Chapter fifty

EXO's Dream Girl

"Here you are, sir." Dressed up in a butler's uniform was Suho as he just finished giving Kai his lunch. "Well, that you there Mr. Hyung." The other members laughed as one of their oldest hyungs had to be doing this. 

"Kai-ah." Lay called out. "Yeah hyung?" "Why does Suho have to be dresses like this anyway?" Kai grinned evilly. "Because Suho hyung, Seol and my self made a bet and they lost. As a punishment, they have to do one favor I ask them. Right now, Suho hyung is doing his part." Suho could only roll his eyes at the youngers explanation while the others nodded their heads. "This kid forgot to mention that he cheated." "How did he cheat?" Hyoyeon asked. "Kim Jongin scared us lifeless during a scary movie and won just like that." Everyone turned around to find Tao and Seol right behind the members, their hands intertwined with the other. The members greeted them with slight nods as Bora and Hyeyeon made an opening so they can sit. "Suho oppa is right. Kim Jongin cheated." Seol stated, only to make Kai scoff. "I just ended the dang thing faster. Face it, the two of you would have screamed anyway." Seol only stuck her tongue out. "You would've thought." With that, Suho playfully bowed to Seol and she giggled. "Finally!" Suho said. Just of now Seol realized what he was wearing. "Omo, oppa." Seol looked at him and then at Kai and sighed. "This is the favor isn't it?" Shamefully, Suho nodded. 

"Yah Kim Jongin you better not put me in a stupid costume to serve you or Tao will go all wushu on you." Seol gradually pulled her arms up, hugging the said boy even tighter. "Kai don't even think about it." Tao glared at him as he received Seol's embrace. Kai scoffed. "Don't worry. I still don't know about your favor you'll do for me, but I can assure you that I'm not going to be beaten up because of it." The table was full of laughter as Kai finished his statement. Although there was a figure watching them from another table, secretly...


 "I can't believe you ever went out with that guy." Jimin huffed as both he and Ji Son got into his car. Ji Son eyed him as he the ignition. "What do you mean? Who?" Jimin looked to his girlfriend and smirked. "Kai, of course. That guy's a total idiot and so are his friends, no wonder Seol fit in so perfectly. She's just a stupid as they are." Jimin chuckled a bit as he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. "Hey, what's wrong? You're not laughing." Jimin asked and Ji Son just sat there blinkly. "Huh? Oh, I'm just really hungry. I haven't eaten because I had dance practice." Truth was, Ji Son once again felt that feeling inside her heart again as Jimin was insulting both Kai and Seol. Most of the time, she would laugh along with Jimin but not this time. Was it because of yesterday?


"Seol-ah, are you going anywhere today?" Tao asked as both he and Sell walked to her dorm room. 

"Hm? I'm don't have plans today Tao." Seol turned over to him and saw his sly grin as his grip on her hand tightened. "Good because we are going on a date. Tonight." Seol blinked at him and blushed. "O...okay..." With that, Tao gave Seol a quick peck on her forehead before sending her inside her dorm building. "I'll pick you up at 7!" He yelled before disappearing around the lot. Seol giggled as she waited until the elevator doors opened. Her eyes widened. "Ji Son unnie." She said as she stepped into the elevator. Seol was about to press her floor button before Ji Son pulled her arm back. Seol turned her gaze to her and surprisingly sincere looking Ji Son. "Can we talk? Please." It was the first time Seol had seen the cold Ji Son like this... As much as she loved it, it was also somewhat awkward. 

The elevator doors opened to the 8th floor and the two girls walked to the corner to where Ji Son's room was. "Oh Ji Son-ah--- Why is she here?" As the two walked in, they faced one of Jim Son's roommate, Minah.  Ji Son sighed as she held the door open. "Minah, can you leave is alone for a while?" The two sent eye messages as Minah finally stood up, glaring at Sell before she closed the door behind her. "Sorry about Minah... you can say that my attitude rubbed off on her..." "It's fine--- omo." Seol didn't even get to finish her sentence as she saw Jim Son's dorm room. So it was true that every room in the building had a different design. Ji Son's was no exception.  Her room was luxurious and big. Her bed side, although not as big as the one she had at home, still awed Seol. 

"Take a seat." Ji Son's voice brought Seol back to reality. She did as what she was ordered and took a seat across from where Ji Son was. "What did you want to talk about unnie?" Seol nervously played with her hands, freezing as her heard Ji Son's words.

.

.

.

"I'm sorry." 

Seol looked up to her eyes to find no signs of fakeness.  Everything was sincere. "I'm sorry that I was really mean to you and that I hurt you and your friends... A lot has happened in my life," she paused, " You wouldn't understand..." Seol smiled at the older's efforts as he took her hand into hers. Ji Son looked up rather surprised as tears slowly came out. "Unnie. I will understand if you just let me in." Ji Son sniffled as she gave a small smile. 

"When I was young..... it was father, my mother and me. I was an only child and I had everything.... or so I thought." Ji son sighed but continued. "Umma loved me a lot and I loved her ad much equally, maybe even more. But what I didn't have was fathers love. He would always be busy with his work and so he never had time for me or umma. I grew up with umma's support only. Then, there was a day when I came home from school and heard them fighting." Ji Son didn't even notice that her tears were already falling. "Father wanted a divorce and me. Umma wanted the same. Of course, I wanted to go with umma and leave appa, but because of her standards back to where she lived, the court chose to let appa keep me." Ji Son started to cry a little more, as Seol squeezed her hands to reassure her before she continued. " I never saw umma after that. I mean she would call but appa never let me see her." She chuckled as she looked at Seol. "Kai was the person who had helped me through this. What I said back then when I was Jimin... when I said I never loved him... that was a lie. I love him with all my heart. How could I not? I just wanted to feel less pain than when we broke up that was it... Seol."

"Yes unnie?"

"Please keep this a secret from Kai. If he knew I know he would start looking for me and start yelling at me at why I said that... he's the type of person to do that." 

"Sure unnie. I won't tell him... that's for you to do." 

Ji Son chuckled at Seol's cheekiness.  "Anyway, I stayed with father in the empty house we live in now. I was getting ready for school one day when I was watching the news and there, a car crash appeared behind the news woman..." hi Son gripped onto Seol's hands tighter. "It was umma... There she was, lying in the car ruins as paramedics were trying to get her onto a gurney.  There, she said that if I was watching this, she told me that she loved me... forever and always. I rushed to the hospital that was written on the side of the ambulance... but... but... I was too late..." Seol saw her older holding back her tears and with a small squeeze to her her hand, it was a message for Ji Son to let it all out. 

Ji Son still had the courage to give a smile before blinking away the tears. "At the funeral, father finally showed his face. I was furious. I yelled at him and told him that I never needed him that I hated him for separating me from umma... that this was all his fault." 

"Unnie, do you still think that?" Seol asked her and Ji Son. " I still mean every word. Why do you think I oppose of him and your mother getting married?" Seol gave a slight frown, visible enough of Ji Son to see as she chuckled. "Your mother.... she's a nice woman. No matter how much I push her back, she would always try again... she's annoying," Ji Son said jokingly, " Just like you." With that, the two girls laughed softely. "Unnie, if you can open up to me, maybe... just maybe, can you try and talk to your father and my mother.... hearing how strong your relationship was with you mother, I guess she would want you to do the same." Ji Son hesitated as she let go of Seol and played with her fingers instead. "I don't think I can forgive father.... but your mother.... I'll try." Seol smiled. "Well it's a start. Unnie." "Hm?" Seol looked to her and smiled. "Thank you for letting me in your heart. I can finally see the real you." With that, Ji Son smiled.  "I'm glad that I did. This family is messes up but, but I am willing to give it a try. Besides, your mother somewhat reminds me of mine." 

The two talked peacefully before Seol's phone began to ring

'I think I'm ugly, and nobody wants to love me.

Just like her I want to be pretty, pr---'

"Hello? Oh, Kai." 

Upon hearing the name, Ji Son looked up at Seol. "Meet you there? Now? Yah!" Seol's conversation with Kai made Ji Son laugh a little. It also made her somewhat sad. She missed him. "Arrasso, arrasso I'll be there. Give me 10 minutes." "Palli!" Ji Son heard on the other side of the conversation. After Seol hung up, she stood up. "Unnie... that was Kai. He wants me to meet him at the... um---" "The garden." Seol's eyes widened. "Oh? How did you know that?" Ji Son stood up as well, walking Seol out. "That garden, Seol, is where we broke up." "Unnie. You have to tell him all of this. Because it's unfair to you. If you don't, I will---" "Don't!" Ji son took hold of Seol's arms. "Please, I don't want him to know... I know it's not fair but still... He looks happy with you and your friends. Please..." Seol sighed. "Fine. But I'll be bugging you from now on unnie." Seol said jokingly. Ji Son looked at her confusingly as Seol could only giggle. "What?" That's what sisters do." With that, Seol waved a hasty goodbye as Ji Son closed her door. She chuckled. "Sisters."


"Yah Kim Jongin!" Those we the first words Seol yelled as he she entered the garden. And as if on cue, Kai came jumping down his signature tree with that smirk on his face. "Seol-ah, why are you mad?" Seol huffed. "Yah, you ruined something important." "Exactly what did I ruin, huh?" Seol held her tongue as she realized what she had just said. Seeing her flustered Kai came over and took her bag from her and put it on the bench. He then turned back, smirking at her. "I interrupted your make out scene with Tao, didn't I?" Seol's eyes widened as her cheeks burned red. "YAH! That's not it!" Kai laughed as he sat himself down on the grass, motioning for Seol to sit as well. She grumbled a few things as she sat down across from him. "So what do you want? I have to meet Tao soon." Kai only hummed. "Date?" Seol nodded just after she realized. "Oh? How did you know that?" Kai scoffed. "Your boyfriend has a big mouth, that's what." Seol giggled as she ruffled her own hair. "That idiot." She said. "Your fault that you chose him, I was available." Kai said jokingly. Seol's face calmed herself a bit before asking her question. "Jongin-ah... have you ever thought about Ji Son?" Kai stopped his laughter and turned to her rather serious looking. "Why do you ask?" Seol shrugged.  "Nothing. I just thought about it." "Well, if you wanted an answer, the answer is no. I would've usually said to other girls who asked me that to bug off, but you Seollie~~~ you're an exception, so the answer is no. I mean I used to, but everything's been going well with our group again and I don't want to ruin it. Don't get me wrong. I did love her." Seol nodded. 

"So why did you call me over again?" Kai smiled as he stood up. "Ah, that, I wanted to show you something. I discovered it myself a little earlier before calling you. C'mon." With that, Seol stood up as well, immediately stopping as she saw Kai start to climb the tree. "I can't climb up there." Kai turned back and gave an encouraging smile. "Yes you can.  Here, take my hand." He let out one of his hands. Seol hesitated but took it and Kai pulled her. "Yah, how much do you eat?" Seol scoffed. "You don't work out much do you? Unlike Tao---" "No no no no no. Please do not compare. Especially with that boyfriend of yours. I'm manly, and he's... he's Tao." Seol laughed as the two slowly climbed  until the top if the tree. At a halt, Kai stopped. "Seol-ah, close your eyes." Seol immediately what she was told as she hears so rumbling. "Okay, you can open them now." Once she opened them, she smiled. "Omo, this is beautiful." 

After moving some tree branches over, Seol was taken by surprise by the beautiful Seoul view. She knew that the school was set hill-wise, but she never knew that hte garden would look upon the city itself as a whole... it was absolutely breathtaking. "It's beautiful. I never knew this garden would overlook the city like that." Seol stated and Kai smiled. " Yeah, it really is. When I first found this, which was like 15 minutes ago, I knew you like these types of things so I called you over." Kai then looked over at Seol. "By the way, what did I really interrupt before you came?" Seol looked back at Kai and smiled cheekily. "Just some things that finally have a good meaning to it." She turned her head back at the scenery as Kai scoffed. "Yah, you call that an answer?" Seol nodded without looking at the boy and he rolled his eyes as he nudged her and took a hold of one of her hands. Seol immediately looked at him surprised and he smirked. "I don't want you to be late for your date tonight." "Oh right!" Seol as well took hold of Kai's hand and together they climbed back down. Kai gave Seol her things and waved her off. "If he tires to kiss you, lean back and run!" Kai yelled back jokingly. Seol turned back and waved. "You know we kissed before right?!" She smiled until her eyes were cresecnt shaped as she disappeared from Kai's sight. "Geez, this girl..." HE mumbled before climbing back up to the tree once more.