His Pain

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s POV

“You look like you’re clearly not enjoying the mood, hmm? Be happy, I’m back!” Father boasted in the limousine while we were on the way to the party. I wasn’t very comfortable here knowing it’s just me and Sunggyu inside. I’d rather be with the others…

This was definitely not the most joyful mood right now especially since I know that in a few moments, I’ll be engaged to who knows? I wasn’t ready for that. I hated the thought of arranged marriages but I knew that Sunggyu hyung or I were bound to end up in one. I just never would have expected it to be me.

Sad as it may sound, but Sunggyu was prepared for this moment. He never fell in love for he knew that he’d grow up and marry someone he would be introduced to. He gets along with people easily and he has a personality so golden that I do envy.

Yet I question why it’s me? All our father responded was “You’ll like her. A lot.” I didn’t believe it. If it wasn’t Haruhi, then I wouldn’t. I know I should speak up soon before this gets too much out of hand…

I took a deep breath while I somewhat felt nervous, “Father. I really need to tell you something.”

“If it’s about the marriage, save it.” He responded as he gave me a look, “If you’re really unhappy about this situation, I’ll do what I can and alter everything. But all I want from you is cooperation, I just want you to see who this girl is and if you really despise the idea, I’ll pull out.”

I couldn’t take this pressure anymore. Who cares if I was going to marry even the Princess of England? The only person that has a spot in my heart is Haruhi…

“Father, I have—“ Before I could even tell him that someone more important occupied my heart, we arrived. This all just seemed so unrealistic and very unfair.

Sunggyu hyung, who remained silent in the ride, understood how I was feeling very well. If he could, he would rather marry in my spot because that’s the type of person he was. Yet, as much as I would rather have that, I couldn’t. Like Sungyeol told me, I’ll just stay calm during this whole event and speak my mind when necessary. I guess I just have to hold it in a little longer…

As I tried controlling my feelings, I looked around and one person captivated my eyes. I remained with my cold, expressionless face because who knows what I’ll do if I smiled back at her… I stared at her beautiful gaze for a while until I saw someone ready to approach her… Woohyun.

I quickly looked away as I pretended not to care but I do and it hurts. It’s killing the both of us not being able to be like this and I know I’d rather have Woohyun’s spot right now because he’s able to be there for her…

Just when I was about to enter, I heard a familiar insistent voice rolling up a crowd belonging to Jiyeon. Who knows what kind of nonsense that girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter