The Reason

Speak to Me

 

 

We were all in the main hall, and Youngjae's dad and Youngjae were walking out the back door. Right when they step out, they stop walking and Youngjae's dad strikes Youngjae with a pole right before slamming the door behind us. I chase after them and open the back door, only to come into an extremely hot room of fire.

 

There was a bridge that separated me, and on the other side was Youngjae continuously being beaten by his own dad. They were on a circle platform, and a wall of fire was surrounding them and the bridge. I start running across the bridge, but it was no use as it seemed as if I was only going farther away.

 

My whole body felt as if it were burning from the extreme heat, and by the time I started loosing my breath, Youngjae was helpless, scrunching down on the floor, constantly being stepped and kicked on all over his body. His dad would occasionally lift him up and punch him several of times in his face, his guts, over and over before throwing him back on the ground again.

 

I run out of breath and my tears won't stop as my knees fall to the ground.

 

 

Why am I so weak?

 

 

Just then Youngjae's dad pulls out a knife and starts stabbing Youngjae continuously.

 

 

“Stop,” it first started as a whisper, shocked from the horrific sight in front of me. He doesn't stop the stabbing, and continues with that evil chuckle on his face.

 

I get back up my knees and once again start running as fast as I can towards them. Youngjae's blood splattering onto the floor were being covered up by little balls of fire, landing onto the ground which gradually began to grow. My screams and shouts become louder, and by the time I thought I was becoming closer to Youngjae, his dad pulled out a gun and pointed it at Youngjae with one hand as he grabbed Youngjae's bloody collar with the other.

 

The walls of fire were gradually closing in and coming closer into to center of the circle platform, and the only thing I could see was Youngjae's pained face with a gun placed right next to his head. I tried running into the fire until a voice booms around the whole room repeating, “I'm going to kill you first,” gradually getting louder.

 

Fighting through the pain and the booming fear ringing into my ears, I continue on running closer, until I see the gun once pointing at Youngjae's head now pointing to me, and a bullet flies in front of my face.

 

 

I scream and sit up, opening my eyes into the dark hospital room.

 

 

“Saehee, are you alright?”

 

 

The light from the moon illuminated through the windows and revealed Daehyun sitting next to me, worried and surprised by my sudden scream. I breathe heavily and feel my wet hair from all the sweat clinging onto my face.

 

He comes closer to me and grabs a towel to wipe off my sweat.

 

 

“It's alright, Saehee. It was only a dream.”

 

“No, it was real – It felt real, I know it was real,” I stutter.

 

 

Daehyun makes his way and sits on the corner of the bed, putting down the towel. He brings my face into his chest and gently starts to pats my head.

 

 

“You're fine now, you're here with me. Nothing bad will happen and no one bad will pop up. You're safe here in my arms,” he calmly whispers.

 

 

The shaking stops and my deep breathes lessen once I finally start to calm myself. Daehyun slowly pulls away and looks into my eyes.

 

 

“Are you alright? Can you go back to sleep?”

 

I shake my head, “I don't want to go back to sleep.”

 

“The doctors said you need as much rest as possible, and sleeping will help clear your mind. Here, I'll lay down next to you.”

 

 

He gets up from his seat and shifts me over to make room for himself. He tucks the both of us under the blanket and starts softly patting my shoulder. If I weren't this afraid right now I'd probably be yanking all his hair out and kicking his balls, but since I need someone next to me –

 

I need Youngjae.

 

No, let's not think about Youngjae. You're just going to think about that horrible nightmare. It was just a nightmare.

 

 

 

 

“Why do you like me?”

 

Daehyun hesitates, “W-What?”

 

 

 

My eyes blankly stare at Daehyuun's chest in front of me.

 

 

“I am an undeserving daughter. A weak boss who can't protect her subordinates properly.”

 

 

He stops patting my shoulder and looks into my eyes.

 

 

 

 

“You know, the girl I like is really pretty. She's a girl with a pretty face and pretty hands. She may seem tough on the outside, but I know she's weak and fragile with a big, kind heart on the inside.

 

Because of that, the girl I like is strong. She has great strength in pulling my hair and ears out, but also has excellent fighting skills which bring out her charismatic character. She has the ability to stay calm in any situation, which influences others to do the same.

 

If you put these characteristics together, you can probably agree that I like the most beautiful girl on this planet.”

 

It was silent between us, and the only sound that was coming out were the loud buzzing of the night cockroaches. I can't tell if it was because it's awkward, but I couldn't stop staring into his sincere eyes which would blink every few seconds. He has dark circles from staying up to take care of me, and his skin is paler, acknowledging the dangerous situation we're in, but trying to stay calm about it.

 

We stare at each other probably for about a solid two minutes, and Daehyun's eyes finally widen and he hides his blushed face by pulling me against his shoulder which I was laying on, resting his chin on my head.

 

“Don't think about it too much. You have to get used to loosing subordinates. It's not like the first time something like this happened. Your dad lost his two best subordinates, which were his best friends when they sacrificed themselves for him. But he fought through the pain and continued on with his life.”

 

 

I know Daehyun was just trying to comfort me, but bringing up my dad wanted me to cry a waterfall.

 

My dad was murdered. My dad, who lived his life raising his rebellious daughter while taking care of his group all by himself, was killed by Youngjae's dad.

 

What a motherer.

 

 

“Then am I going to loose you too?” I ask.

 

Daehyun wraps his arms around me, “I will never leave you.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

 

With that I shut my eyes close, trying to fall asleep.

  • until I hear Daehyun's voice.

     

 

“I'm sorry Saehee. If only I had been with you then. If only I actually protected you for these four years I was suppose to, maybe I wouldn't be hating myself this much right now – God damn it, I hope you're sleeping. Saehee if you're awake do me a favor. Just this once, I want to feel your arms embrace me – without saying anything, or else I might seriously kill myself from embarrassment.”

 

 

My eyes open once again. Should I just pretend like I'm sleeping, or should I – damn it, my arm flinched. He probably knows I'm awake by now.

 

 

He continues, “Actually, just screw it. You're probably sleeping and I'm just being stupid for talking to myself. Come on, Jung Daehyun, what the hell--”

 

 

Whatever, I don't know anymore.

 

 

I take one of my arms and place it on Daehyun's waists, bringing myself closer to him.

 

 

“Can you please shut the up? I'm trying to sleep,” I mumble into his chest.

 

 

He gulps as he silences himself, and the two of us fall asleep in each other arms that night.

 

 

++

 

 

The sky was sunny the next day. I look past Daehyun's shoulder, and the time read that it was seven in the morning. As soon as I open my eyes, Daehyun's eyes follow shortly after, and we stare into each others half-asleep expressions.

 

I feels his arm shift under my head.

 

 

“,” he whispers, “I can't feel my arm.”

 

 

I lift my head away from his arm and he places it next to his side, frantically trying to bend it and get back the blood flow.

 

 

“God damn it Saehee. It seems like there's nothing in that brain of yours, but why is your head so ing heavy?”

 

“Shut the hell up Daehyun. It was your fault for placing it under my head in the first place,” I angrily reply.

 

 

He's still the same mental retard.

 

 

He sits up and rotates his shoulder, a little too exaggerated. But after he shakes it off, he looks behind his shoulder and into my eyes.

 

 

“Are you feeling better now?”

 

 

My blinking habits kick back in as I avoid eye contact, “Yeah, thanks to you,” I mutter.

 

“Hm? What was that?”

 

I kick his leg which were under the blankets, “I know you heard me, .”

 

“No, I really didn't. Can you repeat what you said, a little louder this time?”

 

 

I finally sit up next to him and move my right arm to yank his hair, until I feel a sharp pain happening on the place where I got stabbed. My arm quickly shakes as my shoulder goes up, and think that putting my hand over my wound would somehow make it better, when it only made it worse from putting more pressure onto the pain.

 

 

“Does it hurt a lot? Should I call the nurses?”

 

I shoo him with my other arm, “I'm alright.”

 

“But still, let me check it.”

 

 

He moves my hair out of the way and slightly pulls down my hospital gown to observe my scar.

 

 

– and then Himchan and Yongguk just had to walk in on us. Daehyun and I, sitting next to each other on the bed.

 

Daehyun immediately takes his hands off me and steps out of the bed.

 

 

“Hyung –it's not like what you thin-”

 

“Jung. ing. Daehyun. Get your over here right now.” Himchan hisses.

 

 

Daehyun slowly takes frightened steps in front of Himchan.

 

 

“Himchan,” I step in. “Daehyun was only trying to help me, we weren't doing anything wrong.”

 

Himchan grabs Daehyun's collar, “Are you sure?”

 

 

The two of us nod, Daehyun nodding a little faster, and Himchan lets go.

 

 

“You got lucky, this time,” he whispers.

 

 

Daehyun sighs as if ten years of his life got taken away, but his eyes widen at the sight of take out food in Himchan's hands.

 

 

“Food? Thanks hyung!”

 

Himchan shoves the food away from Daehyun, “This is only for me, Yongguk, and Saehee.”

 

“Hyung, don't be like this,” Daehyun whines.

 

 

He ignores Daehyun and sets up the table, taking out a plate of sandwiches, fruits, and salad. He takes a mug and brews tea with the hot water, and places it on a tray.

 

 

“Eat slowly.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

Himchan smiles and pats my head as he starts setting up for Yongguk and himself, leaving a pouting Daehyun slouching in a chair all by himself, asking himself why he deserves this kind of punishment.

 

 

I roll my eyes, “Jung Daehyun.”

 

 

His eyes brighten when I call his name.

 

 

“Come here and eat a sandwich.”

 

 

Daehyun gallops next to me and takes a seat, waiting for Himchan to give him his meal, except Himchan only continued to eat his meal.

 

 

“Kim Himchan.”

 

“Yes, Saehee?” he responds, as if he never heard me calling Daehyun to eat.

 

 

I sigh, they're so childish.

 

 

“Give Daehyun his breakfast.”

 

Himchan furrows his eyebrows in confusion, “Who's that?”

 

Yongguk chuckles, “I got you, Daehyun.”

 

Daehyun tears, “Thanks Yongguk. You're the best hyung in the whole world.”

 

“I know.”

 

Himchan scowls at Yongguk, “Come on, you were suppose to back me up.”

 

“I back you up twenty-four seven, give me a break for once.”

 

“You guys are like a married couple,” I comment.

 

Yongguk freezes for a second, until Himchan scoffs, “We are practically married. We live under the same roof and see each other every single day,” he nags.

 

 

Yongguk walks over to Daehyun to give him his meal. He faces me and gives me a slight glare as a warning, but I wink instead. I got you, Yongguk.

 


 

A/N: aaannnddd #TeamDaehyun is in the lead!
Loljk, I don't know what's in yo hearts. So let
me ask you guys again, #TeamYoungjae or
#TeamDaehyun? Or are you guys one of those
people you can't decide, and just go with
#TeamBangHim HAHA idk but make sure to
comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .