Chapter forty-one

EXO's Dream Girl

Ji son's POV

"Ji Son-ah, over here." As I stepped into the restaurant and looked around. Not the classiness I was used to, but it was enough. I rolled my eyes as I found father standing up, waving his hand for me to come over there. I scoffed. He actually looked like a father who cared for his daughter. And just when it could get worse, that woman stood up as well as she smiled at me. 

I cringed. I hated people who thought that with just a smile they could think of me in a close relationship. That was not going to happen, especially with her. I walked my way over without saying a word and sat myself the farthest I could get. Instead of father sitting next to me in order to talk, it was Seol's mother. I glared at her, though she didn't look like she was phased by it. 

"So you're Ji Son. It's very nice to meet you. Your father has talked about you so much. I am going to be your new mother... my name is---"

"I don't really care for your name." I said formally as I looked up to her surprised face. 

"What?" 

"I do not need to know your name, nor do I want it." With that said I turned back to the window as I heard her sigh and seated herself properly. 

"Oh, Seol's here." I heard father say and that woman immediately stood up. 

"Ah, hello Mr. Hwang, umma." Seol's voice almost made me wish that I had no ears. It was so perky, so disgusting. It actually hurt to hear it. The three exchanged greetings and of course, that girl was seated right across from me. I immediately glared at her and she bowed her head. "Hello Ji Son-sshi." I scoffed as  looked at her. "You were with Kai, right?" She hesitated for a moment and nodded. "Yes. He drove me here." 

Before I could say anything else, father had taken a seat next to me, across his soon-to-be wife. "The reason on why we have called you here today is so we could tell you our plans for our engagement and marriage." I could feel his gaze on my side but I decided to ignore it as father spoke on. "I know that we did surprise the both of you, but we would like to tell you about these things so we could be prepared as a family.

I couldn't hold in my laugh. "Family? Now you think about family?" They all looked at me. "This is not a family." I clearly stated as I took a sip of water set of to the side. "Ji Son." Fathers stern voice didn't even affect me. "Just because you two will get married doesn't mean we will become a family. I lost my only family years ago." 

There was an awkward silence in which a waiter disturbed by asking our orders. "I'm not taking anything." I said, leaving him dumbfounded. The others ordered though, letting the waiter do his job as she then disappear. 

"We are going to be family, a happy one at that. Now please, Ji Son-sshi, let's talk this over." It was Seol's mother speaking to me now and I ignored her. She thought that that was a signal to continue on and she did.

"Ji Hoon-sshi and I have been dating for a while now, but we have kept it a secret from you two because we didn't know where the relationship would be in at this point. It's been four years since we have been together. Being it that we think that we found each other's new beginnings, we decided to get married... soon." 

My eyes widened by the last word, as I tried to keep my poker face in check, and I did. "When is soon?" Seol asked. I would also like to know that. "We haven't decided on the date, but we would have wanted to get married in the late spring, to represent new beginnings for both our families. I turned my head to look at them. "Late spring? That is around three months time from now. Don't you think this is a bit rushed?" Seol just took the words right out of my mouth. 

Father sighed. "Yes, we also think that it would be fast, but your mother and I are really willing to combine our two families together. Oh, that reminds me. Dear, do you want to say it?" I almost threw up in mouth as I heard the sweetness in his voice. I don't even remember the time when he used to do that with my umma. 

"Okay, I'll say it." Seol's mother clasped her hands together, bringing them up to her heart. We are going to move in in the same house!" 

"What?!"

Seol's POV

After the uncomfortable lunch with the 'new family', umma and I were escorted back to our home to which where we found a moving truck parked out front. "Umma, are we really going to live with Mr. Hwang and Ji Son?" Umma looked at me and put her hands on my shoulders. "We are living with your stepfather, though because Ji Son had her own place, her has to convince her to move back in." 

I took her hand ad squeezed it. "Umma... are we selling the house?" Umma looked at me and smiled. "We are not." Your stepfather knew how much you love this place and he bought it... for us; for you."

My eyes widened. "He bought it?! Umma, how could he?! Who knows how much money he is spending!" Umma looked at me and laughed. "I told that idiot the same thing, but he insisted. He told me he would do anything to make this family work." I smiled shyly. "Appa would want it to work too umma. He would want you to be happy."

I smiled as I pulled her in for a hug and she returned it. "Yes, I know Seol-ah. Your father gave me your soon-to-be stepfather for us to begin a new life. After all these years, he still looks over us." I could see a tear forming but she quickly averted it and tugged me inside. "Come, we have a lot of packing to do." 

It was nearly into the next day when umma and I finished packing. She fell asleep on her now empty room as I finished putting the last of my boxes into the truck before locking it. As soon as I stepped inside, I realized how empty the house was. Everything in the eighteen years I have lived here was gone and packed into the truck. All the necessities of the house were still here, but without our little family touches here and there, this house was strangely cold. 

I sighed as I checked up on umma. I smiled as I found her asleep and I pulled her blanket to cover her up before quietly leaving the room and entering my own.  I laid there in my lifeless bed, fiddling with my phone before I decided to call oppa. Everything nowadays is all texts and stuff, but I really wanted to hear a comforting childhood memory voice.

A few rings later, I heard him pick up. "Hello?"

"Hoseok oppa." 

I could picture him smiling as he called over. "oh, Seol-ah. What are you doing up so late? Is everything okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine... it's just that... that..."

"That? Seol-ah, is something wrong?" 

I nodded slightly. "I'm fine. Umma and I are moving out tomorrow morning." 

"What?! Moving where? Is it far? Will I not see you anymore? Yah! What the hell is going on?!" I chuckled at his frustration over the line. 

"Umma and I are moving into my soon-to-be stepfather's home. It's in the Gangnam district so I'll be closer to you and college." I chuckled as I heard oppa sigh on the other line.

"Yah, you almost gave me a heat attack. Wait, is the house going ot be for sale then?"

"No. My stepfather... um... he bought the property for me." 

"WHAT?! Is the man crazy?! How much money do these houses cost nowadays!" I smiled. I didn't even have to say anything. Oppa knew excalty what was happening and says all the things I would say. 

"That's what I said. According to umma, he wanted to buy it for me... I feel a little guilty oppa. He's wasting all this money though all her needs to do is love umma and me." 

Oppa agreed. "Yah it's getting late. I'll come early in the morning to send you off, okay?"

I nodded in agreement. "Okay. See you later oppa. Good night."

"Sleep well Seollie. Good night." With that we hung up and I put my phone on the drawer next to my bed before I drifted into a deep sleep.

~

My phone rang and I immediately got up. I yawned as I stretched. I couldn't believe how well rested I was. I washed up and changed into some proper clothes. After I finished tying my hair into a ponytail, I sighed as I looked at my empty room. I was really going to miss this place when we move out. "So long." I mumbled and left the room.

"Umma." I smiled as she turned to me. She handed me bread and some peanut butter. "We'll be leaving in a few minutes so eat a little bit before we go, okay? I'm going to your imo's house to say goodbye." I nodded as she put on her coat and left. I ate a couple pieces of bread before I heard the door click. "Umma, you're back already?" I asked without looking behind me.

"I just got here though." I twisted my head and saw oppa smiling at me. "Ah, yah! You should've called first!" I pouted as I bit into my last piece of bread. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't know when you'd leave, so I decided that I'd come earlier." I shrugged if off as oppa sat across the table from me. 

"Gangnam, huh?" I nodded. "Oppa, don't you live there?" He nodded. "Yeah, but I usually not home. I'm always in the the dance studio with Taehyungie and our friends." I looked at him. "Oppa, you still dance?" He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Duh. Hey, you should come by. we're preparing something for Taehyung's school performance. Your support would really help him... me too." 

I rolled my eyes but nodded. "Sure. When?" "How about today? I'll go with you  and mother when you guys move in, and then we'll go." I cocked my head. "Yah, I still have to unpack my things." "I'll help you then. It's just your clothes, books, and other things; plus your guitar." I thought it over and a sigh came over my lips. Nevertheless, I nodded and he smiled.

"Oh yeah, where's Tao?" I looked at him. "I called him earlier. He's with the others. He's a little busy so he'd see me later." He nodded. At that time umma came through the door, surprisingly, with Tao. "Seol-ah, look who I bumped into!" My eyes widened and I smiled as Tao gave his signature smirk. I jumped up and hugged him. "I thought you were going to come later." "I was, but you're moving in with your new family... and I thought you would need support." 

I heard the change in his voice when he mentioned family and I playfully hit him. "Yah," I whispered," Give her a chance." He looked at me confused but decided not to say anything else since umma was still in the room. 

"I'll drive the truck mother." Oppa said and umma chuckled. "Omo, Hoseok-ah, you don't have to do that." Oppa only shook his head. "Mother, I want to." Without her getting another word in, oppa took the keys from umma's hand and headed out the door. We laughed as we followed oppa's lead and left through the door. Hand in hand. I locked the door and Tao wiated for me. I sighed as I touched the handle. We were leaving this place. Tao squeezed my hand and gave a sympathetic smile I smiled back and let go of the handle. "This goodbye is not forever." I said.

25 minutes later oppa stopped at a huge gate as umma gave the guard something to let them in. Probably what Mr. Hwang told her to to give. Oppa continued to drive slowly as umma looked for the right address. "There Hoseok-ah!" Oppa immediately stopped and we all got out. My jaw immdeiately dropped. "Daebak." Tao couldn't hold his laugh as he watched my amazement in the house. "Tao-ah, it looks like the one from the drama 'Heirs'. 

     caption.jpg  

No One's POV

In the midst of Seol admiring the house, Mr. Hwang popped out the door with a happy face. "Welcome!" He greeted as he saw that there was more people than just his soon-to-be wife and stepdaughter. Seol bowed and so did the rest as her mother was hugged by Mr. Hwang. "I'll have my people unpack the truck." he said warmly leading Seol's mother inside. "Mr. Hwang, you don't have to so that, I could just unload myself---"

"NO!" Both Hoseok and Tao yelled in unison. Mr. Hwang chuckled. "Seol, it's okay. And I can see that you company wouldn't want you do that either. "Come on, you should see your new room." Seol hesitated before she nodded happily. She watched as the men coming out of the house were starting to unload the truck as the went inside. 

All four jaws dropped seeing the massive entrance hall. Though the house was very spacious, it gave a homey feeling, which Seol loved. "This is huge." Seol said in awe. Mr. Hwang laughed. "It is my second house, specially constructed for the beginning of our family. Feel free to look around, because this is going to be your home now." Seol looked at them. "Then where are you two going?" Her mother smiled. "We have to go to work of course. I have a new manager uniform waiting for me." Seol jumped in excitement. "Manager?! Umma, that's great. Go, go now! I'm so happy for you." Seol hugged her mother and looked up to her step father. "Thank you for everything.... father." 

Mr. Hwang almost dies of happiness when that one word came out of . "Thank you as well Seol." "We'll see you later, honey, We love you." She kissed her daughters head as the two left where they came from. 

Seol then turned back at Hoseok and Tao with birght eyes. "Come on!" She grabbed other their arms as she lead them up the stairs. Mr. Hwang told me it was the third room on the second floor. Ah! It must be this one." Seol stopped at a door and slowly turned the golden handle. 

superb-la-lune-range.jpg

"Oh my gosh," she exclaimed, "This... this is beautiful." Of course, Seol that thought it was a little over done since all she needed was a closet and a bed, but the richness of the room had her in awe. The three went inside fully and Seol jumped onto her bed. It was memory foam. It was so soft and warm. The covers were beautiful as well. roses with gold accents were the classics. Though what really amazed her is that Mr. Hwang knew of her taste. The flowers with classic touch-ups. 

"Yah, this is bigger than my room." Hoseok teased. Seol scoffed. "That's because you live in the dang studio." He threw a pillow at her and she returned it. Seol had then stood up and threw on at Tao. He playfully glared and she gulped. She hopped off the bed and tried to run away from him, but eventually was caught. "Aigh, this boy..." Seol mumbled as Tao pulled her in for a small kiss. 

He later released her. "I'm going to look around the house more, then we can go to the studio, okay?" "Studio?" Seol was about to explain to Tao but Hoseok caught she before she did. "I'll explain it to him. Just look around." She smiled at her best friend's attempt in making friends with Tao as she closed the door behind her. 

Seol continued her way down the hallway as she turned the corner. There, another room was stationed and she could not hold her curiosity. Slowly, she opened the door, revealing a massive room with the lights dimmed down. It was dark but Seol could see pretty clearly on how the room looked like. It was much more luxurious and modern than her new one, as well as dark. "I wonder whose room this is." She whispered to herself. 

tumblr_m3jmf6fNUY1r3u8jwo1_500.jpg

 

"It's mine." 

That voice. Seol flinched as she found Ji Son standing there with her arms crossed. "Ji Son..." The woman smirked. 

"Welcome to hell, sister."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***** Hellooooo! Man, this isn't goign to be a message, so if you don't want to read it, you can skip it. I don't know why I resmebling everything to Heirs, but! But, I am not plagiarizing. I Don't know. Whenever I write in Ji Son's shoes, I think of Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) The way he acts with his bad boy rep. though he really is a good guy. Oh, I don't know! Anyway, I hope you enjoy!*****