Can't It Be Me?

Man in Love... With a Maid!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can't It Be Me - 49 Days OST

I continued to walk until I ended up running. Tears, tears were everywhere. I had the feeling of regret stuck inside my heart because I knew for a fact that Woohyun is the perfect one. I couldn’t do it anymore, I couldn’t hurt him anymore. None of them, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and everyone else I just can’t. And as much as I hate myself right now, I have to do what I must.

 “You’re crying, don’t cry.” I heard a voice behind me belonging to Myungsoo’s.

The voice I wanted to hear, the only voice I needed to heal my broken heart.

I turned over and hugged him while I kept crying, “I didn’t want to hurt him, but I had to…”

“Haruhi…” Myungsoo cupped my face as I continued to stare down unable to look up, “Look at me, please.”

“I can’t… I’m ashamed of myself.” I muttered.

“Don’t be.” He pulled me into the deepest hug that I really needed right now.

“Myungsoo, why me?” I sobbed onto his shoulder.

“What do you mean?” He sighed.

“Out of all the people, why is it that you happened to like me?” I replied weakly.

“Because you’re beautiful and you’re unlike others…” Myungsoo answered, “You’re a lovable person and whoever you choose then I’m sure we’ll all respect that because we all just want you to be happy…”

Myungsoo pulled from the hug and wiped my tears, “Don’t cry, ok? I don’t want you stop smiling or I’ll get sad too…”

I nodded obediently as he flashed a smile making me also smile, “There! You look beautiful again!”

“Thank you…” I sniffed.

“Of course, I told you I’d be your night-and-shining armor right? And I wouldn’t want you to get hurt.” He ruffled my hair.

~ ~ ~

Myungsoo’s POV

I couldn’t stand to see her cry and act so weak like that. Now I know what she must have felt when I ignored her and all those horrible things I did without knowing. But now that things changed, I’m going to protect her. I’ll do what Woohyun said he’d do but couldn’t. May I be the winner or not, I’ll continue to be happy for her even if it hurts because that’s what true love is.

I walked Haruhi to her room and gave her a hug before she entered, “Goodnight, I hope you feel better. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She nodded as she forced a smile, “Neh, goodnight.”

I sighed while she closed the door. Now I know what Hyung meant when he said she kept forcing a fake smile on her face. Haruhi, please don’t hurt yourself like this. I don’t want you to be sad since you’re finally happy. Not for me, not for anyone. I can’t bear to see you like this…

 

I headed over to look for Woohyun since I’m sure he was the only the one who could have made her like this. I checked his room, nowhere. I asked around but they didn’t know.

“Woohyun should be with Hoya and Dongwoo. I heard they were all together?” Sunggyu looked at me.

I sighed, “No Hoya and no Dongwoo…”

“Don’t worry Hyung, maybe he’s just out.” Sungjong said.

Sungyeol was the only I told what happened earlier. He came running back from checking if his car was there or not, “No, he left.”

“Wait, what exactly is going on?” Sunggyu questioned.

I just ignored his question as I tried thinking of the possibilities of where his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter