Mind Reader

Speak to Me

 

     My heavy eyes open and I squint at the bright lights in front of my eyes. The pain in my head is still present slightly, traveling slowly as it circulates around my brain. The annoying beeping from the hospital machines are not helping either. I take a look at my surroundings. I'm alone. Outside the windows are streets filled with cars stuck in traffic, the streetlights, and drunken bastards.

 

     The doors open, and doctors along with Youngjae and Zelo come in.

 

     “We'll feed Miss Kim a couple of painkillers and she may be discharged by tomorrow morning. Her headaches are a common symptom from regaining her memory. -Oh, she's awake. Well good morning, Miss Kim.”

 

     “Saehee, this is Dr. Park. He's a family doctor for our group,” Youngjae introduces. Dr. Park looked young for a doctor, and looked only a couple years older than Himchan and Yongguk.

 

     “My head hurts, so just pretend I gave you a nod. Nice to meet you, Dr. Park.”

 

      He gives me a smile in return as he comes up to me and begins my check-up by placing his stethoscope in his ears. “Nice to meet you too, boss.”

 

     “Please don't call me that.”

 

     “Yes mam'. Well, I have good news for you, no school for the rest of the week for you. Just get a plenty of rest at home.”

 

     Yippee.

 

     “Take another nice, long sleep tonight, go home with a happy mind, and rest more tomorrow, alright?”

 

     “Got it.”

 

     Dr. Park bows before leaving and shutting the doors behind him. Youngjae takes a chair and sits it right next to my bed, Zelo doing the same for the other side.

 

     I sigh, “I think you two have a lot of explaining to do. Wait no you don't, because I ing already know everything.”

 

     They both stay silent.

 

     “Why didn't you guys tell me?”

 

     “I did.” Youngjae brings up. “Just about two years after the accident, your father tried introducing me to you again. But whenever you saw me, your head would start hurting again, and you always ended up fainting.”

 

     Really? I never knew. How come I didn't faint when I met Youngjae this year?

 

     “I was never planning on meeting you ever again. But then your father suddenly became ill, and there was no choice. Somehow, you didn't recognize me. Probably because five years have passed since I tried to confront you again.”

 

     After he was done speaking, it became silent. I turn my head to look at Zelo, eyes glued down at his lap.

 

     “Junhong-ah, what about you? How come you never told me?”

 

     It's weird. This is my first time speaking his real name in a long time, but it feels like I've been always calling him with his real name, like he was never gone.

 

     “After the accident I couldn't take off the burden since I thought you hated me and I thought you would never want to see me again, so I decided to never hang out with you guys ever again. I'm really sorry, noona-- boss.”

 

     “For what? Trying to kill me, or pushing me into the lake?”

 

     “I didn't know you lost your memory, so I thought it was unbelievable on how much you ignored me – I mean, I know I deserved to be hated but to this extent... I hated you back, to the extent where I was going to kill you. Since I thought that you pretended to not know me, I played along and pretended no to know you. Seeing you with Youngjae and other guys, it made me even more mad and --”

 

     “Can you quit your blathering? I asked a simple question, you're making my head hurt like hell.”

 

     He immediately stops talking and looks down at his lap.

 

     I know that he did nothing wrong, it was just some misunderstandings going on between the three of us. Zelo didn't mean to push me into the lake, so I don't want him to think that this is all his fault.

 

     “I would never hate you. I never did and never will.”

 

     Zelo takes his eyes off of his lap and looks into my eyes as I continue talking.

 

     “Although there were many times when you were being such a brat and it made me so ing annoyed, you are a part of us now. I will never hate you, so don't ever try killing me. You can kill other people under my permission, just not me. You got that?”

 

     “Yes mam'.”

 

     It was then when the rest of the guys come in. Daehyun was the first to confront me, and had an extremely unnecessary worried expression plastered onto his face, taking slow and careful steps towards me. I scoff, since when did this ignorant subordinate start to worry about me?

 

     “Saehee, do you remember me? I'm Daehyun, your best friend.” He says, placing his hand on his chest, clutching his shirt by his amazing acting skills acting as if the words he said were actually true.

 

     I roll my eyes, amazing at his stupidity, “I regained my memory. I didn't lose it, you dumb .”

 

     “Oh, good thing you're alright.” He sighs in relief –an exaggerated one at that.

 

     “First of all, we are not best friends. Second of all, I am not okay, especially with you suddenly barging in.”

 

     He scoffs, going back to his normal, unappreciative expression, “Then I guess you won't appreciate this,”

 

     He reveals a box of chicken he was hiding behind his back. I gulp. Thinking about it, I haven't eaten anything since this morning.

 

     “If you say, 'I'm so sorry, Daehyun-oppa. You are my best friend and I will always need you'. Maybe I'll consider giving you just one piece,” he teases.

     By now my nose was filled with the smell of the chicken's seasoning, and kept my lips sealed to hide my watering mouth.... But no way in any form where those disgusting words coming about of my mouth.

 

     -and I didn't have to. Youngjae snatches the box away from Daehyun's hand and neatly wraps a napkin around the leg of the chicken so my fingers won't get dirty. I sit up as he hands me the chicken and I finally take a bite out of it.

 

     “Thanks, Youngjae.” I mumble as I devour my chicken.

 

     Daehyun snitches, “Gross, what kind of girl eats chicken like that?”

 

     I glare at him, “No chicken for you.”

 

     “What? Why?!” He exclaims, as if he's the most innocent person in this room.

 

     “Hm, if you say, “I'm sorry, Saehee-noona. I don't deserve any kind of chicken from a chicken-eating worthy person like you,' maybe I'll still give you none. -oh! Junhong-ah, eat up. Have five pieces.”

 

     “Kim Saehee!” Daehyun hollers.

 

     “Ow, my head hurts even more because of Daehyun's annoying voice. Youngjae, take him away.”

 

     “Will do.”

 

     Youngjae takes a gun out and jokingly loads it –well, at least I think he was joking.

 

     “Yoo Youngjae, you better not do what I think you're going to do.” Daehyun gulps.

 

     “You have five seconds.”

 

     “Dude, it's just chicken,” he pleads.

 

     “Sorry, boss' orders.”

 

     “Kim Saehee! Are you really going let him do this?”

 

     I ignore his words, “Mm, Junhong. Isn't this chicken really something?”

 

     “H-hey, I bought you that--”

 

     “Correction,” Himchan steps in. “I bought the chicken.”

 

     “ … three, two one,” Youngjae whispers as he finishes his countdown.

     A row of knives so quick and sudden pop into Daehyn's hands, and he holds them as if he was playing cards.

 

     Where did those even come from?

 

     “You may have your guns, but I have my babies too.”

 

     Youngjae doesn't hesitate to knock one of Daehyun's knives out of his hand with his bullet.


 

     “Damn it,” Daehyun whispers. He throws two knives at Youngjae as they pass close between his ears, landing straight into the wall. Daehyun and runs out the door and Youngjae swiftly follows behind.

++

 

     After a typical crazy night, I gradually become sleepier and drift off into another memory.

 

 

     A little Youngjae takes out his gun and shoots it right near the target's eye.

 

     “Only 9.5? I hit the bull's eye last time.” He pouts.

 

     “No, you're doing really good!” I encourage. Next it was my little self's turn, and I shoot it right at the bull's eye.

 

     “Yay! I finally hit it!” I squeal as I jump up and down.

 

     “Lucky, I only got a 9.5.” Youngjae mumbles.

 

     “Come on, Youngjae. You're nine years old. You'll probably be a pro once you get old as my dad.”

 

     “But you're nine years old too.”

 

     I think of what to say, until my stomach growls and Youngjae lets out a smile instead of staying sad.

 

     “Should we tell the maids to make some sandwiches?”

 

     “Sandwiches! Just what I want. You always know what I want, it's like you can read minds.”

 

     Youngjae smirks and whispers, “What if I told you, I can read minds?”

 

     My jaw drops. “Don't lie to me.”

 

     “I'm serious.”

 

     “Then what am I thinking about right now?”

 

     “Sandwiches.”

 

     I let out a gasp, I was thinking-

 

     “'I was thinking about sandwiches,' -is what you're saying, right?”

 

     My little self was still not convinced enough.

 

     If you can read my mind, blink once.

 

     Youngjae blinks once.

 

     I gulp. If you can read my mind, blink twice.

 

     He laughs and blinks twice, I little exaggerated this time so I can clearly see his eyelids move up and down.

 

     If you can read my mind, give me a kiss on the cheek.

 

     Youngjae reaches over and pecks it.

 

     “Wow, you can read minds.”

 

     “See, I told you.”

 

     “I love you even more now!”

 

     He laughs and takes my hand. “Come on, let's just go eat our sandwiches now.”

 

 


 

A/N: Ooo~ Saehee finally remembers that she knows
~ ooo~ what's gonna happen next? 
 
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE,
SHARE, AND UPVOTE! .ARIGATOU.
(opps didn't mean to caps haha)