Misunderstandings

Speak to Me

 

 

“We'll add a free plush doll along with your purchase, wishing the three of you a happy life together!”

 

 

I roll my eyes and glare at the idiotic cashier.

 

 

“We're not married, nor are we in any sort of relationship.”

 

“This, is not your child?”

 

“He's our younger brother,” Youngjae lies.

 

“Oh, well to congratulate your parents giving birth despite all these years!”

 

“Thank you,” Youngjae grabs the bag of chips and robot toys.

 

 

As we walk out of the store, I take this chance and mumble to Hanwul who was fast asleep against Youngjae's back.

 

 

“Just wait until Himchan finds out what we brought home.”

 

 

Youngjae doesn't say anything and we get into the subway back home. There were a lot less people than when we first came, but all the seats were still filled. Youngjae struggles to keep the boy in one arm and to hold the handle with the other.

 

 

“I'll hold the bag.”

 

 

I reach for the bag until a grandma interrupts us.

 

 

“Just look at these lovely youngsters! Young man, just how much you are suffering for this little child of yours! Here, take my seat, I don't mind.”

 

 

Youngjae has no choice but the accept the elder's persistence request, and sits down on her seat, letting Hanwul comfortably sleep on his lap while the grandma stands next to me and nudges my elbow.

 

 

“How lucky are you to be married to a handsome and charming looking boy like your husband? I tell the truth, you are one lucky girl,” she grins.

 

 

I let out a slight smile and slightly nod, he's not my ing husband.

 

++

 

“You brought the kid.”

 

The two of us gulp at Himchan and Yongguk's unamused expression standing next to each other, constantly looking at me, Youngjae, and the kid over and over again. We couldn't tell if they were holding in their anger or maybe if they already knew something like this was going to happen.

 

 

“Who's idea was it?” Yongguk asks.

 

“Mine,” Youngjae immediately replies.

 

“And Saehee, you agreed to this?” Himchan asks.

 

 

Technically yes, but –

 

 

Youngjae puts the sleeping child in my arms, “Take him to my room and watch him for a while. I'll talk to the two of them.”

 

 

I roll my eyes but start walking away, not wanting to be involved in any sort of trouble with Himchan and Yongguk. There really isn't a reason for me to be in the conversation, anyways.

 

Hanwul has his arms tightly around my neck and his head's peacefully resting against my shoulder. I open Youngjae's room door and walk into a burst of cold wind, and pat Hanwul's back when I feel his embrace tighten from the chilly atmosphere.

 

Why is it so cold in here? It's like you could tell someone has been depressed over the past week. The sad and weak aura passes through the whole room, and I almost feel like just laying around and doing nothing myself.

 

I carefully lay Hanwul down on Youngjae's bed and tuck him in with his bed sheets. Not knowing what to do next I take a seat on Youngjae's bed, right next to the innocent sleeping Hanwul.

 

 

Is it just me or does he sort of look like Youngjae?

 

 

Just then I see Hanwul's eyes slowly blinking their way open.

 

 

.

 

 

“H-Hi,” I awkwardly wave. He continues to stare at me and I continue to stare back.

 

“Did you sleep well?” I ask. He only looks into my eyes with his big eyes of confusion.

 

 

God damn it, I with children.

 

 

“H-Hyung..” I hear him mumble.

 

“Oh, are you looking for Youngjae? He'll be here in a few, he's just talking with a few other guys. So tell me, what were you doing by yourself on the streets?”

 

 

The thought of his pain brings him tears. Instead of replying, he begins to wail.

 

 

“I want hyung!”

 

 

. What did you just do, Kim Saehee?

 

 

“H-Hey, don't cry. I'm honestly not that scary.”

 

“You're a big fat ugly noona!”

 

 

Oh, now where did this boy learn how to say these rude words?

 

 

“You and I will have a wonderful time together this week,” I mutter to myself.

 

Just then Youngjae bursts his door open and I get up from the bed, “I promise, I did not make him cry.”

 

“This big fat ugly noona made me cry!” Hanwul lies.

 

“Oh, burn,” Himchan whispers next to Youngjae.

 

“I did not!” I fight back. “Are you going to believe me, or this lying little brat?”

 

“They say kids can never lie,” Yongguk comments.

 

“Well this one does!”

 

 

Youngjae brushes his shoulder past me and holds Hanwul in his arms. He continues to sob into Youngjae's shoulder as Youngjae tries to calm him down by slightly patting his back.

 

 

I roll my eyes, “Brat.”

 

“You can leave now, I'll stay with Hanwul,” Youngjae says.

 

I quickly rush out of his room, not wanting to stay in that depressing place with that annoying kid any longer.

 

 

“I seriously didn't do anything,” I mumble to no one in particular.

 

Yongguk chuckles, “Things will start getting interesting.”

 

“Are you guys letting him keep the kid?”

 

“Well he said only for a week until he can find a place for that kid. If there's a reason he wanted to bring him here and there's a reason that you agreed, we don't see a problem in letting the kid live here for a week.”

 

“Never mind that, have you guys bonded in this mission?” Himchan asks.

 

 

A lightbulb goes through my head once Himchan speak those words and we see Daehyun passing through the hallway. I dash my way towards Daehyun and pull all the living hair particles out of his head.

 

 

“Ow Saehee –explain yourself before attacking!”

 

“This is all your fault! What? 'Going on missions with another person creates a bond?' Are you out of your ing mind?!”

 

“I'm guess it didn't go well --”

 

“Tell me if bringing a ing kid home is a mission that went well!”

 

“Now, now, Saehee. Calm yourself and get away from Daehyun,” Yongguk pulls my arms away from Daehyun's hair.

 

Daehyun sighs, “Damn Saehee. What did you and Youngjae do in these few hours?”

 

 

I tried calming myself by taking long breaths but after Daehyun tried to be funny I lost it and reached for his hair again until I get stopped when Yongguk holds my waists, holding me back.

 

 

“You're seriously digging your own grave right now, Jung Daehyun,” I clench my teeth.

 

“Which reminds me,” he randomly says. “Himchan and I will go on a double date with Somi and Eunhae tomorrow. Yongguk is going to tag along as well.”

 

I completely calm myself and place both of my feet on the ground and shrug, “Fine with me.”

 

“And Jongup is going to an interview for the college he's applying to,” Himchan adds in.

 

“So it'll be only you and Youngjae tomorrow,” Daehyun smirks.

 

I put on a blank expression, “He'll probably just spend the whole day with Hanwul. Besides, I have a lot of paperwork to finish,” I groan, “I think I'm going to go start them right now.”

 

“If you ever get lonely, call us and we'll pick you up so you can tag along with us,” Himchan says.

 

“No thanks, I don't want to be in the middle of two couples making out the whole day.”

 

 

We say our good nights and I go into my room to turn on my computer until I find a note on my desk.

 

 

Just need to give your signatures.

 

 

I look under the note and see a thick stack of completed paperwork only in need of my signature like the note said. Who finished this for me? Yongguk and Himchan rarely comes into my room and Daehyun is too stupid to do all of this. Was it Jongup?

 

 

Either way, guess I'm sleeping early tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Earlier that day:

 

Youngjae found Saehee fast asleep with a messy stack of papers all over the desk in the living room. He smiles at her messy attire and bends down next to her to clean up all her mess, putting a blanket over her for warmth as well. Noticing that she only completed a small portion of her work, he opens up her laptop and grabs her pen and starts finishing her paperwork, taking glaces at Saehee's sleeping face next to him which he finds unusually charming, and uses it as a source of energy to keep him working.

 

She's still cute.”

 

 


 

 

baaaaaH //cue the cheesy author//
omg kudos to you who are still reading
this story despite your horrible author
not updating for the longest time ever.
But I'm so excited to upload the next
chapter //immensely smirking//
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe,
share, and upvote! . arigatou .