Her Beginning

Cover Girl

 

THIS CHAPTER IS ALL ABOUT HER PAST. BE PREPARED.

 


 

FLASHBACK PART 1

 

 

 

“Oppa! Dongwoon oppa and Gikwang oppa took my unicorn away!” a little girl shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

Hyunseung bow a bit to see her red cheek. She was pouting because his friends didn’t stop making fun of her doll.

“Come on, Oppa will piggy back you so we can catch them together!” Hyunseung said to her. Her eyes lit up like a christmas tree. She immediately crawled to his back and slung her arms on his neck. She put her head on his shoulder so she can see his handsome figure.

“Oppa looks so tired. Does school tire you that much?” the 7 years old Sera asked her brother.

Hyunseung smiled at her question. “Oppa has an exam today. That was so hard Sera-ya.”

She puffed her cheek. “You play with your friends too much. Mommy will mad at you if you get zero on your test!” she pretended to be annoyed.

He laughed. “Mom loves us too much, it will be hard for her to be mad at me.”

“You’re full of yourself, Oppa.” She stated. Then she pointed to where his friends sitting under the tree. “Oppa! They’re there!”

 

Hyunseung walked more faster to see his friends. He heard Sera whispered, “Oppa, that’s my unicorn!”

Sera immediately jumped down from his back and ran towards Gikwang who has her doll besides him. But before she take it, Dongwoon caught it and sticked out his tongue at her.

She finally burst into tears. Hyunseung – who’ve been staring at Dongwoon deadly – caught her in his arms and wiped her tears. “Don’t cry. You look ugly when you cry right?” he said.

She gulped. “B-but my doll-“ she can’t help but crying even more.

Hyunseung keep wiping her tears. “Oppa will get it for you.”

 

 

“Yah Son Dongwoon!” he shouted. “Get back here or I swear I never teach you math again!”

Knowing how poor he was in math, Dongwoon finally ran towards him with her doll. Hyunseung stood up and slapped the back of his head. The younger man can only cringed in pain. “Ah hyung, you’re not fun!”

Hyunseung rolled his eyes before he bent down to Sera with her unicorn. “Here you go. I already punished Dongwoon, just tell Oppa when he do bad thing to you.”

She hiccuped as she grabbed her unicorn from his hand and hugged him tightly. She was very happy that she can get her lovely doll back, all thanks to her brother.

“We better go home. Mom must be looking for us.” He said as she sadly nodded in his arms. They said good bye to his friends and walked towards their home.

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t such a good thing when you arrived at home and found your parents fighting, but that what happened to them when they arrived and found a broken vase on the floor. Hyunseung stepped the floor carefully as he searched for his mom. He can heard a shout near him. He hide behind the wall near the kitchen and watched them as he covered Sera’s ears. She was sleeping in his hug, that was a good thing so she won’t see their parents fighting.

 

“I told you nth times to quit your dirty business!” his mom shouted.

His dad pushed his mom away. “If I quit, we can’t live like this anymore! Do you think I can buy this house if I still working like before?!”

“But it’s so dangerous! Don’t you ever think about us? About your kids?” his mom cried in front of him. Hyunseung swore he wanted to hug his mom right away but he decided to stayed quiet. He put Sera down on the nearest sofa and listened to their fight.

“What if I don’t?” his dad replied.

Hyunseung bailed his fist in anger. His dad must be joking right?

“You know what Sunhee? I regret all of this! I should have just put my son in orphanage and never see you in my life. I hate all of you! You and your kids making my life harder!”

 

He seriously can’t take this anymore when he heard his dad slapped his mom. His mom sobbed on the floor pathetically. Hyunseung immediately ran to her side and hugged her.

“Stop it! You don’t have any right to hit my mom!” he shouted bravely.

“You’re just 11, what can you do Jang Hyunseung?” his dad mocking at him. “You’re good for nothing son, I should have just throw you away.”

“You should have do that because I’m so embarassed to call you my dad.” He stated.

“Watch your mouth!” his dad raised his hand to slap him but he didn’t feel anything.

 

 

“Daddy? What are you guys doing?”

 

Little Sera rubbed her eyes, she woke up because she heard a lot of shouting inside her house. Sera ran to Hyunseung – she was too little to understand this. Her eyes widened when she saw her mom crying so bad. “Mommy! Why are you crying?”

She hugged her mom immediately. “Did someone hurt you?” she asked. “Just tell me and oppa because-“

She flinched when she heard saw a plate shattered into pieces in front of her by her dad. Her eyes widened and looking at him with fear. “Daddy......”

“Stop calling me dad because from now on, I’m not your dad.” He said cruelly.

Sera let a single tears. She ran to him even with shattered plate all over the floor. She hugged his waist when he tried to leave the house. “Daddy, please don’t go.”

The only thing she get from him was pain because he pushed her down hard to the floor. She cried even harder when she saw her hands bleeding because of it. She looked at him – devasted. Her – used to be sweet – dad, who used to read her favorite fairytale, he dared to pushed her?

“Sera!” Hyunseung immediately ran to her. He wiped her blood with his clothes and hugged her.

“Just leave if you want to. We don’t need you here anyway.” Hyunseung mumbled coldly to him. He hugged Sera tighter when he heard how cruel his laugh was.

“Fine. You can take care of your sick mom and your little sister.” Then he left their house, leaving them with anything but pain.

 

 

 

Hyunseung gave her wound medicine and cleaned the house. Sera still didn’t stop crying, she can’t accept that her dad is gone, he is not with her anymore. It has been a while that her dad barely staying in their house. When she asked him to read her favorite story, he would just leave her alone in her room.

“Oppa,” she called her brother. “Will dad comeback to us?”

Hyunseung and his mom stared to each other. They didn’t know how to answer her question. She was too young to know the truth so Hyunseung decided to pat her and smiled. “Sera, dad has a job so he can’t come to see us.”

“But why mommy cried? Did dad hurt her?” she asked again.

Her mom kneeled in front of her and gave her a hug to her little body. “Whatever he did to me, we’re here. We have each other Sera. I love you guys so much so don’t cry okay?”

His heart ached at the view in front of him. From then, he promised to protect both of them. He’s the only son in their family, it was his resposibility to take care of his mom and sister.

 

After he cleaned the house, he rocked Sera to bed and kissed her forehead. She must be tired today – so does everyone. He brushed her hair before he leaved her room. He decided to visit his mom and he was right, his mom were sobbing on the floor with their wedding photo on her hand. He walked towards his mom and slowly took the photo away from her and put it on the trash bin.

 

“Mom, stop it...” he told her. “He’s gone now.”

His mom wiped her tears with a bitter smile. “Hyunseung-ah,”

“I’m sorry.” She cried even harder. “You supposed to spend your young life having fun with your friends, not like this.”
He pat his mom back, “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

His eyes widened when he saw blood from her nose. She covered it immediately and coughed. Hyunseung ran to the desk and brought her a lot of tissues. “Mom you look so pale.”

The blood didn’t stop coming. She’ve been using almost half of the box – now he can sense something went wrong. “Mom, tell me.”

His mom sighed. “I....... went to the doctor last week.”

 

“But promise me, don’t tell Sera about this.” She said. She wiped her tears that didn’t stop coming down. “They said my life isn’t long anymore.”

His body went rigid after she said that. Now his dad is gone then her mom will be gone too? He can’t let that happen. Maybe he can live by himself but Sera, she can’t grow up without a mother beside her.

“No, that’s not possible. You’re fine, mom.” He tried to deny.

“I had leukimia, Hyunseung. That’s why  your dad leaved us here. I’m so sorry,” she hugged his body with all the strength left.

“Mom, I promise you that I will make you survive. I promise I will study hard so we can live happily, I pro-“

She cupped his already crying face and smiled, “Just promise me one thing.”

 

“Please make your sister happy. Don’t ever leave her alone in this cruel world,” she mumbled. “Promise me, Hyunseung.”

He nodded immediately. Hyunseung hugged her mom as he whispered, “I promise to you, Mom.”

 

 

‘I promise I will make Sera happy.’

 

 

He put his Mom on her bed and wiped her dried tears. He threw all the tissues away and kissed her cheek. Hyunseung can see how pale she was, his heart ached more when he realized the truth that she won’t be here soon.

Hyunseung stared at the picture on the desk besides her bed. His heart pumped up faster when he grabbed the frame. It was a picture of four of them smiling to the camera when they were on a vacation. He wanted to throw up so much when he saw him smiled with them. He smiled bitterly, how two-faced of him, smiled when he never care to them all this time.Hyunseung threw the picture away, he was sure if he keep looking into those memories he will cry again. 

'No, I have to be strong.' he thought. 'I have the responsible of Mom and Sera. I have to be strong for them.'

 

With a sigh, he went out from the room and closed the door quietly. Crossed his finger, he prayed there won't be anything bad happen.

 

 

But life is never easy to begin with, my dear.

 

 

 


 

Hello loves! I'm back!

What do you think about this chapter? Give me your opinion below :)

This is the first time I wrote a flashback story, so I'm so sorry if this is not good enough.

This is one of the longest chapter I've ever wrote so I hope you guys enjoy this chap hehe. As always, don't forget to subscribe, loves!

 

~XOXO STEPHANIEKIM~