Chapter sixty-one

EXO's Dream Girl

"I like you." 

Seol's eyes immediately widened at Chanyeol's sudden confession. "Oppa..." 

Before she could even speak, Chanyeol cut her off and began to talk once more.

"I'm not expecting an answer from you Seol-ah, I just wanted you to know. I already know you have Tao and I am truthfully speaking when I say that I'm happy for the both of you... But just know that my feelings are still there and I will be right by your side." 

As they continued on with the dance, the two were silent as Seol finally mustered up the courage to break the awkward silence. "Oppa. You can't expect me to take this all in right now, and right now, I can't accept your feeling towards me, for I only see you as a friend. But seeing you like this hurts my heart and I just want you to know that there are better girls out there for you..." She sighed. 

"I'm regret saying this to you, I really regret it." 

"Oppa, it's okay. Things like this are bound to happen when a girl like me are surrounded by 12 amazing guys." She joked. Seol was finally able to breathe once she saw Chanyeol grin. 

"Oppa."

"I don't want our friendship to change. I like the way things are now. I can't really say to wait for me either," She drifted before speaking once more, "but I will be right by your side as well." The two looked at each other as they were finally able to break into bright smiles. As the song ended, Seol and Chanyeol hugged. Nothing would ever change their friendship.

Nothing.



"Omo, I'm exhausted." After partying for most of the night, Seol and Ji Son reached their home as Seol immediately plopped herself on the couch as Ji Son followed. 

"Nice surprise tonight, don't you think?" Ji Son nudged her sister as Seol tiredly nodded her head. "Yeah, it was, but it was so worth it unnie." Ji Son chuckled before seeing that Ms. Kim had entered the living room with the rest of the Hwang staff. 

"Seol ajasshi, we would like to give you our birthday present. It's not much, but we all worked really hard on it." Seol smiled as one of the maids gave her a small rectangle box. Slowly, she unwrapped it as she eyes turned into crescent moons. "Omo, it's so cute!" 

Out from the box, Seol pulled out a white ukulele covered in elegant gold accents on its neck. "Thank you, all of you. I love it so much, it's so cute and..." she tried out the sound, "and it's perfectly in tune as well. Thank you so much." Seol stood up as she bowed to them, as they did the same, eventually returning to their household duties.

"Okay, my turn!" Ji Son happily jumped over to the fireplace as she pulled something out of the stacks of wood. "Here~" Seol eyed her sister happily as she carefully took the small box in hand. She opened it, revealing a bracelet. It was silver as Seol had also noticed an engraving.

"SISTERS FOREVER AND ALWAYS - SEOL & JI SON HWANG"

Seol read as the words were in English. "Unnie..." Ji Son smiled as she quickly put the bracelet on Seol's left arm. "See? Now    you can match with me~" Ji Son showed her her right arm with the exact same bracelet. "Unnie, they're amazing. I will love it forever and always~" Seol joked as Ji Son happily nodded. "Happy birthday Seol-ah." "Thank you unnie." 

 


 

"See? Look at this. At this point she'll be covered in jewelry!" Kai exclaimed as she looked at Seol's bracelet once more. "First appa gave her a necklace, then Tao gave her a ring and then I gave her a bracelet that matches mine~" Ji Son joined in. Seol laughed as she watched Ji Son and Kai playfully bicker as EXO was rehearsing their their performance for the Idol Competition a few more weeks from now.... it seemed only less than two months since the announcement and Seol's birthday.... only because it was~

"Seol-ah, are you going to be there in the audience to watch us, Hoseok, and Taehyung?" Seol looked over to Suho as he smiled. "Hopefully oppa. I'll be the loudest one there! I'll be the fangirl who's waving 10 posters and screaming each and every one of your names!" Seol yelled as she was finally put down by Kai. "Yah, you're so loud." Seol glared at him as she threw an empty water bottle at him. "And you're so you." Ji Son laughed as she let Seol lay her head on her lap as the two were still giving each other "glares of death." 

"Okay, okay, back to rehearsal. Get up, get up, get up!" Slowly Suho began to pull s one by one as they prepared to practice one more time. Seol grinned as she helped Suho pull Kai up as well as Ji Son could only watch the two. "Yah, you know you two totally suit each other." Both Seol and Kai stopped in their tracks to stare at Ji Son. 

"YAH!" They both said in unison as they stood. 

"Like I would chose her, tch." Seol rolled her eyes at Kai's statement as continued to add on.

"Yeah. Unnie. I love you with all my heart, but never. I SO out of his league." Kai's eyes widened as he turned to Seol. "Oh, am I? I'm in shock. And what? You would pick Mr. Wushu over there?" Seol smiled as Kai pointed to Tao and immediately nodded. "Duh." 

Ji Son chuckled, as did Suho as they two continued to bicker. Soon enough, all eyes were on them. 

"Yah, Kim Jongin. Take that back!" Seol threw him a water bottle as he dodged it. "Not before you take back what you said about Ji Son-ah doing better than me. Like who, huh? Ji Min?!" Seol froze. Ji Son's eyes widened at Kai's reckless use of words as it took him a couple of moments to realize what he had just done.

"Oh my god..."

Slowly, Seol slipped on her shoes, closing the practice room door as she left. All eyes were on Kai alone. "Nice, dude."

 

Seol jogged down the hallway and down a flight of stairs before reaching the bathrooms. Running into one of the stalls, her tears rushed past her eyes as she couldn't hold them in any longer. "Pabo-yah..." she sobbed, "you shouldn't let this get to you..."

FLASHBACK FROM 2 WEEKS AGO

"Seol-ah, can you come downstairs for a minute?" Seol looked up to find her mother at her bedroom door as she had quite an expression Seol honestly didn't like. "Is there something wrong umma?" From her the frown on her face, something must've been up. Seol quickly sat up as she followed her mother out to the living room, finding both Ji Son and her father already there, along with several other people she new nothing of. 

"Unnie." Seol quietly mumbled as she sat down next to her sister on the couch as she observed the three unknown men right in front of her. "Ah, Baek Seol-sshi?" One of the men spoke up. Seol nodded as he gave her a small, yet firm smile. 

"Is it true that you and your family assume that Mr. Park Jimin is the one that has been harassing you and your family?" She gripped onto the couch cushion as she nodded. "Yes, that is true." The officer nodded as he motioned one of the men behind him to give him something. "Well, I can assure you Baek Seol-sshi that we have made contact with Mr. Parks family and we believe that it is not Park Jimin-sshi." 

Seol's eyes immediately lit up to what the officer just said. "A...are you...you sure?" The officer nodded as he closed his book. "From what we have researched, Park Jimin is in the United States." Seol nodded before Ji Son decided to speak. "What exactly is he doing there?" The officer sighed. "That, we could not get a hold of for the Park family would not let us with the lack of evidence towards their son. Though, what we could get a hold of was that he is believed to be there receiving medical treatment of some sort." 

Ji Son arched her brow as she looked at the officer. "Treatment?" Just as the officer was about to speak, Ms. Kim appeared. "I'm very sorry to disturb this meeting, but there is something you all must see outside." Seol sensed the tension in her voice and immediately ran out towards the front doors, everyone soon behind her. 

Her eyes widened as she couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Park... Park Jimin?!" 



Seol wiped the tears from her eyes as she opened the bathroom door to wash her face. "Ugh, Kim Jongin." 

"Yes?"

Seol turned to find Kai outside of the bathroom's entrance as he leaned in to to the side of the frame... guilt written all over his face. Seol kept her straight face on as she glared at him.

"What do you want Jongin?" He sighed as he took tiny steps towards her. "I wanted to apologize for my big mouth." Seol finished wiping her face clean of tears as she led the two of them outside of the bathroom and into a hallway not far ahead. 

"I'm really sorry Seol-ah. I really didn't mean it and I was really reckless with my words. I'm really sorry." Seol smiled as she ruffled Kai's hair. "How many times are you going to apologize to me in this lifetime?" She chuckled. "But, apology accepted."

Jongin chuckled along with her as they took a seat on the stairs side by side. "I'm going to keep apologizing until I make things right between us~" Seol smiled as she watched him joke around, her face suddenly falling from earlier. Of course, Kai caught the change.

"Hey, did I say something wrong again?" Seol gave him a reassuring no although he knew if it wasn't him then it had to be something else to get that smile off her face...

"It's Jimin."

"What?" Of course that bastard was the only thing that would make Seol frown.  

"Jimin is the one that has been terrorizing my family."  

"How... how can you be so sure?" 

"Because..," Seol looked at him straight in the eyes, "because his brother came to us and said so."