Chapter thirty-eight

EXO's Dream Girl

Tao's POV

"Seol-ah?" I turned to her to find that she still was responsive. I sighed as I squeezed her hand. Reluctantly, she gave me a squeeze back; her way of telling me she was aware of my worrying.

Ji Son was going to be her sister, no; stepsister. Either way, that b**** was still going to be part of Seol's new family and after all she's done to Seol, I won't stand for her hurting her even more. Ever since Ji son arrived to the scene, I had taken Seol outside for fresh air. I gave her my jacket as we overlooked the city lights from above the balcony. 

"Tao-ah." 

"Hm?"

"Ji Son-sshi is going to be my sister-to-be." I heavily sighed, anger again rising in me. But unlike me, Seol smiled. There was no sign of fear or sadness;  moreover, she actually looked... happy?

She turned to me. Shock was still there in her eyes, but it was covered with a layer of confusing happiness. "Seol-ah, are you okay?" She slowly nodded. "Why?" I sat next to her in disbelief. I inched closer to her face to examine her sudden attitude carefully. She sat there confused. "What?" 

"You're happy that she's going to be part of your family now?" We sat there facing each other until she nodded. "I mean, if our parents are in love, why don't I give her a second chance? Maybe, we could get along as sisters." I nearly cringed when she said the word 'sister', but didn't, just for the sake of Seol. Though, I did smile at her kindness. "Seol-ah, you're too nice." She smiled cheekily at me. "Isn't that why you like me?" I smirked at her sudden cockiness. "Yeah." She giggled. "Let's go inside now Tao-ah, we'll catch a cold." I nodded as she took my hand and led me inside. 

The party was still ongoing as Seol and I stepped back inside. I suddenly regretted the fact that we went back in, considering the amount of people. We walked hand in hand down the stairs to find that the adults who came to the party were nearly drunk. I rolled my eyes. To see so many 'responsible people' this drunk was unbelievable. 

"Hey, you!" Coming up the stairs was a man, who looked like he was in his mid-forties. He came closer to us and I immediately smelt alcohol on him. Seol backed away as she smelt it as well. 

"You, aren't you Adams daughter?" Seol nodded. "Ah, yes sir." He then gave her a greasy grin. "Just, just tell her that.... that I said congrads again; aigoo.... where am I?" "Ah, ye---" Without even finishing her sentence, the man shoved her aside to go up the stairs. Out of instinct, Seol tripped and immediately I reached out for her. 

I felt her grip tighten around my shoulders as I watched her eyes squeeze shut. I chuckled as I held onto her. "I'm not going to let you fall~" She peeked an eye open and I saw her blush. I closed the gap between us as I set Seol steady. She was still gripping onto me, she cheeks still red. "I'll.... I'll get us something to, something to drink." She let go out of embarrassment and carefully made her way down the stairs as I watched her and laughed.

heirs11-00250.jpg  The_Heirs-0054.jpg

Seol's (Your) POV

By the time I got down the stairs I touched my face. It was burning hot with full embarrassment. Although I was thankful for Tao being there, again. I turned to find Tao making is way to our table. I smiled as I grabbed two glasses of water before a hand grabbed onto mine. 

"Ji Son." she looked at me with her dark eyes. "Were you part of their plan?" "Plan?" She could only scoff at me. "Their marriage you idiot!" 

I yanked my arm out of her grip and looked at her. "No, and how is being in love a plan?" She glared at me. "What?" This time it was I who looked at her with a glare. "How is being in love a plan? Can't you give your father happiness for once?!" I took a deep breath in as I looked at her with a softer gaze. "Ji Son, can't we try to get along now? Our parents are getting married without a doubt, and we'll be sisters. Can't we just try?" 

Suddenly, she grinned. But not the ones that give off an aura of happiness, moreover; it was a grin of complete 'evil'. She stepped closer to me until her voice reached my ear.

"You and me... we will never get along, let alone being sisters." With that stuck in my mind, she stepped back and smirked, leaving me completely dazed. 

I snapped my head out of it before grabbing the glasses of water and headed for Tao. I took a seat next to him as I handed him his glass. "Thanks." "Oh... yeah." Tao looked at me upon hearing my weird response. "Seol-ah, you okay?" I nodded in the silence. "Yeah, I'm just a little tired, that's all." I drank my water in sips as Tao stood up. "Let's go then, I'll take you home."

I hesitated a bit, but eventually nodded. Tao nodded in response as he stood up  to find umma, getting permission to leave with me. I stood up and got our coats from the main entrance. I put mine on and waited for Tao to come out.

He came out a few minutes later, with keys in his hand. "Mr. Hwang gave me his car keys." My eyes widened. "Really? But we could've taken the bus though..." Tao shook his head. "Ani. It's late and how knows how many sick people are out on the streets." I smirked. "But that's why I have you with me." 

I silently laughed seeing him blush as I stood up and helped him get his coat on. "Let's go." I gave out a hand and Tao took it as he led me outside. "Mr. Hwang told me his car was in the V.I.P parking spaces. We went through the exit to the parking lot and Tao pressed the button. A car on the far right corner of the lot blinked open. My eyes widened.

Jaguar_XJ_2010_Silver_Studio.jpg

"Never in my life have a seen a car like this, being that we live in a traditional place. "Seol, is it your first time seeing a car?" Tao jokingly pulled me closer to him. "I blinked. "Ani, it's just that this car looks expensive... and shiny. Yah, be careful when you drive it, okay?" "You don't trust me? If you may know, I am a great driver." Tao pouted and I squeezed his hand.

"Ani, I trust you."

We walked towards the car and Tao held the door open for me. Once he got in, he started the ignition and we left the lot. 

No One's POV

An hour later, Tao pulled up in front of Seol's home as he carefully turned off the engine. "Seol-ah, we're he---" He unbuckled his seatbelt as he found Seol asleep, her face covered with her wavy black hair.

He smiled as he opened her door and unbuckled her seatbelt. Carefully making sure she wouldn't wake, Tao carried her in his arms. HE walked to the door, unlocked it and slid it open. He quickly took off his shoes and walked over to Seol's room as he gently laid her down in her bed. As he did, Seol's eyes fluttered open. 

"Oh, we're home." Tao smiled. "Yeah, so much for not waking you." He bent down as he helped her take of her shoes. He stepped out for a moment to take them outside. Seol helped out and started to take off her earrings and necklace. Tao came back in and found Seol looking through her clothes before she pulled out something. 

"Here, you wear this." Tao received a baggy tee and some sweat pants. "It's late, and maybe you would want to stay over? Umma told we she would take care with Mr. Hwang at his place, so..." "where's the bathroom?" Seol smiled as she pointed in the bathroom direction. Tao quickly kissed her on her cheek and left the room.

Seol went towards the bathroom in her room as she removed all make-up from her face. She carefully slipped out of her dress, making sure that nothing was ripped, after all; Mr. Hwang had bought it for her. She quickly put her hair in a messy bun as she stepped out of bathroom and into the living room.

There, Tao was already in his clothes as he waited for Seol to come out. "So I'll sleep on the couch then?" Seol shook her head. "Ani, that couch is way too rough, trust me. My room though..." Tao smirked as Seol blushed. He ruffled her hair as he went inside. There he found a mattress on the floor with some pillows and a blanket. 

Seol jumped onto her bed as she watched Tao sit on his. "Is it uncomfortable?" He shook his head. "Ani." He laid down in his bed as he turned to Seol, who was also laying down. 

They stared at each other for a while, hearing nothing but the sound of their breath. "Goodnight Tao~" Seol smiled tiredly. "Goodnight Seollie~" She turned off her side lamp turned her bed. In the dark, Seol fiddled with the only piece of jewelry she kept on. Tao's ring. She fiddled with it in bed as she turned in the dark to face Tao. 

"Tao-ah." There was no answer. She sighed as if she had actually heard an answer.

"I love you~"

"I love you too Seol-ah." She flinched. "Yah," she said calmly, "you scared me..." 

Just then, from outside Seol's window something fell. Seol jumped out from her bed and immediately fell onto Tao. "Ah, I'm sorry... I just heard something outside, listen." Tao held in his groan as he heard the noise as well. He sat up, holding Seol in a defensive matter. Just then, Seol's window creaked opened open. Seol froze in Tao's arms as he only held her tighter. 

The lights suddenly switched open and Seol gasped. In front of them was another person, someone who didn't look as pleased as Tao did...

 

Jung Hoseok.

 

c29a5102.BTS(1920_1080).jpg  (J-Hope/Hoseok is the second person from left to right)

 

 

 

 

 

 

***** Hello every reader, it's Justmyself5! Ahhh, today is my last daily update. *pouts* I have school starting again tomorrow. I'm really sorry that the last few chapter are a bit lame and if the a little, I've been really out of it; I'm sorry. I tried to focus on the Seol+Tao relationship, as well as the surprising, but not so surprising news about Seol's family and Jo Son's. Thank you all for reading, and please bear with me for I can't update daily anymore -.-*****