Chapter fifty-five

EXO's Dream Girl

"Now you're daughters should get plenty of rest. Ji Son-sshi still has bruising on her lower abdomin as Baek Seol-sshi---"

"YAH!" The doctor stopped as both he, Mr. Hwang,  and Ms. Adams looked over to find Seol laughing out as they also found Kai on the floor.  "You are sick yet you still have the energy to hit me?!" Kai said outrageously as Seol wiped a tear from her eyes. "Yeah, I do. That's what you get for leaving unnie in her room like that.

Kai stopped laughing as Seol helped him back on his feet once more as she finished packing her clothes in her small suitcase her parents brought. "Why do you always blame me?" Kai questioned as Seol finished zipping. "Because you're always at fault Jongin-ah. You know, if you could give unnie another chance, I am sure you two will get on good terms... I'll be like your substitute cupid! " Kai playfully scoffed as he took the suitcase away from Seol's hands. Just at that moment, Tao has walked in with yet another teddy bear for Seol. The others were piled in the corned of Seol's hospital room as Mr. Hwangs driver was collecting them.

"Tao-ah, you didn't have to get me another one... I have plenty now." Seal pouted as Tao embraced her for a hug. "Nothing is enough for my girl~" Tao sang as Kai pretended to throw up. "Ugh,  too much cheap pick up lines." Both Seol and Tao glared at Kai as Tao threw the teddy bear at him. "Yah!"


 "Unnie,  I'll help you!" Ji Son turned to find Seal making her way up their cobble stone driveway with Tao jogging after her. She smiled. "I'm okay Seol-ah,  besides, I don't think Tao-sshi would like that." Both girls turned their heads to find Tao with a stiff, but kind looking face. "I'll... um... I'll take it to your room and you two can rest in the living room." Ji Son blinked at Tao's sudden action as she could only watch him take her lone suitcase from her hand, walking into their home. Seol smiled. 'That's my man.' She thought.

"Ms. Kim, hello!" Seol jumped over to give her care taker a giant hug. "Omo, Seol ajasshi... you scared me. Welcome home... to the both of you." Seol smiled as she motioned for Ji Son to follow her into the living room. "It seems as if this house got a whole lot brighter with you and your mother living here." Ji Son stated as she sat down next to Seol. "It's not only that unnie, your mood changed back to your normal self... a happy, cheerful Ji Son." Ji Son chuckled as she took in Seol's words. She was right.

"Yah, these are yours!" Kai then popped his head into the living room holding Seol's package of stuffed animals Tao had collected for her. "Be careful with them!" Seol leaped over to where he was as she took the package away from him. "I'll be right back, in the meanwhile... keep Ji Son unnie some company, okay?" Kai opened his mouth to argue back but Seol was already jumping up the stairs. "This girl..." he mumbled as he caught a glimpse of Ji Son trying to stand up. Without thinking, he ran up to her. "Yah, I heard the doctor said to stop moving so the pain subsides." Ji Son looked at him as he effortlessly sat her back down, eventually taking a seat next to her. Of course he still remembered what he heard him say a few days ago in her hospital bed... it had just made their situation even more awkward than it was before, although the pain of heartbreak was no longer there.

"Oh, Jongin-ah, would you like to stay over for dinner, we can invite your friends over tonight." Mr. Hwang stepped in with Seol's mother in hand. Kai had gotten up from his spot next to Ji Son as he bowed respectfully. "I would love to, but I think but Seol and Ji Son need their rest. Maybe some other time, sir." Mr. Hwang chuckled as he nodded. "Of course. We'll make arrangements some other time. And Jongin-ah." "Yes?" "Being it that you and your friends are my best men, I would really appreciate it if you can lose the honorifics and call me 'father'." Kai could only smile shyly as he nodded. " Of course... father."

Mr. Hwang put a supportive hand on the boys shoulder and smile. "it would be nice to have a son like you in addition to Ji Son and Seol, don't you think honey?" Seol mother sat down where Kai was last seated next to Ji Son and nodded in agreement.  "Of course! Don't forget, we also have Tao and Seol." And as if on cue, both Tao and Seol arrived hand in hand. "Speak of the two lovebirds." Kai chuckled. Immediately, he took Tao into a playful headlock as he bid a short goodbye to Seol. "It's getting pretty late so we'll be leaving. If it's okay with you, we'll come back with the others and celebrate then." Kai let go of Tao as they both bowed, Tao even giving Seol a quick peck on her cheek before he left. "Aigoo, those boys..." Mr. Hwang chuckled. "Let's go eat then ladies." He said as he took Seol's mother's hand into his. The girls nodded as they supported each other into the kitchen. 


Late as it was, the house was quiet as Ji Son combed her hair to the rhythm of the soft music playing within her room. "Unnie?" Ji Son turned to find Seol's head peeking from her bedroom door. She smiled. "You can come in Seol-ah." The younger of the two smiled as Seol went in, closing the door behind her. Out of instinct, she sat directly in Ji Son's bed, laying on her stomach facing the older girl. "Do you need anything?" Ji Son asked as she stopped the music. "Aniyo." Seol replied. "I just wanted to say thank you... for everything." Ji Son put down her brush as she looked over at Seol, dumbfounded. "What?" 

"Unnie, when Jimin-sshi came after us, you fought back for Jongin... and you also fought back for me... thank you." Ji Son smiled as she laid next to Seol. "You know, you really didn't have to say that. Me changing is your doing and this is no where as near as how badly I treated you in the start." Seol chuckled. Ji Son turned to her and gave Seol a little nudge. "Wae? Why are you laughing?" 

"Just because..." She giggled.

Ji Son smiled, eventually giving a small laugh. "You know, now that you're here and that everything's changed... I'm really grateful to have you as my future sister, Seol-ah."

Seol quietly turned to Ji Son to find tears in her eyes. She said nothing, only observing her older sister. "I thought that I wouldn't be able to do all this again. But with you here, it's like my mother sent me and appa a guardian angel, and a second chance to live as a family. 

 

FLASHBACK FROM DINNER

Whilst eating, everything was filled with a enjoyable silence, although not for long as Mr. Hwang let out a small chuckle. All heads turned to him as he sipped his water. "We actually feel like a real family tonight." Seol's mother smiled as she took his hand into hers. "And hopefully, we'll have this going on forever." Ji Son swallowed and cleared . 

"Ahem..." She started off. Once again, heads turned to her as she clutched the napkin on her lap. "After all that's happened in the beginning, I.... I would like to say..... I'm sorry." 

Ji Son found the courage to lift her head to face three sincere looking faces with small smiles upon their faces. "I'm sorry that I didn't accept this whole re-marriage from the beginning, but thanks to my new sister, I've learned to accept our two families merging together to become one.... when the wedding comes, I'll have a new mother and sister who I know they will love father and I." the silence was still there before Seol took hold of Ji Son. without knowing, she was pulled into a hug. "I like you like this unnie, your old, kind self... just like you told me." 

At that moment, a chair pulled back. The two girls let go of each other as they found Mr. Hwang standing before them. Seol smiled as she went towards her mother, grabbing her into a hug as well.

"Father---" Ji Son she started although never finished her sentence when Mr. Hwang also took Ji Son into a tight hug. Ji Son could feel her back getting wet as she realized her father, she strong father was actually crying. "You do not know how much this means to me, to us, and to this family. I know I haven't been the best father to you, but you giving me... no us this chance to be together again, I promise that I will be better. For you and your mother. For Seol and her mother." 

Ji Son's tears finally came down, turning into silent sobs as Mr. Hwang let go. "I will be a better daughter too... appa." Mr. Hwang's smile grew wider as hs daughter finally dropped the respectful tones and back to the tone she used to use when she was a child, when they were once closer. an now, all those good memories are coming back. 

With that, Mr. Hwang made room for Seol's mother to step up. Seeing her awkward stance facing her step daughter, Ji Son wiped her tears and made her first move towards her, giving them the first mother- daughter moment they ever had ever since they came into Ji Son's life. "I'm so happy that you finally accepted us into you life... into your heart." Seol's mother wiped her tears as she looked to find Seol and Mr. Hwang e,bracing one another, just she used to do with her father when Seol was still a little girl. 

"I know I won't ever replace your mother, but I'm happy enough to let me be there for you. Both me and your father will be there by your side, by Seol's. We will be one." 

Ji Son smiled as she motioned for her father and Seol to join in for the family hug. This was a start of something new, something that Ji Son had been waiting for a long time... love.

FLASHBACK END

"Unnie, you deserve to be loved just like anyone else in the world. It's just that the right people have to come in to give it to you." Seol sat up, motioning Ji Son to follow in her actions. "Think of this. Umma and I will be by your side, by father's side and this family will be together..... forever and always."

Ji Son's eyes widened at the last three words. Apparently, Seol noticed her reaction to her statement. "Waeyo? Did I say something wrong unnie?" Ji Son shook her head and looked at her. "Ani, you didn't say anything wrong... it's just that those three words... 'forever and always...' umma and I would always say that, even when she laid there dying. She said that she loves me... forever and always." Seol nodded sweetly. "You know, now that I think of it, seeing you now reminds me of my mother Seol-ah. It's like a part of her got reincarnated into you... it's like it was destiny that we were to become a family." Seol smiled as she leaned her head on Ji Son's shoulder. "Destiny is weird sometimes unnie. We don't see it coming, yet we write our paths we are supposed to lead. It's like your mother was our destiny... to find us and make us into one loving family." Ji Son smiled. "Maybe you're right Seol-ah. Maybe..."

"Unnie, I guess we should rest now. We're really not in best of shape and we should get our rest for the last wedding ceremony rehearsal tomorrow. The exo members are going to be there so look more beautiful than you already do~" Seol sang as she wiggled her eyebrows, causing Ji Son to snort. "Just go get some rest Seol-ah." "Okay, unnie. Get some rest too!" Seol hugged Ji Son one last time before exiting her room to make her way to hers. Ji Son then went to bed, staring at the empty ceiling above her. "Umma... you sent Seol to us right?" She smiled. "Seol is our destiny." She said before her eyes fluttered shut. 


A few weeks later~

"Omo, omo, omo, omo!" The salon where the girls had their own time to get ready, Seol was practically everywhere, running back and forth in her maid of honor's dress that she and Ji Son had first agreed to, shoeless and hair half done. "Yah! Come back here and get yourself ready!" Seol barely turned her head, but she already knew that Bora was following right after her, completely ready whislt she was a hot mess. "Bora-ah, I have to drop this off to umma's side of the parlor! I'll be right back!" Bora muttered words to herself before stopping. "Do you not know Seol?"  An all dressed Hyoyeon chuckled as Bora gasped for air. "Yeah, I know her. Letting everyone get what they need before getting what she needs first." But this is a special day. And she's the co. maid of honor!" 

Seol could practically hear Bora's arguments from across the parlor as she knocked on her mother's dressing room door. "Come in." Seol smiled as she carefully closed the door behind her. She also gasped when she saw her mother in her wedding gown. Her short dark hair was now swifted into a small vintage bun as one of the stylists were applying her veil. Seol smiled as she hopped over to her mother. "Do I look good?" Seol nodded as she hugged her moth tightly. "Umma, you look beautiful!"  They bowed at the stylists before they left, thanking them for what they did. "Seol-ah, you should be getting ready as well. We're going to leave in 45 minutes." Seol smiled. "Umma, I know. I can be ready in 20. I just wanted to give you something." From behinf her, Seol pulled out a small box. Seol's mother looked confused for a moment, only to gasp as she watched Seol open the box. 

il_340x270.471024510_3fu4.jpg

"This was the necklace I found when I was a child crying in appa's study. I noticed that you two were wearing it when you got married... and now that you have a second chance in love... I am certain that appa would want you to give this to Mr. Hwang. Of course, appa has your weddding ring as his symbol but as a new beginning, you can give this to him. Appa would want you two." Seol's mother sighed as she pulled Seol in for a hug. "I know he would want this too, he's watching over us, like he always does. Immediately, Seol's mother put the bigger part of the necklace around her neck whislt she took hold of the 'with me' part into her hands. "Thank you Seol-ah." She smiled. "It's like your father is still here, supporting us through you." Seol giggled as she wiped her mother's tears before it ruined her make-up. "Omo, making me cry already." She finished wiping the rest of her tears before kissing her daughter's forehead. "Now, you should get ready now." Seol nodded as she hugged her mother once more. "To our new family." She whispered. "To our new family." Her mother whispered back. "To our new family!" Both women jumped as they found Ji Son laughing. 

Unlike Seol, she was comletely ready. Beige shoes already strapped and her short brown hair put into an updo with a crystal headband to finish her look. Ji Son hugged her soon-to-be mother as she gasped at Seol. "Yah! You're not even ready!" Seol chuckled as she put her hands up. "I know, I know. I was leaving." Ji Son hugged her mother once more and led Seol outside. "This is never going to work. I'll finish your hair and make-up." Seol nodded as she was lead back to her part of the salon. Bora and Hyoyeon stopped their talking and turned to find Seol and Ji Son arm in arm laughing. 

Of course, like everyone else in their little group, they had a hard time accepting Ji Son for what she'd done all this time, but seeing the sisterly bond between the two as time passed on, they accecpted her as if they've been friends all this time. The same goes for the rest of exo, all except for Kai... or so they think. 

"Oh! Finally, you brought this one back. Ji SOn-ah, you have to help me with Seol's hair and make-up." Bora pulled Seol into a seat as Ji Son finished hugging Hyoyeon. "I know, I was going to anyway. So you do hair and I'll do the make-up?" Bora nodded as she brought out the curling iron. "And I'll just sit here waiting for our leave~" Hyoyeon said jokingly. 

As promised, the girls were finished with Seol in 20 minutes. Finally putting her heels on, she and Ji Son really looked like co. maid of honors... like sisters. Just like Ji Son, Seol's hair was put into a bun with few braids to keep its curly volume. It was also a last minute change in wedding venue. In a little while, Mr. Hwang and Seol's mother were to get married in a small chapel by the beach, in which the reception would be held since it was the perfect day to get married today. 

It seems as if both Ji Son's mother and Seoll's father are indeed watching over~


***** Hello every reader, it's Justmyself5 here! Very , very sorry for not updating for a while. There was just alot of work I've been doing in school, all good and no stress though... I think~ Anyway, I managed to bring myself to update today. I'm trying to speed things up to end E.D.G for I want to give all attention to my new fanfic right after this one ends. Hopefully, all my subbies can subscribe to thaat fanfic when it makes its debut and support just as much as E.D.G! Anyway, see you all in the next update~*****