Chapter forty-eight

EXO's Dream Girl

"Stop what you're doing right now."

 

Both Jimin ans Seol looked over to the bathroom door to find a very angry Hoseok. At the sight of his hyung, Jimin slowly took his hands off of Seol's body. Immediately, Seol took hold of her towel as she slowly fell to the ground. 

Hoseok had taken Jimin my the collar and glared into his eyes. "What the hell were you doing?!" His yell made his neck veins pop out as Jimin slightly smirked. He didn't even answer his hyung's question as he hazily turned to the broken Seol. "One day Baek Seol-sshi, he won't be here to save you." With that Hoseok had punched him hard in the nose. "Get out." He angrily stated. "Take your filthy girlfriend and get out."

Jimin glared at his hyung for calling his Ji Son filthy but because of his drunk condition, pushed the feeling off. "Sure thing hyung~" He sang as Hoseok literally pushed him out of the room. Once he did, he immediately turned to Seol, whose body was curled up to the wall at a corner, her knees burying her sobs. Hoseok's anger rose even more as he saw her like this as he sat down at a reasonable distance from her. 

"Seol-ah." He slowly took his arm out to pat her back in reassurance. By feeling his arm, Seol looked up from her knees, her red, puffy eyes meeting with Hoseok's angry yet sympathetic ones. "Oppa!" Time went as if everything was in slow motion. Seol had immediately took hold of Hoseok, his strong arms holding her on his lap as she began to sob even more. Every time her grip over his shoulders were to tighten, his grip on her frail body would as well. 

Seeing another towel above him, Hoseok took one of his hands and grabbed it, slowly covering Seol's exposed back with it. "O--oppa, he... he tried to... he was taking the towel... and... and he started too.... his grip on me..." Seol sobbed to him. Hoseok tokk in a deep breath as he held her in his arms. "Shhhhh, Seol-ah. It's okay now. You're safe with me." With that, Hoseok had pulled apart from Seol, slowly facing his crying best friend. He took his hands and held her cheeks, wiping the tears the fell away from her face. "As long as I'm here, I won't let anyone hurt you, okay? I love you too much for anyone to hurt you. I'll protect you." Seol's tears nevertheless continued to fall, but she still had the strength to carry on a small, sincere smile. 

"Thank you Hoseok oppa." She muttered through his tears and he smiled. "Now, let's get you in some real clothes, shall we?" Hoseok stood up, holding his hand out of Seol. Once she got up, he took her stuff and led her out of the bathroom and into one of the bed rooms. 

"Seol-ah. You're sleeping with me tonight." He stated as he put her stuff down. He turned and upon seeing her widened expression, he chuckled. "Don't worry. See?" Hoseok pointed at the two twin beds in the room. " was supposed to share with Taehyung, but I guess he wouldn't mind switching room arrangements. Now, go get dressed. I'll check to see if that bastard left yet." He gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll wait for you downstairs." Seol could only nod as she watched him exit the room. Rummaging through her things, she found the a long-sleeved shirt to go with her baggy pajama pants. This time locking the door of the room, she stripped of the towel, immediately putting on her clothes. "As she combed her hair, Seol watched herself in the mirror. The fear that had once took over her was slowly subsiding, although there was still something on her mind. "Did Ji Son unnie make him do that?"


"Ji Son-ah." 

"Hmmmm, five more minutes oppa."

"I can't do that this time. Wake up Ji Son-ah." 

In annoyance, Ji Son's eyes slowly fluttered open. It only took her a few seconds to realize that they weren't at the venue anymore, they were in Jimin's car. "Oppa, what are we doing? I thought we were staying for the night." Jimin looked at her then back at the road. "We were, but Hoseok hyung kinda got angry as to what I did to her beloved best friend, so here we are." Ji Son's ears perked up upon hearing this. "Why? What did you do?" At the stop light, Jimin had taken Ji Son's hand in his as he smiled. "Let's just say I saw a little too much skin than what I should have." Processing his words, Ji Son's eyes widened. "Oppa do you mean... that you were going to..." He nodded. "Tarnishing her would help lift your spirits right?" For once, Ji Son hesitated upon her answer. Of course she despised the younger girl, doing that to her was a bit much.

"Oppa, I acknowledge your efforts for me, but there are other, better ways to hurt her." Jimin's smile somewhat faded. Seeing this, Ji Son tightened her grip on his hand. "Oppa, I know you love me, even when I was with... him, and I'm thankful for that because I love you too. And because I love you, I don't want you to touch anyone but me, okay?" Jimin's smiled soon returned to his face as the light turned green. "Okay, Arasso, I get it. I'll find other ways." He kissed her hand as she giggled. "I love you too Ji Son-ah." 

Finally arriving at Ji Son's home, Jimin bid a farewell with a long, passionate kiss. After breaking it, Ji Son waved Jimin off until his car was completely out of her sight. Slowly she walked towards the front door, being greeted by the night guards as always. Of course, she paid no attention to them an shut the door once she got in. 

"Oh. Ji Son-ah." Ji Son rolled her eyes as she passed the woman. "Ji Son, can I please speak to you?" Ji Son stopped and turned her heels facing her soon-to-be stepmother. Taking the chance, she began to speak. "Ji Son-ah.... your father and I... tomorrow afternoon when Seol gets home, we have will go to try our formal wear for the wedding." Like Seol, her mother had the same habit of looking down when afraid to speak and Ji Son scoffed. "Formal wear, wedding...ha. I'll go mother; for my own reasons, but my actions will not change towards you and your daughter." "Ji Son," Seol's mother sighed. "I know I will never be your mother, nevertheless be a perfect family but, our joining is a new beginning for everyone. If you can't yet accept me as a mother figure, accept me as your caretaker-- friend even." 

Upon hearing his, instead of having the warm fuzzy feeling someone should have when having these talks, all Ji Son felt was annoyance. "I'd rather die than accept this family coming together." With that, Ji Son continued her way upstairs, slamming her bedroom door in the process.

*

"Why is everyone so annoying?!" Ji Son screamed as soon as she fell to her bed. Her room was dark as always, but dark was the only comforting to her. She somewhat knew it was her drunk self talking but it really didn't matter as she rolled over to the end of her bed, pulling a drawer from under, she found something that pained her, yet comforted her at the same time...

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=77774490

"Kai-yah." She softly let out. Of course she had the picture on her phone, but ever since she said yes to Jimin, she deleted everything related to Kai for she knew Jimin was quite possessive. Although she had kept this one picture. It was one picture that brought back only happy memories.

 

-FLASHBACK-

"Kai~" Ji Son giggled as she watched her boyfriend slightly fidget. It was finally their first year of high school and everything was going smoothly. Being it that both of them were in a dancing team, everyone knew them. 

It was vacation yet the two wanted to practice for their upcoming competition. After hours of practicing, Kai was asleep on the dance floor as Ji Son watched him. Countless times she would try to wake him up but Kai was the stubborn type. "Five more minutes..." He mumbled as Ji Son poked him again. She sighed as she instantly thought of an idea. She took her phone as she sat up, crossed-legged.

"Kai~~~~~" Ji Son took a deep breath and leaned in closer to give a small peck on Kai's cheek. Almost immediately, Kai's eyes shot open. He sat up and watched in a daze as Ji Son took a picture. "Oh my god, I knew that would wake you up." She laughed. Although they have been dating for around a year now, the two never shared a real first kiss. Cheek kisses didn't count, for it was always Kai who did the first move, but this time it was Ji Son. 

"Ji Son-ah." She turned to him and was immediately met with Kai's lips. Her eyes widened as Kai pulled back, a playful smirk on his face. "That's our real first kiss..." Ji Son said blankly. Kai chuckled as he laid back down. The time was so perfect that Ji Son took another picture (one above now). "Yah, why do you keep taking pictures?" She shrugged as she laid down in his arms. "I just want to remember this day~"

-END FLASHBACK-

"We broke up, but why do I keep coming back to you? I just don't get it." Ji Son held the picture tightly before putting it back in the drawer. She once again cuddled in her dark room...

"Why do I still love you?" 

And with full knowledge Ji Son knew it wasn't her drunken self speaking... it was her.


"Good morning ugly." Seol fluttered her eyes open to find Hoseok's bright face right in hers. "Who are you calling ugly, ugly?" She muttered as she sat up in the bed stretching. "Well, the members are awake and breakfast is made downstairs so hurry and wash up. The members said that the venue rental is due in the afternoon." Hoseok smiled as got up from her bed, leaving her to get ready. 

Once ready, Seol gathered the rest of her stuff to be packed up later as she headed downstairs. "Good morning noona." Taehyung cheekily smiled at her and she did the same. Taking a seat next to Hoseok, he handed her a plate of food and she began to eat. 

"Does anyone know why Jimin hyung left last night?" A simple question made Seol wearily look up, gulping her food down. Hoseok noticed this and patted Seol's shoulder. "He said that his girlfriend wasn't feeling well so he took her home." Hoseok could've won an award for his acting in Seol's eyes. Of course she knew he was still angry but his facial and vocal actions were charmingly normal. The rest of the members nodded as they finished their food, leaving the two behind as they went upstairs to pack their things up. 

"So is everything okay? He didn't touch you for real right?" Hoseok sounded concerned but Seol reassured him with a small smile. "I'm fine because you saved me... again." Hoseok smiled. "That's what I'm here for. Now, finish your food so we can leave." Seol nodded. "Sure thing umma~" The two snickered as they finished Seol's food together.

*

After dropping Seol off, she waved at the van full of guys. "Annyeong noona!" Taehyung screamed through the window and Seol giggled. "Annyeong Taehyung-ah!" She shook her head playfully as she was greeted by front guards. They bowed and she bowed back. "Good morning Seol adjasshi." Out from the front, Ms. Lee came out. "Please get her luggage up to her room please." The guard bowed as he took her things. Seol thanked him and immediately after, Seol's mother came out. 

"Oh, umma." She said. "Where are you going?" the two hugged as Ji Son stepped out as well. "Where are you guys going?" Seol's mother smiled as she took hold of one of her daughter's arms. "We all are going to get out dresses~"