A New Decision

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haruhi’s POV

Sometimes, when life is rough, you just have to give up, maybe then that’ll be the only way…

Woohyun continued driving to who knows where, but it’s not like that even matters to me anymore. I’m quite tired of this setting, actually. There’s not much for me anyway, I might as well just give up. I looked out the road feeling empty. If only I could choose who my heart yearned for, I should have picked Woohyun.

He’s always the one there for me and it feels like life would be much easier if he was the one I loved but I really don’t control who owns my heart or not.

We took a stop at a nearby area, the Han River… I remember when we first went here when he took me out on a date. How simple and easy things were at that moment…

Since it was another late night, there weren’t much people and the lights were beautiful as always. He sat down by the river as I sat beside him.

“Scream it, yell it out.” He stated, “That’s the only way you can really let everything out.”

“I can’t.” I simply said, “I feel like I’ve ran out of tears to cry…”

“Haruhi…” Woohyun gave me that sad expression as I tried to hide everything with a fake smile.

“I’m sorry…” I said as my tears were starting to trickle down my face, “I was hiding it so well earlier, but why is it that I can’t hold it in now? I’m so tired, Woohyun, so damn tired. I want to give up, it just hurts too much.”

He sighed as he pulled me deeply into his arms, “Haruhi, you know when times are tough, you’re going to fight more. Don’t give up.”

“I can’t…” I confessed, “It’s not that easy when your competition is your best friend…”

“Your best friend?” He questioned.

“Naeun…” I felt my heart breaking just by explaining the whole complicated process, “—is Nagi.”

Woohyun’s jaw dropped as he didn’t expect this reality to be so tragic, oh, but it was.

“I was always jealous of Nagi. She’s beautiful and she has everything. Remember in my story how my ex even went to her before me? It’s just like it now, Myungsoo was hers before, and I’m sure he’ll end up with her now.” I said, “she has everyone…”

“No she doesn’t.” Woohyun stated, “You have me, Haruhi…”

I looked at his eyes which captivated me but I shook my head, “Thank you for always being there for me, Woohyun…”

He frowned as I did while we just hugged each other comforting the silence. He’s one of the only people who decided to enter my life without hurting me but all I ever did was hurt him. I don’t deserve him. There was nothing either one of us could say but it was peaceful out here.

 

After I calmed down, I stared at the river lights in despair and emotion. Woohyun decided to get something leaving alone with my thoughts. I hope that when I come back, everything will be better… but I don’t th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter