Chapter thirty

EXO's Dream Girl

Kai's POV

Anger. That was the only burning passion I felt in my heart as I stormed off away from the others. I didn't even hear Hyoyeon's yelling after me. 

Park Jimin. That bastard. I knew he was trouble but to this extent?! I ran in the middle of campus and looked around. I saw one of his friends and ran to him, my heavy footsteps making it harder to control myself. 

"YAH!" The guy turned around as I grabbed him by the collar."Where is Jimin?!" Confused for a moment, the guy didn't say anything. Once he got the situation, he shook his head. "I... I don't know where he is--"

"LIES!" I glared at the girl next to him. "Where is he?!" Slowly, her hands left her sides as she pointed in the direction of the gym. I slightly bowed as I let the guy fall to the ground and ran towards the gym. 

Being it that this guy was part of Kris hyung's basketball team, I headed straight for their reserved basketball court. Correct. There he was. I stormed in there like it was no one's business. He turned and before he even got a single word out, my fist landed right on his face.

I didn't even know what I was doing. I was beating this guy up. The one who has Ji Son now. Immersed into my thoughts, I guess he saw the chance to attack as he flipped me over and started punching me back.

This was endless. I rolled over and spat out blood coming from my mouth as I watched Jimin gasping for air. I gave him no chance to breathe as I kicked him. 

"Stop it!" That voice, it was familiar, yet I didn't want to stop. I was bloodly,hurt, pained but I didn't want to stop. 

"Jongin-ah!!!" I turned to see Seol trying tp pry me off of Jimin as Tao was trying to get Jimin to stop fighting back. 

"Jongin-ah..." Tears filled the brims of Seol's big eyes as she looked straight into my own--- though unlike her, my eyes were full of anger. 

"Seol-ah," I growled, "Get out of here. Let me---"

"NO!" Seol gripped onto my arm and I watched as she put all her strength into getting me away from him. Seeing her in pain... it hurt me, but I couldn't stop. I growled as I yanked my arm out of her grip and ran towards Tao, who was pulling Jimin away from me. Seeing me, he trying moving Jimin faster, but I was too fast. Jimin saw me coming as well, he pulled away from Tao's grip and went towards me head on. 

This time, Tao tried pulled me away. I didn't hesitate as I punched his stomach for him to get away from me. I heard him gasp, as he fell to the floor. at the corner of my eye, I saw Seol running towards him, tears already falling. With that, Jimin gave me a sharp kick to my rib and I fell back. I rolled over until I was on all fours. Coughing blood, I spat. I felt two hands grip onto my back and by insitnct, I turned without looking at hit Jimin as hard as I could on his chest area. But the only thing was...

It wasn't Jimin.

I stood there completely shocked of what I had just done. On the floor, Seol was on her back, desperately coughing for air. Tao ran to her side as he held her in his arms, completely panicking. 

I... I couldn't even do anything. "Seol-ah..." I fell to my knees as I tried to grab her hand, but Tao glared at me. He put her down and jumped onto me. With no mercy, he punched me with all his strength... and I let him. I deserved it. 

At that moment, teachers and security cam rushing in, as did our members. Paramedics had also arrived. I was still under Tao who was forcefully getting pulled away by what I think was Suho and Minseok hyung. 

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO SEOL!!!" At a distance, I saw him pull away from the hyungs restraints and ran to Seol, who had her eyes closed. 

She was unconscious.

Only did I realize and I immediately ran to where the medics were putting her onto a gurney. Everything was going so fast. I watched as the medics rapidly rushed Seol out of the gym, With Tao following. I tired to follow, only to me stopped by security. Both Jimin and I were brought the the campus director's office with force. 

My mind was blank. There was no more anger, no more pain. All that kept replaying was Seol's scared face as she watched me beat someone up, and her unconscious body rolling out of the gym room. Before we were directed into the director's office, we were put into the nurse's room as the medical staff cleaned our wounds. Some of the members were outside, but I knew that most of them went to follow Seol.

"What have I done?"

No One's POV

"Can any of you tell me why you were fighting all of a sudden?!" Director Ko, the campus director had come into the infirmary, full of anger. 

Neither Kai or Jimin said anything. for a while before Jimin broke silence. 

"I didn't do anything wrong director. I was practicing on the court when Kai-sshi came and start to beat me." Jimin looked at Kai and back at the director. "I had no choice but to defend myself".

"Is this true Mr. Kim?" 

"...Yes."

Kai looked up from the floor to face director Ko. She sighed in distress. "Mr. Kim, because of your inappropriate actions today, one of my students in in the hosptial." She sighed once more. "I have no choice but to suspend you for at least 1 month."

Kai's eyes never left the director. "Yes. I understand... I'm sorry director."

Coming clean, Kai felt a little of his trouble lift of his shoulders, but nothing changed the fact that he was the cause of Seol being in the hospital now. 

"As for you Mr. Park, you were acting in self defense, but  you were still involved with this. You will be set to 3 weeks of campus cleaning, starting next week. And, I will be calling both your guardians to inform them of the incident today. Am I clear?"

"Yes."

"Yes." 

With that, the director turned, only to be stopped by Kai. 

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"

"Director Ko, May I leave to see Seol-- Baek Seol?" She sighed. "Mr. Kim, I can't just let you go after this. I need to call your guardians for today. I will inform you on the matter as soon as I can. But you cannot leave."

"Please, director. I really need to see if she's alright." Kai begged. 

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim." With that, she left the room.

"AISH!" Kai yelled. He glared at Jimin for a second before someone walked inside the infirmary. Lay, Sehun, Xiumin, Baekhyun, Chen and Kris walked inside, followed by.... Ji Son. Kai and Ji Son locked eyes for a few moments before she broke it and went towards Jimin.

"Oppa, are you okay? Does it hurt?" "I'm fine."

Kai scoffed, no longer feeling the jealously in his heart. All he felt was guilt. "Kris hyung... how is.. ummm... how is Seol?" Kris coldly looked at Jimin for a moment and turned to Kai. "I don't know. No one called from the hospital yet." 

In pure frustration, Kai ran through his hair and laid back on his infirmary bed. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me. Because of me... Seol's in the hospital." He cocked his head to look at s. They were silent. Of course they were. They also blamed him, but also sided with him at the same time. 

There was silence as one one spoke, only looked at each other. Irritated, Kai got up; though slowly from the pain and looked at s. "You guys can leave, go check on Seol.. I'm fine." Just then, Lay's phone started to ring. He took it out and once he read the caller ID, he looked worried. "It's Suho." "Answer it." Sehun said.

"Hello?... Yeah, we're still here... Yeah, Kai's fine. How's Seol?.....Ahhh, I see. Okay, I'll tell the others, hang up."

"So, what did Suho hyung say?" Baekhyun asked. Concern filled his voice as he spoke. 

"Suho says that Seol is still unconscious, but she's responding well to the medicine the doctors have given her. They were told that she would have to stay in the hospital for a few days if she doesn't wake up. They need to observe her. Her mother's also on the way." 

Kai let out a deep sigh. News like that didn't help him at all. Seol was still unconscious. Responding well, but still unconscious. 

"Kai-ah?" 

"Huh?"

"Did you hear what I just said?" 

Kai shook his head and turned to Lay. "Ani, sorry hyung." Lay gave him a small smile and continued. "We can visit Seol tomorrow."

Kai nodded. "Uh, you guys can leave, get ready for tomorrow." Kai gave them a smile as they nodded. They said their goodbyes. Once they left, Kai laid back down on his bed.

"Tomorrow."

__________________________________________________________

The next day...

After settling all the phone calls and punishments were settled, Kai was picked up in front of campus by Kris as they were headed to the hospital... as they were headed to Seol. 

Kai sighed as Kris parked his car in the hospital's parking lot. Lay had called earlier, saying that Seol still hadn't woken up. They walked their way up to the registry office. 

"Hello. we're looking for patient Adams, Baek Seol." 

"Ne, one moment please." Kris looked over at Kai and patted his shoulder softely. "Yah, everything's going to be fine. No one is up there. They are all downstairs eating for a bit. Relax." Kai smiled, but his guilt didn't leave, even with his hyung's words.

"Ah, yes. Adams, Baek Seol is on the 5th floor, room 12."

"Thank you." With that, The nurse directed them to the elevator.

1st floor...

2nd floor...

3rd floor...

4th floor...

5th floor.

The two got off and headed in the direction the nurse told them to go. Room 12. Like what Kris said, there was no one in, or near the room. Kai looked at Kris.

"Go. I'll wait outside." Kai hesitated, but Kris nudged him to go in. He nodded and slid the door open. Kai closed the door silently. he turned around and his heart sank. In front of him, laid a unmoving Seol. She was pale with her eyes closed. He wasn't even sure if he was hearing her own breathing as the machine hooked onto her was making noise. 

Slowly, Kai moved his aching body to sit in a seat next to Seol's bed. With no hesitation, He lightly took her cold hand in his. 

"Annyeong... Seol-ah." Kai looked at Seol, tears threatening to fall our of his eyes.

"Yah... I thought you were stronger than this..." With all this might, Kai tried to lighten the mood, but instead, his guilt only increased when Seol laid there not moving whatsoever. 

"God.. I'm so sorry Seol-ah... I didn't mean to hurt you... I... I... I'm so sorry." Finally, the tears Kai was trying his best to hold back, fell hitting Seol's hands. He wiped them away with his other hand, not letting go of Seol's hand.

"You... you weren't supposed to see me like this." He knew he was talking to himself, but anything to make it seem like Seol was there talking to him, made him stay at ease; even if it was just a little. 

Once again, Kai stared at Seol's unmoving body. "Please wake up fast, Seol-ah... I wouldn't know what to do if you---"

"What are you doing here?!" Kai turned his head to find a angry Tao. Kris was behind him, trying to calm him down. He looked as if he hadn't been sleeping. Slowly, Kai stood up, still not letting go of Seol's hand. Tao noticed. 

"You. Let go of that hand." Kai hesitated of a bit, but sighed. Slowly, he parted hands with Seol and looked back at Tao. 

"Look Tao-ah, I just wanted to see if she was---" "Leave. Now." Kai stared at Tao who was glaring at him. "What?" "I said to leave." Kai looked again at Seol's bed and back to Tao, his gaze completely different. 

"I'm not leaving."

95047396.jpg