Friends~

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The encounter at the café was still confusing. I’m Hoya’s girlfriend, what?! I mentally slapped myself from these thoughts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Flashback

I stared at Dongwoo and Jaeyeon with a lost expression. What is Hoya talking about right now?

“Nice to meet you, Hoya’s girlfriend.” She said as she was also taken aback.

"Yeah, Haruhi, meet my ex girlfriend, Jung Danbi." Hoya introduced me to her.

His ex girlfriend? Wait, I’m kind of confused. What is going on! She held her hand out for me to shake but I just stared at it confused.

“Umm, I’m Haruhi.” I introduced myself nervously. I sure hope she doesn’t kill me!

She gave a seemingly fake smile as she shook my hands.

She looked over at Jaeyeon, “You must be Dongwoo’s girl then? Well, you shouldn’t get used to it, he’s a player. You’ll just be another one of his playees.”

Wow, how rude! I saw Jaeyeon’s face fall. “I think you should go…” Hoya told her.

“Yeah, I wasn’t planning to stay long and be a fifth wheel.” She sighed, “I’ll see you around…”

She strutted her way out of the café once she received her order. She was really pretty, but that was just rude of her.

“I’m sorry.” Hoya apologized to me and Jaeyeon, “I’ll explain things to you later.”

We both looked at him and smiled. We didn’t want to make the situation any bigger than it already was.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sighed as I remembered earlier. At least I have a class with Jaeyeon but for some reason, I’m intimidated by Danbi. She’s really beautiful too, I wonder what happened to her and Hoya… Ugh, shut up Haruhi this isn’t any of your business.

“Unnie, do you think Danbi is a ?” I asked out of the blue.

She chuckled, “Aniya. She’s actually really nice if you’re on her good side.”

“You know her?” I asked.

Jaeyeon nodded, “Danbi is the world’s inspiration! She’s the daughter of Chairman Im Bum and she’s the dream girl every guy would want! She also has the personality to go with it too.”

“Who’s Chairman Im Bum?” I asked as I felt like it was a familiar name, “And how do you know her?”

“Chairman Im Bum is the owner of the famous restaurant, The Rainforest.” She replied, “And she went to the same high school as me.”

Chairman Im Bum must be the person we met when we were eating there... Hmm and she went to the same school as Danbi so that must mean…

“Did Hoya and his brothers all go there?” I felt like I was interrogating her.

She nodded, “Yeah, they all did. But they would never notice someone like me, but I wouldn’t blame them…”

“What do you mean?”

 “I was pretty chubby in high school and I had no friends…” She sighed, “Even Danbi probably doesn’t remember me, although she did help me from one of my bullies.”

I felt bad digging into her past. Who would have known someone as innocent as Jaeyeon would be bullied in high school just for being chubby? It’s stupid, but you would never know how and why people are the way they are.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” I bit my lip shyly, “Why did you want to change? You seem pretty either way!”

She smiled at me, “There’s this boy…”

Ahh, there it was! A boy! Awwh! I giggled as I continued to listen to her story.

“I had a crush on him since the first day of freshman year high school, but he never noticed me. He used to copy homework from me, but that was it… Then I came to conclusion that I would never have a chance unless I was skinny and pretty like Danbi… I did always look up to Danbi since that was his brother’s girlfriend at the time…”

“Wait a minute… brother’s girlfriend?” My jaw dropped only to conclude the one and only person I’ve been thinking of.

“Yes, I do like Dongwoo…” She confessed as she looked away to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter