Chapter thirty-four

EXO's Dream Girl

Chanyeol's POV

Hurt.

I smiled as did everyone else, but inside, I knew I was hurting. I was supposed to be happy for both of them, but why... why do I feel as if my heart was broken?

"Hyung?" I blinked again to see Kai eyeing me suspiciously. I gave the best fake smile towards him. I was pretty sure he bought as he returned back to talking with Seol.

I followed his actions and also sat in Seol's bed. Once I did, Tao pouted. "Ah, hyung!" I scoffed as he tried to push me off. "Yah, you get a girlfriend and you treat your hyungs like this?!" "Right, Tao-ah, let him sit." Seol smiled as Tao stopped his efforts.

I rearranged myself as Tao put an arm around Seol. I quickly turned away, pretending that I heard something. 

"Oh oppa!" I turned to see Seol's bright eyes. "Oh, what?" She smiled.

"Can oppa play the guitar for me?" 

"I rubbed the back of my neck. "I didn't bring my guitar Seol-ah---" "Use mine. It's over there." 

My eyes wandered over to one of the seats. There it was. Seol's guitar case was there. I stood up and pulled my shirt down as I walked over to the guitar. I carefully unlocked the case to find the guitar. I pulled it out as showed Seol. She nodded in excitement. "What should I play?" She only shrugged. "Oppa, play what you want to play~" I cheekily smiled as I put the guitar on the case onto the floor as I sat in its place.

I strummed a bit as I looked around. It amazed me to see that Seol's family already left as the members, the girls and J-Hope-sshi were the only ones here.

I strummed a couple more times before starting a piece for real. I really didn't know what I was playing, it was improv... my feelings wrapped into the imaginary piece. Some parts would be rather happy, while others sounded as if someone died. Either way, I let the music take control as my feelings slowly jumped off of what I was playing. 

Kai's POV

'What's wrong with him?' I thought. Chanyeol hyung was in the midst of playing on Seol's guitar. Everyone turned to watch him happily, although I knew that hyung wasn't too happy; I should know--- I grew up with the damn person. 

There was definitely something wrong with him. I caught that earlier as well. He wasn't his lively self, moreover, he looked sad, depressed. 

Hyung finished his made up piece as we clapped. "Waw, oppa, that was amazing!" Seol sat up from her bed and clapped. I smiled as I turned back to Chanyeol hyung. He also smiled, a fake one at that. It was the same one he had given me earlier. 

Soon, everyone went back to their individual conversations as Chanyeol hyung knelt down to put Seol's guitar case away. That was my chance to ask him what was wrong. 

I limped over to where he was as I knelt down with him. he looked up for a second, acknowledging who I was. "Oh, Kai-yah, what's wrong?" I scoffed. "I should be asking you that hyung." He finished putting Seol's guitar away as he sat in the seat next to mine. "Me? Nothing's wrong---" "Hyung, stop lying and tell me already." 

He turned to look at me. "What?" "What?" I mimicked his fake act as he glared. "Yah, nothing's wrong with me." He then turned over to stare at something for a quick second before acting as if he was playing with his fingers. I followed his quick gaze and mentally face-palmed myself...

It was Seol. 

To think of it really, ever since Tao announced to everyone that he and Seol were now a couple, he was acting a little strange. I silently gasped, finally understanding the plain situation. I quickly stood up as I grabbed Chanyeol hyung's arm with me. "What the hell?!" I rolled my eyes as I pulled him to stand up with me as well. "Just come out for a second." "No." "Hyung, seriously, just for a second.... help me get coffee." I lied. It was fortunate that hyung, being the idiot he is, heavily sighed as he stood up with me. He headed out the door as I followed.

"Jongin-ah, Chanyeol oppa, where are you guys going?" I turned to see Seol, as she stopped midway to feeding Tao a tangerine. "Oh... we're just going out to have a coffee break, we'll be right back." I smiled as she nodded, continuing to feed Tao. I closed the room door as I already found Chanyeol hyung, at the coffee vending machine.

"Yah, which one do you want?" He turned to me. "Just give me what your're having." He sighed as he took another coin out of his pocket and pushed in some buttons. In a few moments, the coffee came out and he handed me mine. "Thanks." 

We decided to sit out for a while, seeing how there were way too many people who were in Seol's room. I took a sip of my coffee, as did Chanyeol. 

"You like Seol, don't you hyung?"

With my statement, Chanyeol hyung spat out his coffee, coughing a little in between. He could only glare at me as he wiped his mouth with his hand. "Yah, what the hell?!"

"It's true, right?" I calmly drank.

"Yah, have you gone mental?!" I smirked. "Hyung, you know when you lie you tend to answer my questions with your own irrelevant?" I could clearly hear him gulp and I chuckled. It still hurt to, but this was just priceless.

"I.... I don't do that." I sighed as I turned to him. "Oh really?" He could only turn away from me. "Don't you think we should go back inside now?--- crap." I chuckled once more as he caught himself. "Hyung, you like Seol, don't you?" 

Slowly, he turned to me and sigh in defeat. "Does it even matter at this point? She's going out with Tao now..." "Hyung, of course it matters. It had been so long since you found a girl to like. Let out your feelings to your trusted dongsaeng~"

​He turned to me and scoffed. "Trusted dongsaeng my ." He remained silent for a few moments. 'Just wait for it in 3... 2... 1 and...'

"I mean, I was the first person to meet her, Tao; Tao just "fell in love" at first sight. I, I actually got to know her." I smiled. "But didn't Seol say that she met Suho hyung in high---" "That doesn't count. I meant time now!" I patted his back as he exhale deeply. He then turned to me. "Do you think I should've made a move like Tao?" I sighed as he asked something so stupid. "Hyung, are you so sad that you're comparing yourself to Tao now?" 

"Yah, that's not what I meant," he sat back, "But she's going to be Tao now. My feelings don't matter anymore." That was where my hand hit his back, and we both winced. "Yah!" I could only give him a sympathetic look. "Hyung." 

"What?" 

"Just wait. But for the time being, let's be happy for Tao and Seol, okay? She deserves it." Hyung could only smile. "Yeah, she does." 

Seol's (Your) POV

"Yah, stop it.. Tao-ah... AHH~" It was already late and everyone left... minus Tao and Hoseok oppa. Kai and Chanyeol just left and I was still arguing with Tao. "Yah, you can come tomorrow." He pouted. "Ani, I want to saty here with you~" "N.O. Tao-ah, you can't." "Why?" 

"Because---"

"Because the nurses are telling us to leave." We both turned to find oppa's blank stare towards Tao. I sighed as Tao released me from his tight hug. "Fine. But I'm coming tomorrow." I gave him a small smile. "Okay, annyeong~" I received yet another small kiss on my cheek as we was putting on his coat. I helped him with his scarf. As he was headed put the door, he suddenly turned to me. "Oh, wae?" He only smiled. "Goodnight... jagi-yah~" I smiled as I put a hand to my face. "Yah!" Before I could say anything else, he ran out the door. 

"Seriously, that guy..." For the slightest moment, I almost forgot that Hoseok oppa was still here. I immediately fixed my facial expression and looked to him. "Oppa..." 

He only gave me a insincere smile. "What?"

"Oppa, please don't be mad at me." 

He sighed as he moved towards my bed and sat down. "Seol-ah, I'm not mad." I silently scoffed. "Liar." 

He cocked his head towards me, staring at me intensely. I immediately set my eyes to the other side of the room. I knew that he was mad... and hurt, and I didn't know how to make him feel better, especially in this type of situation. 

"Did you say no to me because he asked first?" 

I gulped. I hated these type of relationship questions. "Hm?" I was still not looking at him.

"Seol-ah, don't play deaf." I slowly looked over at him. His gaze lessened, seeing how uncomfortable I was, but nevertheless, he was looking right at me. 

"Ani... oppa asked first before Tao." I reached the point to where our eyes met contact and we just... stood there. 

"Ah, I see." My facial expression saddened. "Oppa---"

"Ani. You don't have to say anything, Seol-ah. Just... just be happy with him, okay?" 

Surprised, I eyes every part of his face... it showed no signs of insincerity. I raised my eyebrows at him, but said nothing. Just then my phone buzzed. I snapped out of my gaze with Hoseok oppa, as my eyes landed on the screen. 

 

From: Tao~

thumb.jpg

Seollie~~~ My Seollie~~~ I already miss you *pouts* Sleep well tonight, okay? I'll see you tomorrow~

 

I held in my smile at the text, knowing oppa was looking. I put my phone away before he could look. "Sorry oppa.. that was---"

"Tao?" I sighed as I nodded. 

We stood in silence as Hoseok slowly stood up. A nurse came into my room. "Visitor, you have 5 minutes until visiting hours are closed." I turned to oppa who gave his signature smile. "Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll be out soon." The nurse smiled as she closed the door. Oppa then turned to me. He put on his coat as I handed him his hat.  

Just as he was about to leave, he stopped in this tracks.

"Oppa?" He turned to me and smiled.

"Seol-ah."

"Hm?" 

"Do you remember I what I said when I confessed to you?" 

I thought for a moment, coming out with many possible answers. "Umm, you said---" 

Everything suddenly went in slow motion as Hoseok oppa came towards me once more... this time, kissing my forehead. 

Seeing my faint expression, he smiled. "I said... I will wait for you." 

With nothing but that said, he messed my hair slightly as he walked out of the room.

"Aish..." I sighed frustrated as I laid back down in my bed, trying my best to close my eyes. 'Why does this happen to me?' I thought. 'Why me?'  

        Rainbow_Blaxx_style_film_jaekyung_1.jpg  BTS-image-bts-36078763-500-667.jpg