Let's Fight

Speak to Me

 

     “Saehee, time for dinner,” Himchan says as he opens my door.

 

     “I'm not eating.” I mutter, laying my head on my desk, drumming my fingers against it.

 

     He frowns, “Why not?”

 

     Because I do not want to go out there, face Youngjae and apologize. I'm too humiliated and embarrassed already, I never want to see his face again.

 

     “I'm not hungry,” I respond.

 

     “But today's menu is steak.”

 

     “I don't like steak,” I groan.

 

     I honestly love steak. I would eat it everyday if that was possible. But because of Youngjae --stupid Youngjae, I can't.

 

     “Saehee, come out and eat.” Another stern voice orders.

 

     My heart almost died from shock and I slowly stand up and look back. Of course it had to be Youngjae who came into my room. I don't think I've ever glared at Youngjae. Why am I so mad at him? Or maybe it is from embarrassment. Youngjae was only trying to help but I got mad instead.

 

     Why am I such a jerk?

 

     Soon enough, Himchan continues to look back and forth at me and Youngjae giving off strong stares at each other and a light bulb goes off in his head.

 

     “Oh, I see, I see. I'll leave you two alone now.”

 

     “No, stay.” I order. I don't want to be left alone with Youngjae.

 

     “It's alright hyung, you can leave.”

 

     “No. Stay.”

 

     “Just leave.”

 

     “Stay.”

 

     Himchan gulps as this intense atmosphere which was getting worse. He doesn't want to be stuck in the middle, so he makes up the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard in my entire life.

 

     “Uh, I think I'll just leave. Yongguk is waiting for me so I can make him his favourite appetizer -no, I mean massage his shoulders. W-well, what I mean by that is,” His worried expression disappears as he smirks, “I'll just leave you two love birds alone. Just don't do anything erse.”

 

     He wiggles his eyebrows at the both of us before leaving, happily skipping down the hallway and singing,       “Youngjae and Saehee, sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S--”

 

    Youngjae takes a few steps into my room and closes the door behind him. I gulp. Why is he closing my room door?

 

     What is he going to do? God dammit Himchan, I told you to stay.

 

     But as I continue staring into his eyes, his strong glare softens as it fills with sorrow.

 

     He slowly takes a few steps forward and I gulp. When he is close enough, he puts down one of his knees on the ground, the other one following shortly.

 

     He was on his knees.

 

     “I'm sorry. Please forgive me.”

 

     What. Is it one of his "I can't help but think everything is my fault" moments?

 

     I sigh, “Yoo Young-”

 

     “It was wrong of me to do something abruptly without your orders. I acted on my own emotions, getting frustrated when they where mocking the former boss.”

 

     “Please, don't apologize.” I whisper, my pity gradually increasing for Youngjae, feeling worse about myself.

 

     Oh come on, Saehee. Stop being such a kid and just apologize out loud. Just do it, and get it over with.

 

     I cough a few time and take a deep breathe.

 

     “No, I will not accept your apology. There's no reason for you to apologize in the first place. This time it was really me who did wrong. I'm actually very grateful for what you did. This time, I'll be the one who's sorry. So please, get up from your knees”

 

     Youngjae listens and stands back up. I see him let out a tiny sigh, and looks back up at me with a sincere smile.

 

     “Well then,” he says as he places his hand on his stomach, sticking out his elbow. “Link your arms with me, I will you to the dinning table.”

 

     I scoff as I storm out of my room first, “Bull. Youngjae, stop playing with me.”

 

     I walk out of the room with a tomato red face. you, Youngjae. For making my heart burst like this.

 

++

 

     “Yoo Youngjae! Let's fight!” Daehyun hollers.

 

     “Shut up and help set up the table.”

 

     “I'm not gonna until you fight me!”

 

     “There he goes again,” Yongguk sighs.

 

     He was sitting next to me on the dining table. As the boss and the oldest, it was necessary for us to be seated and wait for our meal instead of helping out.

 

     “Why is Daehyun so eager to fight Youngjae all the time?” I ask.

 

     “Because Daehyun never won against Youngjae.”

 

     “Well, it is a given that he'll never win.”

 

     Yongguk lets out a smile revealing his gums. “But if weapons were allowed, there might be a chance that Daehyun would win.”

 

     “What do you mean?”

 

     “Youngjae's specialty are guns, but he can't use those since it'll kill Daehyun. Daehyun's specialty are knives, like the kind you use to slice your steak.”

 

     “Knives?”

 

     He nods, “When Daehyun was learning how to control his anger, one of his exercises was to throw knives past candles at certain distances without making the light go out. It took a lot of patience and time, but eventually he learned and he ended up being extra good having control over the knives. He can make them curve in any direction, and he can decide how hard it'll hit the opponent.”

 

     “Hm, interesting.” Nodding my head, I've never expected Daehyun to be actually good at something despite his horrible grades.

 

     “Oh, there was this one mission where he had to go up against forty people, and I was the one evaluating him because new comers always get evaluated. But I was seriously shocked when I saw that boy move. He had his knives, and didn't get a single scratch on his body, killing all the opponents in just fifteen minutes.”

 

     My mouth opens wide in amazement. Yongguk chuckles and rubs the back of his neck, “He ended up failing, because he wasn't suppose to kill the people.”

 

     I let out a smile, silly Daehyun. But still, “I guess there is a brain in his head.”

 

     Yongguk chuckles. “Daehyun his filled with many surprises.”

 

     “Amen to that.”

 

     As we were eating, I grew worried, because we have knives for our meal. Especially after hearing Daehyun's story and the fact that he has a strong will to fight Youngjae today, I eye him every few minutes. He calmly cuts his steak, and by the time he was almost done with it, I felt sort of at ease.

 

     Dinner will be over, the dishes will be put away, the forks and knives will be clean. Calm down Saehee.

 

     Wait, why am I finding Daehyun as a scary person, anyways? I've known him for four years, he's still an annoying bastard. I mean, how scary can he get?

 

     “Table manners, Daehyun.” I hear Youngjae say.

 

     I look up and see Daeahyun pointing his knife at Youngjae and gulp.

 

      “Bad decision on our meal today, especially when I have a strong will to fight you.”

 

    “Jung Daehyun, just eat.”

 

     Since it was Himchan who gave the command, Daehyun pouts and obeys. He puts down his knife and takes a gulp out of his drink.

 

     I let out a sigh of relief.

++

 

     After we were done with our meal, Youngjae gets up and takes my plate, about to take it to Himchan who was doing the dishes.

 

     “Oh, thanks.”

 

     He doesn't reply or leave, but instead looks into my eyes, emotionless. My heart annoyingly thumps once again. I tried looking away to hide my blushed face, but something told me to continue to stare back. What was he thinking about?

 

     The corners of his lips go up, “It's so obvious.”

 

     Why is Youngjae suddenly smiling like that? What is so obvious? That I like him -no way, how would he find out?

 

     No, no. That's not it, it can't be and it won't be.

 

     “W-What is?”

 

     He doesn't reply and continues to look into my eyes. Should I be glad that we're finally made up, or scared at his sudden expression. I mean, he rarely smiles.

 

     “Hey, Youngjae!”

 

     Our eyes avert to Daehyun.

 

     “Don't blame me if I stab you in the eye,” He says as he wipes his germs off the knife by wiping it with a napkin, “I'm a little stiff today!”

 

     My eyes open wide as Daehyun flicks his knife at us, and almost faint at the slice of the knife going against my cheek.

 

     Daehyun's mouth opens wide. “S-Saehee, I-I'm—”

 

     Himchan walks out and gasps, “Saehee, blood.” He points to my cheek.

 

     As soon as I feel something run down my face, I frantically search for a napkin until I hear a slap and notice that Youngjae somehow quickly glided to Daehyun. By that single hit, Daehyun's cheeks were already red.

 

     “I'll let you fight me, just don't make me bored.” Youngjae challenges.

 

     Daehyun completely forgets about his guilt and gets fired up to fight Youngjae.

 

     “Alright, bring it on.”

 

     Daehyun takes the first punch and Youngjae quickly dodges it. He continues to quickly attack as Youngjae continues to somehow dodge every move.

 

     “You guys, stop fight-,”

 

     Himchan takes my chin and makes my eyes turn to his as he starts dabbing the blood on my face with cotton from the first-aid kit that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

     “Just let them be, it'll be over soon.”

 

     “But still, what if one of them gets seriously injured?”

 

     Just then Daehyun's body flies and his back gets slammed into the wall, falling to the ground after.

 

     There was no sight of scars or even sweat on Youngjae's face.

 

     “I told you to not bore me.”

 

     Youngjae then walks to his room and shuts the door, hard.

 

     “Dammit, I lost again.” Daehyun mumbles and he slowly gets up from the ground.

 

     He lets out tears.

 

     “Daehyun? Why are you crying?” Himchan asks.

 

     “Because I'm so pathetic."

 

     After applying a band-aid to my face, he smirks as he takes a used straw, heading over to where Daehyun lays defeated.

 

     He hands the straw to Daehuyn, “Here's a straw, now it up.”

 

     Daehyun snatches the straw and throws it at Himchan's face.

 

     “I hate all of you.”

 

     He then runs out the door, leaving Himchan dazing off into the distance. He then comes back to his senses and rubs the back of his neck as his sighs, “Oh, this is serious.”

 

     “Why is Daehyun like that?”

 

     “He's just being emotional and thinking about his past and how he was always defeated. That's why Youngjae usually declines Daehyun's request to fight him, because he knows that Daehyun will end up like this. You know, he's still a kid. There are times when he can manage himself, but there are times when he can't help but let his past affect him, making him want to fight everyone he sees.”

 

     “Where is Daehyun going?”

 

     “Don't worry Saehee, he'll be back by tomorrow morning.”

 

     The thing is, he didn't come back the next morning.

 


 
A/N: After one problem gets solved, another
one pops up, what is wrong with this story? -Oh
wait, I'm the author. But anyway, Himchan is
quite the prankser, isn't he? huehue. 
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and
upvote!
 
tumblr_myywponZgf1rr5ohuo1_250.giftumblr_myywponZgf1rr5ohuo2_250.gif
tumblr_myywponZgf1rr5ohuo5_250.giftumblr_myywponZgf1rr5ohuo6_250.gif