Better or Worse?

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each one of the brothers looked confused at the sudden turn of events, even I was shocked but I was ready. I know I asked for your permission to help me and if this is the only thing that will give me time to think then I’ll have to put up with it.

“What is going on here!?” The Chairman gave a lost expression, “Myungsoo, you want to back out of the wedding because your brother is in a relationship?”

“Father, it’s not like that!” Myungsoo argued as I could feel him staring at both of us in betrayal.

“Chairman…” I felt my heart heaving, “I’d like to ask for your forgiveness for betraying you and falling in love with your son.”

“Haruhi, it’s alright…” he said unexpectedly.

Why is it that if I’m referring to Woohyun it’ll be alright? But I know if I referred to Myungsoo, it wouldn’t? Why is it so unfair?

“Can we just all go back to our rooms now? There’s surely nothing to discuss here.” He shook his head while everyone walked off leaving us four, “You’re really doing everything you can to stop the wedding huh? Son, I thought you loved Naeun…”

“I did…” Myungsoo muttered and looked into my eyes, “But that was the past, I’m in love with someone else now.”

I quickly avoided his contact, “Excuse me, Chairman, I’ll get going…”

Before I made my way out, the chairman stopped me, “Wait, I’m sorry for my impatience but I’m happy for you two...”

That’s all I last heard before I disappeared into my room. I just didn’t want to hear anything anymore…

 

When I got in, I started packing my clothes as tears flowed down my eyes. I don’t know what just happened but I know Myungsoo’s hurt and disappointed. Why am I doing this? Because I love him… he doesn’t deserve this but I don’t deserve him.

I mean, I just walked off into a party thinking I’m of some importance but I’m not. I just need to stop thinking I’m more than what I am and go back… that’s right, I’m going back to where I belong…

“Haruhi…” I heard a knock on the door belonging to Sunggyu.

“Come in.” I spoke as I quickly wiped off my tears.

“Hey…” He walked in and looked around at all the clothes scattered on the bed, “Whoa… what’s going on here?”

“I’m leaving.” I mumbled.

“Where?” He asked.

“I’m going back home.” I said as my voice was shaking.

“What are you talking about? This is your home.” He said making it hard for me not to cry my eyes out, “Does the Chairman know this? Does Myungsoo know this?”

Stop it Haruhi, don’t cry now… you have to maintain being strong…

I shook my head, “He doesn’t have to.”

“Haruhi…” Sunggyu turned to face me while his tone started changing, “What are you doing? Why are you doing this? And why is Woohyun in this as well? Don’t you think it’s a little selfish?”

“I know…” I muttered unable to look into his eyes, “That’s why I’m leaving, so he doesn’t have to be hurt anymore.”

“No it’s not that easy.” He took a deep breath, “You can’t just run away from your problems!”

He’s right, it’s foolish to run away, but what can I do? I don’t want to complicate things even more. It’s best if I just disappear. I’m in love with Myungsoo whom a dear friend of mine is in love with as well, how am I supposed to fight this battle now? I never thought of it but… I give up.

“I’m not letting you two give up on what you two have…” Sunggyu muttered, “It’s love, and love itself is rare so I won’t let you two let it go to waste. Myungsoo’s inflicted with so much pain right now and I know he’s too disappointed to talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter