Chapter thirty-six

EXO's Dream Girl

Seol's POV

"Finally~" I gasped as I was assisted by some nurses as I finally stood up from my bed. Not being able to stand up for at least the two weeks I was put into this bed was horrible. I really didn't like it when people had to do stuff I could do. 

Though, because I haven't moved my legs in so long, I almost fell. Fortunately, Chanyeol oppa caught me. "Omo, thank you oppa." I smiled as he carefully led me alongside the nurses. "Yah, you have to be more careful." He stated as he held the elevator door open for me. I scoffed lightly. "I know, I know. It's been a while since I've walked, the doctors would just put me on a gurney every time I would travel." 

The elevator door finally opened as the nurses led me to the hospital's lobby. This was actually my first time seeing it, since I wasn't permitted to leave my room, unless it was to get my heart examined again. Other than that, I just sat there, bored out of my mind when neither of my friends or family would come. 

"Baek Seol-sshi?" I turned to one of the nurses. "Ah, yes?" "You can  sit here for the time being, we will be right back for your medication." I smiled as they bowed and left. Taehyung sat next to me, his head immediately positioning itself on my shoulder. Jongin and Chanyeol oppa sat across from me, as they offered umma the seat next to me. Kai passed me another rice treat as my eyes wnadered around the hosital lobby. 

I never realized hoe big the place actually was. It didn't have such a cozy feeling as the local hospital near home. This hopsital looked new and... huge. Well patients of all ages were constantly coming in and out with family and friends as well. In a matter of time, the place started to become very loud and lively as everyone who was visiting were in their fine wear to celeabrate the new year. 

We stuck out like a sore thumb as my family were the only ones who had gone traditional in wearing the hanboks. It didn't matter to me though. Being cultural was a big thing for us. I was just a little sad that I couldn't wear mine because again, it was prohibited. 

Ever so suddenly, my eyes stopped and I slowly stood up, trying to get a better view. "Oh! They have one!" Everyone turned to me as I limped my way towards the object. Jongin in helped me move, as well as Chanyeol  oppa. They followed my excited eyes. As they did, they somewhat fastened their pace... In my favor. 

"Kyahhh~ they have a piano."

Piano01.zip_thumbnail1.jpg

I giggled as they helped me get seated. I immediately wiggled my fingers in excitement as I opened the cover. It was fortunate that all thI giggled as they helped me get seated. I immediately wiggled my fingers in excitement as I opened the cover. It was fortunate that all the keys were still in tack, hopefully they were still in tune. "Excuse me, miss?" We turned over to find a young girl looking at me. 
 

"Ah, yes?" "Unnie, are you going to play the piano?" I hesitantly nodded my head before closing the piano's case. "Ah, I'm sorry, am I not supposed to touch it?" I started to stand up, but she stopped me. "Aniyo, unnie." The girl smiled at me. "It's just that no one has played that thing for a long time.... but it would be nice if someone would play it again, considering the time I've been here." 

I looked up at the girl. "You've been here for a while then? I'm sorry, but I never got your name." I smiled at the girl as she smiled back. "Ah, yes, my name is Lee Seo Mi. And, yes, I've been here for a while now. I was in a accident, and as you can see..." I looked down to where she was pointing and I gasped. It was just at that moment that I realized the Seo Mi-sshi was in a wheel-chair. 

"Omo, I'm sorry, Seo Mi-sshi." She smiled. "It's okay, I've grown used to it." I immediately bowed, realizing that I haven't even introduced myself, and yet; I knew some things about her. "Ah, where are my manners? Lee Seo Mi-sshi, I am Baek Seol Adams. And this is Kim Jongin in and Park Chanyeol." I smiled as I pointed to them and they bowed. 

"But, please call me Kai, Lee Seo Mi-sshi." I rolled my eyes as she smiled. "Ah... yes." She nodded at Kai as she then turned to me. "Unnie... are you going to play?" I watched as she rolled her wheelchair closer to the piano and she lifted the covers once more. I smiled as I playfully cracked my fingers. "What do you want to hear?" I almost laughed seeing her expression light up. "Can you play 'A Goose's Dream'?" 

Once hearing the request, my expression lit up just as bright as hers. "Omo, I love that song!" She giggled. "Me too!" We laughed for a few moments as we stopped to find the boys looking over at us. "What?" "Nothing, nothing." Jongin smiled as he nudged oppa. I chuckled. I guess it was their first time seeing me acting like the "mental" person I was. "Anyway, let's start, shall we?" I turned back to Seo Mi as she nodded happily.  

Within a few moments, my fingers laid themselves onto the keys as I started to play.

Chanyeol's POV

We watched as Seol closed her eyes as she played away. I couldn't help but smile at the fact she was doing this all by ear, without any sheet music in front of her. Seol just became a better musician in my eyes... not that I already knew that though. 

"Hyung, look." I snapped my gaze off of Seol to turn to Kai. "Huh?" "Look." I turned over to see where he was pointing exactly and once I did, I let out a small chuckle. 

As soon as Seol started to play, the people in the lobby looked over to her, happy with what they were hearing. Everyone in the lobby were looking over at Seol as she played. Mrs. Adams smiled proudly at her daughter, although Seol didn't see it. Suddenly, she started to sing along to Seol's music.

At first, people looked over at her like she was crazy or something. But because it was a new year, and hearing the sweet melody of the piano, one by one, every one had started to sing along, Kai and I included. It was pretty shocking though. No music made would make Kai sing, he gave off the aura of a person, who wasn't the type to sing. Because of that, Kai gave up any inability to want to sing. All this time, he kept that inside, and now, because of Seol, he opened up... even if it was just a little. 

This just adds on to a list of things I.... 'admire' about her. I sighed, trying to keep myself calm as I felt the thumping in my heart. Seol ended the piece in a swift motion as she re-opened her eyes. Clapping was heard for miles as she realized that the people were clapping for her. "Omo." I helped her stand up as she faced the crowd of relatives and patients. Mrs. Adams jumped up and down, cheering for her daughter. 

I saw Seol smile as she slowly, but calmly bowed. "Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Be healthy~~~" She yelled as everyone yelled back their warm comments. Kai and I split up. I helped Seol walk back over to her spot as Kai helped Seo Mi-sshi move in her wheelchair. 

"Omo, my niece is amazing! I am proud! Unlike this kid, aigoo." Seol chuckled as her aunt hit Taehyung-sshi in the back of the head. "Ah! Umma!" 

"Imo," Seol started off. "My Taehyung-nie is a talented boy." She laughed as Taehyung glared at her. "Yah, you don't want the compliment, I'll take it back---" "Ani-yah, noona!" He yelled as he plopped himself next to her. I watched and smiled as Seol pulled him into a headlock, hugging him as tight as she could. "Aigoo~" 

​He pulled out as Taehyung abruptly stopped, only to try and fix his hair. Both Seol and I turned and found Seo Mi and Kai coming up towards them. "Unnie, that was amazing, you're so talent---Oh, hello." Seo Mi-sshi bowed towards Seol's family. Taehyung returned it immediately. I chuckled. I knew that feeling.

"Hello, my name is Lee Seo Mi. Nice to meet you." I looked over at Seol, who also smiled at me, then at her cousin. I had a feeling that she could also feel Taehyung's nervousness around Seo Mi. 

"Seo Mi-ah, this is my mother, aunt, uncle, and my cousin; Kim Taehyung." At the sound of his name, Taehyung looked at her with wide eyes. "Ah, yeah. my name is... is... that." I held in a laugh, as did Seol and Kai who were also witnessing the action happen. Seo Mi blushed faintly, as she lightly giggled. "Ah, yes. Nice to meet you Taehyung-sshi." 

Just then, I felt my phone ring: Umma.

"Hello?" 

"Oh, Chanyeol-ah, where are you and Jongin?! Our family is here. Yah, hurry up and come over, okay?! Hang up." 

I didn't even get a word in, hearing my mother so stressed, I knew that Kai and I had to go home. "Seol-ah." She turned to me with happy eyes before they turned to 'I-get-it' look. "Oppa, you guys can go, you have your family waiting for you." She smiled. I turned to Kai who already had his coat on, and was only waiting for me. 

I zipped my coat closed as I said my goodbyes to Mrs. Adams and Seol's relatives, Kai following me. "Oppa, Jongin-ah, come here!" We followed her orders and before we knew it, both of us were in Seol's arms.

 

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...

 

"Yah, thank you guys for being here today... it means a lot~" I heard her sigh as she slowly let us go. I felt a bit disappointed, but gathered myself together for Tao's sake. 

We were nearly by the main entrance as we heard Seol's voice, "OPPA. JONGIN-AH!" We turned to find Seol, shaking her hands in the air as she was waving at us. We both chuckled as we waved back. "YAH! TELL YOUR MOTHER, FATHER AND SISTER THAT I WISH THEM A HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, OK? IF NOT, I WILL FIND OUT!" 

"O.K, I GOT IT, ANNYEONG!!!" I yelled over to her. She smiled. Feeling satisfied, I turned to Kai and patted his back. "Let's go." he nodded as we both walked out. Kai called out for a taxi as I looked back and smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

***** Hello, everyone! So sorry for not updating yesterday. But as I said, I have a double update~~~ 

OH! Also, a new character. I'm still not sure if She'll be here entirely, but since she made her appearance, I guess we have another OC:

Juniel-Selca-juniel-31818193-375-500.jpg             Lee Seo Mi

All we know so far is that she is forever paralyzed by an accident she was in a while ago, and has now befriended Seol, Kai and Chanyeol.*****