Chapter forty-four

EXO's Dream Girl

Kai's POV

"Oppa... Jongin-ah, welcome to my home." 

I froze after Seol stood there welcoming Suho hyung and I. She motioned us to come inside by grabbing our arms and leading us in. "Se... Seol-ah..." "Hm?" "This place... you live here now?" she giggled. "Yeah, I do." 

Just as she closed the door, a familiar fingure stood in front of us. 

"Oh, mother, hello." I immediately bowed and hyung followed right after. "Oh, hello boys, nice of you two to come today." Hyung and I nodded shyly before bowing to another man. "Ah yes, honey these are some of Seol's friends." We bowed. "Hello father, I am Kim Jongin." "Hello, I am Kim Joonmyun." The man smiled kindly at us. "Ah yes. I am Mr. Hwang, Seol's step-father." 

So this was Ji Son's father. It was funny, he was so nice and warm-hearted. She, on the other hand is alittle....

"Ji Son."

We all turned as Seol's mother called her. I froze as Ji Son and I made eye contact. "Ji Son, come here and meet Seol's friends." Mr. Hwang added. She kept a straight face on but inside I knew she was boiling. "I don't want to." She shot me a deadly glare before proceeding her way upstairs. Mr. Hwang turned to us with a sorry face. "I am sorry for my daughter's behavior, she could be a bit stubborn."  I nodded before gulping down. "It's probably not that Mr. Hwang.... maybe she still doesn't want to see us... me in particular."

"Why is that my boy?" 

I sighed. "Because I am your daughter's ex-boyfriend." I looked up at him and saw his face stiffen. "She had a boyfriend? Man, I don't know anything..." Nevertheless, he told the three of us off as Seol grabbed her coat. "Be careful Seol-ah." He called out. "I will! See you later!" she called out as she closed the door behind her.  

We had arrived at a nearby bakery and sat ourselves down. Instantly, Seol gave both hyung and I sympathetic looks. "I am so sorry for not telling you guys about this earlier. I just needed some time to take it all in." I smiled as I flicked her head. "Ah, yah! What was that for?" I smirked. "For saying sorry. You really don't need too, hyung and I are just as shocked as you are right now.... maybe a little more, right hyung?" Suho hyung nodded. "So Seol-ah, what did you want to talk about?" She bit into her bread before nodding in acknowledgement. "Oh yeah."

Seol's (Your) POV

"Hoseok oppa's birthday just passed a few days ago and I want to throw him a surprise party." I stared at the both of them. "Seol-ah, isn't it supposed to be the other way around?" Kai asked. I nodded. "It is, but ever since we were kids, oppa's birthday's would always be on a week day so we couldn't celebrate it because of school. So, we had decided to celebrate it a few days after." I chuckled. "This year, the nut ball forgot about the traditional because of his ego with Tao and he's mad at me." 

The latter of the two nodded in understanding before I took another bite of my bread. "So what does that concern us?" Suho oppa asked. "Oh, I really need help on planning the thing. Since oppa is really good at finding venues, I thought you could help me find on cheap enough to fit my newly high bugdet." He nodded. "There is this one place I have in mind. We celebrated Kai's birthday there a couple of years ago, remember the place Kai?" Kai nodded. "Yeah, I do. How could I forget? You guys blindfolded me and as a birthday present, all of you pushed me into the frozen lake!" He pouted as I burst out laughing. "Yah! That wasn't funny." He turned to me and threw his crumpled tissue at me, of course' I threw it back. 

~

After we finished our food at the bakery, Suho oppa recieved a phone call from the man who owned the venue place. "Ah, really? Thank you very much." He hung up the phone as we all got into his car. "What is it oppa? Is it available for that day?" He looked back and nodded at me. "Yeah, it's available. He said that we could go there and check it out if you want." "Can I?" I asked and he nodded. Oppa put his car in drive and off we went towards the venue. 

I looked out the window to find that we were on the outskirts of Seoul as Suho oppa parked his car up on the hill we had arrived in. We stepped out of the car to find an average sized villa. "Ah, hello Mr. Park." I turned to Suho oppa who was in the middle of greeting a man in a casual suit. Jongin and I stepped up and Suho oppa let out an arm. "Mr. Park, this is Baek Seol, she'll be the one who will look around the place this time." The man smiled at me and I bowed. "The villa hasn't been used in a while but I can assure you that everything is working properly. Joon myun-ah, you can show her around, can you?" Oppa nodded. "Yes, it's no problem at all." With that said, he gave oppa the keys and once he unlocked the door, the three of us went inside. 

"Wow, oppa, this place is perfect!" I exclaimed as I ran up the wooden staircase. I looked around to find that everything was indeed still working and that the view of the mountains were even better up here. I climbed back down to the ground floor as Suho oppa sat on the sofa as if it were his own. "Man, we haven't been here for so long, I actually miss the place... even if I got sick." Jongin walked around with me. "So this must be the lake the exo oppas threw you into, right Jongin-ah?" 

We were at the back of the house where the snow-covered patio lead to a small frozen lake. He sighed. "Yeah, it the one and only." I heard his bitter tone and chuckled. "At least it was a fun night, right?" I looked up at him. "Yeah, it was. I remember when I was still in love with Ji Son that I brought her up here." He exhaled. "Like the hidden garden back at campus, she didn't like it. To her, it was too rocky." This time it was I who exhaled. "Ji Son must bot like nature then. I mean, I don't like it greatly, but I like it enough to enjoy what mother nature has to offer." We both smiled as we looked out the frozen lake. 

Ever so suddenly, a clash of thunder roared from a distance and what followed was the pouring rain. "Omo!" I yelled as Kai and I ran back inside. It had only been a few seconds but we were already drenched with water. We chuckled before Suho oppa cam running back in, he was also drenched. "Oppa, where sis you go?" I asked. "We have a little problem." he stated. 

Grabbing a couple of umbrellas in one of the closets, we followed Suho oppa to his car as he led us to the side of the car. "I didn't even notice before I stepped back out. Because the terrain here is so rocky and dry, the rocks were sharp enough to pierce two out of my four tires. I have one spare, but I still need another. I called a towing company but they said they would be here first thing in the morning because the weather is really bad." I looked up at him.

"Oppa, does that mean...."

"Yeah... we're staying here overnight." 

Suho's POV

We ran back inside as the pressure of the falling raindrops were starting to get heavier by the second. Shaking the water off of the umbrella's we place them in holders outside the door. I sat the two of them down as I looked for spare clothing prepared by Mr. Park earlier. I looked through a couple of doors before finding a bedroom with some sets of clothing on them. 

"I swear to you that that man has to be psychic of something. It's like he knew this would happen." I said as I handed the clothes and some dry towels to my shivering dongsaengs. We quietly dried ourselves off before Seol's phone started to ring. "Hello? Oh, umma..." She stood up and I watched as she walked into another room.

"Hyung." "Hm?" He smirked. "Stop staring at her, she's taken." I scoffed as I threw him a pillow. "Yah, that's not it. She's talking to her parents, I'm just worried for her." "Okay hyung, sure." I turned to him. "Then how about you, huh? What did you guys do back there at the patio?" Kai threw me back the pillow I threw him. "That was nothing. I just showed her the place in which you hyungs pushed me in!"

Before we could tease another word, Seol came out of the room and seated herself next to me. "Umma called me and asked me where I was. I told her I couldn't come home tonight and she got all worried. Then I told her I was still with you two and she relaxed." Kai and I nodded before Seol threw pillows at both of us. we slightly glared at her before she crossed her arms over her chest. "Just because I'm a room doesn't mean that I don't hear both your voices. So instead of teasing each other, you should both take a shower. I'll go after you two are done." 

Both Kai and I turned an embarrassing shade of red before obeying Seol's words. "Sorry!" We yelled from the second floor. "Just take a shower!" She yelled back.

~

The three of us finished washing up and we're now deciding on where we were sleeping. Seol would take the second floor bedroom as Kai and I would take the other bedroom across from hers. 

Though none of us were really tired so we decide to come down to the living room for some chatting. 

"You guys want to watch this?" Kai asked happily as he put on horror movie playing on the T.V. 

"Kai-ah," I started off, " I don't think that's a really good idea." 

"Hyung are you scared?" His smirk grew wider as I hesitated to answer. I cleared my throat. "The question should be, 'are you scared Kim Jongin?" 

Just like me, he hesitated to answer. Next to me, Seol giggled. Kai glared at her. "Yah! I bet you're scared too." "You wanna bet Jongin-ah?" 

Unbelievable.  Even Seol was down to Kai's petty argument. If I didn't know them, I would love assumed they were siblings, or something even more than that...

"Sure. Let's make a bet. We'll watch the whole movie and whoever fidget or screams first will have to do something for the other two winners. Deal?" Kai let out his hand and immediately, Seol shook it.

"Get ready to lose then." She said as she turned to me. "Oppa, come on. We have to shake on it." I looked at her. "Seol-ah,  I still don't think we should do this." Once I finished my statement, the two looked at me and smiled evilly. 

"I guess we'll both be winning then, Suho hyung will be the one screaming tonight." Kai and and they started to laugh. 

"You know what? Let's play. Just get ready to lose because I can hold in my feelings quite well." Seol let out her hand and shook it. "Good. May the most awesome person win." Kai leaned back in his seat as he presses play. 

30 minutes into the movie and I was under a couple of blankets.  I turned my head slightly to find the other two in the exact same positions as I was. I guess we are all scared. 

"Yah, yah she's right behind you." Seol mumbled as she bit into the covers. 

The movie's ghost was coming closer to the star lead and I tightened my grip. She was coming closer and closer and yet the leads don't see it coming. 

"AHHHHHHH!!!" I don't know who it was but someone behind me scared the hell out of me. I was already on the floor before I tried calming myself down. I turned to my left to find Seol in the same position as I was. The only difference was that she was shaking under the covers. 

"HAHAHAHA!" I finally regained my senses as I found Kai staying above us laughing himself senseless. 

"Aish. YAH KIM JONGIN!!!" I threw him a pillow but he caught in anyway. He claimed himself down before wiping a tear from his eye.

At this time, Seol popped out of her covers. "Is... is it gone?" She voice was shaky as I turned off the T.V. "Seol-ah,  it was just Kai acting like an idiot. " "I may be an idiot but I won. You two screamed and I didn't.  I won." He put on a cheeky smile on his face. 

"YAH THAT IS NOT FAIR." Seol practically yelled as she threw pillows at Kai. "Of course it is. I never said that we couldn't scare each other now did I? I just took it a little further with his brain of mine. Now, you two have to do something each for me."

I turned to Seol who put a hand to her head as she looked at me. I knew that gaze. I chuckled secretly before winking at her.

 

Revenge.