Chapter twenty-four

EXO's Dream Girl

Seol's POV

I couldn't react fast enough to actually realize the situation.

I was kissing Hoseok oppa, no; Hoseok oppa was kissing me.

As much as I tried to pull out of his grip, the feeling was way to overwhelming and whenever I would try to move, oppa would pull me closer to him, pressing his soft lips harder onto mine.

It felt like forever when he decided to let me go. At that point, we were both somewhat out of breath. I couldn't even look at him at this point, he on the other hand, was starring right at me. I was able to catch my breath, before speaking to him. 

"Oppa, why?" I felt his presence come closer to me and I immediately stepped back. I heard oppa sigh. "I told you Seol-ah... I love you."

Those three words made me look up right into his dark brown eyes. "I love you. I realized that the day I left [South] Korea... when I left you. Ever since then, I was determined to come back here once I was grown to find you again; to be able to love you again... I felt this ever since you had confessed to me as well."

Confessed? When have I confessed to oppa--- oh. The letter I gave him. It said everything. "Oppa, that was a long time ago." Suddenly, oppa took my hand gently and rubbed it with his thumbs. "Yes, it was a long time ago... time doesn't matter though." He stopped and looked right in my eyes. "What matters now is that we are together. That we will love each other." 

Hearing those words, I took my hand back. "Oppa, I don't know about all this... about my feelings. As I said, that time was so long ago, and... and we were children... I don't know how to do this." Hoseok oppa's warm smile gave out and took my cheek in his hand. "I will respect your decision... and I will wait for your answer. My love for you will not change, no matter what." I smiled at his kind words, before slightly chuckling. "Maybe it was your kind words that made me like you when we were kids, huh oppa?" 

Oppa smiled, as he took my hand. Though the awkwardness was still in the air after our little kiss, we walked until I reached my home. We were bidding our goodbyes, before I stopped him from leaving.

"Oppa."

"Hm?"

"I now know your feelings.. but I do not know mine... I just--- I just don't want to give you hope for this." Oppa smiled, though I could clearly see his slight sadness. 

"Like I said Seollie, my love for you will not change, no matter what." With nothing else said, I watched oppa walk away from me and with him gone from sight, I went into my own home, with my own problem to think about.

 

*********************************************

 

Vacation was actually longer than I expected it to be. After that encounter that might with oppa, I haven't met up him, Bora, or the rest of the oppas. I spent my days helping umma around the house. Today, in particular was a special day. Umma's birthday. She was a January baby born in the cold, yet also warm month. I had woken up extra early to go out to the market to buy the ingredients to seaweed soup, maybe also some meat.. if I have enough money to spare. 

It was around 5:30 in the morning when I was greeted with the cold morning air. I breathed it all in as happily walked to the market. I greeted the elders that were already here as they did back to me. I was happy, and actually forgot all problems the were building in my head. 

"Hello ajumma!" I came up to one of umma's old time friends. "Omo! Seol-ah! How are you?" I smiled. "I'm doing just fine, ajumma. And you? How is your family doing?" "Omo, they're doing fine. My kids just entered high school, thanks to your tutoring, they are actually going somewhere in life. Ha!" I laughed at her statement. "Oh, aniyo ajumma. Your children are indeed smart." "Oh, thank you Seol-ah. So, what can I get for you?" 

After going around the 'family' marketplace, I was able to bargain the ingredients and still had enough money to but meat, I was even able to buy some tofu. Meat was left, and I certain on who I was going to buy it from.

"Imo (aunt, mother's sister)!" I called at a middle-aged woman yelling at a middle-aged man. She turned around with an angry face, but it all disappeared when she saw me. "Omo, is that Baek Seol? My Baek Seollie?" I chuckled as I ran up to her and hugged her. "Yes, imo, it's me." I turned over to look at the older man coming towards us. I smiled. "Hello, samchon (uncle. I don't know which type of form I had to use though). "Oh, it's Seol. How are you?" I came over to hug him as well. "I'm doing fine. How about you two? OH! How's my little cousin?" 

"Your 'little' cousin is doing just fine." We all looked over at a blondish boy standing across us, leaning against a pole. I scoffed. "I highly doubt that." "What?" I ran over and hugged my cousin until he pushed me off. "Yah! Kim Taehyung! Is that how you treat your noona?" I re-opened my arms waiting for him to enter. I heard him sigh with annoyance, but came into my embrace anyway. "Nice to see you again noona." 

large.jpg  jaekkyung.jpg

It was 6:30 and imo let me cook the food over at her place, so umma wouldn't get any notifications about her small party. Because they were still working, Taehyung brought me over. 

I put my hair into a ponytail and fluffed out my bangs. Taehyung asked if I needed anything, but I was fine. He shrugged and sat in the kitchen to keep me company, though he was on his phone the entire time. 7:00. I should be ready by 10:00, knowing that umma was extremely tired from work last night. I also kept her up more than I should have, thus having that much time to cook everything and return home. 

Suddenly, I heard a faint knock on the door. I turned to Taehyung, who didn't hear anything because of his headphones. I pulled one of them out and pointed at the door who had knocked again. "Ah! They're here!" "They?" He turned to me and nodded. "Friends."

I nodded at him and returned to my cooking. The seaweed soup was packed and ready to go. Now it was the meat and tofu. Tofu didn't take that long, since I was finished with it as the knocking began. I heard yelling by the hallway. His friends must be here. 

"Noona." I turned to see a 6 guys looking at me. "Guys, this is my cousin, Baek Seol. She attends Seoul Arts Academy now. Noona, you remember them right?" I wiped my hands on my apron and looked closer. "Ah, yes. Hello. Nice to see you---"  I froze. Behind Taehyung's friends was oppa. Hoseok oppa. I gulped. 

"Baek Seol-sshi?" I shook my head to see that one of Taehyung's friends was looking at me. I ignored the fact that oppa was here and I turned to him. "Yes?" "You go to Seoul Arts?" I nodded. "Me too." I looked at him, shocked. "Really?" he nodded as I smiled. "I'm sorry, but what was your name again?" He smiled before he spoke. My name is Jimin. Park Jimin." 

I let the guys go into Taehyung's room, but I kept my little cousin aside. "You know college people now too, huh?" Taehyung only shrugged. "I guess. I'm not exactly the oldest. Seokjin hyung, Yoongi hyung, Namjoon hyung, and Jimin hyung are in college. I met them when they were seniors. Jungkook and I are the only high school seniors."

bangtan+boys.jpg

"Ah... but how about... Hoseok oppa?" "Ahhh. I met him a few days ago and we have been catching up." I nodded and let him leave. I shook my head. Oppa was here, and I still haven't cleared my mind. I tried to shake the feeling off and turned the stove back on. I finished cooking most of the meat and decided to take a break. I took a glass and filled it with water before sitting on the kitchen counter. I checked the time on my phone. It had just turned 8:30. I gulped down the water and again, re-heated the stove to cook the last of the meat. 

I turned over the meat once they have turned 'perfect color' when I felt two hands creep up behind me, tugging on my waist. I nearly jumped, put this person kept me in place. I turned around to see who it was... of course.

"Oppa!" I turned around to face him, but he still didn't remove his hands and now, we were facing each other, with his arms still around me. "Oppa, can you let me go?" It sounded more like a command than a suggestion and he obeyed. He sighed. "Can't I hug my best friend?" 

Oppa smiled, but I just had turned away to face the stove, and oppa facing my back. I continued to cook the meat, but I could feel oppa's stare and shivers ran down my spine. Thanks to that, wasn't paying attention and put my hand onto the stove.

"AHHH!" I immediately took my hand off and held it tightly with the other. "Seol-ah, what's wrong?" Oppa saw my blistering hand and immediately took off to find a first aid kit in the bathroom. I had seated myself when oppa came back. He had first cleaned it, causing the pain to erupt a yelp from my mouth. He, but continued anyway. Finished, oppa put the medicine on, while blowing on it. He was finished by the time the clock it 9:00. 

"Thank you oppa." I mumbled as I stood back up to pack the meat. I wasn't bothered by oppa and in no time, I was finshed with cooking, as well as packing the food. I walked over to Taehyung's room and knocked. "Taehyung-ah, I'm leaving. Tell imo and Samchon to not forget to come tonight, okay?" "Ok noona! See you tonight." Taehyung yelled behind the door. I smiled and put on my coat. I packed all the food into a bag and was ready to leave before oppa stopped me. "I'm coming with you." That was all he said before he took the food from my hands and left through the door.

 

 

 

*****Hello everyone! This was just a small update for chapter 23 today. Thanks for the newly support!*****