Chapter forty-three

EXO's Dream Girl

Suho's POV

I stepped out of the bathroom to find my phone ringing. 

"Hello?" 

"Oppa! You finally answered me. Oppa, can I ask you a favor?"

I stood there dumbfounded as I listened to Seol talk but in the end, agreed to her words. "Sure.  What's the request?"

"Opp I can't tell you over the phone. Can we meet tomorrow? I'll text you the address,mhm?" 

I chuckled. "Okay Seol-ah. Goodnight."

"Goodnight oppa. See you tomorrow."

We hung up at the same time as I continued to dry my hair. 

I was really into my show I was watching before the door bell rung. I checked the time on the clock. It had just turned midnight. "Who the heck is here at this time?" I mumbled as I jogged down the stairs of my mansion.

"Who is it?"

"Suho hyung, it's me."

"Kai?" 

I opened the door to reveal a very tired looking Kai. 

Without me saying anything,  he showed himself in as he plopped himself onto my sofa. 

"Kai it's late. What are you doing here? Do you want me to call Chanyeol to pick you up?" 

He shook his head. "Aniyo hyung. I called him saying I'll spend the night here. So... can I spend the night here?"

I rummaged through my closet to give Kai some clothes as he entered the shower. "Yah, once you are finished in there, you need to tell me what your so angry about." I stated as Kai only nodded. "Yeah, sure hyung." That was all he said before he closed the bathroom door. 

I sighed as I boiled so instant ramen by the stove as I continued to watch the show before I was interrupted by Kai. A few minutes later Kai came out with his hair still wet and in my clothing. He sat down on the kitchen island and I handed him a bowl of ramen. I sat down on my chair as I turned off the now-ending show. "Now, mind telling me what got you all pissed off." 

Kai was silent for a moment as he quietly slurped the ramen. He swallowed but still didn't look at me. "I was with Seol today." He started off. I hummed in acknowledgement as he continued on. "She didn't tell me all the details but from what I could see, she's going to have a new family.... a new sister to be exact."

I looked at Kai as I put my ramen bowl down. "So she's finally having a new family. Shouldn't you feel happy for her?" He nodded. "I was happy in the beginning before I saw who her new sister will be." I arched my eyebrows and gave him a curious look. "Who is it?" 

"Its... it's Ji Son." Kai finally looked into my eyes and I saw his eyes become full of anger again. "Hyung, I dropped her off and saw Ji Son there. Seol told me that she was going to be her new sister." "I... I see." I didn't know what to feel right now. Anger? Pain? Fear? I really didn't know. "So what's going to happen to her now?" Kai could only shrug. "I don't know, but I want to ask her the next time I see her." I sighed before slightly smiling at him. "Well, you can come with me tomorrow. I'm meeting with Seol tomorrow." Kai looked at me with surprise. "Really? Why?" I shrugged. "She didn't tell me. She only sent me an address to meet." I took out my phone and showed him.I noticed the way his eyes widened. "Hyung... this is the Gangnam district. What does she want to do over there?" "I really don't know, but we'll find out tomorrow."

Seol's (Your) POV

I was awaken by the quiet knocking on my door. I immediately shot up from the bed and looked at me surroundings. I let out a deep breath as I remembered what had happened yesterday. The knocking continued.

"Seol ajasshi (Lady)." I was surprised by  who called me their 'lady,' though I answered nevertheless. "Uh... yes?" The door slowly opened revealing a woman who looked like she was in her early fifties. "Ajasshi, good morning. Here is your breakfast." I was stunned for a moment before the woman had placed a silver tray on my bed. Breakfast was huge. It looked delicious, though it was a lot. "Oh, you didn't have to give me breakfast in bed, nevertheless this much food. I was settle for breakfast downstairs and a peanut butter sandwich." I smiled at the woman and bowed at the same time. 

"Ajasshi it is my job to give you breakfast like this every morning, as instructed by Mr. Hwang." I nodded slighty before I realized something. "Oh, I am so sorry. What is your name?" She smiled at me. "I am Kim Seo Hee, and I will be your care taker form now on." My eyes widened. "Really? But I could do things for myself, as well as do chores around the house." Before I could say anything more, she bowed. "Ajasshi, really. This is my job and I am very grateful for having to take care of you. Please eat well and when you are done, I will come up here to clean for you." There was no more use in fighting with her so I bowed back and she left the room. 

I looked down at the huge breakfast a gulped. I got out of my bed to my own bathroom to brush my teeth. Soon after, I sat back down with my chopsticks in hand and started to eat. 

~

I swallowed down on the last bits of toast and as if on que, Ms. Kim comes into my room with something in her hands. "To big of a breakfast for you, huh?" She gave me a slight smile as I looked down embarrassed. The silver tray was completely clean. "Well.. it was a nice and full breakfast. I don't think I could eat for the whole day." I shyly stated. 

Ms. Kim took away the tray and instead, she handed me a bag. I opened the bag and found clothes... really expensive looking clothes. I looked at her and before I could ask my question, she went all out and answered it for me. "Mr. Hwang and your mother had wanted me to give it to you to wear. From now on, you will have a new set of clothing." I gasped. "But I can still have my old clothes right? Some of them I hold dearly from memory." She smiled. "Of course ajasshi. It is your choice on what you want to keep and wear. Although your parents would want you to try on the clothes in that bag today." I bowed as she left me to change. I opened the bag once more and sighed. "Here goes nothing." I mumbled as I headed into the bathroom. 

I looked over myself with the full length mirror and thought that it was decent enough. I tied my hair in a curly bun as I fixed up the collar on the dress. Inside the bag were also some high heeled shoes. I found the a little burdensome and decide to go with the sneaker wedges.  They were still considered heels, but they were definitely much lower and much more comfortable than the pumps. I twirled happily before I heard another knock on the door. "Ms. Kim?" I called out. Instead, umma showed up.

"I knew you would chose the sneakers." She laughed as she sat herself on my bed. I smiled. My mother knew me so well. "Umma, you and Mr. Hwand didn't have to buy new clothes for me... my old one are just fine." She sighed. "That's what I told him too, but he was so stubborn. Seol-ah, he's really trying to be a good step father towards you." "I know that umma, and I appreciate every bit of it." With that said, umma took my hand and led me down to the living room

There, I saw Mr. Hwang waiting for us on the sofa with a huge smile plastered on his face. I smiled back as I slightly bowed. "Thank you very much for the new clothes." He smiled. "Seol-ah, you don't have to thank me, I wanted to do that for you. My future daughter looks very beautiful." I smiled as he motioned umma and I to sit down with him. "Not only the clothes, I have another surprise for you." He started of. "Another? But you've already down enough." I said shyly. Mr. Hwang smiled as he took my hand and started to lead me into another part of the house, umma following us from behind. "I know that you love music and your mother told me a list of instruments you know how to play so..." He didn't even have to finish off his sentence, I knew where this was going. I gulped as he opened the wooden door, revealing a very beautiful music studio, My guitar was even there, placed on its own podium. 

My jaw dropped. It was the most magnificent thing I have ever seen. "Mr. Hwang... this must've cost a fortune. You really didn't need to burden yourself with this." I started to say before walking into the room, my eyes exploring everything they see. I heard Mr. Hwang laugh as he put an arm around umma's shoulders. "I would do anything for this new family." I turned to him and gave him the biggest and brightest smile I had ever given. With even realizing it, I ran to him, hugging him as tightly as I could. "Thank you so much, thank you, thank you thank you!" I released him from my hug and brought umma in as well. "I promise to be a good daughter to you." I stated. He chuckled and squeezed umma and I back, only to be interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

The three of us left the studio before my eye caught something else. "Mr. Hwang, what is that place?" I pointed at the closed room next door to mine, music pumping silently from the inside. "Oh, that is Ji Son's dance studio. She'd spent a lot of time there since she moved back in with me, can't really blame her." He said. I looked to him and saw a slightly sad face. I was going to ask him if he was alright before Ms. Kim popped up. 

"Baek Seol ajasshi, you have two guests." I jogged up to her and followed her to the front entrance. There, she re-opened the door, revealing both Suho oppa and Kai. I looked at them and smiled. They on the other hand, looked at me and I watched as their eyes widened. I chuckled. I knew they were going to be like this.

"Oppa, Jongin-ah... welcome to my home."