Chapter sixty

EXO's Dream Girl


"Yah, I'm so happy for you!" Seol giggled in delight as Tao took her into his arms. "I'm a proud girlfriend~" Tao smirked as he kissed Seol's cheek. It was around 12 in the morning as Tao had made his appearance for he couldn't wait a second longer to be with Seol and celebrate the news that EXO will be one of the groups competing in the idol competitions in a couple of months.

"And I'm a happy boyfriend." They sat down at the dining table as lunch was set. Ji Son eyed them happily. "Seems everyone is going into a happy mood today." Seol nodded as Ji Son handed her cup of tea for Tao. 

"Ah! Tao-ah." 

"Hm?"

"Where are you taking me on this mystery date tonight?"

He coughed on his food as Ji Son cracked a smile. "Don't worry about that Seol-ah. I'll help you get ready." "Oh?" Seol looked over at her sister curiously as Ji Son smiled. "So you know about my date too unnie?" She nodded. "Tao wants to make this one unforgetable~" The said man blushed as he continued to eat his food as Seol fixed his hair. "Am I that special to you?~" She grinned when he nodded. For now she'll leave him alone, he may turn redder than he already was if she hadn't stopped.

"Yah, just don't forget that I'll be picking you up at 9 later, arasso?" Seol swiled as she nodded, kissing him a goodbye as Ms. Kim escorted him out.



All day, all Seol could do was think about what Tao had planned for the two of them, only to end up with a whole bunch of different answers. She didn't even know that the sun had set before a knock came from outside her bedroom door.

"Yah! have you been lying there all day?" Ji Son closed the door as she made her way to Seol's bed. She nodded. "Unnie, what does he have in store? My curiosity is hurting my brain." She pouted as Ji Son threw a her a pillow. "I'm not going to say anything. I am only here to get you ready for the date. Come on, get up."

Seol stretched as she watched her carry in a large white box. "This... this is what you'll be wearing tonight." Ji Son set the box on the drawer as Seol opened it. Her eyes widened. "Omo..."

Inside the box was a beautiful gown in a perfect shade of mint green. "This... this dress is so..." 

"Perfect?"

Ji Son chuckled a little as Seol took hold of such a thing, looking at it was it were the most shocking thing she'd ever seen. "Whatever he has planned tonight... must've cost a fortune for me to be wearing this..." 

"In your eyes, yes~" Seol eyed her sister as she ignored it and motioned for Seol to sit. "Let's do you hair now, shall we?" 

*

*

*

In all time in preparation, Seol was polished. That gown that she had put on fit her perfectly as it was also a great color to go with her skin. Her hair, no doubt was perfect was well. Ji Son had handled it as it were nothing more simple. 

"There, you're done." 

Seol stood up as she headed for the mirror. She had almost stumbled on herself if Ji Son was right behind her. She looked gorgeous. Everything looked to be on point as if there were not flaws whatsoever. "Never in a million years would I have thought to be where I am today... to be happy with so many loved ones in my life....." Ji Son noticed this as she took the chance to give her a hug.

"That's because you're a person who deserves all of this, maybe even more." Her heard Seol's giggle as they let go of each other, wiping away whatever pain was with them. Just as that, Ms. Kim knocked as she entered the room.

"Seol ajasshi, Tao-sshi is here for you--- omo!" Ji Son put her arm around Ms. Kim as she absorbed Seol's transformation. "Ajasshi, you look absolutely beautiful. If master Tao doesn't acknowledge that, tell me so I will knock it into him." Seol giggled as she bowed. 

"This unnie did a pretty great job tonight didn't she?" Ms. Kim nodded as Ji Son's statement. "Ji Son ajasshi, shouldn't you be getting ready as well?" Their conversation started to hush down to whispers. "Yes. I'll do so after Seol and Tao leave. You too, Ms. Kim should get ready as well as the other staff members." They gave each other secret smiled before following Seol down the stairs quickly. 

Tao had heard all the noise from up the stair case. He had almost fell when he found Seol at a distance. Seol laughed at Tao's face as looked at herself once more.

"Do I look okay?"

Tao blinked several times before realizing that he should close his mouth. "Okay?! I look okay, you... you look perfect Seol-ah."  He gave her a smile as he pecked her cheek.

"Tao-ah, this must be a grand evening for us to be wearing all this." Seol worriedly looked at him only to get a chuckle from him. "Don't worry about that Seol." 

"Well, we'll be going then Ms. Kim, unnie." Seol smiled at the two as she took Tao's arm as they left through the door. 

Once the door closed, Ji Son and Ms. Kim looked at each other. "Phase 1, success!"


"Wah!" Seol gasped as she found a white limousine outside of their home. "Tao-ah!" He held in a laugh as he tried to be as serious as he could possibly be. He let go of Seol as he opened the door for her. "Tao-ah, these are like what you see in American movies!" Seol looked around curiously around the car as she found everything so grand and expensive. "This is absolute madness, I can't believe that I'm actually riding one of these!" She gave Tao a bright smile as he returned it back. 

"I'm glad you liked it. So, can I get a thank you kiss for all of this?" Seol raised an eyebrow, eventually moving closer to Tao, giving him his wish. "You're welcome." Seol mimicked his tone as she continued to look out the window. Night was upon them as the city lights in Seoul only made the scene more beautiful than it already was. 

Although the ride was dragging on much longer than Seol expected and Tao noticed her changing expression. 'Just bear with it for a few more minutes Seol-ah.' He thought.

"Tao-ah?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say?" 

Seol blew a raspberry. " I said, why are we talking so long? Is the mystery place that far?" Tao nervously hummed, hoping that Seol wouldn't catch on. Thankfully she didn't. 

"I know. But we're almost there, I promise." Seol nodded as he handed a bottle of fancy water. "Here, if you're thirsty. " She smiled as opened it, taking sips once in a while. 

Tao turned back to his phone. 

To: Ji Son

Is everything ready? Seol is starting to question the ride >.<

From: Ji Son 

Everything is ready. You guys can come now. Don't let her know pabo!

Tao silently sighed as he signaled the driver as the driver nodded. Tao looked over at Seol as he smiled. "Seol-ah, the driver said that we'll be there in 5 minutes." Immediately, Seol's eyes flickered a change. That flame of curiosity was back as she gave him a sincere bright smile. 



"Okay, Okay! They'll be here any minute!!!" Ji Son was frantically running all over the place, making sure that everything was perfect. Kai followed her constantly as he would wipe the beads  of sweat escaping Ji Son's forehead. "Yah, yah, yah you're going to tire yourself out before this thing even starts!" 

Ji Son gave him a quick smile before hearing her phone beeping.

From: Tao

We just arrived and we're coming up!

"Omo! Everyone they're here!" Everyone stopped to find Ji Son as they immediately began to hide. "Umma, appa, go over! She can totally see you here! Kai, let's go!" The said man chuckled as he let Ji Son pull him to their hiding spot. 

A few minutes later, they all heard the door open. "WAH!" Ji Son held in a chuckle by hearing Seol's voice. "Tao-ah, this place is so big and so pretty." Tao chuckled in return as he grabbed onto her hand. "But that's not all." Seol looked at him, almost shocked as he covered her eyes with his big hands. "Okay, Seollie, I am going to have to ask you to count to three for the biggest surprise, arasso?"

Seol excitedly nodded. "Okay you can start counting."

 

"1"

 

"2"

 

"3!"

On cue, Tao let go as Seol opened her eyes. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HWANG BAEK SEOL!!!"

Seol's eyes widened as she found not only Tao with her, but everyone. Her parents, her other relatives, Taehyung and Hoseok and their friends, Ji Son, EXO, and so many more. "Omo!" Ji Son came up to her along with Kai. "Surprised with our party for you?" Ji Son chuckled as she closed her sisters mouth manually, gradually giving her a microphone.

"I...I... I'm completely speechless." Seol looked around the venue as her eyes twinkled. "After all that's happened, I completely forgot about my birthday." Seol blushed at her statement. "Thank you, all of you for giving your all to make my birthday party happen, even though I hadn't known about it till now. Today, is the day I turn actually turn 19. At such a young age, we all had many things happen to us this past year...." She paused. "Although there were also many unfortunate things that have happened, everyone of you have been there for me, and for each other. I would just like to express my gratitude for all of just being here... thank you."

Cheers roared around the venue as Seol smiled along with them. "Let this party be one of the best time of our lives!" Kai shouted as everyone followed along. Seol laughed as music was soon brought into the scene as she looked at Tao. "You... sometimes I really can't with you." Tao had only smirked at her as he came closer. "But then again, you love me anyway, right?" Seol playfully rolled her eyes as Tao planted a kiss on her temple.

"Happy birthday Seol-ah." Her mother came up as she gave her daughter a big hug as her father joined in. "Umma, appa, you guys too?!" They laughed aas they nodded. "You deserve this so much. All we did was make it come true." Seol smiled as she bid they a short goodbye before greeting her other guests. 



"Unnie!" Ji Son turned to find Seol finally making her way to her and the EXO table. "Unnie, I can't with you!" Seol pouted as Ji Son pulled her into a hug. "All you need to say is thank you~" The two giggled as Tao pulled out a chair for her. "And I'm guessing all of you knew about this too?" The other exo members sheepishly nodded as Seol smiled. "I can't believe you all were able to hide it that well. If I was alone with Chanyeol oppa for a few minutes I would've gotten something out of him." She joked as Chanyeol scoffed. "I may be alittle playful, but I can hide these types of things too~" Seol mimicked his actions, all Chanyeol could do was laugh. 

With all the fun, the music suddenly stopped as the DJ took hold of the microphone. "Alright, alright, let's have all the couples down here with this slow song. Birthday girl, have your dance with the men of your life." Seol shook her head playfully as she found her father coming up to her. "Appa..." She giggled. "Let's go Seol." She nodded as she took his hand as he led them to the dance floor.

One by one, Seol continuously danced with "the men in her life." First her father, then Tao, Taehyung, Hoseok, Kai, the other 9 exo members. Lastly, Chanyeol tapped onto Xiumin's shoulder as he was they last of the 12 to dance with Seol.

"Happy birthday Seollie~" He said as she smiled. "Oppa, you know I've been hearing that for a while." She joked as he clicked his tongue. "I know that." They giggled throughout the entire dance as Chanyeol's face suddenly became more serious.

"Seol-ah."

"Hm?"

"I like you."


***** Hello every reader, Justmyself5 here! Sorry for such a late update but I was preparing my new fanfic. I still have a more than a few more things to do for E.D.G so I'm thinking on whether I should let my new fanfic out now... Just a suggestion. OMG Chanyeol! I don't know if any of you feel like this, but like when you have a bias in a group and then like another member in the band, don't you feel like a bad-ish person? Well, in my case, that is soooooo true. *I'm so sorry Lay* Ugh the struggles of a fangirl~ But anyway, see you all in the next chapter*****