Chapter eighteen

EXO's Dream Girl

*** News everyone~

I gave up on using color-code for everyone when the speak so I'll be leaving everything black. I'm sorry for the delays of not posting during the week, but hey, I'm here now! ***

 

Seol's POV

The taxi stopped and I awoke from my little nap. I was exhausted. I tired to pay the driver, but he refused, for the oppas had paid him already. I tiredly smiled as he gave me my bags, they seemed less heavy in my arms since I was not holding my guitar anymore. 

I walked inside my home. Unlike most people, umma and I lived in a traditional home. Appa had loved traditional homes so we have been living here for my whole life. It was quiet... and dark. "Umma? Are you here? I'm home." I called out to umma but I heard nothing. I took out my phone and check the time. It was late, but I knew umma would come home soon. She was still waiting tables. I sighed as I took of my shoes and went into my room, it was still the same little room I grew up in. I set my bags aside and plopped onto my bed

unit-seoul-guesthouse-red.jpg (Seol's Home~)

 

I stared into the dim light coming from my room and felt my eyes water, thinking of my guitar... appa's guitar. I quickly sat up and wiped my tears before the fell. I just had to be strong for appa, I promised him that. I looked around my room and found myself on my feet heading towards appa's study. I slowly opened the door and sighed. Everything looked the same. Umma and I decided to keep appa's study open. We just didn't have the heart to hide our memories in here forever. 

I roamed around the small floor space and managed to trip on a box. I was on when I looked to see what I tripped on. The box was labeled in English with a shaprie marker. Appa's writing. It read -Our Music-

I opened the box to see bunches of manuscript books everywhere. There were also pictures of appa and his students from when he was in America. I smiled as I saw his face. Though it was a picture frame, I felt as if I was looking right at his face.

I rumaged through the other things in the box to find something I had never seen before. It was a tape. There were no labels on it, so I had decided to put it into the small T.V inside the study. The first few seconds were all fuzzy but then it went all clear. It was my 10th birthday party. Appa was taping it. In it, I saw umma serving foods to our relatives. I found my younger self on the center of the stage with the guitar performing '1-4-3'. It was all laugher and happiness. After few more minutes the screen wnet balck and a message appeared onto the screen.

To my little-big girl~

Happy Birthday my baby Seollie~~~ We love you

I stiffled a laugh. "I love you too." I said in the silence. I then heard the front screen slam and before I knew it, umma was inside the study. "Omo, Seol-ah!" I felt tears forming in my eyes as I hugged my mother. "Welcome home~" Umma said to me as she my hair. I sniffled. "Good to be home umma." 

We eventually went out of the study and I watched umma prepare food for our very late dinner. We went on and on about my college life. I felt happy again. "Omo, Seol-ah, where is your guitar? I want to hear my talented daugther play for me again." My smile faded. "Umma... I don't have it anymore." I sighed. I looked over to see her surprised face. "What do you mean Seol?" There was silence for a moment before I spoke out again.

"It's broken and there will be no way in fixing it... ever." I couldn't look up, knowing my tears would fall if I moved. Too late. With my eyes full of tears, they gave way and fell. So much for staying strong. "Umma, umma I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be careless with it... I just.. I just let it our of my sight for a second and-- and then it--it.." I couldn't find the words to say how the guitar broke. 

I finally looked to see umma's smiling face through the blur. She gently took my hand into hers. "Seol-ah, I know you loved that guitar with all your heart. It's okay. Stop crying. You crying is the last thing I would want to see from you, okay?" I nodded as she wiped the tears away from my eyes. I fell into her embrace as I dozed off to sleep. 

Kai's POV

We arrived to Chanyeol hyungs home and grabbed our things from the taxi driver. I continued to look at the home. This home I had to grow up in with honorary family members. "Yah Jongin-ah. Are you okay?" I looked over to see Chanyeol looking over at me concerned. I gave him a smile. "Nothing hyung, I'm fine. It's just nice to be home again." Hyung laughed at my cheesiness before we both entered through the door. 

"Omo! My two sons are finally home!" We were hugged by Chanyeol's mother. "Hello Mrs. Park. It's nice to see you again." I smiled warmly to the woman who had raised me as her own. "Omo, Jonginnie, it's nice for you two to be here. Aigoo!" I was hugged once again. I laughed and hugged her back. Chanyeol was in the midst of talking to his father when I heard him yelling. "Yah, yah! What did I do now?!?" 

I turned over to see Chanyeol getting hit by his older sister, Yura. "You didn't call us for 5 months! That's what you did!" I laughed as I saw Chanyeol hide behind his mom. I laughed before facing Yura. "Noona~" She looked at me and smiled. "Oh, Jongin-ah, you're here too. It's been a while, how are you?" "I'm fine noona." She smiled at my comment before going back to Chanyeol. They had eventually hugged as we were putting our bags into Chanyeol hyungs's room. "Jongin-ah, is this yours?" I heard Mr. Park and came out, seeing him holding the guitar case of Seol's broken guitar. "Ah, yes sir." I gently took it out of his grip. Chanyeol hyung looked at me funny and followed me into the room. "Jongin-ah, is that Seol's?" "Yeah. I'm gonna fix it for her."

Chanyeol hyung sighed. "Kai-ah, That guitar is totaled. It's never going to be fixed." I frowned at his confidence. "Hyung, just trust me on this, okay?" Hyung sighed once again before nodding and left the room.

We went outside and had dinner speaking of anything that came into our minds. After dinner, We were ready to go to bed when we got a text from Suho hyung.

To: Everyone for Christmas secret santa

Hey kids! My family is having their anual Christmas ball on the same day we were supposed to have our scret santa. Can everyone attend the partyand sleep over at place?

Chanyeol hyung and I looked at each other. We shrugged. This was usual, we just didn't like that we had to attend in suits and gowns. We texted that we could. Maybe the others were doing the same.

After a few minutes, another text came.

To: Everyone for Christmas secret santa

Yoo Hoo! Everyone from both countries have called back and everyone can go! See you all in one and a half days. 

-One and a half days later-

No One's POV

It was that day. The day Seol, Bora and the rest of exo were to go to Suho's for their Christmas ball. It was also the day where they would distrubute secret santa gifts. Seol was once again a nervous wreck.

She had no idea why she had yes to attending such a high class party, she didn't know much about their social manners and the uptight dress code. Hopefully, they would all be like her trusted Suho oppa.

Seol was in her room pacing as to what to wear. Yesterday, she had given Bora her address so that they would go to the ball together. Within an hour, a knock came into the front door/screen. 

Seol's umma had opened the door and directed Bora to Seol's room. Bora bowed in respect before entering Seol's room. 

"Seol-ah! What are you doing not ready yet?" Bora looked down at Seol's sweater and jeans. Seol sighed. "I don't even know why I said yes. I don't have anything to wear." Seol looked upto Bora. "Bora, I think you should go without me." Bora scoffed at her depression. "I knew this was going to happen... that's why I came prepared. In a second, Bora left and came back with a mysterious dress covered with a a covering. "You will wear this." 

Seol looked up in surprise and smiled brightly at her before jumping onto her, jumping the life out of her. They both laughed when Bora gave the gown to Seol and she disappeared into the bathroom.

30 minutes later, Seol immerged from the bathroom wearing the beautiful gown. Seol stood up shocked. "Wow. Seol-ah, you look amazing." Seol blushed. "Thank you Bora." Bora had helped Seol with her hair and make-up and after saying goodbye to Seol's umma, they took their sleepover bags and their gifts heading for Suho's grand christmas ball.