Chapter thirty-seven

EXO's Dream Girl

No One's POV

"Annyeong umma!" Seol yelled as her mother waved back. It was already getting pretty late, and since visiting hours were over, Seol had said her last goodbyes as her nurses helped her move into the elevator. 

"Oh, wait a minute unnie!" Seol kept the door open as she saw Seo Mi wheeling down towards the elevator. She and the nurses moved for Seo Mi to fit. "Ah, thank you unnie." Seol smiled as she pressed the button. "What floor Seo Mi-sshi?" "5th floor. Oh, unnie, you pressed it already." 

The elevator door opened as the nurses assisted both girls out. "Ah, unnie." Seol looked over at her. "Yes?" "Unnie doesn't have to use honorifics with me. I just want to be comfortable with you, please do the same with me~" Seol smiled brightly at her. Seo Mi somewhat reminded her of her younger self; happy and bright.

 

'I think I'm ugly, and nobody wants to love me

just like her I want to be pretty, I want to be pret---'

 

"Hello?" 

"Seollie~~~" 

Seol's smile widened as she held her phone tighter. "Tao-ah!"

"Yeah, I just got off the plane... I missed you a lot!" Seol rolled her eyes as she turned to Seo Mi. She put a hand towards the phone and smiled shyly at her. "Ah, I'm sorry, Seo Mi... it's my... um, boyfriend. He just landed in China and he promised he'd call me, sooo..."

Seo Mi got the message and smiled. "Oh, O.K unnie. I'll see you tomorrow." Seol waved at her as she watched her roll herself to her room, disappearing all together.

"Ah, hello?"

"Yah! I just said I missed you and you hang up on me..." Tao pouted.

Seol could only giggle as she finally got herself situated in her bed. "Yah, I just saw you hours ago, you miss me already?"

"Yeah."

"I missed you too then~" Seol curled up after processing what she had just said; it was so cheesy.

"So what happened when I left?" "Um, my family came and so did Jongin and Chanyeol oppa. They stayed with me for company, and... OH! I made another friend in the hospital. Yeah, her name is Lee Seo Mi."

On the other side of the line, Seol heard Tao laughing. "What?"

Tao caught his breath as he spoke once more. "So what I'm hearing is that you needed all these people to fill up my position."

Seol put a hand to her face. "Yah! Are you always this self-centered?!"

"Ani, I'm only like this because I'm not with you.... I feel lonely..." Seol's cheeks grew hot as she tried to comprehend this.

"Ya... yah..." "Ah wae?! It's true!" Aegyo filled his voice and and Seol smirked. She could play the game too.

"Tao-ah, I miss you too, you know that right. Ahhh~ I'm so sad that you're not here with me~~~" Silence was filled on the other side and Seol couldn't hold back her laughing. "Omo, hahaha, Tao-ah. Hello?!"

"Ah... yeah?"

Seol laughed even more as she plopped herself in her bed. "Aegyo vs. aegyo, my dear Tao-ah." 

"Yah, Seol-ah."

"Hm?"

"I think it's late over there." Seol nodded. "Mhm."

"I'll let you sleep then. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

A bit diappointed, Seol agreed. "Okay."

"Ah, Seol-ah?"

​"Ah wae?"

"I know it's a bit early but..... I love you~" Before Seol could say anything else, Tao had already hung up, leaving Seol completely breathless and stunned. 

"He said he loves me..." Seol repeated the scene in her head as she starred up at the ceiling. "He loves me." She smiled as she drifted into her sleep.

_

The New Year ended rather fast and Seol turned from the T.V to the door as knocking was heard. 

"Baek Seol-sshi?"

"Ah, yes?" 

"This is Mr. Hwang." 

A bit confused by his appearance, She immediately sat up in her bed. "Ah, yes. You can come in."

Mr. Hwang slowly opened the door and smiled at Seol as she smiled back. She sat up a little more as she found a massive gift basket in his hands. "This is for you." He simply said as Seol took it gratefully. "Ah, thank you Mr. Hwang, but really; you didn't have to." Mr. Hwang sat down a in a chair next to her bed as Seol put the basket on the side table next to her.

"So, how are you Seol-ssshi?"

"I've been good, Mr. Hwang. I'm really fortunate that you could visit me, but really, you didn't have to visit. Being a busy man, your busy schedule  must have your stressed." Seeing a concerned Seol, he smiled. "Thank you very much for your concern Seol-sshi. It means a lot." 

The two talked for a while before Mr. Hwang's phone rang. "I guess that means you have to go then, right?" Mr. Hwang smiled sympathetically. "It's okay. It's still nice that you were able to make it." Seol smiled. Mr. Hwang stood up and was about to leave before Seol called out after him. "Mr. Hwang!" He turned around. "Yes?"

"Thank you again for visiting.... you.... you really remind me of my father today." He smiled as he went back to Seol and patted her head. "You don't know how much those words mean to me Seol-sshi." She smiled as they said their goodbyes once more and Mr. Hwang left.

Seol's POV

"Baek Seol-sshi, you are able to discharge the today." Being here for three weeks now,hearing the doctor say this was the best thign in the world right now. Umma had taken leave from her job, assisting me as I changed from my hospital clothes to my regular ones. 

"Finally." I stretched my arms as I walked out of my room. "Unnie!" I turned over to find Seo Mi rapidly going towards me. "Oh, Seo Mi-ah." "Unnie, you're finally getting discharged, huh?" I felt sorry for leaving Seo Mi behind as she was my only friend in the hospital; also adding onto the fact that she's been here way longer than I have. 

"I'm sorry Seo Mi-ah. But I promise that I'll visit you when I can okay?" "Promise?" I nodded. "Promise." 

31.gif

"Annyeong Unnie!" I smiled. "Annyeong~ I'll see you later!" I waved at her as umma and I got into a taxi. I sighed as Seo Mi was no longer in sight and I slumped in my seat. "Finally going home." 

 

 

A few weeks later...

 

 

"Seol-ah, are you ready?" 

"Umma, I think I need help." Umma came into my room and chuckled a bit seeing me having trouble with the dresses zipper. Being up and active was amazing for me, especially when this day was special to umma. To this case, umma said that Mr. Hwang was having a party for the success recently made by his restaurants. Umma to me that Mr. Hwang had also invited me, and I decided to go with Tao... as my date...

"There you go dear." Umma fixed my dress and hair a little bit and looked at me. "Omo, my daughter is so beautiful." I laughed. "That's because you're my umma." We hugged for a brief moment before the doorbell rang. I put on the necklace Mr. Hwang had given me previously as I went towards the door. "Just a moment!" 

As I opened the door, a gust of cold winter air hit my bare skin and I shivered, only to be heated again after a saw Tao in his suit... It was pink. "A...a... come in."

I guess by seeing my expression, Tao laughed and stepped inside. "Hello to you too." I blushed just enough to match my dress before I spoke again. "Tao-ah, you look handsome..." He smiled at me as he let out a and and I took it; his thumb massaging my shaking hand. "My girlfriend looks beautiful too." 

Ever since he came back from China, Tao has been closer to me than ever. Not that I minded, but still; it still was new to me, since he really was my first boyfriend ever. 

"I have something for you." I looked at him confused before I felt something cool run down my finger. I took my hand gently away from him to find a promise ring settled there. It was even engraved with something I was clueless about. "Tao-ah, what is---" Before I could finish my question, he answered it. "That was the first time I said that I loved you over the phone. I recorded it and had it engraved onto your ring." 

I could feel my face turn red as I never knew that Tao could be this type of romantic person. "Waw, Tao-ah, it's beautiful, thank you. But, where's your ring?"

one-shoulder-floor-length-evening-dress-  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZmMw1ud4ujW2MwwULJee  tumblr_inline_mp145rehbG1qz4rgp.jpg   groom-suits-20110926-80.jpg

Tao sighed as he looked at me. "You never said it so I don't have one, yet." I immediately felt bad that I didn't say it yet, and its been a while since we became official. 

"Tao-ah." I gulped my down my nervousness.

"Hm?"

"I...I love you."

"Seol-ah, what did you just say right now?" He sounded both confused and excited at the same time.

I looked up to his face, bringing myself closer to him. "Huang ZiTao, I. Love. You." The nervousness was messing around with my body, even more as Tao made his move. I actually couldn't believe it.

My eyes widened. I was kissing him. I was kissing Tao. His lips were so soft and his kiss, very passionate. My first instinct was to move forward, but once I thought about it, the more i didn't want to move. His lips against mine felt like heaven right now.

best.gif

"Seol-ah, who was at the do---" I immediately pulled back from Tao as umma stepped into the room. "Umma..." Tao had also looked flustered as he bowed. "Hello, mother." "Ah, yes. Hello Tao." She looked at me and smiled gently. My cheeks heated up as I looked away. "Since we're all ready, I guess we can leave now right?" 

_

We arrived at the party and showed our invitations. I felt so out of place as I saw how grand the place was. Tao squeezed me hand and I squeezed it back; letting him know that I was okay.

"Ah, you all made it." At a distance, we saw Mr. Hwang coming towards us and Tao and I bowed. "Hello Mr. Hwang." He smiled at me. "Hello Seol. It's finally nice to see you again apart from the hospital. Oh, Seol_ah, who is this?" He looked over at Tao and he bowed. "Hello, I am Tao; Seol's boyfriend." 

Mr. Hwang raised his eyebrows at me and I blushed. "Mr. Hwang, this is Tao. Like he said, he is my...boyfriend."

"Baek Hee-sshi (Seol's mom), let's go."  Mr. Hwang opened a way for umma to walk and she nodded. "Seol-ah, I'll be right back okay. For the time being, enjoy yourself okay?" I nodded as I waved at them. "Tao-ah, let's get something to eat." HE nodded as he entwined my fingers with his and together, we walked to the buffet table. 

An hour or so passed by and Tao and I had finished eating. "Seol-ah, let's dance." He nudged me as a slow song came out. "Tao-ah, I really don't dance." He looked at me before pouting. "You didn't say that when you danced with J-Hope hyung." I smiled as I hinted a small amount of jealously and got up. "Fine, let's go." He smiled as he immediately took my hand and led me towards an empty space on the dance floor.

He held me close and I gasped, realizing how close we actually were. I felt his hand tug my waist and I blushed madly. I held onto his arm as I let him lead me. My heart was thumping so hard, I was pretty sure he heard it, considering the huge smirk on his face. He twirled me around and caught me as I went back to him. I watched as his confidence started to come and and so I pulled mine up as well and leaned my head onto his shoulders. He chuckled as he rested his chin on my shoulder. We weren't even dancing by this point. We were just swaying along with the music as we were gripped in each other's embrace. 

The song ended and everyone clapped. Tao and I slowly pulled away from each other before we heard Mr. Hwang's voice over the microphone. "Ah, hello everyone." We clapped. "Thank you all for coming tonight. as you all may know, this party was for the success of all our hard work, and I would like to give a moment of this time to applaud everyone. We clapped at his orders as he smiled once more.

"But mainly, I would also like to take this chance to introduce all of you to my fiancé, dear; please come out." I watched in joy to see that Mr. Hwang has found someone to move one with after this past wife. I ready to applaud before I saw who it really was...

.

.

.

.

Umma?!

​Everyone around me gasped and applauded while I stood there, completely frozen about the entire situation. I found umma looking at me and so I gave a smile. I knew I like Mr. Hwang, heck; I even said that he reminds me of appa. "seol-ah." Umma came to me with worried eyes as she was joined by Mr. Hwang. "Seol-ah, I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier. I just wanted it to be a surprise."

I looked at her and then at Mr. Hwang as I smiled. I was happy for the both of them. "Umma, don't worry. I'm not mad that you kept it from me. I'm happy for you; the both of you. Though I am a little bit surprised." I turned to Mr. Hwang. "So when you told me that when I saw you as a father, this is what you meant? To be my father?"

He nodded. "Yes, Seol-ah." I smiled as I hooked arms with Tao. "I accept your engagement. I know that umma still love appa and you would love your wife. You both deserve a second chance in love, so, I am fully on board." I smiled as Mr. Hwang once more. "So, I guess this means that I have to call you father now, right?" 

I guess Mr. Hwang must've loved my acceptance so much he hugged me. I hugged him back. "I'll be a good stepdaughter Mr. Hwang." I heard him chuckle a bit. "and I'll be a good stepfather to you Seol-ah." I congratulated them once more as other people started to join in before I voice roared behind me.

"APPA!!!!!" I nearly jumped by the girl's voice--- that voice was all too familiar with me...

Ji Son. 

Girls-Day-Hyeri-Something-teaser-1.jpg

"Appa, how could you not tell me that you're getting married?!" Out of instinct, I hid behind Tao. "Ji Son-ah calm down. I'm sorry, but please be happy for me. Here, meet you new stepsister." 

I heard Ji Son scoff. "Stepsister? I have that too?! Isn't a stepmother enough?" "Ji Son." Mr. Hwang's voice immediately got stern. It was my first time hearing him angry like that. I came out from behind Tao and pulled over to umma before Ji Son turned in my direction.

"No." She glared at me before I bowed. She ignored me and turned back to her father. "Out of all the women in the world, you had to go out and get one who's related to Seol?!" I froze as I gripped onto my dress tighter before I felt Tao's hand over my shoulders, giving me support. 

Mr. Hwang turned to me. "Seol-ah, do you know each other?" I looked at him sincerely before nodding. "Yes, it's a long story."