youngjae. I like you a lot. Just wait little more, I'll come and save you.

 


 

A/N: Okay, the story will pick up from here.
I do promise, I really do. LOL okay I need to
stop being so sentimental. Make sure to
comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou .