Chapter fifty-eight

EXO's Dream Girl

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"Seol, what's wrong?!" Ji Son dropped the blankets and immediately ran up to her, only to stand there, gaped open to what she'd seen. 

 

 

A dead, bloody dove.

 

 

Ji Son gasped and immediately took the box away from Seol and hugged her. She could feel her shaking as her sobs slowly grew louder. 

"What happened?!" Tao came into the room followed by everyone else as they found Seol completely broken. Ji Son stood up and motioned Tao to take over as she stood up. Once Tao had sat down, Seol gripped onto his shirt as if her life depended on it. "Ajasshis!" Ms. Kim came running in with the front guards. "Is everything alright? Is anyone hurt?" Ji Son simply shook her head as she carefully picked up the box and gave it to Ms. Kim.

"Dear lord..." She stated as she opened the box fully. The members looked over as well as the were just as disgusted. "Ajasshi, you sent this?" Ji Son shrugged. "IT was Seol who had picked up the mail. The message said a friend sent it... nothing else."

"Wait, there's something else in there." Kai observed as he disappeared into the kitchen to return with a pair of rubber gloves. Taking the box to the counter, he carefully moved the dove aside as he took a breath.

Pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

There was a few on Seol and Ji Son leaving the hospital and entering their home, pictures during the wedding, even some where Seol and Ji Son were waving their parents off to their honeymoon.

"Oh my god." Ji Son gasped as Kai continued to look. "Is someone... is someone stalking us?" "Ji Son, ajasshi, I'll call the police and your parents."

"No!" Seol's voice was shaky as she turned to Ms. Kim. "Ms. Kim, umma and appa need this time alone...." She smiled and gripped onto her hands. "We all know that ajasshi, but this is a serious matter. If you two got hurt, they would never forgive themselves. They would want to be here and that is final. I am calling." Seol gave no fight as she laid on Tao chest. 

"Oh my god." The eyes ce more to Kai as he had a picture in his hand. It was on the weeding day where the family took a picture. Apparently, this stalker had taken one as well. In red marker, the faces were scribbled out and replaced with words:

'You'll find out soon enough. Get ready to die.'

Kai had read out loud as his grip on the picture grew tighter. Ji Son covered as tears began to form as Hyoyeon held onto her. "HOw would do something like this to you?" Bora angrily stated. Everyone was silent as they thought of who could've possibly done this to the Hwang family. 

"Do you think..." Chanyeol began to say as everyone looked at him. "Eh, it couldn't be." 

"Who? Who were you thinking of?" Suho asked as Chanyeol's expression darkened.

"Do you think it was Park Jimin?"  


"Thank you so much. Once our employers come home, they'll be there as soon as they can." Ms. Kim hung up as she went upstairs and into Ji Son's room. There, she found Ji Son and Seol on the bed. Ji Son smiled at her as she carefully moved not to wake Seol up.

"She finally closed her eyes. Hopefully she'll get some rest before umma and appa come home tomorrow." Ji Son said as Ms. Kim sighed. "It's only been a day without them and this happens." They closed the bedroom door as they went downstairs to talk.

"Ji Son ajasshi, do you think it is Park Jimin-sshi?" She looked at Ms. Kim in worry as she handed her some tea. "I don't know. It's been a few months since we've heard from him. As far as I'm concerned, I heard he is in a mental institutionin China. Kris oppa's mother is a lawyer so she'll be checking if it's actually true while Hoseok is waiting for a warrant to go into Jimin's home. That isn't going to be easy since his family is of high status." She curled her knuckles.

"Ms. Kim." 

"Yes, Ji Son ajasshi?"

​"Do you think that I wouldn't have ended it with Jimin, would any of this happen?" 

Ajasshi, in all respect, I very much disliked the boy. There was something in my gut that was telling me to not let my guard down on him. Of course I was ecstatic when you two broke up and that you ending was the best thing to happen. Think of it. If you had stayed with him, lord knows what kind of brainwashing he would've done to you to break this family apart. You would have never got to be back with Jongin and I wouldn't be able to see the old you in our lives again." Ji Son smiled. "Do you really think that?" She nodded. "With all my heart. This incident, if it really is him, it's god giving you another test of some sort." Ji Son nodded as she took a sip of her tea.

"I'm just going to be checking up on Seol. I'll be back." Ms. Kim nodded as Ji Son jogged upstairs. She carefully opened her bedroom door to still find Seol in the same position, sleeping. Ji Son smiled softly as she sat down next to her. Seol stirred as she opened her eyes, immediately smiling once she saw Ji Son. "How long was a asleep?" She asked as she sat up stretching. "Not the long, should get some mre rest." Seol hummed as she rubbed her tired eyes. Although her eyes spotted something. "Unnie..." 

Ji Son followed her gaze to her mirror and gasped. In what looked like black marker, someone had written:

You look pretty when you sleep, should I make it an eternal one? No one can protect you from me. I'm coming for you. 

"Someone was in here while I was asleep?!" Seol looked at Ji Son, completely horrified to was was happening. "Seol-ah.." Ji Son could feel the amount of fear in the room. "Come on, let's go downstairs. We need to keep our eyes on you now. You're this person's target. And maybe I'm the reason." Ji Son had whispered the last part as she took a quick picture of the writing. She then tucked her phone back into her pocket and took Seol out of her room as soon as possible.

Somewhere in the branches outside Ji Son's room, a figure dressed in black smirked to find the two of them completely flustered as they now moved in fear knowing that someone was watching them. "Enjoy your life now... while you can." 


"Oh my goodness, Seol-ah!" Their mother immediately ran out of the car to hug her daughter as tightly as she could. "Umma..." She mumbled as Ji Son went towards them. "Umma we're sorry we cut your honeymoon short." She released Seol from the hug and hugged Ji Son as well. 

"You two did not cut it short. Your father and I could always go some other time. Our safety is our first priority." 

"Your mother is right." Behind them, their father walked up and gave Ji Son a hug as well. "Now, let's find the bastard that's doing this to my family." 

*

"We're still waiting for the search warrant to enter the park house although I highly doubt that they will give it to us since this whole thing is going on a theory and not fact." The Hwang's lawyer said. Tao gripped onto Seol as he grimaced. "So what if it's just an assumption? Can't we check to make sure?! I'll go there myself to get something out of it." Seol looked up to Tao and frowned. "Tao-ah, stop." His angry face softened at the sight of a very tired Seol. After the message in Ji Sons room, she did eat or sleep. Her eyes were kept open, watching out for both her and Ji Son. 

"Honey, you should get some rest. Look at your condition." Their mother looked over at her worriedly as Seol weakly smiled at her. "I'm fine. I'll just get some more coffee." She stood up although was put back down by both Tao and Ms. Kim. "I'll get it for you ajasshi. You really need to rest."

"Ms. Kim's right Seol-ah. Go upstairs with Tao. He'll be with you and there's a guard upstairs. Please." Ji Son looked at her sister with pleading eyes and she almost cried when Seol finally nodded. "let's go then." Tao stood up first, assisting Seol upstairs to her room. 

"There you go." Tao slowly helped Seol lay on her bead with her head on his chest. "Get some rest. I'll be right here." He smiled as he her hair. 

"Tao?"

"Hm?"

Seol moved so that she could face him. "I love you." 

He smiled, although he felt something different in the atmosphere.

"I love you too Seol-ah. Why all of a sudden?"

In return, she gave him a small smile and laid back down in his chest, as she hugged him tightly. "I don't know... I just wanted to say it. We've been going out of a couple of months now, and you've always been there for me and that's one of the reasons why I really do love you... and... even if I leave, you'd always be in my heart as my loving first." 

Tao listened as he felt his heart clench. "You sound like you're going to be leaving." 

She didn't say anything and sighed as Tao slowly grew more anxious.

"Seol?"

"What if this person gets me? Or Ji Son unnie?"

"Seol."

Tao immediately made her face him. He realized then that tears were starting to form. "Seol-ah..."

"I don't want to leave yet!" She screamed. "I don't want to leave you or unnie or anyone else I love!" Tears were falling uncontrollably as Seol kept yelling. "I can't so that! I don't want to, Tao I don't was them to get me!"

Tao took her in a hug in an effort to calm her down. He'd never seen her like this before, as if she had bottled everything that made her angry and sad and then she let it out. He realized that he was also crying as Seol continued to speak.

"This isn't fair."

"This isn't fair." 

"This isn't fair!"

Her doors opened exposing the guards her parents and Ji Son. Tao looked up at them with his reddening eyes as he gripped onto Seol tighter as she continued to say those three words. Her mother started to cry as she saw her daughter all defeated. Ji Son was starring at the two of them, trying not the cry as her fists turned white. Their father had to bring their mother out as he too could not bear the scene.

"Seol-ah..." Ji Son's voice cracked as she stepped into the room. "Let's get some rest, okay?"

And without any effort, Seol gasped and weakly nodded her head.

Tao motioned so that Ji Son was in his place as he wiped his tears away. He'd never wanted to see that broken Seol ever again.

*

"Exactly what did she say?" After putting Seol to sleep, Tao and Ji Son both went downstairs to talk about what happened. 

"She said that...." Tao gulped, "She said that she didn't want to leave yet, that she didn't want to leave us yet--- she wasn't ready. That she couldn't do that... she didn't want to do that." 

"And this is all because of this stalker trying to "kill" her?" Ji Son looked to Tao as he nodded. "What else? We have to find this guy so Seol can have peace again. I couldn't take her broken self earlier, it hurt too much." 

Their mother gripped onto her hands tightly as their father took them into his. "Let's do everything we can alright? This person can't get to her no longer. But right now, all she needs is rest."