Meeting Again

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next couple of days, I’ve come to conclusion of how I should finally find a way to end everything I have started. My eyes scanned around the grand office of the chairman as my heart bounced rapidly. I finally made the decision to make my leave quick. My eyes blinked in anxiety waiting what his response to my letter would be.

He looked shocked and disappointment from the words giving me a questionable look when he finished, “What’s this!?”

“I’m… leaving.” I stated nervously.

“What do you mean?” He asked, “Is this about Woohyun?”

“No, no.” I spoke, “It’s me… I’m going back to my homeland.”

“Going back to Japan?” He questioned, “What for? What about your studies?”

“I’m not sure if I’m going to come back,” I said biting my lip, “I might just transfer.”

“Are you really sure this is what you want?” He asked making me question myself as well.

No. I wanted to say no and shake my head but I only paused as he asked me again.

“Yeah…” I said hesitantly.

“Why so suddenly?” He asked as though he could see right through me, “Are you sure nothing is wrong?”

I nodded even though I knew everything is wrong, “Yes, sir. I just miss my mother and my home…”

He gave that glum awkward smile as though he knew something was up yet was unsure about it, “I’ll let you go but I surely hope you’ll make the right decision.”

I nodded as I felt satisfied that he gave up with the interrogation. I turned around as the door swung open and my hopes suddenly faded.

“One more question,” The Chairman spoke as Myungsoo walked in looking me in the eye and quickly avoiding my gaze, “How did you and my son end up together?”

I swallowed my throat as everything became harder for me. I turned to face both him and Myungsoo as they were signing off something. It was just two days ago that all this horrible nonsense is occurring and I’m already so torn apart with the way Myungsoo was reacting. I’m sure this was to be expected… him ignoring me, I mean how else is he supposed to react?

“Yeah,” Myungsoo spoke as he looked at me dead in the eye, “How did you end up with Woohyun?”

I swallowed my throat as I stuttered to find an answer, “I…”

Suddenly, their assistant gladly came in time to distract the two attention away from me, “Chairman, the meeting is going to begin soon.”

“Alright,” The chairman said as he got up, “I’ll get going and I hope to see you soon, Haruhi. I hope you’re making the right decisions.”

Myungsoo trailed off behind him without acknowledging me, “Yeah, I really hope you’re making wise choices…”

I know Myungsoo’s in pain and he has every right to hate me after that night… I just tried to smile it out. No more crying, ok Haruhi? You’ve cried enough, you’ll be fine… I looked at the resignation letter and headed back out of the office to catch myself a cab.

Instead of a cab, Hoya drove in front and unlocked the door. I was hesitant since I’m sure somewhere that he’s disappointed in my decisions as well.

“Go on.” He said as I flinched.

I sat down on the passenger’s seat as I was about to speak where I was headed, but he drove off knowing, “Danbi’s, right?”

I nodded pathetically, “Mhm…”

“Haruhi…” He sighed, “What happened? Why did you give up so suddenly?”

“I don’t know…” I spoke looking lifelessly out the window, “I got tired and it just pained me more… Myungsoo is getting married and I’m not in the picture. The end.”

“But the person Myungsoo wants to be with is you…” He spoke, “Now why is Woohyun in this as well? That’s what I’d like to know…”

“It’s my fault.” I replied, “Please, I hope no one is mad at him. I dragged him into this, I just didn’t think this is what he would have done…”

“I don’t hate him,” Hoya chuckled lightly, “I just… I don’t know what’s going on in his mind. I’m sure he had good intentions but that’s not what Myungsoo perceives it to be, of course. I just want you to know, no matter what, you’re not alone in this. You have Danbi, me, and the rest of the family. Before you make another reckless decision again, please let us know.”

“Sorry…” I bit my lip guiltily, “I guess I should let you know then…”

Hoya started pulling over since we were close to Danbi’s place and looked at me, “What is it now?”

“I’m leaving…” I gave a fake smile.

“You’re going to Japan right?” Hoya asked as I nodded, “Yeah, I’ll see you when you get back.”

I remained silent for a moment trying to find a proper response, “The thing is… I might not come back.”

Hoya nodded as he was expecting something like this. The two of us just remained silent in the car. It was that moment where I feel like I would cry but there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter