Chapter sixteen

EXO's Dream Girl

No One's POV

After the whole dance projects, everything was all normal again. Seol was her joyful self as usual, but even more excited knowing that they only had a week left until the holiday breaks. She couldn't wait to see her mom again. To hear from her, other than reading her texts.

Once again, the group met up at lunch, excluding Bora and Luhan, who knows what they were doing. As usual, Kai was left out chewing his food as everyone was talking to each other. Seol had seen this, and thought that it was enough with the silent treatment towards Kai.

She broke out of her conversation with Chanyeol and began to speak. "Oppas...." All the members turned to her. "What is it Seol-ah?" "Can't we all speak with each other?" The members looked at each other confused, as to Kai, he was looking down at his food. "But we are talking to each other---" "Including Kai oppa." Chanyeol stopped his statement and looked at Seol with a surprised face. So did the other members.

No one spoke a word. Seol tried to get up, but Chanyeol sat her back down. He looked at Kai. "Did you tell her to say that?!" Kai said nothing. "Did you or not?!" Kai sighed as he started to look up. "No, I didn't." 

Seol didn't like seeing her friends fight, and over something not worth fighting for. Although she saw Ji Son as a black hole, she still respected her, and did her best to prevent her from popping up into another fight. "Oppas." She stated a bit firmly. The members weren't looking at her this time, but she knew they were listening. "Kai oppa didn't do anything wrong... neither did any of you. I just don't understand how you guys could fight when you've known each other for so long. What happened to 'We Are One?'." With that, she could no longer keep a straight face. She stood up, took her things and left out the door, leaving the members to think in silence.

Seol's POV

I left the dining hall, hopefully thinking that my words would pry their think skulls apart from all the fighting. I really needed some time to think. I was on my way towards the garden when someone pulled me aside. I let out a yelp as this person was holding my am way too hard. I finally got out of their grip and turned to se who it was. Ji Son sunbaenim.

"Sun...sunbaenim, what are you doing?!" She said nothing and took my arm once more, dragging me towards the garden. 'How does she know about the garden?' I thought.

We both went inside the garden and there was where she let go of my arm. I rubbed them as she watched me. I heard her scoff. I turned to her. "What are you doing sunbaenim?" I asked with slight fear in my voice. "What does it look like to you? I really want to ask you something." 

"What do you want?" I asked. She smirked as she was looking around the garden. "You guys didn't do much last night did you?" "What are you talking about?" She turned and glared right at me. "LAST NIGHT!" She screamed. I was taken aback. She looked annoyed, so I didn't dare say anything back. I saw her facial expression calm down and she started to talk again. "Last night. I saw you go out with Kai oppa here. What the hell were you two doing?!"

I sighed in disbelief. "Sunbaenim, we didn't do anything last night. We are just friends, he called me to start cleaning the garden." "Late at night?! Unbelievable." "Yes, late last night. I didn't know why either, but for a friend, I did it anyway!" I was looking right at Ji Son sunbaenim, as was she to me. She started to walk closer to me. I didn't know what was coming for me.

She slapped me... hard. I held my tears and turned to her only to her to see her smiling. "Never touch Kai, don't even talk to him. Got it?" She turned, thinking she had won, before I spoke out once more. "I cannot do that." She stopped midway and looked back at me. "What did you just say?' "I said, I can't do that. Sunbaenim, I know how much you mean to Kai oppa, but he needs me. He needs his friends.

Ji Son sunbaenim scoffed, before leaving the garden, out of my sight. Once I thought see was gone, I collapsed to the ground, letting the tears I was holding back flow down my stinging cheek. I took out my phone and used it as a mirror. You could clearly see a red mark on my right cheek. I couldn't go back the the exo oppas looking like this, they would start asking questions about Ji Son, hurting Kai oppa once more. 

I wiped my tears away and used my scarf to try and cover my cheek. I took my bag and was headed to my dorm.

 

Back at the dining hall...

The silence still lingered when Seol left. "Seol... she's right. What happened to us?" We all turned to Lay, unable to say anything. "Ji Son happened to us." We looked over at Chanyeol and then at Kai. Once again, other fight between the two. "Ji Son didn't do anything to us. Hyung it's you." Chanyeol scoffed. "What? We all agree that that b**** came here and ruined everything!" Before we knew it, Kai slapped the table, causing everyone in the dining hall to look at us. "Don't ever call Ji Son that... EVER!" 

"Guys, calm down." Suho tried to say, but it didn't work. Everything was still on edge. "Hyungs..." Everyone looked over at Tao, who was somewhat hiding behind Suho. With that, Kai and Chanyeol tied to calm down seeing the mankae's face. Kyungsoo then turned to Kai. "Kai, we know you love Ji Son. We saw that when you first introduced her to us. But there was just something we didn't like about her. Believe me, we all tried our best to accept her, but it was too hard. We just couldn't." Kai looked over at his hyung, with anger, and then sympathy. He sighed. With that, he left. Tao sighed, and took off after him.

"Kai, wait for me!" Tao called over at Kai, but he kept walking ahead, he was heading for the garden. "Kai! Wait for--- Seol?!" Kai stopped when hearing Seol's name. He turned around to see Tao looking over at Seol, with her big scarf covering most of her face. His face softened when he saw Seol stop, and wave at Tao, he did the same. She also saw Kai and also waved at him. Still being angry, he didn't return it. 

Seol was still on her way towards the girls dorms when she bumped into Tao and Kai. Tao immediately ran up to her and hugged her. He let go, knowing she would be surprised, but not as much as he was...

Seol's scarf was caught onto Tao's uniform and when he pulled back, revealed the visible red mark on her cheek. Tao's smile immediately went away. Seol-ah, your face..." Tao put a hand on Seol's cheek and she immediately flinched when he touched the mark. Seeing her jump, Tao took his hand off. "Seol," Tao's voice became angry, "Who did this to you?"

Kai didn't know what going on, but seeing Tao's expression, something went bad. He jogged back to where Tao and Seol were, and just like Tao, his face fell flat. "Seol, who hit you?" "Oh, this, it's nothing oppas, I was walking and I wasn't looking where I was going and I slammed into the frozen lampost. It's fine." Seol didn't want to tell Tao and Kai especially that Ji Son had done this. "You're lying." Tao stated. Both Seol ad Kai looked over at Tao. "When you lie, your eyebrows go up... like they are now." Shocked by his specific observation, she put her eyebrows back down. Kai noticed it as well.

"Seol, please tell us. What happened?" Tao looked over at Kai. It was his first time seeing the Kai he first knew come back... after two years. "It's ... it's nothing, oppas. It wasn't a big a deal." "Tell us anyway." Kai had a concerned look, but Seol said nothing. Knowing they wouldn't get anything out of Seol, they brought her back to the dining hall. "Ani! Oppas, I have to go back to the dorms so I could clean this." Seol said while gently holding her cheek. 

Kai and Tao looked at each other and agreed. They changed their course of direction towards the dorms. Tao and Kai could only get up to the front doors, for boys weren't allowed inside. Seol waved at them and they returned the wave. Once Seol was completely out of sight, they were on their way. 

"Daebak. You really did it? Wow, that b**** deserved it unnie. I just can't believed at you slapped Seol." Kai and Tao stopped in their place as they heard Seol. They turned at a distance and saw a girl coming around the corner from behind the girls dorm. "Unnie, I have to go, I'll call you back."  Kai looked over at Tao and saw a face full of anger. Without even thinking, Tao went up the the girl and took the phoen right out of her hands. The girl who was stunned, tried to get it back, but Tao was too strong. He checked the girls recent calls, shocked at the name that had been there. He threw the phone back the girl and continued to walk.

"Yah, Tao!" Kai was yelling at Tao stormed off way ahead of him. Kai was finally able to reach Tao with his hand, but Tao pushed his hand off his shoulder. "Tao-ah, what the hell is your problem?!" Tao immediately turned to his older and scoffed. "You are!" "What the heck did you see back there? Who was that girl talking to?" Kai asked in anger. Tao sighed and turned around to Kai. "Ji Son." Kai fell aback. Tao smirked. "But you won't believe me now, will you?" With nothing else, Tao continued to walk. Lunch had ended and he was off to his next class. "It... it can't be true..."

The next day...

Kai's POV

I had woken really early (4:30 A.M), knowing that Ji Son always goes jogging in the early mornings. Of course when I called, she wouldn't answer. It's been a while since we have seen each other, with all the fighting. It wasn't healthy. I couldn't sleep, especially with what happened yesterday. It had been a month of fighting between me and Ji Son. I was so tired of this, I was so weak. I saw Ji Son immerge from the building and I immediately grabbed her wrist. 

"What... Kai oppa?" I said nothing. "Oppa~" I heard Ji Son coo. I almost puked. How could she do that, how was she not guilty of what she did to Seol? I saw the gardenat a distance and so did she. "Oppa, why are we going back in there?" I didn't say anything. Instead, both me and Ji Son went inside. I let go of her wrist.

She smiled at me. "Oppa, what do you want?" "Why didn't you answer your calls?" I simply asked. "I heard her chuckle. "Oppa~ you called me? What for? I thought we were still fighting." I looked at her face, stiff, just like mine. "I wanted to talk to you." Ji Son crossed her arms. "Talk to me about what?" I silently scoffed before speaking again. "I wanted to talk to you about apologies." She smiled. "Okay, oppa. Go on."

"Go on?" I asked "Go on what?" "Oppa, I know you were wrong, it's okay. You don't have to apologize, I'll forgive you." Ji Son smiled and was leaning in for a hug. I scoffed and went back. She was surprised. "Oppa, what's wrong?" I scoffed once more. "It's not me who's supposed to be appologizing. It's you.

"What?! Oppa, have you gone crazy?" "No, but you have. Why did you do it?" My voice was starting to get louder. Ji Son had a annoyed expression on her cold face. She sighed before she spoke again. "Do what oppa?" 

"Why did you slap Seol?" I saw Ji Son's head go up. "What? Where did you hear of something so stupid? I the hell would I do that?" This was my first time seeing this kind of side of Ji Son. "You slapped her! Tao and I overheard your friend talking to you on the phone!" "I yelled. Ji Son was taken aback, knowing that she could no longer cover it up. 

I looked at me, tears coming down from her eyes. It was really her. The one and only girl I loved, she did this. Seeing her cry in front of me, it still hurt, but not as much as it used to. "Oppa..." Ji Son was calling me through her tears. "Oppa, I did it for us... that girl was hurting us." I felt tears coming down my eyes as well. I couldn't believe it. She wasn't even apologizing. I just couldn't. Seeing the real Ji Son, I didn't like it. Between my sobs, I finally spoke out. "Ji Son-ah... let's break up." 

Ji Son looked at me. "Oppa... please, no..." Before I knew it, she was gripping onto my chest, hugging me. "Please... please oppa, don't do this to me." I was crying up a storm by now. "Please Ji Son..." I was pleading as I was prying her off me. The more I was getting her away from me, the more I heard her cry. I just couldn't take this anymore. When she was finally off me, she fell to the ground. I followed. I looke at her through my blurred vision. "I'm... I'm sorry."

With that, I took my tears and was dragging myself out the garden, leaving Ji Son behind.

kai-kim-jongin-exo-exo-k-singer-Favim.co  tumblr_mhp1c439QW1rrh6fjo1_500.jpg