Being Alone

Cover Girl

Hello! How have you been?

I'm deeply sorry for the super late update and for me who barely talk here. Life is a bit hard by now and I kinda got writer's block:(

This is the last chapter of Cover Girl, so please enjoy this chapter!<3

-stephaniekim-

 

 


 

The wanted underground criminal, Kim Jungmo, have been found dead with 3 gun shots on his body. The police stated they're still investigating his dead, still can't decide either his dead is an accident or a murder. The gun itself is missing from the crime scene.

 

 

Sera turned off the TV with a sigh. On her lap, there's a white jar with her brother's name written on its body. Sera hugged the jar slowly, feeling the cold object touching her hot skin. She put her chin on top of it, slowly inhaled like she still can smell her brother.

Its been a week after Hyunseung's death. His friends decided to brought him out without the ambulance, they told her it was too risky to bring him to the hospital because the police might find them. Knowing Hyunseung didn't make it, Sera didn't have anymore energy to argue with them when the brought his body to their house. They held their own private funeral the next day and let Sera keep his ashes. The other 5 man knew how bad his dead hit her. Hyunseung was the only family she had, now she was left alone.

"Sera, please eat,"

Or not, she thought.

She looked at her side and found Myungsoo with a bowl of cream soup on his lap. His eyes looked tired, same as her, as he stayed at her apartment since Hyunseung left. Sera barely eat anything, every food Myungsoo gave her, she ended threw them up. She can't eat when all she can think in her mind was his blood on her clothes and the strong smell who brought nausea to her stomach. She felt bad to Myungsoo, but he totally understood. The girl just lost her only family, she must be in great shock now.

 

"You know, right, I can't eat them without throwing up after that." Sera looked at him softly.

Myungsoo gave her a reassure smile, "I know. But I hope this one will do." He scooped the soup and put it in front of .

Sera replied his smile right before she opened and take the food. She immediately felt the nausea inside . Sera held herself from choking, she can't throw up this time. Not after what Myungsoo did for the past days.

 

Myungsoo breathed in relieve when Sera showed no more sickness. Her face was still pale but she managed to gulped down the soup. He was going to scoop more when her hand stopped him. Wondered, Sera picked the spoon from his hand and scoop some. "You think I don't know you haven't eat since yesterday?"

He smiled with the spoon in front of his mouth. Gladly, he took it. Myungsoo can see the red shade on her pale cheek. None of them mind the blush one each other's cheek. Myungsoo snatched back the spoon from her hand and did the same to her. It didn't take long till both of them finished their meal. Myungsoo went to the kitchen to put the bowl in the sink and walked back to her. Sera felt his arms wrapped around her shoulder. She found herself leaning to his broad shoulder and sighed. This became their daily routine. After Myungsoo done tried to feed her, he will wrap his arms around her thin body till she fall asleep without a word. Then he'll tuck her to bed and sleep beside her. 

"Myungsoo?" she whispered. 

He hummed on top of her head as a response. Sera leaned closer to him, feeling his breath on her crown. She sighed before she said, "where do you think we should spread his ashes?"

Myungsoo looked down to the jar inside her arms.He hugged her tighter, "you sure you want to do it now?"

Sera nodded. "I know if I keep this I can't forget him. No, I can't forget him, but at least I have to live well without him."

"At least I have to realize I'm all by myself now. I have to live by my own."

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes for a while. "I'm here, Sera."

"But till when?" she let go of his hug and stared at him deeply. "Until when, Kim Myungsoo?"

He reached her hands and linked it with his. Their hands fit perfectly, like two pieces of puzzle. Myungsoo looked at her brown orbs, "Until you get bored of me. Until you think I can't love you enough. Until you're tired of my love, Jang Sera."

She can't hide her smile. Sera stared down at their linked hands, thinking how cute they were. She felt blessed with Myungsoo beside her. She let go of his fingers and let her hand traveled to his bangs. It was getting longer, almost blocking his beautiful eyes.

"I have thinking this for a while." she whispered as she fixed his hair. Myungsoo let himself lean to her touch, "what is that?"

Sera put her hands on top of Hyunseung's jar and smiled sadly at him. "I think you're the one who my brother sent to be beside me."

Myungsoo smiled shyly. He put her hands on top of hers, rubbed it gently. His smile never leave his face as they stared into each other. "Thank you."

"Why?" she asked in confusion. He chuckled at her confusion. He slowly picked the jar from her lap so he can get closer to her. Myungsoo cupped her face lovingly. Sera was red, she can feel his breath collide with hers. 

"Thank you for letting me here beside you." he said. 

 

Sera put aside all her worry as she put her lips on his. Warm, that's what she felt when their lips met. He moved his lips on hers, holding her face like she was a fragile glass. Sera circled her arms around his neck, earned herself his body heat as they got closer. His hand traveled down to her wrist as his lips explored . She groaned, clucthing to his shirt as their kiss grew wilder.

She  broke the kiss once she running out of breath. Sera touched his face trembly, like she was scared to break him. He kissed her hands once they touched her face. It wasn't their first time kissing. Heck, Myungsoo had seen all of her. But he still wonder how can she be so beautiful yet so dangerous at the same time. He knew once he stepped on her life, Myungsoo won't get enough of her.

"Seriously, you need to take a bath." Sera blurted out, leaving Myungsoo laughed at her. He inhaled her hair, lavender.

"Kim Myungsoo, get off and take a bath." she said again. "You-"

He shut her with one kiss before got up on his feet. "You really know how to ruin the atmosphere don't you?"

Sera smirked at him and got up as well. She kissed his neck before she picked the jar. "Get ready, we're going to my house."

 

 


 

 

Myungsoo stopped his car when they arrived at an empty house. He looked at Sera who've been staring at the little house in front of them. With a sigh, she unbuckled her seat belt and went out. Sera inhaled the air around them. It felt nice to breath the air outside Seoul. She let the fresh air filled her lungs as she walked closer to her old house. Myungsoo followed from behind, linked their arms together as they walked. Sera didn't mind, he was her boyfriend anyway.

Boyfriend.

She can't believe she visited her old house with her boyfriend.

 

Sera opened the front door slowly. The place was dirty, there were no longer their furnitures inside. Of course, she knew her father sold it to pay his debt. But she can't believe it the man didn't sell their house. Maybe their mother was right, he has heart as well.

Her eyes scanned the whole house. The room used to be their living room. She still remember her brother used to tell her stories before their mother called them for dinner. Hyunseung used to braid her hair here, right inside this room. With sudden memory, Sera felt her tears b on her eyes. She looked down at his jar as she let go of Myungsoo's hand to open it.

 

"Oppa, we're home now. I don't know if we still can this place our home." she chukcled sadly as she clenched his ashes. Sera slowly spreaded his ashes. She continued to speak, "you used to tie my hair before we go to school here."

"I still remember you begged me to go home when I still wanted to play outside." her voice went hoarse. "You told me that you missed home. You missed mother."

"Now you're here, oppa." her tears finally rolled on her cheeks. Her hand was shaking before Myungsoo held it for her. He helped her to spread the ashes around.

"Hyung, it's me Myungsoo." he spoke. "Now I understand why you missed home. Because only at home you can meet your mother and sister. Only at home you can get warmness when the world outside gave you hundred reasons to be cold."

"I will keep my promise, hyung." he said for the last time. He smiled at her lovingly as he slung his arm around her, kissed her temple. Sera continued spreading the ashes until the jar was empty. She kissed the jar for the last time before she walked inside a room beside them. Sera put down the jar inside when Myungsoo was behind her.

"This was his room." she said. Her eyes looked around the dusty room sadly. "There used to be a lot of his books at the corner." she poninted the old empty shelf.

 

"Oppa." she said to the air, hoping her brother would hear. "I will live well now. Please take your rest, you deserves it."

With that, she turned to Myungsoo, offering her best smile as they walked out the house. Sera closed the door, she looked at the place where she spent her childhood in. She felt the wind brushed against her eyes, wiping her tears away. 

"I think hyung just wiped your tears." Myungsoo said. He was holding her hand again as they walked to his car.

Sera looked up, the sky was bright. The sun kissed her skin. She held his hand tighter and whispered, "yeah, he just did."

 

 


 

 

OMG FINALLY 22 MONTHS THIS STORY IS FINALLY FINISHED OMG.

I started this story when I was in junior high school and now I'm going to my sophomore year of senior high TTTTTTTTTT

I would like to say tons of thank you. Thank you thank you thank you so much for those who've supported Cover Girl. And million of sorry cause this story still , cliché, grammar mess, and many more I know I'm lacking at:( 

Thank you for the 9 upvotes, thank you Inspirit_heart, kpop_angel44, aries99, moonlightJHN, infiniteentop, love_hyunjoong, nicoleshin, ILoveKDramas1, bts_bangtanboys.

Thank you for the 128 subscribers, thank you 8LIDYA1, BlueSuJuELF, Faction24, YuriNakimi, Inspirit_heart, hydesoso, WeAreOneEXO226, CCKpop, adninezoo, Blahblahsunggyu, junbrothers10, Ainad_Qiz, Inspiritsusan, MissJimin, XauXeloola, planetinspirit, yeolsunn, nicoleshin, keshiakim, EXOFANLH, EXOWAO, kpop_angel44, memoryof23312,AimeeBritoDias, TheSharpestGirl, bunnytara, MissElle2, reenepott, NamWooNoemi, inspirit20, Shirass501, JonginNini, secretxbap, MeowGoesRawr, ExoYoong4ever, Yingg_infinite, lyllia, saggitarius, iamtimmyread, anitaichwana, hyumi7, chaeki19, Namsoohyun, KMS_min, munaali, PetiteTulip14, scrltts, sora-sun1, pk_love_kpop, idzwanie, sue_myungsoo, Yadong2ne1, Emily-J8, Sherlynygfam, mystery_, tenzt757, Natthaliya, alexoe13, lkim0313, exotichunhan, ditaaa, 1430eveline, KittyLF, Eunji99, Dealrst, silverbts, femmelya, Dinajean93, infiniteentop, tamakikaname, galaxywufan, Random_Amy, love_hyunjoong, mariacrazie, rodzilawati, desiredbe, Hajarul, infite007, thiely, icecreamgallore, soshi_finite, Jihye98, TIFFANY28, chocolvr118, SnsdBiggestFan, Kpop_mylife100, myungsoobaekhyun, MyungLynInspirit, ILoveKDramas1, infiniteinfinite, joanwe_001208, yunasbowtie, special001, Narcos08, jienel19, angelluvdogs, loveheart935, Namsshi, marin_ka, GoldenMaknae, bts_bangtanboys, aiyani, Lyea89, InfinteLove27, miyuhyoeun, Danieea, b2utyexoticshawol, krisuswifeu, bellaminwoo97, Lacvivi1, BaByKhJyAn, mskay6790, itsjbabes, euniice9, Poiislove, myung_crazation, byunbh, strawberrymilk, FanyLover99, littlemissdreamy, marijoong, MsDevilzxc, bacon0605, naahae, cutielove1108, AlwaysAnELF, Cam2love, 12qwaszx

 

And special thanks to Shirass501. Your comments are one of the reason why I'm be able to finish this story. Thank you so much dear<3

Love you all and see you in my next story!

-stephaniekim-

Cover Girl

Aug 22 2013 - Jun 25 2015