No Regrets

Speak to Me

 

     It was Monday morning and the table felt more full with the addition of Zelo and Jongup. Despite it being twenty four hours since they've moved in, they still wouldn't talk to me, sulking like little babies because of their boss. Well, I shouldn't be saying anything because I'm still not completely over my dad's death, and probably never will.

 

     “Daehyun, make sure to report to me if Jongup and Zelo don't eat together with you guys during lunch. After all, it was part of the contract that they stay with their boss at all times possible.”

 

     “Yes sir,” He childishly salutes to Yongguk.

 

     “And you two, we're letting you guys go this week since we know you guys must be sad from parting from your boss. But you guys are a part of us now, and we expect you guys to toughen up and start doing proper work starting from next week.”

 

     “Yes sir,” they both quietly reply.

 

     As we finish eating our meal, Youngjae and I were the first to come out the door. As we wait for the other guys, Youngjae quickly sneaks a peck on my lips.

 

     I stare off into space for a moment, until Youngjae snaps me out with another one on the tip of my nose. My nose scrunches from natural reflexes. Youngjae chuckles.

 

     “You're so cute.”

 

     “Youngjae, what if they find out?”

 

     He pecks me yet again on my right cheek.

 

     “I know you like it.”

 

     He's right. Even though I am protesting his actions on the outside, I'm smiling like an idiot on the inside. I can't help but let out a shy smile.

 

     “Well. Have a wonderful day at school you guys!” We hear Himchan's voice behind the doors. Soon the three guys walk out and we all go into a limousine, provided by Varia. I mean, we already had a limo, but he even provided a chauffeur for us.

 

++

 

     After three horrible hours of learning, the three of us make our way to the cafeteria, only to be blocked by a huge crowd of people filled with great enthusiasm.

 

     “Ya, give him a punch!”

 

     “Haha, he's so weak, it's unbelievable!”

 

     “Silly first-years, who were they, thinking they could beat the strongest guys in our school, Lay and Kai?”

 

     The crowd contained excited third-years, happily observing second-years and disappointed first-years.

 

     “Man, Jongup and Zelo are such an embarrassment.”

 

     Daehyun, Youngjae and I all exchanged wide-eyed glances after hearing their names. We shoved through the crowd only to find Jongup laid beaten up on the ground, Zelo still standing. The third-years had a few scratches to their faces, meanwhile Jongup and Zelo were covered with bruises and scars. Youngjae and Daehyun immediately rushes up to stop them, until my hand goes in front of them and they stop at my command.

 

     “I want to watch.”

 

     They both look at me like I'm crazy, but I want to observe and witness for myself if Zelo has the strength to beat these two guys.

 

     “Lay, just stand back. If we both fight, it'd be too much for this baby.”

 

     “Don't say anything like that,” Zelo provokes, “Fight me, both of you.”

 

     Dang, this boy is pretty confident.

 

     “Alright kid, you asked for it.”

 

     The two guys stand in front of Zelo, as he keeps his hands remained in his pockets. The two guys mock his arrogant attitude. Kai takes the lead as he lunges towards Zelo's face, but the latter quickly dodged. Zelo smirks only to be struck by Lay's kick as he tumbles to the ground, but quickly rose and spun in the air as he lifted his leg to smack Kai's face with his feet before falling to the ground with a bruised cheek and a bloody lip.

 

     The spectators gasp by the first year's great strength. Zelo punches Lay across the face almost immediately, but missed. Lay takes the chance to deliver a uppercut onto Zelo's stomach making the younger boy curls up in pain. Lay tops it off by shoving Zelo to the ground. He stands on top of Zelo, only to be tripped by Zelo's sliding leg, and he takes his chance to stand back up and stomp on Lay.

 

     As soon as Kai gets up again and strikes Zelo on his back, yet once again on the same spot Lay hit him from earlier. Zelo couldn't take the pain, causing him to fall. Lay and Kai take this chance to continue to stomp on his shoulders, stomach, legs, ankles, and everywhere possible.

 

     Zelo laid on the ground defeated. However Kai still feeling frustrated, proceeded to put both feet on either side of the younger boy's sides to lift up his collar, causing his body to go up together as he looks Zelo in the eye.

 

     “Now you know, kid. Never, ever try to ever with us again.” Kai threatens. He lifts his arm for one last blow, until I finally step up and shove Kai's hand away from Zelo's bloody collar.

 

     “Leave the kid alone. His uniform is all ruined, and the one paying for a new one would be me!”

 

     Kai ignores and shoves me aside, lifting Zelo's collar once again.

 

     Oh, he did not just do what I think he just did.

 

     I give a little shove to Kai's back with my foot. He throws Zelo to the ground and looks back in anger.

 

     “What do you want, you ing prick?!”

 

     My eyes twitch from fear. Stay strong, Saehee. Don't let him scare you.

 

     “What do I want? I want you to take your stupid along with your ing friend, and leave these two kids alone! What kind of losers are you to fight with some first-years? How low do you have to stoop to as people, having scars on your face made by people younger than you? Leave them alone and go enjoy your ing lunch, Jesus Christ!”

 

     Kai huffs, moving his bangs out of the way.

 

     He smirks, “Hey little miss. I don't think you know who I exactly am. You are a second year, I am a third year. That is no way to speak to your sunbae, is it?”

 

     I roll my eyes, “Okay, so you beat two first years. Wow, I am so impressed. You deserve an award. Here, accept this amazing, invisible award for the 'Most Coolest Third Year'.”

 

     “Are you mocking me right now?”

 

     I shurg, “Who knows? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.”

 

     He violently ruffles his hair and lets out a scoff in frustration, “You got on my nerves. I won't back down just because you're a girl.”

 

     I nod, “Fine. If you're really going to lower yourself down into fighting with a girl, go ahead -just, let me stretch first.”

 

     He rolls his eyes and chuckles. I do some arm stretches as I quickly take this chance to look back and desperately eye Youngjae and Daehyun.

 

     Time to help me please. I don't want to die.

 

      I pray that they got my message before standing in front of Kai.

 

     “Bring it on.”

 

     He glares into my soul, and lunges towards me. Damn it, Youngjae and Daehyun. They should know I can't fight. I close my eyes in shock, waiting for the pain about to come.

 

     But it didn't.

 

     Instead I felt a figure in front of me. I open my eyes and see Youngjae's back, holding Kai's fists.

 

     “Are you really going to hit a girl?” He asks.

 

     I step back to see Youngjae with his strong glare; b with fury and anger, tightening his grip on Kai's fists.

 

     “Why are there so many hoobaes who want to fight me today?”

 

     Youngjae starts by throwing his fists at Kai. While Kai and Youngjae were focused on each other, Lay pops in and attacks Youngjae by punching his face –only to be stopped by Youngjae, only to be returned a harder punch back.

 

     “Oh, oh, I want to join!” Daehyun gallops in. “You take Lay, I'lll take Kai.”

 

     “Quit bullting, Daehyun.” Youngjae shoves him aside. “I take both of them, you just stand back.”

 

     “Are you looking down on me, Yoo Youngjae?! Let me fight!”

 

     “Hey kids,” Kai smirks. “Am I going to fight you guys, or am I just going to watch you guys fight?”

 

     “We're both going to fight you two,” Daehyun says as he takes a chance to punch Kai.

 

     Frustrated, Kai quickly kicks Daehyun, causing him to fall back on his bottom. Youngjae steps in and strikes Kai's stomach with his foot.

 

     “Jung Daehyun. Listen to me,” Youngjae sternly orders.

 

     “Fine, fine. I'll just take on Lay.”

 

     As Kai and Lay continue to attack, Youngjae had no choice but to let Daehyun on the fight. As the spectators kept watching and gossiping in awe, I took this chance to chase after Jongup and Zelo, leaving behind the scene of chaos- but they were already gone.

 

     I look back at Youngjae and he looks back at me while holding Kai from head butting him.

 

     I'm going to go look for Jongup and Zelo.

 

     He nods, telling me to go as he goes back to fighting the third years. I make my way from the crowd, until the realization hits and I halt.

 

     Did he just reply to what I said in my head?

 

     I shake it off, there are greater things to be worried about right now.

 

     After running around the whole school, I was unable to find them. Exhausted, I sit down on a bench in the school garden for a while, until I realized I haven't checked one place.

 

     The rooftop.

 

     Despite being sore to the bones, I lift my feet up and start heading up the stairs. Please be at the rooftop.

 

     When I opened the door, there they were, fixing each other's bruises. They had a first-aid kit in between them. Jongup is applying medicine on Zelo's face as Zelo applies a band-aid on Jongup's forehead.

 

     “Hey. You were a little stiff today,” Zelo says.

 

     “I know, I haven't been working out these days,” Jongup responds.

 

     “Same. We both haven't gone on many missions lately.”

 

     “Darn it. We could have beaten those third years, don't you think?”

 

     “Next time, we'll beat the crap until they knock out.”

 

     “Of course, we'll teach them.”

 

     “You boys, will not be teaching anyone anything for a while.” I pop in.

 

     They both look at me with shocked faces as I stood five feet away from them. Jongup stands up and bows at a ninety-degree angle, meanwhile Zelo crosses his legs and arms.

 

     Usually I'm not this mean, I promise. But because this kid is so snotty,

 

     “Are you going to bow, Zelo?”

 

     He rolls his eyes, “Why should I bow to a petty person like you?”

 

     “Ya, Choi Junhong!” I hear Jongup whisper.

 

      Junhong? Why does that name sound so familiar?

 

     “Junhong, eh? Is that your real name?”

 

     “Why would you give a damn?”

 

     Okay, I already tried enough to stay calm.

 

     “Because. I am your boss, you are my subordinate. You live under my roof, and you will do as I say. I've had enough with your attitude. Now either get on your ing knees right now and apologize, or get out of my ing life.”

 

     I am really starting to sound like my dad.

 

     “Fine. I'm done with you and your bull. Thanks for releasing me, .” as he stands up.

 

     However instead of walking past by me, he jumps off the rooftop.

 

     Jongup and I panic, our jaw drops as we both look over the edge, only to see Zelo completely fine, walking and climbing out of the school gates.

 

     “Zelo …. is he, human?”

 

     “He has strong bones...”

 

     “But still...but -wait, Moon Jongup.”

 

     Jongup looks into my eyes, only to look back down in shame.

 

     “Are you going to leave me too? You could if you want.”

 

     I see him gulp and he shakes his head, “No, mam'.”

 

     I sigh as I sit back down on the edge. “Why do you think Zelo left? Were my words too …. bossy?”

 

     “No, no... not at all. He's still learning.”

 

     My hand pats on the pavement, telling Jongup to come sit next to me. “and you're done 'learning?'”

 

     He makes his way next to me. “I guess so,” he chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck. He ducks his head as I try to push his forehead with a finger, “Wrong, you still have a lot to learn as well.”

 

     “Yes mam'.” he mumbles.

 

     “But I still have a lot to learn to,” I confess. “So tell me, what was the real reason you were about to jump that day? I'm pretty sure it's not from being too stressed about school as you told me.”

 

     He purses his lips. “I-I... I just hated everything about my life.”

 

     My head tilts in confusion, “Tell me more.”

 

     Jongup takes a deep breathe before going on, “Ever since I was little, I was abused by my own parents. After they died, I found out that it was the mafia's doing. However, the same people that killed my parents took me in. I should have been grateful, but I was terrified of them. You see, I was still only a seven year old when that happened.”

 

     My eyes open a little, surprised by his story. He chuckles a little as he continues,

 

     “My boss encouraged me to become stronger, but many other subordinates discouraged me. They'd make me do every chore for them, they would call me 'puny, weak, useless,' and I had to live with those words. I think that was our problem with our group, no one liked each other. Our boss had his own way in treating us well, and I only got along with Zelo since we were the only young ones.

 

     Long story short, I did get stronger. I trained myself, and I actually felt a little better, being a bit of help. But then... I lost it and accidentally killed my own people. I've never seen boss so discouraged, and going back to school didn't really help, so I decided to kill myself. I mean, what was the use of living if all of life was just full of disappointments and pain?”

 

     In my right conscious mind, it told me to give Jongup a word of encouragement of some sort. But I, myself know that I am Kim Saehee, and saying those words are not very so much like my character. I would just end up feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

 

     “A-Aish. How am I going to ever find Zelo?”

 

     Are you serious, Kim Saehee? He told you a freaking sober story, and this is what you say?

 

     I look back into Jongup's eyes. He smiles, “Don't worry, sunbae. If he doesn't come back home, I know where to find him.”

 

     “A-alright. Hey, feel free to call me noona, or even Saehee is just fine.”

 

     His eyes changed into small crescents as his smile goes up, “Thanks, Saehee noona.”

 


 

A/N: Wow wow the noona-dongsaeng feels. Do I sense a
#TeamJongup kicking in? Just kidding. l.o.l. But how'd you
guys enjoy my battle between the greatest dancers?huehueh.
As Exo made a cameo, there will be many other cameos so be
on the look out ;)
 
Anyway, I have an announcement to make. My finals are less
than 2 weeks away, and since I have fully devoted myself to do
better in school, I'm going to have to say that I will not be able to
update that often anymore. Sorry guys :( But I'll make sure to
update every other day. I have like a billion errors in this story,
so I'll probably go back and check up on those as well. 
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou .