Chapter eleven

EXO's Dream Girl

No One's POV

The rest of the school week was winding down and it was time for freshmens to take their midterms. After testing, Seoul Arts give their their students a 2 week break away from school for christmas break. 

"Seol-ah, did you study for your physics course yet?" "Haha, no. I'm going to though." Bora and Seol were in their dorms studying for their midterms tomorrow. Everything was back to normal. Seol was sitting with the exo sunbaenims again, and the was no Ji Son, or Kai around. Seol was in the midst of studying when a text came. she opened her phone as it read: 

From: Suho Oppa

Seol-ah, are you busy?

To: Suho Oppa 

I'm studying for midterms. Why oppa?

From: Suho Oppa

Exo and I were going out for a while out of campus. I was going to ask if you and Bora wanted to come with us.

To: Suho Oppa

Omo! Oppa! We would love that, but we have to stuy for tomorrow.

From: Suho Oppa

Ahh~ Ok. Good night.

She closed her phone and was bombarded with questions from Bora. "Who was that?" "It was Suho oppa. He asked if we wanted to come with them for a while out of campus. I declined him because we are studying." "Yah! Why did you say no?! I wanted to go! It would be a really good break from all the studying." Bora looked at Seol with desperate eyes. She really wanted to go out. Seol sighed. "Fine." With that, Seol took her phone once again and started to text Suho.

To: Suho Oppa

Oppa! Don't leave yet! We changed our minds. 

From: Suho Oppa

Really? I thought you guys were studying. 

To: Suho Oppa

We are. Bora thought it would be a good idea if we take a break with sunbaenims.

From: Suho Oppa

Oh. Okay. We'll wait for you guys at the gate. Oh... Seol, Kai is here also.

Seol froze. Kai sunbaenim was with them. She looked over at Bora who was already picking her clothers out and heading to the bathroom. For her happiness, she sighed and began to text again.

To: Suho Oppa

Oh... okay. We're be down in 10 minutes. See you guys there. 

With that, Seol put down her phone and changed out of her pj's. Grabbing her coat, Seol looked at the wall clock. 8:25p.m. "Yah! Bora! Hurry up, we were supposed to meet the sunbaenims 10 minutes ago, They probably left because your so slow." Finally stepping out of the bathroom, Bora was in a nice outfit tying her hair to a neat ponytail. "Okay, okay. I'm ready. Let's go." Seol laughed and closed the door behind them.

Suho's POV

We were standing in the front of the campus gate, awaiting for Seol and Bora to come down. They were 10 minutes late. I looked over that the other members. Some were sitting and some were standing and having small conversations. I looked over at Chanyeol and Kai.

They were as far as they could get from each other. Fact was, Kai was far away from everyone. He only decided to come when I had asked him. I thought this night out would help everyone get on the same level of forgiveness. I was startled when my phone rang. I read the caller ID: Seol~

I smiled and picked up. "Hello?" "Hello? Suho oppa? I'm so sorry we are running late." I could hear her panting. "We'll be there in 5 minutes." I laughed. "Seol-ah, you don't have to run. We're waiting for you just fine." "Oh, ok oppa. We'll be there soon. I'm hanging up." I smiled as she ended the call. Indeed within 5 minutes, I saw Seol and Bora running down to the gate. 

"OPPA!" I heard her yell. The others also turned and smiled when they saw Seol and Bora coming towards them. I looked over at Tao, his smile was from ear to ear. I laughed as I waved at Seol. She came down panting. She bowed at us first, then caught her breath. Bora, on the other hand was relaxed. She then bowed to us. I laughed. "Oppa, sunbaenims, I'm so sorry we are late." "It's alright Seol-ah! You're here now!" Seol smiled. "Thank you Tao-sshi." 

Tao's smile immediately dissappeared. "Seol-ah, we don't have to use honorfics with each other, we are the same age. Pleasee~ speak to me informally." I looked over at Seol, who was hesitating on what she was going to say. "Oh... okay... Tao-ah." Tao smiled again. The other members also joined in telling both Seol and Bora to call them 'oppa' from now on. Seol and Bora. 

"Ahem. If you're all done with this, can we go? I really don't have to be here." We looked over at Kai who was finally showing his face to us from the shadows. Seol immediately bowed. Bora did the same. She was taken aback that Kai was here. "Hello, Kai sunbaenim." He didn't return the greeting. Instead he scoffed. 

"So, you're the freshmen girl the hyungs sit with at lunch?" I was going to say something before Chanyeol came out, putting his arm right around Seol's shoulders. "Yeah. Why? Do you have a problem with that?" We all looked at Seol who was completely in shock, as to what was happening. 

"No, no. I don't have a problem." Kai said sternly, not breaking his gaze with Chanyeol's. He then looked over at Seol. "It's nice to meet you Baek Seol." With that, Kai starting to walk ahead.

In order to break the ice cold silence, I clapped my hands. "Okay, let's go." The other nodded as Tao when over to Chanyeol and took his hand off Seol, replacing it with his. We started to laugh. Seol blushed. They started to walk. Tao then turned around to Chanyeol, mouthing ' S-H-E-S M-I-N-E.' Chanyeol scoffed, as Tao and Seol continued to walk together. I laughed.

Kai's POV

Finally, we reached a small cafe in town. Once we were seated and had ordered, we began to speak in minor conversations, most of them starting with Seol. Luhan hyung was mostly talking to Bora, as they looked like they were comfortable with each other. I sat alone. Suho hyung tried to talk to me, but I only shut his conversations down. He finally gave up and reverted to talking to Seol. 

Seol. The girl Tao has set his eyes on. The girl who, next to me knew the existence of the garden, and loved every piece of it. The girl who had bad- mouthed Ji Son. What they heck was I supposed to do? Once minute, I feel sympathy, and now, I feel anger. 

"Party of 14! Your orders are ready!" The man at the counter called. "I'll get them." Seol offered, only to be seated back down by the hyungs. "Ani, Seol-ah, you don't have to get them." Chen hyung started to say. Seol smiled, but she got up anyway. "Sunbae-- I mean oppas, our drinks are geting cold. I'll get them." The hyungs tried to stop her again, but failed. 

Seol got up and took the orders from the counter. Her hands were full. I sighed. I was about to stand up to help her, but Chanyeol and Tao beat me to it. It was supposed to be Seol carrying the 14 drinks, but no. Now, she was holding 2. Chanyeol and Tao started to give the drinks out. I looked as everyone was getting one, but me. Then I realized that Seol, Seol was holding mine. She slowly came to me giving me my coffee.

I looked over at her, once again, she was avoiding my eye contact. I didn't care. I took my drink and started to drink it. Seol went back to her seat, in between Tao and Chayeol and started to talk comfortably again. 

Tao's POV

We finished our drinks a while ago, but we were all still here chatting with each other, excluding Kai hyung. As much as we tried, we wouldn't talk to us. We then decided to go to the small street fair a couple blocks away from here. Before we left, Seol blurted out an idea. "Oppas." We all looked at her. "SInce Christmas was coming up, can we do a secret santa?" We all looked at each other and nodded happily. We never actually did a secret santa. We used to... before Kai hyung got together with Ji Son. Those were the happy memories. I smiled. Seol was bringing all those good feelings back to us. 

We had begun to write your names with marker on pieces of tissues from our drinks and stuffed them into Kris gege's knit hat. I looked over at Kai hyung. HE wasn't doing anything. I sighed as I took his marker and wrote his name on the tissue and put it in the hat. He looked over at me shocked, but let it go. I knew that we wanted to join in too, but with the heat between him and the other hyungs, he wouldn't move. Therefore, he is eternally grateful to me.

"Is everyone's name in the hat?" Kris gege looked around and we all nodded our heads. "Ok then." Gege shook the names with his hands and slowly everyone started to pick out a name. I was pleading with all my heart that I would get Seol. I really wanted her name. Finally, it was my turn and I quickly chose a name. I turned around and opened the tissue. ''Suho'. I tried my hardest to contain my disappointment. Once I was able to hold my dropping face, I faced the hyungs again. Everyone had chosen a name and was ready to leave. I was eager to find out who had Seol's name. 

We walked in the cold air and finally reached the fair. There were little stores everywhere. We eventually split into groups. 

Group 1: D.O, Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan and Bora

Group 2:Chanyeol, Suho, Lay, Kris and Xiumin

Group 3: Me, Sehun... Kai and Seol.

Before we left Suho and Chanyeol hyung were checking if Seol was okay with me... and Kai hyung. When she nodded, they smiled, still concerned, but left us anyway. Seol as amazed by the cozy feeling of this place. The rest of the members were used to it. Every year, this fair would come into town and we would always go. I could blush as Seol pulled us into a small boutique. It was a vintage store. I guess she loved vintage stuff. I could tell, when I saw her fiddling with her locket. It was vintage looking.

4735-initial-j-sterling-silver-locket.jp Seol's locket form preivous chapter. 

 

Sehun and I watched as Seol was looking around the store. I looked over at Kai, he was doing the same... staring. I ignored him and continued to stare at Seol as she looked like she had found something. I went closer to her and found her holding a black vintage dress. It looked too big for Seol though. 

"Seol-ah, are you going to buy that?" She turned to me and smiled brightly. It made my heart melt. "Yes. I'm going to buy it for my mom. It has been so long since she was able to get something for herself. So for Christmas, I'm going to give her this." I smiled as Seol took the dress in her hand and was headed for the counter. "Excuse me, how much is this?" The person behind the counter took the dress from Seol's hands and checked it. "This is 26,536 won (25 USD)." 

I looked over at Seol, who was know hesitating. "Really? That much? Can't you lower the price, just alittle bit?" "I'm sorry."  Seol then started to take out her wallet and checked her money. I went behind her. She didn't have enough. I smiled as I started to take out my wallet. I gave the cashier the money and he then started to wrap it. Seol looked up at me surprised.

"Tao-ah, you really didn't have to do that." She looked concerned. I smiled at her. "It's only 26,536 won. It's not that much." She started to smile. "Tao-ah, I'll pay you back, I promise." 

'This was my chance.' I thought.  "Seol-ah." "Hm?" "I know how you can pay me back." "How?" "From now on, call me oppa." She looked at me confused, then smiled. "Okay... Tao oppa~."

I melted. Apparently, Sehun also seen this. "Seol-ah, call me oppa too!" Seol only laughed. "Okay."

We left the store with the dress in Seol's hands and were looking around for another store to go in. I took my chance and held her hand in mine. "Oppa!" I smiled. At first, she tried resisting, but eventually smiled and kept her hand in mine. 

I turned around and saw Kai and Sehun looking in complete shock. I smirked. For months, I have wanted to do this, but never got the chance. This was perfect for me. We came in and out of a few stores, but decided it was time for us to go meet the rest of Exo.

We were still holding hands. We were a feet away from the Exo hyungs and when they looked over, they saw us. Everyone of their mouths were open. I laughed. Seol blushed. I felt like I could do anything. That feeling lasted for a few more seconds before another arm was around her shoulders. Chanyeol hyung. He laughed and so did Seol. She smiled at me and finally let go of my hand. I felt my heart drop. Chanyeol let go too and was laughing. I sighed. So much for a perfect day.

103_7690-1.jpg (What dress Seol bought for her mom)