Farewell

Speak to Me

 

 

Let me add on to that phrase: It hurts much more when the enemy twists the knife while stabbing you, and then it equally hurts when they yank it out like the knife is some sort of sword in a stone.

 

After stumbling a bit from the pain, three gunshots immediately fire at the person behind me, killing Jungook right way.

 

 

Oh god, I can feel the blood flooding out of my body.

 

 

Sunggyu lunges towards me with another knife, but Youngjae's good aim from his bullet causes the knife to knock out of his hand. I take the chance and shoot two more bullets right at his forehead.

 

 

“Bull's eye motherer,” I mumble to the now dead Sunggyu.

 

 

A tiny grunt automatically comes out of my mouth.

 

 

This is not good. It's starting to hurt really bad.

 

I pull myself together. Crying about it won't make anything better.

 

 

Just then Youngjae grabs my arm and starts running.

 

 

“What about Yongguk?” I ask.

 

“He'll be fine on his own. He can handle the rest on his own.”

 

 

Two men start chasing after us, but Yongguk immediately shoots and kills both of them despite the long distance. It was probably about twenty men against Yongguk, but he was still able to kill at a constant pace, especially since Youngjae killed most of them beforehand.

 

Once Youngjae and I were out of sight from any enemies, he searches through the hallways and takes me in a restroom. We stand in front of the sink and Youngjae cups the running water with his hands, and my shoulders rise when he pours it onto my back, right onto the wound.

 

 

Ow ow ow ow –

 

 

“I know it hurts Saehee, trying staying quiet, we don't want to be found out.”

 

 

I nod, but Youngjae sighs in panic. My red shirt which was originally white was getting even more soaked with the water and more blood.

 

 

“The blood won't stop flowing,” he says to himself.

 

 

I hear his pull down the zipper to his jacket. He takes it off and straps it around my underarm and my back.

 

 

“Ow, not so tight please,” I whisper.

 

 

He doesn't give me a reply, and I hear him sniffing instead.

 

 

Youngjae is crying.

 

 

 

I turn to face him with worried eyes, “Youngjae, why are you crying?”

 

 

He wraps his arms around me, just like the time I almost got shot.

 

 

“I'm so sorry, this is all my fault,” his words breathe against my neck, and his tears pour on my shoulder.

 

 

I take my hand and reach for his head to calm him down, but then there was a scratch going through our walkie-talkie.

 

 

“Yoo Youngjae,” A man's voice gurgles through the communication device, “I know you can hear me. I have caught all your subordinates, and we're all waiting for you and your girlfriend in the main hall. Hurry and come, or else this may be the last time you see your friends.”

 

 

I let go and we stare into each other eyes, surprised by the sudden voice.

 

 

“Was that … your dad?” My lips shiver.

 

“I think so,” He quivers back. His tears were now all dried up, unable to fall from being too shocked.

 

 

I look around, wondering what to do.

 

Calm down, Saehee. There's nothing to be scared about Youngjae's dad. You never met him before, he may be some kind of weak old grandpa.

 

 

I take a deep breath and hold Youngjae's hand, “Let's go to the main hall.”

 

 

We start running through the hallways, and it was silent as there were no enemies were in sight. They were probably all gathered in the main hall. Once we were in front of the closed doors, Youngjae and I each take a handle and open the doors to reveal a horrific sight in front of us.

 

 

On one side were Daehyun, Jongup, and Yongguk being held by the enemy with a gun placed next to the side of their heads. On the other side was Himchan and Hyosung also held captive, but with knives placed so close to their necks, that a gulp might possible slit them.

 

In the middle was a middle-aged man who was as tall as Youngjae. He had the same expressionless face that Youngjae always puts on in front of strangers, and his hair was still rich black despite how old he looked with the wrinkles on his face.

 

Youngjae immediately pulls out a gun in front of him, until Youngjae's dad sticks up his index finger and moves it side to side.

 

 

“I wouldn't do that if I were you. One bad move you make on me will cause your friends to breathe their last breaths. Come on Youngjae, I just want a conversation with my son I haven't seen in such a long time,” he calmly speaks.

 

“Son? When was I ever your son?” He threatens.

 

“Well, we do look awfully alike now that you're all grown up, and you have my genes inside of you.”

 

I tug on Youngjae's shirt, “Put down the gun.”

 

Youngjae's dad heard me despite our distance towards each other, “Yes, listen to your smart girlfriend. Hm, now that I see her face closer, she's even prettier rather than the times I watched from afar.”

 

 

What the ? Was he stalking me or something? Only Daehyun can do that.

 

 

“If you can, drop the gun onto the floor and everything will go smoothly,” he orders.

 

 

I look into Youngjae's eyes, Just listen to him for now. It's the only thing we can do.

 

 

His eyebrows furrow in anger, but Youngjae ends up taking a deep breathe and puts down the gun.

 

 

“Good,” he mutters. “But I pity you, Youngjae. You're just like me, always listening to your lady. I, too always did what your mom liked and never questioned her. Next think I know, she became a .”

 

“Shut the up, she was never like that!” Youngjae talks back.

 

“Really? Because I consider witnessing my own wife doing dirty things with another man other than her own husband considered being a hoe.”

 

“You don't even know what she was going through!”

 

“Then do you know?” Youngjae's dad raises his voice, “You last saw her when you were still a toddler, what would a five year old know?!”

 

 

Youngjae wasn't able to reply from the huge amount of anger stirring inside of him. His hands and teeth were tightly clenched, his lips tightly pursed.

 

 

Youngjae's dad takes a deep breathe, “Never mind that, I didn't want to talk about the reason I killed your mom.” He chuckles, “Miss Saehee, haven't you ever wondered how your dad suddenly developed terminal cancer? Or if his death was really because of an illness, or because of a pill he accidentally swallowed that caused his lungs to gradually die.”

 

 

My eyes open wide. He was the one who killed my dad?

 

I clench my fists. I am so going to kill this .

 

 

“You bastard!” Daehyun shouts. The guy holding him strikes him down, but immediately pulls him back up and places the gun next to his temples once again.

 

Youngjae's dad places a finger to his lips and shushes Daehyun, “If you keep shouting like that, you'll end up killing yourself.” He teases, but the lets out a big laughter.

 

 

“Oh, how well my plan is going. Yoo Youngjae, I don't know if you know this, but I made a promise to you that I'd let you grow up –I was being nice. You see, I figured you should experience the chance you have to be born on this earth. But then you became a little too strong growing up.

 

I know how great your strength is, so I made a plan. I'll hurt the ones you love, and then eventually you'll have no one, which will make you weak –and that's where I step in, and 'bam!' You die all alone. So far I've successfully killed your mom, and your second parents. Guess who's next?”

 

 

My eyes open wide, me?

 

“You wouldn't,” Youngjae speaks with his clenched his teeth.

 

His smirks, “Oh, but I will. I'd figure you wouldn't like it, so I made a condition –you know, being the nice guy I am and all. If you come with me –without hurting me or my guys, then I will let your friends and your girlfriend free. And to Miss Saehee, once Youngjae comes with me, you too are not obligated to attack, because that will only result in a dead Youngjae.”

 

He loads a gun and gestures Youngjae to come to him, “Aren't you going to come?”

 

I grab Youngjae's hand, “Don't leave.”

 

“Don't worry Miss Saehee, this gun is only just in case you guys don't listen to my orders. I won't kill Youngjae. After all, I'm planning on killing you first.”

 

I ignore his words and look into Youngjae's eyes, “Don't even try to take a step.”

 

 

Youngjae's eyes were full of lost hope and confusion.

 

 

 

I start feeling dizzy and stumble into Youngjae's arms. His jacket didn't help stop the blood flow.

 

 

Damn it, I lost too much blood.

 


My breathes start to become shorter, and the throbbing in my head comes back as I feel dizzier.

 

 

“Seems like you don't have a lot of time to decide anymore,” Youngjae's dad comments.

 

 

Youngjae holds me in one arm and cups my face with the other.

 

 

“Take care of yourself first. When you go back, talk to Somi and Eunhae, hang out with them from time to time. Don't let Daehyun eat too much, and if Himchan tries to hit on you, there will always be Yongguk to stop him. You'll be fine without me. Just make sure to keep the group going.”

 

 

Tears start forming.

 

Don't leave me. I can't live without you. I need you.

 

 

My heart tears apart when he places his lips on mine. Usually my heart flutters, but this time it's shattering into pieces you wouldn't be able to count. He slowly releases himself away from me, but then I fall to my knees from the lack of strength.

 

He bends down and places his hands on my shoulders with a strong grip, giving me one last peck on the forehead. He turns his back and starts walking towards his dad. Two of his guys grabs each of Youngjae's arms, and he looks back along with his dad.

 

 

“Don't worry Miss Saehee, I won't do anything too awful to Youngjae. Thanks for letting me take him. Alright guys, let's go. You guys can release her subordinates.”

 

 

The men let everyone go and released the knives and guns away from my guys as they follow after Youngjae's dad and Youngjae, eventually surrounding the two of them, making me loose sight of Youngjae as they walk out the back door.

 

I try putting strength into my body and lift myself for my legs to start staggering towards them, only to be stopped by Daehyun as he holds both of my arms with his hands.

 

 

“Saehee, just stop. There's nothing we can do,” he pleads.

 

 

Tears uncontrollably fall from my eyes. Why am I so weak?

 

My head lands on Daehyun's chest and he catches me before I fall again, lifting me up in his arms.

 

 

“Come on, we got to get her to the hospital,” Himchan orders.

 

 

My eyelids start heavily drooping as I feel myself passing out, and try reading Daehyun's unpredictable expression looking down into my eyes.

 

 

“You idiot,” he mutters.  

 


 

A/N: Just before any of y'all freak out,
this is not the end of the story. I was
not able to upload in like forever because
(I was spazzing out beause of B.A.P's
comeback) I was going through denial that
this story is already half finished, so I'm going
to take this time to say I love y'all. Make sure
to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou . aishteru .