Surprise

Speak to Me

 

 

     When my dad said he'd let me miss school, he never told me that I could miss school according to the number of missions I went on, and since I only went on one mission, yesterday was the only day I got to skip. Since I now know Daehyun's true identity, he begun to walk to school with me. Great, not only do I get to hear his constant chatter during class, I get to hear it even while I'm walking to and from school.

     Yipee.

     "... and then the mouse went boom!" He exclaims, letting out a proud smile from his "wonderful" story.

     "Is Youngjae always like that?" I ask, ignoring what he previously said.

     "Hm?" Daehyun responded. "What are you talking about?"

     I think for a while, how should I explain this?

     "Does he always talk like that? He always replies with short and concise answers. His face is most of the times emotionless and he rarely even smiles. Is that his personality?"

     "Not from what heard," Daehyun responses. "I heard he was actually a playful kid until your mom passed away."

     "My mom? What does she have to do with his personality?"

     He explains, "When Youngjae was just a mere five year-old, his dad killed his own wife, so your dad took Youngjae in, and he was happy living with your mom and dad, until... you know what happened."

     I continue walking with a blank face, because I know that my mom was murdered.

     "So, Youngjae's dad killed my mom?"

     "Long story short, yes. So smart Saehee, how did you know?" He simply replies with a playful smile. Since Daehyun is so used to stories and personal experiences of murder, he thinks my mom's murder case as just a mere story.

     Noticing that I was unable to answer his question, he continues talking. "Take it easy on him. I heard Youngjae had a hard time recovering --well, he didn't really 'recover'. You know your mom passed away just 2 years ago. He keeps thinking it's all his fault. Since then, Youngjae stopped going to school, studied and trained himself to kill on his own. He felt that if he depended on someone else, he would just end up hurting them."

     I never realized he would have self-consciousness issues. Youngjae seemed like such a perfect person. He was pretty decent looking, had that "perfect son" image, and is skilled in many things. He seems like the type that doesn't like to deal with sentimental things and such. I wonder if he's hiding any more information about his past, but is just too reserved to share it.

 

++

 

     "Alright class, today we have a new student that's joining us for the year," the teacher announces.

     Daehyun and I give each other looks before focusing back in front of the classroom.

     "Come in," the teachers orders.

     At the sight of the new student's face, it caused my jaw, as well as Daehyun's, to drop.

     "Please, introduce yourself."

     "The name's Yoo Youngjae."

     "That's all?" the teacher asks.

     "Yes," he replies.

     Typicial Youngjae I think. Then I see his eyes avert to mine and my eyes open wide in return. Did he read my mind? I look at Daehyun and see him violently waving his hand towards Youngjae.

     Whew, so he didn't read my mind.

     Wait, how and why would he?

     Shaking those thoughts away, I look to where his seat is at, two seats across my left from where I was sitting, near the window. No one sat near him, and he looked lonely. I wonder what he was thinking about now.

     "Alright, we're going to continue on with our lesson from yesterday, so open up your books to....." the teacher's voice drifts away in my head. I am unable to pay attention to what's saying, being to absorbed in my thoughts about Youngjae.

     What an interesting kid I think to myself.

     Just then I see Youngjae looking over and we made eye contact. I freeze, not knowing how to respond. He coolly gives me a lazy salute and looks back up front, returning his attention to the teacher's lesson.

     How does he have the ability to make me feel like he's reading my mind?

++

 

     "So, explain yourself." Daehyun orders Youngjae. "What and why are you here on our school campus?"

     Youngjae doesn't reply and takes his first bite from the cafeteria food.

     "How does it taste?" I ask.

     "Bland."

     "Wow alright, ignore me," Daehyun says.

     "Sure thing." Youngjae replies.

     "But Youngjae, how come you're suddenly attending our school?" I ask.

     "I've been ordered to protect you. Someone is planning to kill you."

     "How come boss didn't tell me about it?" Daehyun asks.

     "I am currently the only one who keeps contact with boss."

     -Wait, someone's planning to kill me?

     Just then a young looking boy comes to our table and asks, "Is this seat available?"

     "No," the three of us respond.

     "Oh, well then. Plan B I guess," they boy whispers. "Someone asked me to give you this note."

     He sticks out a note to me, but Daehyun snatches it away. "Alright, move along now. Thanks for the note."

     "Uh, but it's meant for noona--"

     "Noona? Are you even close enough with Saehee to be calling her noona? What year are you?"

     "I-I'm a first-year," the poor boy stutters, frightened by Daehyun's fierce impression. "I'll be going now,"

     As the boy runs away, Daehyun opens the note and reads it,

 

     Dear noona,

     You may not know me but I know you pretty well. My name is Moon Jongup and I'm a first-year. I'm not sure if you remember, but you helped me on the first day of school. I fell for your kindness. Despite the rumors going on about your background, it doesn't change my feelings for you. I'd like to greet you in person. You're a very beautiful person, and I'm getting tired of looking at your face from afar. Please, if you at least accept me for how I feel, please meet me at the school's rooftop tomorrow after school. I will be waiting.

          -M.J up

 

     "Oh, I think I'm going to barf." Daehyun puffs out his cheeks. "What a stud."

     Who the hell is this kid, and how in any ery does he think I'm "kind"

 


 

A/N: aw, Jongup likes Saehee. How
sweet, so sweet waka waka. I apologize
for my randomness, but make sure to
comment,subscribe, share, and upvote!
arigatou . 
 
tumblr_mybp9kJnpP1r202reo4_r1_250.giftumblr_mybp9kJnpP1r202reo6_r1_250.gif