Turned Tables

Speak to Me

 

     Five, four, three, two –

 

     One by one the lights started to flash back on from each random tree after tree. The effect of the colorful lights were so eye-opening and beautiful, it almost made me forget about the figure in front of me.

 

     Fixing my eyes back on the person, Youngjae was standing an arm's length away, standing right in front of my gun with bruises and scars spreading throughout his face.

 

     Another gunshot fired into the air to scare away all the other citizens. The bullet did not hit either one of us, but Youngjae still grabs my arm and pulls me towards him, holding my head firmly against his chest with his other hand.

 

     He breathed a deep sigh, as if he were calming himself with me in his arms because being held in his missed, warm embrace completely made me forget about all the worries and burdens I had right now.

 

     I nuzzled my head into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waists. I missed you so much, Youngjae.

 

     We didn't want to let go of each other, but slowly our arms ended up drifting away as we observe each other's eyes, mine frowning at Youngjae's beaten up face. The video of him getting beaten up recalls so vividly through my mind and I reach both of my hands to cup his face as his arms were now s around my waist.

 

     “Doesn't it hurt?” I ask, recalling to his wounds.

 

     “I'm able to keep in anything if it's for you.”

 

     His words cause the corners of my lips to rise, but they jokingly go back down as I also remove my hands from his face, “I thought I was your worst nightmare.”

 

     “Yoo Jaewook told me to forget about you,” he scoffs, “but as if I could do that.”

 

     He reaches in for a kiss but I pull my head away, “But you actually decided to listen to what he said?”

 

     “It was to get rid of suspicion,” he successfully pecks my nose, making it scrunch as usual which always caused him to chuckle. Seeing his smile made me smile as well.

 

     We go back into each other's arms again, but this time I look up past his shoulders and admire the multicolored lights shining brightly into our eyes, “It's so beautiful,” I take a deep breath.

 

     “Noona,” I hear Jongup's voice call out, causing me to immediately release myself from Youngjae and turning back to see Jongup completely fine, holding Hanwul's hand along with the rest of the guys behind.

 

     “Where were you guys? Why'd you guys suddenly disappear?”

 

     “Just to give you a little scare,” Daehyun teases.

 

     So they already knew about all this?

 

     My fists clench, ready to punch Daehyun, “It wasn't funny.”

 

     He got lucky with Hanwul letting go of Jongup's hand and running toward me, “Saehee-noona!” he cries out as I pick up and he shoves his head into my neck. With all the other problems going on, it made me pay less attention to Hanwul and I never thought about how he could have been victimized as well, making me feel stupid and careless about myself.

 

     “I'm sorry Hanwul, you were really scared, weren't you?”

 

     I could feel his tears streaming down against my neck as he lets out all the fear he had in this whole time, “They grabbed me and carried me and shoved me in a big black room! It was so scary!”

 

     The only thing I could do was rock Hanwul in my arms, whispering in his ear about how sorry I was and that nothing bad was going to happen continuously. However his arms tighten even more around my neck when the lights all go off again. I feel Jongup and the guys running away first. Youngjae holds onto my arm and starts dragging me along with Hanwul in my arms.

 

     “Where are we going?” I ask.

 

     “Sh, just follow me for now. I'll explain everything later.”

 

     I do as I was told, but I couldn't help but wonder how everyone was capable of running in this pitch darkness. Or is it just my eyes who can't adjust to the darkness? , it's probably just that.

 

     We make sure to run even more carefully when we start running down a hill. Soon enough the feeling of grass against or feet changed to solid dirt, and changes another time to the wood floor. We stop running as we place our feet on the ground, and someone reaches to turn on the lights.

 

     I was almost taken aback when I found Lay comfortably sitting down on a couch, keeping his eyes on a laptop as if he was keeping watch on someone.

 

     “Uh, what is he doing here?” I ask.

 

     Lay averts his attention to me and smiles as he was about to say something, until Hyosung comes out of the hallway, linking arms with Somi.

 

     “Hi Saehee!,” Hyosung greets, “Glad you made it safe!”

 

     “You must be hungry, should I make something for you to eat?” Somi asks, heading towards the kitchen to start cooking food for all of us even without my answer.

 

     Continuing to be constantly surprised I look around the place and see that I was the only one continuing to stay in front of the door as the rest of the guys go into the kitchen or hallway, making themselves at home in this gigantic secret base. It was almost like a normal house, but a little bit bigger and nicer than that.

 

     What exactly is going on?

 

     I feel Youngjae take my hand as he escorts me to the living room, sitting me down in a comfortable leather chair. He makes his way and sit down next to Lay as the three were the only ones sitting in the living room.

 

     “Hi,” Lay finally says with a smirk on his face.

 

     “Hi,” I reply, still too shocked to asks any questions. I'm sitting in a nice living room with my worst enemy comfortably greeting me as if we were friends this whole time.

 

     But my eyes avert to the laptop and see many boxes of different areas of a place from the security cameras.

 

     “Where is that?” I ask.

 

     “Yoo Jaewook's house,” Lay replies, “You probably have a lot of questions, but I'll just say this: The tables have turned,” he lets out a satisfied chuckle.

 

     Youngjae gives a more clearer explanation, “Yoo Jaewook was the one who always kept watch on us, but now we're the ones keeping watch on him.”

 

     How? What exactly happened?

 

     “This was all my plan. I purposely went along with Yoo Jaewook and observed very clearly so that I can see what kind of lifestyle and what exactly all his plans were. Sure it took a lot of acting, time, sacrifices and beatings, but look where we're now.”

 

     I blink for a long time, trying my best to observe this information in the calmest way possible.

 

     “So you're telling me that Lay always knew what was going on?”

 

     Lay lets out a huge grin, “Bingo.”

 

     “Then what about getting all worked up about me being a kidnapper and money-stealing ? What about Jongup being taken away by Yoo Jaewook and all your fellow officers getting killed?”

 

     He laughs a very satisfactory laugh in fooling me to the best, “That was just to get you in the mood! Kim Saehee, I never doubted you once and Jongup never was protected because he didn't need to be protected! I'm not even a ing cop! You're so gullible, Kim Saehee!”

 

     “I don't understand. Then how come during the conference your names weren't on the list?”

 

     “It was all planned, ever since the past.” Youngjae replies.

 

     Well .

 

     Just then the rest of the guys made their ways to the living room and we all assembled as a full group in a long time.

 

     I point to Yongguk, Himchan and Daehyun, “You guys knew about this too?”

 

     Daehyun smirks, “Did you enjoy my beautiful acting?”

 

     “ing Bang Yongguk almost gave in because he was worried about how you weren't eating!” Himchan nags.

 

     Youngjae could feel my anger slowly stirring up inside of me and tries to calm me down by his 'sweet-talking', “I did all this for you, Saehee. I didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't tell you because you might be worried about how risky our plan was. But it worked, didn't it?” his voice slightly shakes, knowing that it doesn't get pretty when I get angry.

 

     One of my hands were keeping in my other clenched fist.

 

     “Youngjae did I wonderful job, didn't he Saehee?” Yongguk asks.

 

     I scoff, “Wonderful job, my . I don't know who to beat up first! How can you guys not tell me anything?”

 

     The rest of my subordinates tense up, finally realizing how angry I really was.

 

     My bottom shoots up from the ground, and eye each one of my subordinates' nervous expressions. Trying to calm things down, Youngjae stands up along with me and walks up to me to sit me back down, but instead I slap his hands way from me and proceed to make one of my arms go around his neck to keep him in place as the other hand viciously pulls his hair.

 

     “How could you not tell me anything?” I rage, “I'm your ing boss! You think just acting on your own actions is so funny? Did you guys have fun fooling your boss with your ty- acting skills?!”

 

     “Saehee! Calm down,” Youngjae pleads, “Please, I'm not Daehyun. Don't do this to me, I'm already scarred enough! I'm too young to have a bald spot on my hair!”

 

     Daehyun shakes his head and sighs in pity, “Now you understand what I go through.”

 

     I let go of Youngjae and face Daehyun, “What, do you want more of it?”

 

     Daehyun stands up from his seat and proceeds to walk towards the hallway, “No, mam'. I'm just your innocent subordinate who loves and respects you very much. I'm also your subordinate who will excuse himself to the bathroom right now.”

 

     I let out a huff of air, and the rest of the guys stay still, letting me calm down on my own.

 

     “This is really amusing to watch,” Lay comments.

 

     “Oppa!” I see Jieun coming from the kitchen with a large tray of food, “I made this just for you with all my love poured out onto it. You have to eat well, alright?” She places the tray on the table in front of Yongguk, giving a quick peck on the check before embarrassingly running back to the kitchen.

 

     I successfully calm myself back down and plop myself back onto my seat, “Just how many people are in here right now?”

 

     “Hm, Hyosung and her sisters along with my subordinates,” Lay replies, “Including you and your group, it would be around seventeen people. --Oh, nineteen, including Youngjae's brother and Daehyun's girlfriend.”

 

     “Where are the rest of the guys?”

 

     “Some are keeping a watch outside of our secret base. Some are following Yoo Jaewook.”

 

     Fully developing and putting myself into the situation, I start taking action.

 

     “So what's our plan?”

 

     Youngjae replies, “Yoo Jaewook are looking for us with a lot of men with him. – 55, to be exact. 20 roaming around looking for us, and 35 protecting him. He knows he's weak and old, so that's why there are so many people. We killed the twenty already, and we're just waiting for Yoo Jaewook to come back home frustrated, worrying about where we're hiding. But once he goes home, we're going to have people lock his doors and all the exists, so that we can barge in and kill him Game will be done.”

 

     “What if he's not coming back home because he knows what you're up to? You guys may think that the tables have turned, but you have no idea what Yoo Jaewook has in store either.”

 

     “Just trust me, Saehee. I know what I'm doing.”

 

     I sigh, a sign of me giving in. Even though it does seem a bit risky, the plan has been moving smoothly this whole time.

 

     “Alright, just remind everyone to keep their guards up.”

 

     The rest of us get served with the meal Hyosung, Jieun, and Somi worked hard for. I eat a little bit too much, after starving myself for the whole day yesterday. Daehyun continues being annoying as he calls me fat and asks me why I'm eating so much, but I fight the urge to kick his crotch since Somi was sitting right next to him. We nag at each other as we eat, and even though everyone annoys the out of me, (honestly, I still haven't forgiven them for keeping this plan all to themselves,) this full and happy atmosphere made me feel satisfied. Everyone enjoyed each other's company, and it just made me wish that it was like this forever.

 

++

 

     It was late in the night and everyone was fast asleep in their own rooms. I was walking through the hallway until I noticed a light coming from a slowly opened door. I peek through and see Youngjae and Jongup facing each other, and it seemed as if they were glaring at each other.

 

     “So what? What are you going to do with that jealousy of yours?” Youngjae directs to Jongup, continuing on with their conversation. “You want me to stay away from Saehee?”

 

     My eyebrows furrow in confusion, what are they talking about?

 

     “As expected from a mind-reader, you know exactly what I want.”

 

     “I would've known if I didn't even have the ability to read minds. Your jealously is obvious that it shines throughout the whole world.”

 

     The same anger Jongup had with him back at Jieun's birthday came back, except it was a hundred times more intense than before. His clenched fists take action as he punched Youngjae in his already bruised cheek. Youngjae doesn't show any sort of pain, since he already knew that Jongup was going to hit him. Why'd he let him do it though?

 

     “Does that make you feel better?” Youngjae asks, “I'm still not going to do what you want. No matter how much you try to hit me or convince me, my decision will never change, and her's won't either.”

 

     Jongup furiously grabs Youngjae's collar and shoves his face only a few inches away from him, “I know that! I already know that, stop telling me again and again!” his furious hands starts shaking Youngjae's colllar, “What makes you better than me? I always do my best to give what she wants while all you do is just hide things from her and always leave her! I hate you so ing much, you don't even understand how much I want to beat the living out of you.”

 

     “You could kill me if you want to, but I suggest you do that later,” Youngjae replies.

 

     “Why? Too scared to get rid of your life? Too afraid that I might take her way?”

 

     “No, it's just because I think she had enough of our conversation,” Youngjae averts his eyes towards me right in front of the door.

 

     Jongup shoots his eyes towards me and his angry expressions changes to a confused one, wondering when and how I got here, immediately letting go of Youngjae's collar. He gulps as he notices my confused and concerned expression.

 

     “Just what is exactly going on between you two?”  

 


 

A/N: What'd you guys think of this chapter? :)
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share,
and upvote! . arigatou .
 
tumblr_n5qsrhak291rkwd46o1_500.gif