Chapter thirty-one

EXO's Dream Girl

No One's POV

"I'm not leaving." Kai looked at Tao, as he glared at him. Before either of the two could get another word out, the door slid open.

"Omo, is that Seol's friend, Kim Jongin-sshi?" Both men turned to see Seol's mother wavering at the doorway, J-hope standing right behind her. She looked terrible. With bags under her eyes, Mrs. Adams was also very pale. 

"Oh... hello, mother. Yes, it is Jongin. How are you?" She smiled. "Omo, Jongin-ah, I'm doing better, but... what happened to you dear?" Instantly, her motherly instincts kicked in as he walked towards Kai's face, full of cuts and bruises from his fight yesterday. "Ahhh, I'm fine mother. You, you should sit down, you look very tired." "Ahhhh, I should, shouldn't I?" 

Kai limped over to help her get seated next to her daughter. "Omo. Thank you Jongin-ah." With guilt, nothing was said; Kai just smiled and sat across form her. Mrs. Adams turned her head suddenly. "Tao-sshi, come here and sit next to Jongin, Hoseok-ah, you too. Both wavered but cocked a smile for a tired mother. 

Tao glared at Kai as he sat down next to him. Because he was seated in the middle, Hoseok also had no choice but to sit next to Kai as well. "Ahh right!" Mrs. Adams bent down to the bag she had carried in. "Omo, you boys must be hungry. I took this from the hospital cafeteria. It may not be good, but it will help with the hunger, here." From the bag, she gave each of the boys a packaging for bread. "Ah, thank you mother, but you should also eat as well." Tao said with a smile. "I'm fine Tao-sshi." Mrs. Adams looked over at the door. "Your friends are also outside right? I'll be right back, I'm going to give them something to eat as well." With that, Mrs. Adams shakily got up from her seat and left the room.

Once she left, Kai took a big bite from his piece of bread. He didn't even eat since he was in the infirmary all of last night. He chewed it while looking at Seol. She was still in her deep slumber, and she looked... peaceful. Though no matter how peaceful she looked as she slept, he was the reason on why she was here in the first place. 

Mrs. Adams then came walking in, followed by what looked to be Seol's doctor in hand. The door was left open, just enough for the other members to get a glimpse of Seol. 

"Yes, Mrs. Adams, I believe that is what happened. Whatever the doctor said, Mrs. Adams was in tears. "Ahhh... yes... um, thank you doctor." "Mother, what did he say? Is Seol going to be alright?" Hoseok immediately got up and assisted the her on her way back to her seat. "He... he doesn't know exactly what happened to Seol, but it resembled some sort a heart constriction, due to pressure forcefully applied on her chest area. Tao overheard what Mrs. Adams had said and immediately set his gaze on Kai. Kai, who had also overheard was staring at Seol, wishing he was the one in the bed right now. 

Mrs. Adams rapidly wiped her tears as she stood up next to Hoseok. "I think it is best if we just let Seol rest, uh? We can all.... we can all check on her tomorrow... right? She looked around the room, as the boys nodded their heads. One by one, they left the room, but not without saying goodbye to Seol first. 

"Goodnight Seol-ah, get better soon, okay? Promise me that you will get better~"

___________________________________________________

_____________________________________________

________________________________________

Suho's POV

The universtiy without Seol felt empty. There was no one you would smile as brightly as she would, no one as caring to our members as she would be. It was just empty. 

One week. 

One week had passed since Seol's admittance to the hospital. Kai hadn't showed up since then, and Tao was a complete wreck. Everyday, after school, the members and the girls would visit Seol, bringing her food, flowers, get-well cards; though we all knew they were going to rot, since no one would touch them. We did our best to comfort Seol's mother, we really did, but she as well, couldn't hold herself much longer. 

I had offered to respectfully pay for the hospital bills, but surprisingly, someone had already taken care of them. Not even Mrs. Adams knew who it was. 

Because there was so many of us, we would all chose individual days to go to the hospital to see Seol. Today, was my day to go. I bid the members a goodbye as they left to their dorms. I put my car in drive and left the campus parking lot and soon, arrived at the hopsital's. Being here for so much, I bowed to the nurses at the reception office and headed my way up to the 5th floor. I carefully opened the door to see that I wasn't going to be alone. 

"Kai".

Hastily, he turned around. "Oh, hyung... you're here. I should... go then." "Aniyah, it's fine. You can stay here." I took off my coat and pulled up a seat next to Kai. "How long have you been here?"  I turned to Kai, noticing his weary expression. "All day." It was nearly 7:30 by now. 

"Kai, you should get some rest, you don't look---" "I deserve this." I looked at him in confusion. "What?" "I. Deserve.This." Kai looked at me with his dark eyes. "Hyung, Seol is here because of me. I should be the one on this bed, I should be the one suffering hyung!" I took his arms and hugged him as hard as I could. Once I did, Kai let go of his emotions. His tears drenched my shirt from behind. "Hyung! It should've been me! It's all my fault! It's all my fault..." I tightened my grip on him, my own emotions threatening to come out of me. "Kai, it's not your fault... you didn't mean to hurt her---" "But I still did! Hyung, I hurt her, I hurt Seol!" With that I released my grasp on pulled him away from me, making him face me. "Listen to me. This is not your fault. It was an accident. Look at yourself. Look what you're doing to yourself. Do you think Seol would be happy if she saw you like this?!" Kai sniffled as he dropped his head low. I released him and ran my hand through my hair. 

At that moment, something started to beep. Kai and I looked up in unison to see Seol's scanner of blood pressure going up insanely high. We turned to Seol, as she also started to shake. I got up immediately and ran outside to call the nurse stationed outside. everything happened so fast. In a flash, there were bunches of nurses and doctors coming into Seol's room. I bumped into a nurse who was holding Kai's arm. "I'm sorry but, you visiters have to leave this room. I hastily nodded as we were escorted outside. The nurse ran back in Seol's room, the door sliding loudly behind her. 

I fell to the floor as Kai started to pace around the hallway. I didn't know what to do. I took out my phone and tried calling anyone. Seol's mother. The phone rung for a few moments, but there was no answer. Finally...

"Hello?" 

I gasped in relief. "Ah, yes, mother. Yes, this is Kim Joon Myun. Umm, Kai and I are at the hospital right now and something was going on with seol. the doctors are now inside with her." I could hear her crying over the other side of the conversation. I felt my own tears coming down as well.

"Ahhn yes, Joon Myun-sshi. Thank you for calling. I'll be there as fast as I can. Please watch over her well, okay?!" With that, Mrs. Adams hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket, joining Kai as he finally decided to  sit. 

5 minutes...

10 minutes...

15 minutes went by and yet the doctors were still in there. There was also no sign of Seol's mother either. I was about to call her once more before the door opened. Out came Seol's main doctor. Both Kai and I stepped in front of him. "Doctor, how is she?" Worry was filled in Kai's words. But who could blame him?

"Ahh, yes. The patient was experiencing a bit of shock as her heart had begun to pump more blood into her system, thus creating her B.P scanner to act up. We revived her heart to be at its normal rate and..."

"And?" The doctor looked at us.

"The patient is awake."

 

 

Was I dreaming, or was it reality? "Doctor. you are saying that she is awake now?" Kai's voice shook me out of my thoughts. I turned to the doctor who smiled at us both. "Yes. The patient is awake and in stable condition. Once her B.P went back to normal, her eyes shot open and the first words that came out of were 'can you call them inside?'" 

I smiled as Seol was also talking as well. "So, can we go inside doctor?" He nodded. "Go right on ahead." We bowed respectfully at a 90 degree angle as we stepped up to the room. One by one, the nurses and doctors slowly began to leave. We bowed at each and every one of them, forever grateful for reviving Seol. 

The last nurse held the door open. We bowed as we stepped inside. She closed the door behind us. Slowly, we walked over to her bed. Suddenly, Seol slowly moved her head and instantly, my tears fell. 

She smiled. After all this time, she was smiling.

large.gif     s.jpg  tumblr_static_crying_suho.gif

"Oppa... Jongin-ah... annyeong~" Her voice was raspy, but it was still hers.

 

 

 

*****A/N: Thank you roses14 for the poster... I finally have one~~~*****