I'm Not Alone

Speak to Me

 

 

“You're scar isn't fully healed yet. Make sure to come back next week so we can change your patch. Also, you are not allowed to go on any missions.”

 

“It's just a stupid cut on my back,” I mumble.

 

Dr. Park chuckles, “Take care of yourself, Miss Kim.”

 

We all bow, “Thank you Dr. Park.”

 

 

I breathe the fresh air once we step out of the hospital's automatic doors. Being stuck in a room filled with medicine was not so pleasant to be in. And for once I actually missed the honking cars and the random strangers cursing at each other.

 

 

“You're finally out of the hospital, would you like to go anywhere?”

 

I stretch out my arms into the sky, “No, I just want to go home.”

 

 

Once we come home the first thing I do is plop down on our leather couch, making myself comfortable in this familiar place I haven't been in the longest time ever.

 

 

Yongguk sits on the corner, “What are we going to do about Youngjae's stuff?”

 

“Just leave it. He's going to come back anyway.”

 

 

He didn't know how to reply and just stayed silent. Will Youngjae really come back? – No, he will. We will see him another time, and he'll be back. I know it.

 

After all, they're going to kill me first.

 

 

“Well, Daehyun and I are going to go out and take care of some business. You stay with Himchan and Jongup, alright?”

 

I muffle into the couch, serving as a “alright.”

 

 

The corner of the couch rises as Yongguk gets up from his seat, and I hear the door close a few minutes after.

 

 

A maid comes up to me, “Miss Kim, a voice mail came in. Would you like to listen to it, or should we delete it?”

 

“I'll go listen to it,” I lazily lift myself up from the couch.

 

The maid hands me the phone, and I press the 'play' button, shocked at the voice that was coming through.

 

 

N-Noona,”

 

Junhong?

 

He was breathing heavily against the phone mic, “Saehee-noona... I'm not dead. S-Save me, please.”

 

It wasn't long when my hand started shaking along with his voice, and it was no use in trying to hold the phone with both hands.

 

 

They took me... t-they're hurting me, torturing me real bad. It's no use in fighting back.. They're too strong.”

 

 

Who's 'they?'

 

 

Just in case this is the last you hear from me, N-Noona... I love you. A lot, really – to the ends of the earth. I'm sorry for everything I've done, and I-I regret not treating you better. I miss you a lot right now –but I don't know if I'll be alive by the time you get this message.”

 

 

Right then the message gets cut off when a gun shot fires, causing me to loose the grip on the phone, making me drop it.

 

 

“Saehee, what's wrong?” Himchan asks, noticing my shaking body. He picks the phone back up and replays the message. It stays silent for a while as he listens to the message with wide eyes. Taking the phone away from his ear he looks through the call log and sighs in anger.

 

 

“Damn it, it's a blocked number. Youngjae was usually the one who undoes these kinds of things.”

 

“I can try figuring out the number,” Jongup pops in. “I've observed Youngjae carefully many times whenever he did it.”

 

 

Himchan hands Jongup the phone and he starts pressing many random buttons. Soon enough, he shows us the screen, revealing the number.

 

 

“Nice, Jongup.” Himchan quickly gets a pen and writes it down on a paper.

 

“Thank you. But what was the phone call about?”

 

 

The two of us gulp and we look at the innocent Jongup. He was just recovering from Zelo's “death,” what would happen when he found out who the voice mail was from?

 

 

Himchan shoves the piece of paper after writing the number down into his pocket, “It's really nothing, Jongup.”

 

 

It's nothing? I look up at Himchan and see him taking out his own cell phone, searching through his contacts.

 

 

“You know, it's been a really long week when it's suppose to be break for you guys. How about we go hang out with Saehee's friends?”

 

“Somi and Eunhae?”

 

“Yea, them –Oh! Eunhae-ah. How are you?”

 

“Are you calling Eunhae right now? How do you even have her number?” I ask, only to be ignored by Himchan's finger, telling me to be quiet as he continues flirting with Eunhae. I don't even have her number.

 

“ --Yea, oppa is bored, but so is Saehee. Should we all go hang out? Along with Somi too, of course. --Hm, maybe Daehyun and Yongguk might make it – Y-Youngjae?” He gulps and thinks for awhile, “ Uh, he says he wants to skip. -Yea, I know –what a jerk, right? Well, see you soon!”
 

 

With that Himchan hangs up and stares at me with his guilty eyes. I know, he's trying to take my mind off all this chaos, and I'm grateful. I don't want to make his plan go wrong, so I manage to let out a slight smile.

 

 

“Shall we get ready then?”

 

++

 

 

“Oppa!” Eunhae squeals as she runs into Himchan's arms. He tightly wraps his arms around her, and gives her a quick peck on the forehead.

 

 

Jongup and I continue to stare in surprise.

 

 

“Kim Himchan,” I say. “Since whe--”

 

“Eunhae and Himchan-oppa have been secretly meeting this whole time,” Somi explains.

 

My jaw drops. I push Himchan's shoulder down and whisper in his ear, “Don't you like Hyosung?”

 

He scoffs, “Girl, that was ages ago.”

 

“But Eunhae is my friend.”

 

“So? Come one, let's go. I know a lot of fun places to visit.”

 

 

Eunhae and Himchan start walking in each other's arms. I don't think they'd notice if we didn't follow because they're so focused with themselves. But somehow the three of us end up following them from behind.

 

 

“This feels really weird.”

 

“I know right? Hey, but where's Daehyun?” Somi asks.

 

“Daehyun? I thought you were into Yongguk.”

 

“Yea, but I've had a self-reflection and found myself falling for Daehyun ever since he saved me that day. The way he said, 'Somi watch out!' --Oh, I thought people only say that in dramas, and I thought people like me only get saved in dramas! He seems so gullible and stupid, but when he was fighting with those knives –it was a wonderful thing to experience,” she swoons.

 

 

Well that was fast.

 

 

I chuckle, “Daehyun is doing some kind of business with Yongguk.”

 

Somi sighs, “Of course, he must be a busy person. He must be tired … should I buy him something?”

 

“If you want to buy Daehyun anything, buy him food.”

 

“He would want food,” Somi giggles. “Oh yea, where's Youngjae?”

 

 

I blink, not knowing what to respond with. Whenever Youngjae's name pops up, an automatic frown comes onto my face.

 

 

“Noona be careful.”

 

Jongup stops me before I walk into a pole by placing his hand on my wrists, holding me back. I shake myself out from my thoughts. “Thanks, Jongup.”

 

 

Right then a car then drives near the edge of the sidewalk, and the tires splash against the large puddle on the road, onto the sidewalk. Jongup prevents my body from getting wet by stepping in my place and covering my head with his arms. I ended up getting a few sprinkles onto my hair, but Jongup's back which was facing the road along with his hair were drenched.

 

Jongup looks into my eyes and removes a strand of hair which was in my face.

 

 

“Noona, why are you so clumsy today?”

 

“Talk about yourself,” I respond, pointing at his see-through shirt. He wasn't wearing anything underneath, and his drenched shirt that stuck right onto his body revealed his well defined abs.

 

“Holy, how beautiful are those abs?,” Somi whispers.

 

Jongup looks down in shocks and hides his stomach, “Well, this is not awkward at all.”

 

“They're really beautiful,” Somi answers her own previous question.

 

 

Is she going to change guys again?

 

 

“I think we'll just have to go home so Jongup can change. You could come with us if you'd like, Somi.”

 

Her face brightens up, “Really? I'd love to!”

 

I smile and look around for Himchan and Eunhae, but they've already disappeared on their own. I roll my eyes and mumble, “Just wait, let me call a ride home.”

 

++

 

Somi takes a gasp as if she's breathing in all the oxygen in this universe.

 

 

“This.. so this is what it feels like to be rich. Am I even allowed to be stepping on this beautifully polished floor?”

 

 

After going through a stage of amazement, she starts running all over the living room.

 

 

“This place is freaking awesome!”

 

 

She then plops down onto the couch and violently kicks her feet, unable to hide her excitement.

 

 

Well, she made herself at home very fast.

 

 

“Somi, you do realize most of our butts have been on what you're stuffing your face into?” Jongup asks.

 

“I dohn khar!,” she squeals into the couch. She finally gives herself air and sits upright on the couch.

 

“Get a hold of yourself Jang Somi,” she tells herself, “If you're in a mansion, you must act mature,” she lifts her chin just a bit higher.

 

Jongup rolls his eyes, “I'm going to go change.”

 

 

He goes upstairs and I get a phone call from Himchan.

 

 

Saehee where are you?! Are you hurt?!”

 

I sigh, “It's about time you realized.”

 

S-so.. Are you alright?”

 

“Yes, I'm fine. Jongup, Somi and I are all home. Go enjoy the rest of your time together.”

 

Oh, thank god –Ah Eunhae! Give oppa a bite,” he hangs up the phone.

 

“Dirty old et.” I whisper.

 

 

“Somi? What are you doing in our house?” Daehyun asks. Him and Yongguk come in through the door with sweat all over their faces. Daehyun dropped his hand to his side which were holding his knives like he was drawing cards, and Yongguk was holding a gun with one hand and a briefcase on the other.

 

“I invited her over. Where were you guys?” I ask.

 

“Daehyun and I were suppose to negotiate on this briefcase with another group, but it got a little messy,” Yongguk explains.

 

“What's inside?”

 

Yongguk puts his gun back on his strap and reveals the briefcase, “A special kind of gun.”

 

I roll my eyes, “You guys killed other people just to get a single tiny gun?”

 

“There's that, and we needed something to take our mind off of.”

 

“Oh,” I look down. They needed to get their minds off of our situation.

 

“Anyway, what is this doing here?” Daehyun rudely asks.

 

“Mind you manners, bastard,” I gasp, angrily looking into his eyes.

 

“Says the person who needs to fix their manners first,” he fights back.

 

“Did you just talk back to your boss?”

 

“Why can't I? We're the same age, and you're just as stupid as I am.”

 

I lift my eyebrows, “Oh, you really want to go, ?”

 

“Yes, let us fight.”

 

“Guys, please stop. We have a guest,” Yongguk comes in. Daehyun and I both let out a “tch” and shift our heads away from each other.

 

 

He is so ing annoying.

 

 

“Come on Somi, let's get away from this loser.”

 

 

I start walking and Somi follows behind. We walk up the stairs together, but she lets out a giggle.

 

 

“Please don't tell you still have feelings for him. This is the real side of the guy you like. Rude, annoying, and stupid.”

 

“What are you talking about? I like him even more!”

 

I stop my tracks, “Excuse me?”

 

“He was so cute, the way he was yelling. I usually like guys like that. You know, they can be stupid but they're still strong. Daehyun is my ideal type.”

 

“Somi I love you and all, but please get out of my house for now.”

 

She laughs and links arms as she continues to walk, dragging me along with her, “Come on, I want to see your room!”

 

 

The first thing Somi does whens he goes into my room is plop down into my squishy bed.

 

“This feel so nice,” she sighs, sitting back up. “So, tell me what's wrong.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I ask, taking a seat next to her.

 

“There's obviously something going on. Your expressions whenever someone mentions Youngjae's name –plus I don't see that tall first-year.What happened? Does it have to do with Youngjae? Did you guys break up?”

 

I shake my head, “He went back to his dad.”

 

She frowns, “Can't you guys still keep in contact with one another?”

 

 

I let out a deep breathe and explain our situation, and the first thing she does is asks about my wound in panic.

 

 

“I'm fine, really. --Just, Youngjae is probably in more pain.”

 

“Awww, you guys are thinking about each other.”

 

“How would you know that?”

 

“Well, he got kidnapped away from his girlfriend who's been stabbed because of him. Do you think he's not going to think about you?”

 

 

I close my eyes, not wanting the pain to come back whenever I think about him. Instead, I smile.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Hm? Why are you thanking me?” she tilts her head.

 

“The first thing you asked about is my scar. I'm really glad, it really shows that someone cares for me.”

 

“Hey, do you think I'm the only one? There's Eunhae, along with your handsome men,” she wiggles her eyebrows.

 

 

That made me realize: This whole time I thought only bad things happen to me, when there were people next to me that made me feel better. When I thought no one liked me, there were people who actually appreciated me. –why did I ever feel that I was alone when I have so many people to rely on?

 

 

I really need to get my together and start doing something instead of thinking about unnecessary things.

 


 

A/N: Just like Saehee, I really need to get my
together and start doing something ._. But
thanks to MissMinniMii for the upvote!:)
 
I have two questions for y'all: What were your thoughts
on this chapter? I thought I should make a filler chapter to
take a break from all this madness and tried to make it happy,
but it might have been boring for you guys T_T. Also, besides
Youngjae and Saehee, who's your favorite character? It could be
anyone, even Youngjae's dad lolololol. Make sure to comment,
subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou.
 
tumblr_n0hmayY0yS1s7fq0vo1_250.gif