Chapter thirty-nine

EXO's Dream Girl

Seol's POV

"Op...oppa..." I looked at him sympathetically, yet confused on why he was here in the middle of the night. I stood up as soon as I felt Tao's grip on me loosen. 

"Oppa... what are you doing here?" "Mother called me and told me you were coming here first, so she told me to look after you. She won't be back until tomorrow afternoon... but I see you already had company." We both turned to Tao who had also stood up. I could feel the burdening tension building up so I decided to let the two of them outside to the living room. 

I gave them both a warm glass of milk as I opened the t.v; maybe it would ease the tension. 

It didn't. 

I sat in the middle between them. Tao on my left and oppa to my right. We continued to watch the latest of 'My Love from the Stars'. It was favorite drama this year. I guess I forgot the fact that the two most important men in my life [next to appa] were glaring at each other as I crouched down to lean on the coffee table to get a better look on the drama.

"Ah! Hui Kyeong (drama character) was awake, omo, your brother is mental!" I yelled as I sipped my now cold beverage. I didn't care though, I was to into the drama, that I forgot about my own. 

The drama ended and I checked the time on my phone. 2:45. My eyes widened as I immediately turned to the two on the couch. I smiled as I saw both Tao and oppa were sleeping, on each was a plus. I held in a giggle as I quietly took a picture of them. I grabbed a couple of blankets from my room and spread them on Tao and oppa. I carefully rested their heads on a small pillow. Their silence was my joy. They actually looked like they didn't hate each other.

I sighed as I lightly kissed Tao's forehead. I then looked over at Hoseok oppa. I brushed the hair that covered his eyes and smiled. "So he's going to be a blonde now, huh?" I whispered as I closed the lights and headed to my room. 

"Goodnight boys~" 

I laid back in my bed and starred up to the dark ceiling. "Ji Son is going to be my stepsister". I said quietly as I sighed. "She isn't a bad person as she seems.... right?" With that I put my thought off for tomorrow and closed my eyes. 

Ji Son's POV

I sped at the top limit on the highway. Other cars honked at me and I shouted back. I left my coat back at the venue, but no way in hell was I going to go back there. In my gown I turned off the ignition of my car, slamming the door as I stepped out in the freezing weather. 

The doorman opened the door and I was greeted with warm heat. I stomped my way to the elevator and punched the pent house button. "They're getting married, tch." I said to myself. The doors opened as stepped inside. Punching my code, I slipped off my heels and into my slippers. The lights as I walked by, climbing upstairs to my bedroom.

Vdara-2-story-penthouse-suite.jpeg  Pink Superb Deluxe Modern Teenage Girl Cool Bedrooms Design Ideas

I pulled the gown off my and threw it across my room. Never in my life did I feel like  my life was filled with nothing, that I had nothing. Never in my life had I felt this angry before. Father was getting married to another woman. I rolled my eyes. My hate burned even more since that woman was Seol's mother.

I splashed cold water on my face, removing all the make-up I had on with it. I put new pajama's on as I walked out and laid on my bed. I took a pillow to cover my mouth and I screamed. "This is complete bull..." I said as I removed the pillow from my face. I realized that my pillow was wet. I sat up to feel my face. Tears.

I sighed as I wiped them off, but when if I did, more kept coming down. Pretty soon, I turned into a crying mess. "S***..." I said, trying to catch my breath. "Aish... mom..." I cried out, "What do you think about this?"

 

 

                                                                                    -FLASHBACK-

"Umma!" I yelled as I came running to the kitchen. Umma turned around and smiled at me. "Ji Son-ah, my little princess." She turned more and I hugged her. "How was school?" "Umma, it was amazing. We did a dance competition against the seniors and we won! We middle schoolers, beat the high school seniors!" Umma smiled. "Well, that because they have you as the captain. You are the best. Aigoo, I'm so proud of you." 

"Aniyo umma," I turned to face her, " there are other people in my group that can dance better than I can...I admire them." Umma caressed my face and smiled. "Aigoo, isn't my Ji Son too nice for everyone?" I giggled. "Umma, everyone needs kindness, everyone has it... I just happen to have a lot!" I formed a heart with my arms as I touched my head. Umma laughed and smiled. 

~

 

"Ji Son-ah, call your father in his study. Dinner is ready."  "Ne!" I yelled as I ran up the stairs and crossed the hall, reaching father's study. I knocked. "Father, it is time for dinner. Umma is calling you." 

"Oh... uh, Ji Son, tell your mother I'm not eating. Go on, you two can eat together." He said behind the closed door. "But---" "Ji Son-ah, I have a lot of work to do, so will you please leave me?!" I sighed as I held in my tears. "...Okay."

I walked down to where I came from with my head hung low. My face grimaced. How could he forget?! Not eating because he's busy, tch. He's always busy. But he should at least take time for umma and I, especially since it's her day today. 

I stepped inside the kitchen. I felt guilty as I faced umma's smiling face. "Oh, Ji Son-ah, where's your father?" I looked at her sadly. "He said he's not leaving. He said to leave him alone to finish his work." Immediately umma's smile dropped, but not all the way. She was trying to show mw she was 'okay'. "Oh, that's okay Ji Son-ah, come on, we'll eat, and then blow the cake you bought together, okay?" I nodded as I tried to smile for her. "Happy birthday, umma. I love you forever." I said as I hugged her. She smiled as she hugged me back. "I love you too Ji Son-ah. Forever and always."  

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday my dear umma~ happy birthday to you~~" I sang as umma clapped along. "Umma, make a wish." She closed her eyes and then blew the candles out. "Yayyy! Umma, what did you wish for?" I sat next to her as she smiled. "If I told you, it wouldn't come true, now would it?"I pouted as I nodded. "Oh, yeah." "it's alright Ji Son-ah, I wished for this family to live on happily... but I guess we are living happily, right?" I nodded. "Yeah, umma makes everything better." I smiled as I grabbed icing from the cake and smeared it across her face. "Ah, Ji Son-ah! Come here!" I screamed as I ran around the kitchen island trying to get away from her. I ran into the hallway asnd umma followed.  

As soon as I turned around, she was there and smeared a handful of cake on me. With compplete shock, I fell on my , my face blank. "Hahaha, omo, Ji Son, are you okay?" Umma asked, but she was having trouble ctaching her breath from laughing. "Umma, you scared me!" I whined. Umma laughed even more. "What a chicken, ah, you gave me a good laugh my daughter~"

~

 

"I walked from the driveway as I unlocked the door. "I'm hom---" "THEN LEAVE!" I froze in front of the doorway as I heard my father's voice boom all the way from the 2nd floor. "I'M TAKING JI SON WITH ME!" That was umma's voice. I was now a middle school senior as I saw umma running down the stairs, her face red, and her eyes puffy. "Umma?" She looked up and her eyes widened. "Umma, what's going on?"

We walked hand in hand to my room. We passed by father's study and I felt umma's hand grip onto mine. I pretended that it didn't hurt and I opened my bedroom door and she shut it hard after we were both inside. Immediately, umma fell to the floor  and started to sob. I ran to her. "Umma, what's wrong?" I could hear only a few words as her sobbing gradually became stronger. Never in my life did I see umma cry this hard, and... it hurt to see her like this. "Umma... please tell me what is going on..." Umma sat up and looked through her red puffy eyes and into mine. "Your father and I are getting a divorce." She stated and I fell back.

"Umma, why?" My tears started to flow stronger now. "I thought that you and father loved each other." She smiled. "Yes, Ji Son-ah,  we loved." "Umma when you two fight for custody... I want to be with you. I don't want to be with father, please take me with you." Umma sympathetically smiled as she caressed my cheek with her thumb. "I am going to fight for you, okay? I love you Ji Son." she cried as did I. "I love you too umma, forever and always." 

The next day, I awoken up to find umma no where. There was a small breakfast set for me, but there was no sign of umma. I dressed in my school uniform and looked around for her. "Umma?" I called out. There was nothing, only the large echoing in the mansion. Just then father came down the stairs and I avoided him immediately, still looking for umma. "Umma!"

"Your mother isn't here anymore." He simply stated as he fixed his tie. I turned my head and glared. "What do you mean?" I growled slightly. He looked at me like it was nothing. "As of last night, your mother was kicked out of this home. She isn't allowed in here, got it?" I rolled my eyes. "Where did you send her?" "She went back to Seongnam." My eyes widened. Seongnam was so far way from Seoul itself. "Then how am I supposed to visit her?!" I yelled. Father looked at me with stern eyes. "You're not." My eyes filled with tears to the brim." "What?" "Hwang Ji Son. You are not going to go there because you will be in my custody."

~

 

I blanky put on my blazer as I fixed my hair into another tight ponytail. Court day... again. This had been going on forever, and I really didn't know when it would end. These time would have been so much harder if I didn't have Kai by my side. Being my boyfriend, he took care of me, I was very thankful because of that. He was the only person I trusted next to umma. Father was not even the picture.

My car dropped me off in front of the courthouse and I climbed the stairs to the designated room. I texted Kai one more time to say that I made it here safely before I put my phone on vibrate. I didn't even know that I bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm sor-- umma."

A woman turned to see me and her face brightened. "Omo, it's my Ji Son!" She cried as she pulled me into her embrace. I hugged her back crying well into the back of her dress. "Umma, I missed you so much." She patted the back of my head. "I missed you too Ji Son-ah." 

Our eyes were filled with tears as we parted. "You're going to be my guardian, right?" I asked umma as I saw her frown a little. "Let's hope so Ji Son-ah."

"Ji Son." We both turned to find my father inside the courtroom. I ignored him and turned back to umma. Umma saw my actions and tried to smile for me. "Go on, Ji Son-ah, your father is waiting for you. I'll see you after this is over, okay?" I grimaced at her, but sighed and hugged her once more. "Okay. I love you umma." I said as I kissed her cheek. She smiled. "I love you too Ji Son-ah." "Forever and always." We both said in unison. 

I turned to where father was and with heavy steps went to him. He tried to put a hand on my shoulder but I shoved it off and sat in a seat farthest from him. Soon the case began.

1 hour...

3 hours...

5 hours of waiting to who will become my guardian. They made me stand up to testify who I would want and I clearly said umma, and umma only. The judges left hours ago still deciding who I should be with. I rubbed my temples as I was slowly getting frustrated. Just then, they came out one by one. "We have come to a decision to the legal guardian of Hwang Ji Son." One judge stated. I crossed my fingers as the judge opened his books. "Hwang Ji Son's legal guardian will be.... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mr. Hwang Ji Hoon, Ji Son-sshi's father." 

My heart literally fell to the floor and tears erupted from my eyes. Umma lost me. I stood up and found umma. She also saw me with tears in her eyes. I was fuming. Hours of waiting and this is what bulls*** I had to come with. Umma may have lost me, but there was no way I was losing her. 

I ran from my seat and over to umma's side of the courtroom. She was surprised, but nevertheless, happy to see me. "Umma, I'm not letting them separate us." I stated. "Ji Son-ah, I want to have you, but we cannot go against the law.... I'm so sorry my daughter, I'm so sorry that I lost you." She cried. I tried to be strong, but it didn't work. Tears and more tears came from my eyes. 

"Ji Son, let's go. We're leaving." Father took a hold of my wrist and I immediately pulled out of it. "GET AWAY FROM ME! ARE YOU BLIND? I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU, I WANT TO BE WITH UMMA!!!" I yelled and pretty soon the entire courtroom was looking at us. 

"Ji Son, I'm not asking another time." I scoffed. "And I'm not telling you that I'm going with you again." I turned back to umma only to be turned back to father. Without a word, he was pulling me out of the courtroom, away from umma. Umma ran after me, and I tried in everyway possible to get back to her. "UMMA!" I yelled after her. "JI SON-AH!" At the front, she was stopped by father people as she tried to get to me. It was hopeless. We lost. I cried even more before finding my voice again. "UMMA, I LOVE YOU!" I screamed. "I LOVE YOU TOO JI SON-AH!" Once again in unison our voice screamed. "FOREVER AND ALWAYS!!!" 

~

 

Ever since then, I completely shut out father from my life. I graduated with no one there to place a medal on my neck, no one to take pictures with me. I had nothing. Kai helped me out as much as he could, but he couldn't fill my heart with anything umma had filled with. 

It was valentine's day. I was getting ready for school as I the t.v. I ate my breakfast silently as I listened to the news reporter. 

'LIVE: A messy car accident in the main highways. It is said to be a mid thirties woman--- omo, she's still alive. "I... am... Hwang... Hwang Hye Son." I stopped chewing and looked up in the screen. Umma. 

"My daughter... Ji Son-ah... of you're watching this.... I'm sorry. I... I was goign to get you, but got into and accident." She laughed slightly as she painfully coughed blood up. My tears fell through my eyes. "Ji Son-ah... this is your mother. I love you, dear." She said. I cried as I knew was coming. I took a breath and followed her words. "I love you... forever and always." With that, umma passed out on screen and the reporter took it back. I didn't care what she was saying and ran to the hospital she stated. 

Umma was in the ER and I was pacing outside. The whole day passed by and the doctor eventually came out, blood all over him... umma's blood. He saw me and he frowned. "Are you the patients daughter?" I nodded hastily. "Is she okay?" He sighed.

"Im sorry, ma'am. The car was crushed and her entire windshield crushed her vital organs... there was no way of saving her. Hopefully you watched her last few moments to you this morning. I am very sorry. You can go in to see your mother one more time." I bowed as I ran into the room. There, a body laid and was covered with a white blanket. The nurses left us alone and I grabbed her hand. It was ice cold. 

"Umma..?" Of course, there was no answer. I didn't want to accept this fate. I fell to the floor and sobbed, still holding umma's hands. "I love you umma..." I said through my sobs, "... like we say, I love you, forever and always."

~

There weren't many people who came to the funeral. Umma's didn't have any family but me and... him. I threw in my flower as tears joined. Kai was there to support me through, but there was still so much pain. "I love you... forever and always." I cried as I fell to the ground. Father had his sunglasses on and was standing far from me. As the buried her, the was rage which boiled inside me. I turned to father and ran to him. I picked up wet clumps of dirt and threw in at him. He didn't stop me though. "YOU!" I yelled. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. IF YOU HAD LET ME BE WITH UMMA, THIS WOULDN'T HAD HAPPENED. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU NEVER LOVED UMMA, NEVER LOVED US. BECAUSE OF YOU, SHE'S GONE... YOU KILLED HER." I yelled. Kai tried to hold be back, but I pushed him back. 

Father looked stern through his glasses as she started to pat of the dirt off his suit and face. "Are you done with your tantrum?" He asked. Unbelievable. "YOU! WHY DO YOU LIVE?! YOU NEVER CARED FOR US!!! YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE WHO DIED!!!! I HATE YOU! DO YOU HEAR THAT? I HATE YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL. YOU, YOU WILL NEVER BE ONE I LOVE, YOU WILL NEVER BE SOMEONE I CARE ABOUT!" I yelled like there was no tomorrow. Kai carried me to his car and drove me home. There as complete silence until he spoke. "You really didn't mean any of that right?" I turned to him with my tired face. "He may be my father Kai, but I meant every word I said. Every word.

                                                                              -FLASHBACK END-

I wiped the tears that came from my eyes as I remembered all these horrible memories. I scoffed. "I still mean every single thing." From under my bed, I took out a small box. In it, was a picture of umma and I on her birthday. "I love you umma, forever and always." I sighed. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this... there is no more love in my heart anymore. Umma, I still need you by my side, take me away from her..."

I placed the picture frame to my heart. The silence in my home helped me sort my mind out as I laid in bed with the picture frame. "Umma, I'm sorry you have to see this side of me..." I kissed umma's picture and placed it on my desktop. I covered myself with my blankets and closed my eyes. The lights closed on my command as I spoke. 

"Get ready for hell, Seol. You'll see how messed up our family really is." 

                                                            GirlsDayHyeriSomething-575x383.jpg