An Important Loss

Speak to Me

 

 

Sunggyu was right, the conference did go by in a blink of an eye. By the time I woke up it was already the second to last day of this conference. This conference helped me not only to grow physically, but to grow as a person. I'm somehow easily having conversations with people without faking it, and I'm beginning to have a sense on how to open up to people, and how to make people open up to you.

 

We were done eating lunch, and since Sunggyu feels that we still need more practice on our reflexes, that was what he decided to train us on again.

 

And by we, I mean me. I don't understand how people know that someone is coming up to them, or how they feel something fishy going on. Either I'm just that stupid, or everyone else is just extremely smart.

 

 

“Got you!” Sunggyu exclaims. We were in a room where it was built as if we were in the woods. The damp mud on the ground along with the cold night temperature, and the fresh smell of trees and plants made it really feel as if we were really outdoors. But the dark had no advantage whatsoever to help me improve my senses. I was just roaming around, focusing if anyone was near me until Sunggyu pops up and grabs me by the neck.

 

Yep, I'm just stupid.

 

 

“I'm sorry, I failed.”

 

 

Sunggyu doesn't let go. “Saehee, the enemy has just grabbed you. Even if you hadn't expected this surprise attack, you can still get out of this. Don't really attack me, just say what you're going to do.”

 

“Uhm, bite your arm?”

 

“Think. I have your neck in captive of my arms. Do you think you can just freely move it down so you can bite me?”

 

I ponder for awhile, “Then can I dig my nails into your arm? And when you loosen up from the pain, that's when I can bite you.”

 

Sunggyu let's go, “That sounds good. Always keep in mind, just because the enemy got a hold of you doesn't mean you should just give up then. Always fight till the end.”

 

“Aright.”

 

“And if you really can't tell if anyone is there, you know what you do?”

 

I shake my head, “No.”

 

“First thing is to be calm. Take a deep breathe. Second of all, even though your calm, that doesn't mean you should be too care-free. Just always keep in mind that someone or an army of people might attack you. Thirdly, since you are so calm and you have a basic understanding of your situation, you're mind is not thinking about anything else but your safety, so it will be able to tell when a presence comes near you. Don't even think about what to think about. Just let your mind do its job.”

 

“Uh, can you repeat that again, in English?” I ask.

 

Sunggyu chuckles, “Just follow your guts. I'm going to hide again. Either I or someone else will pop up, so always be on the lookout and let your mind take the lead.”

 

“I'll try.”

 

 

Sunggyu runs way into un-ending darkness. I still find it amazing that I've traveled so much, but I haven't bumped into a wall from this room. It didn't even seem this big when we first walked in.

 

I listen to Sunggyu's words and take a deep breathe, calming myself and start walking again. I don't know if it was working because I didn't feel anything for a while. But after three minutes of walking by myself, my body automatically turned back, and Jungook was only a few feet away from me.

 

 

“Wow noona, how did you know I was behind you? Did you hear my footsteps?”

 

I shake my head, “I don't even know how I knew.”

 

 

Wow, Sunggyu's words really helped. I don't even know how I did that.

 

 

Jungook and I continue to walk together in the darkness, not caring about the loud rustling of our feet that we were causing.

 

--until I feel something from above.

 

I look up and see something shiny coming down.

 

 

A knife?

 

 

I push Jungook and he falls to the side, and something lands on the ground. I reach my hand towards it, but then I feel my finger being slightly pierced and immediately back away.

 

 

“Noona, what's wrong?”

 

“A knife just fell.” I respond, feeling blood coming out of my finger.

 

 

Just then the lights turn on. I look up and it was only a white roof covering us, and a spacious white room with our clueless group members all scattered, staring at each other with confused eyes. I look down, and it was really a knife that was laying on the white floor.

 

“Is everyone alright?” Sunggyu asks.

 

 

I look up and notice someone gone.

 

 

“Where's Hyosung?”

 

 

We all look around, but see no signs of Hyosung. There were absolutely no furniture in this room where she would be hiding, and even the door was remained closed.

 

Just then the speakers go on over the room.

 

 

Mic test one two, is this thing working? Oh, it is? Okay thanks. --Everyone listen up. This is the president of this conference, my name is Tablo nice to meet you all. There have been reports of people missing and weapons flying everywhere. Group leaders immediately take your groups into the main hall where we will be locking all the doors so no one can go in or come out without my special permission. You better hurry up because I'm giving you guys ten minutes to come starting from … now!”

 

 

The sound of speakers closing comes up, and then afterward were just silent in the room for a couple of seconds, trying to grasp the situation.

 

 

Sunggyu then orders, “Everyone, make sure to stay calm no matter what. Even though this is sudden let's all go to the main hall together.”

 

“What about Hyosung?” I ask.

 

“We'll have to pray that she's fine.”

 

 

I help Jungook get up from the ground and our group walks out of the door to the main hall amongst all the huge amount of people. Once we walk in the main hall though, it was a huge roar of confused people trying to talk over each other. After a few minutes the doors close and lock, and someone screams into a microphone,

 

 

“Will you all shut the up?!”

 

 

We look up onto the stage and see a young looking person huffing and puffing from all the strength he used to scream. He coughs, talks a deep breathe and calms himself to speak again.

 

 

“I'm Tablo, the guy from the announcement you guys just heard. Please, do not go panic at what I'm about to say. Someone outside of this conference has broken in and brought a lot of people with weapons with him. We don't know what his objective is, but if you see anyone like this, please report it to your group leaders first. Don't go suddenly attacking the guy like a pack of llamas whatsoever.”

 

 

A picture shows up on the big screen behind him, and it was a side profile of a middle aged man with many men in black suits surrounding him.

 

Men in black suits.

The men who attacked the other day.

 

 

“,” I hear Yongguk whispers as he was next to me.

 

“Are those the same people who attacked us last time?”

 

Yongguk looks down into my eyes, “The man in the middle is Youngjae's dad.”

 

A sudden shiver goes down my spine. “W-Why would Youngjae's dad be here?”

 

He gulps, “I don't know.”

 

Tablo continues talking, “For now, you guys will all be locked up in here, even if it means that we'll all be sleeping in this room together. Meet up with your groups –the groups you guys came with and if there's anyone missing, come up to us and we'll send out people to search for them.”

 

 

As soon as Tablo dismisses us, I get a call from Daehyun.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

Saehee, are you alright? Where are you?”

 

“I'm fine. I'm in the main hall, how about you?”

 

Youngjae and I are in the back right corner of the room, so come with Yongguk and meet us there.”

 

 

I hang up the phone and take Yongguk to meet up with Daehyun and Youngjae. When we passed through the crowd Himchan was with them as well. I see Youngjae frowning as he rubs his temples in pain.

 

 

“Hey, you alright?” I ask.

 

“I'm fine,” He mumbles, “There are just too many people thinking at once that I have a headache.”

 

Daehyun ends a phone call that he was on, “Zelo won't pick up his phone.”

 

“Same for Jongup,” Himchan says.

 

 

A silence of panic passes through the five of us. We all look around the room and see no signs of either Jongup or Zelo.

 

 

Stay calm Saehee, it's the best you can do as a boss right now.

 

 

I take a deep breathe, “Since we're locked up here, let's just make this our spot. You guys stay here, I'll go tell Tablo that we're missing people.”

 

“I'll go with you. I might be able to ask for some headphones to stop this pain.” Youngjae says.

 

“Alright. Youngjae and I will go, the rest of you just sit here and stay put.”

 

 

The three guys nod, and Youngjae and I go to the front of the room, but see a number of people trying to talk to Tablo, so we wait in a line. I look over and see Youngjae still in pain, so I stand in front of him and reach my arms, putting my hands tightly over his ears and his expression immediately gets better. He takes a deep breathe, finally calm.

 

We had to go forward, so I look back once and slowly start to walk backwards and Youngjae follows, until he puts my hands on my waists for me to stop walking. We continue like this, my hands on Yongjae's ears while his hands on my waists, and we both smile at how foolish we look, but there was nothing else we can do.

 

Finally we come to Tablo and he gives us a weird look at first, but then realizes –

 

 

“Ah! Yoo Youngjae, the guy who the girls are obsessed with, and his boss, Kim Saehee, correct? Uh, is everything alright?”

 

I keep standing in front of Youngjae to block his ears, but turn my face back and speak to Tablo, “Yes, you are right. I know we look really weird right now, but long story short, Youngjae can read minds and he needs something to block his ears.”

 

 

Tablo continues to stare at us, wondering if we were actual normal people, until I notice headphones strapped around his neck. He sees me staring at his headphones, and takes them off and walks up to place them on Yongjae's ears as I remove my hand.

 

 

“So, this guy can really read minds?” Tablo asks.

 

“Yes, please don't tell anyone. Thank you for your headphones.”

 

“No … not a problem at all.” He continues to stare in awe, still unable to believe the information I just spat at him, but shortly shoots out of it, “Do you guys need anything else?”

 

“Two of our people are missing. One guys' name is Moon Jongup. He's around five feet eight, strong built body, and has small eyes with brown hair. The other guy's name is Zelo, or Choi Junhong. He's around six feet and he has big eyes and dark blue hair.”

 

Tablo nods, “Alright we'll look into it.”

 

“And, the people in the picture... the one in the middle is Youngjae's dad.”

 

Tablo's expression turns serious immediately, “Tell me more.”

 

“Youngjae's dad has been wanting to kill his son ever since they separated. I don't know full details myself, but these few days Youngjae's dad and his people have been surprising us with many sudden attacks, and this is probably one of them.”

 

Tablo nods, “I guess everyone will have to camp out here tonight since it's far too dangerous for anyone to walk out of this room. We'll hand out your weapons tonight just in case Youngjae's dad plans to somehow attack us, which is highly unlikely. All doors are safely secured, but just in case. There are guards roaming out, and if we get anything from them we'll tell it to you right away.”

 

“Thank you, and I'm sorry. This is all happening because of us.”

 

“Not at all, I see it as a privilege to be helping the strongest group. I mean, we should have expected something like this when everyone thinks they can destroy the greatest group, right? Take good care and be extra careful of yourselves, alright?”

 

 

As soon as we get back we see Yongguk, Himchan, and Daehyun all sitting down and we join them.

 

 

“How'd it go?” Himchan asks.

 

“They sent out people to look for Jongup and Zelo. I also told him that it was Youngjae's dad, and they'll tell us if anything happens.”

 

“I'm sorry,” Youngjae says, looking down.

 

“No Youngjae you don't--”

 

I get caught off, he probably must not be hearing anything and speaking on his own, “My dad is here to kill me, I know it. He said he'd let me grow and he'll come after me in ten years. It's been ten years, and he's here. Tomorrow morning I'll go out and confront my dad and just let him kill me,and he'll probably leave the rest of you guys alone.”

 

 

I rest my hand on Youngjae's hand make him look into my eyes and read my words,

 

 

“You are not dying.”

 

Youngjae sighs and looks back down at his lap. Everyone in the conference starts to sit, some chatting and some staying silent -which was us. We weren't able to say anything to one another, each of us worried about what was going to happen, and what was happening to Jongup and Zelo.

 

Three hours pass, we got our weapons back. In the meantime the doors kept opening, and everyone looked with expected eyes, only for some people to cry in joy that their people came back safe and sound. The people who came back were either lost, or in the bathroom when the announcement came on.

 

Another two hours, and still no signs of Jongup or Zelo, until the door opened and everyone's expected eyes were filled with disappointment, but our eyes open wide.

 

Jongup came back.

 

The five of us get up on our feet and run to Jongup, and I tightly embrace him.

 

 

“You idiot! Where were you? We were all so worried!”

 

I release myself but keep my hands on his shoulders, “Where's Junhong?”

 

Jongup had scars and a bruise all over his face, “N-Noona,” he shivers.

 

 

His expression was mixed with great fear and sadness.

 

 

“W-what's wrong? What happened?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Zelo is dead."

 


 

A/N: Yeup, kill me now. But just to clear up any
misunderstandings, I love Zelo with all my heart,
don't think I wanted to kill him or something because
I hate him or something, becasue I do do really love him.
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou .