Wait For Me

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s POV

*Flashback*

“Yeah,” I looked at Haruhi dead in the eye, “How did you end up with Woohyun?”

She started stuttering to find an answer, “I…”

Suddenly, father’s assistant came in to distract father’s attention away from Haruhi, “Chairman, the meeting is going to begin soon.”

“Alright,” Father said as he got up, “I’ll get going and I hope to see you soon, Haruhi. I hope you’re making the right decisions.”

Myungsoo trailed off behind him without acknowledging me, “Yeah, I really hope you’re making wise choices…”

 

Aish, thinking about it now, I don’t know what I’m saying. Yeah, of course I’m angered by everything and I know Haruhi is hurting as well. I feel like saying that hurts more than I thought it would but I’m making a point… she should make wise choices. I know I’m too stubborn enough to even speak to her right now but I know I can’t just let her go…

“I’m so happy that everything is going back into place!” Naeun chirped happily distracting my thoughts as I was trying my best to pay attention when I know I couldn’t…

“Are you even listening Oppa?” She pouted as I gave a fake smile and nodded, “Then what did I say?”

“Hmm…” I was thinking of a response when she shook her head.

“Of course you weren’t listening!” She muttered.

“Sorry…” I halfheartedly apologized, “I’m still overwhelmed by everything.”

“I was as surprised as you were when I first found out!” Naeun responded bringing back her happy side, “At first I was nervous what if you already had someone, it would be awkward… but then your father said it was alright. I didn’t know how you’d feel about this but honestly, I’m a bit happy. It feels like nothing’s changed!”

You’re kidding me… everything’s changed. And yes, I have fallen in love with someone else already…

As expected, Naeun continued her stories not realizing I wasn’t interested, “Yeah, so I saw my best friend a couple days ago and I really want her to be the maid of honor!”

I honestly don’t know why I’m here or why I’m listening to this because this wedding is not going to happen… I’m sorry. Aish, it annoys me that I have to keep this all to myself.

“Myungsoo, are you alright?” She spoke as I nodded again giving a false alarm, “I’m sorry…”

“For what?” I asked.

I mean, do you really know what you did wrong? I bet you don’t…

“Because I feel like I’m talking to myself here and you really don’t seem to care. I know everything was unexpected and I know we aren’t what we were before but…” I saw a frown form on her face as her eyes started tearing up, “I’m really willing to try again.”

I just smiled not knowing what to reply or even caring about a response, “Its ok…”

 

After we ate at the restaurant, Naeun clung onto my arms, “Is it ok if I do that?”

“Uhh, I guess…” I responded.

“Oppa…” She murmured, “Can we go somewhere? I feel like lunch is too cliché, I still want to spend time with you…”

I nodded since I also wanted to get my mind off of these matters. I guess I’m rebounding Naeun right now so I wouldn’t do anything reckless. I still need time to think…

Naeun’s driver took us the closest attraction which was the Seoul Art Gallery which I thought was cheesy and cliché. She took my hand carelessly as we walked around the museum. She talked about her endless stories as I tried to put in at least a little more effort to listen.

“We went this museum before, remember?” Naeun spoke as I nodded, “We were on a double date with Hoya and Danbi because her artwork was displayed here! I miss those days! By the way, how is Hoya and Danbi? Did they really separate?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “But they ended up together again.”

“I guess true love really does give second chances…” She muttered as it suddenly got quiet.

I looked at all the paintings and remembered our past when we went here making me chuckle on the inside because we were such kids and it was just a year ago.

“Are you laughing?” She gave a smile, “Oh my gosh, you are! I finally made you laugh this whole time you were quiet!”

I shook my head, “I just remembered that painting from before.”

“What?” She looked up at the painting of the puppy that I remembered she was confident it was a pig.

“Oh my gosh, that!” She giggled as I laughed lightly along with her.

She suddenly stopped in the midst of laughter and called out to two seemingly familiar girls, “I think I know them!”

I looked over to where Naeun’s attention directed to. I felt like I’ve know them as well.

“Haruhi!” Nagi called over as my heart rate paced when we got closer.

Haruhi? My Haruhi? That’s impossible, how could Naeun possibly know her?

“See, I was right!” Naeun spoke as I saw it was the only one… “I could notice you anywhere! I mean, what are best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter