Chapter thirty-five

EXO's Dream Girl

Tao's POV

I kicked off my shoes as I entered the dorm room. D.O was already sleeping as Kris hyung was on his bed, closing a suitcase. "Hyung, where are you going?" He turned to me with a stupid expression. "Yah, you don't know?" I shook my head. "What?" He sighed as he only pointed at the wall calendar as he turned back to his packing.

I walked over to the calendar and once I saw the date, I put a hand to my face. January 31st... Chinese New Year. "Oh my god..." I muttered. I turned over to hyung as he finished zipping his suitcases up and was now headed to the bathroom. "Hurry up and get packed, we're leaving at around 8 to the airport." With that said, he closed the door to the bathroom. 

I walked over to my side of the room to find my suitcase opened and with some of my clothes packed, with all my ID's and passport ready. Of course, D.O. I went towards my closet to get the rest of my clothes and other needs and neatly stuffed them into my suitcase. 

I stopped midway into packing. "Crap." I remembered that I had promised Seol to visit her tomorrow. I shook my head as I zipped up my bags and jumped onto my bed. I took out my phone to see that it was a little past midnight. I had a small idea in my head as I set an alarm to 5 in the morning. 

As soon as Kris hyung stepped out of the bathroom, I ran inside, rushing myself to go to hurry my pace in order to go to bed early. Within minutes I washed and laid in bed. "Tomorrow.... goodnight Seol~"  

 

 

 

*Beeping* 

 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows as my phone beeped and vibrated under my pillow. I took it as I immediately closed my eyes due to the screen's brightness. I pressed snooze as I covered myself with the covers. 

I immediately shot up as I remembered to why I set the alarm so early. D.O and hyung were still sleeping. I quietly went into the bathroom to get ready. 15 minutes later, I came out, sitting on the floor as I re-checked everything I had for today's flight. I smiled as everything was mentally checked off my list and I took a pen and paper to write a note for hyung.

With that, I took my bags as I finished putting on my shoes and left the dorm room.... only to go across the hall to Suho hyung's room. I quietly knocked as I tried calling him. After a few tries, the door opened, revealing a surprisingly awake Suho. "Oh, Tao-ah, why are you up so early? Yah--" I stopped him midway as I let myself into his room. Xiumin and Luhan hyungs were still asleep. 

"Hyung, I tried calling you." "Ah really, I was in the shower, oh wait; what are you even doing here?" I smiled as I sat myself onto a chair. "Hyung." "What?" 

"I promised Seol I would visit her today, but I forgot the hyungs and I were going to go back to China today. That's why I woke up really early to visist her, but..."

"But...?"

"I want to bring her something for her Lunar New Year, before I leave for a couple of weeks. Hyung, can you help me make something for her?"

"Ahhhh, okay. Ummm, should we make tteokguk?" I nodded. "O.K" 

Korean.food-Tteok.mandu.guk-01.jpg

 

I was really lucky that Suho hyung already had the ingredients to the broth, for he was also going to go back home to make this for his family. By the time the clock hit 6:00, we were finished. Hyung wrapped the food up as I was cleaning up the kitchen counter. After I finished, I put on my coat and Suho gave me the package. "Thank you hyung, see you in a few weeks." "Oh, annyeong Tao-ah." 

I smiled as I took the package in hand, as well as all my other things. 

'Seol, here I come.' I thought to myself as I rode my way on a taxi to the hospital.

Seol's POV

My phone was ringing. I furrowed my eyebrows as the ringing wouldn't stop. Slowly, I opened my eyes to find my phone, the screen way too bright. As soon as I turned the brightness off, I was able to read the caller ID:

Tao~

I yawned as I answered the phone. 

*Yawns* "Hello?"

"Seol-ah!" I was a bit surprised to hear Tao already that excited, being it that it was so early. 

"Yah, Tao-ah, what are you doing already up? Its like 6-ish in the morning."

"You think I don't know that? I woke up real~~~ early to see you... can I come up?" 

Still in a daze, I nodded. "Sure." 

Immediately, he hung up. I put my phone away as I sat up in my bed and stretched. "Kyahhhhh, that feels good." I sighed as I let my arms fall to my sides. I nearly jumped as my room door slid open...

"SEOL-AH~~~" I turned to find my.... boyfriend practically running to me. I didn't even have time to process the situation as Tao immensely pulled me into his embrace. 

"Tao-ah.... I'm squished." I said to my squeezed cheeks. "Oh, sorry." 

I made room for him to take a seat next to me. That was when my eyes darted to the amount of bags Tao had with him. "Tao-ah, what's that?" He turned to where I was pointed and sighed. "Ah, that. Seol-ah, I'm leaving." 

My eyes widened. "Leaving?!" He simply nodded. Seeing my worried face, he only laughed. "Ani, ani, not forever. Just for the Chinese New Year." 

I let out a breath. "Oh that's right. You're from China. You, Luhan, Kris and Lay oppas." He nodded. "OH!" HE jumped off my bed as he kneeled down to bring me forth a package... it smelled amazing. 

"Seol-ah, I woke up really early, and with Suho hyung's help, we made you Tt... tteo---" "Tteokguk?" "Yeah, that." I smiled as he pulled the portable tray table towards me as he unwrapped the food. 

"Waw~ it smells so good, and you made this?" He nodded confidently. "Of course... with Suho hyung." I giggled, causing him to smile as well. "Here." He handed took the spoon from my hands as he dipped it inside the soup. "Ah, yah, I can feed myself." I pouted as he shook his head. "No. I want to remember that I did this before I leave today." I sighed as I opened my mouth. It was delicious. 

"This is soooo good!" I smiled at him. "Really?" I nodded. "I don't believe you." I looked at him shocked. "What?" He turned and crossed his arms together. "I don't think it's good." 

"Tao-ah, believe me. It's amazing~~~" He continuously shook his head. "I don't know.... I guess you have to feed me for me to say it's good." I couldn't hold in my scoff. He was so cheesy. "Ah, yah....." I sighed as I took another spoon and dipped it into the soup. "Here." I held the spoon with one hand, preventing any spill with the other, waiting for Tao to turn to me. Once he did, he smiled as he willingly opened his mouth and I brought the spoon forward. 

"Now, how did it taste?" I asked as he smiled. "It tastes so much better now." I playfully shoved him over as he moved closer to me. We did this over and over, laughed, teasing, liking each other's company just a little bit more. We had finished his soup master-piece as we sat side by side, watching a random movie on his phone as it suddenly stopped, revealing an his alarm. He sat up, sliding the alarm off. He looked at me sympathetically, both of us knowing what was going to happen next. 

It was 7:15, 15 minutes after Tao's alarm rang and we were still in each other's arms. He finally let me go as he put on his coat. I could only watch him, sadness filling my eyes. Unfortunately, Tao saw that and rubbed my cheek with this thumb. "Yah, I'm only going to be gone for at least 3 weeks; I'll be back soon." I gave him a small smile. "I know... I'm just.... I'm just going to miss you, that's all." He smiled as he lightly kissed my forehead. "I'm going to miss you too. But you have the other members to keep your mind off of me, you won't even know that you missed me." 

"That's a lie." I pouted. "Yah." Tao took another seat next to me. "Let's take a picture before I leave." I nodded as he put an arm around me, as I nervously rested my head on his shoulder.

BbAJGz9CUAEnrkf.jpg (Pretend that's it's them~)

Tao smiled as soon as he saw the picture. He quickly sent it to my phone as he checked the time. 7:30. I knew he was going to be late. "Tao-ah, you're going to be late." He nodded in agreement. "Oh. I'll call you when I get off the plane, okay?" I hastily nodded. "Go now... I don't want you to be late." I smiled as he kissed my cheek once more as we waved each other off until he was no longer in my sight. 

Kai's POV

The Lunar New Year. I had woken up early, just as the rest our members, to bid out Chinese ones a safe trip. We were all there, minus Tao. "Yah, where is that kid?!" Kris hyung has been trying to contact him, but there was no answer. "He only left us a note saying that he'll meet us here." D.O said.

"That's because he went to see Seol." We turned to Suho who was completely relaxed about the situation.I caught a glimpse of Chanyeol hyung as he slightly turned away, I sighed. "Don't worry about him, he'll be here." He said looking at Kris. He exhaled deeply as he gave up on the phone calls. Their plane had just landed and had just started to board. 

As if in sync with Suho hyung's words, Tao came running towards us. "I'm... I'm here." He managed to say. Suho patted his back as he looke over at Kris and smiled. "You guys should get going then." We all said our last goodbyes, for we won't being seeing them in a while. 

We had watched as the four boarded the plane. We saw them get seated as the waved back at us until they left through the air. "Hyung." I turned to Suho.

"Hm?"

"How did you know that Tao was with Seol?"  

"Ah, that. He came to my dorm to help him make tteokguk." I nodded in understanding. "Hyung, should we visit her today?" Hyung only shrugged. "Kai-yah, as much as I want too, we all have our own families to attend to today, and Seol had hers. We can go tomorrow." I nodded, but there was still a small part of me that wanted to celebrate the new year with Seol. I then turned to Chanyeol hyung." I guess he would want it too, I guess.

I ran up to Chanyeol hyung. "Hyung." "Oh, what?" "Do you want to visit Seol today before we go home?" He hesitated for a short second before nodding his head. I patted his back as we quickly said goodbye to the others as we caught a cab to the hospital. 

 

 

"HAPPY SEOLLAL (Lunar New Year)!" I jumped inside the room, all excited. I watched as Seol jumped in her bed and I smiled. That smile faded as I saw that Chanyeol hyung and I weren't the only ones here. Mrs. Adams, Seol's aunt and uncle, and.... Taehyung were also here. I immediately bowed, feeling my cheeks warm up from the embarrassment. This time it was Chanyeol hyung who patted my back, holding his laugh in as he also bowed. 

"Ah, sorry mother." I nervously rubbed my neck. She stood up and laughed. "It's alright Jongin-ah, we do that as well." I bowed once more before I saw Seol waving over at the both of us. "Jongin-ah, Chanyeol oppa!" She smiled as we walked over to sit next to her. 

Surprisingly, Seol's hand immediately went towards my face. I tensed up as I watched her 'examine' me.

"Yah, what are you doing?" "Hold on for a moment. After a few more moments, her hands fell to her sides. "The cuts are better than they were before, that's good." She smiled as she called Taehyung over. "Yah, come here." Taehyung immediately followed her and sat next to her. 

"You didn't apologize to Jongin, did you?" Hyung and I watched as Seol was interrogating her younger cousin, who looked slightly flustered. "No. But noona, it was his--- AH!" Suddenly she whacked him in the back of the head. "Yah, Kim Taehyung. You have to apologize. Not apologizing to him is like not apologizing to me." 

Seol crossed her arms and she pointed at me with her eyes. All I heard was Taehyung sighing. "Kai hyung.... I'm sorry for, um... hitting you...." 

"Uhhh, it's fine... Taehyung-ah, really." Seol smiled as she messed up his hair, as Taehyung was muttering something under his breath. "That's ma boy!" She yelled as she took him into a headlock. Taehyung was eventually released as Seol turned to talk to us.

"Oppa, did they leave safely?" I watched Chanyeol hyung as he sighed and nodded. "Yeah, they left just fine. Tao was a little late though, because of a certain someone..."

Immediately, Seol put her hands to her face. "Aish, that boy... I'm going to miss him." She then looked brightly at us as she got up from her bed to pull her in her arms in a sibling way. "But that's why I have the best guys in the world to keep me company!" I smiled as did. "Yeah, but I'm a way better mood make that Kai is." I glared at Chanyeol hyung, thought my stare softened seeing that he was sort of back to his idiotic self. "Yah, hyung that's not true. Seol-ah, don't listen to him." She giggled as she let us off of her grip, laying back down. 

"With you guys, this break just became a little more bearable." She smiled as she stuffed a rice cake in .

 

 

 

 

 

 


***** Hello everyone! For everyone celebrating either Lunar New Year, of Chinese New year, I wish you all the best~ I really found it a coincidence that Seol's name was partly inside the Korean way of saying 'Lunar New Year.' There actually have been many coincidences of where the story and reality fit. One given that in Exo Showtime, they had gone to Hanok village, which is the place I had made Seol live before that episode aired. I don't know, whenever I see that, I get excited, I don't even know why.

Anyway, my vacation is coming to an end, and I'm trying to update everyday before it ends. Thank you all for reading this fanfic so far~~~

(p.s: For all those who had voted on my poll, thank you for you voiced opinions. Although I had already have a certain idea for the future, I thank you all for giving me your opinions, they are very much appreciated).*****