Detention

Cover Girl

 

 

 

Sera put her head on the table with earphone on both ears and loud music. She feel like the world spinning around her, mocking at her stupidness. How can she stucked with him again? It's not like she hates it but the feeling feels more suffocating. Especially after he hugged her at the rooftop she can feel goosebumps all over her body and her heart fluttered. She got a sign that this isn't good.

She remember how the principal called Hyunseung to come pick her after the detention. This isn't her first, so she bet he already knew where she is now. The problem is, she doesn't want he to see Hyunseung here. Everyone knew she lives alone so if he meet Hyunseung after this, her secret will be revealed, knowing by how popular he is. She checked on her phone, expecting Hyunseung to text her telling that he can't come. But her hope crashed when she didn't find anything.

 

 

Myungsoo stole a glance at her back. He've been sitting behind the class while she sit 5 chairs in front of him for the past 30 minutes. He yawned when he realized he can't go out from here until 1 hour. He saw her with her head on the desk, silently sighing while listening to the music - he bet she can't hear him scream with that volume. 

 

His phone buzzing, there was one unread message for him. He saw the sender, 'Lee Howon', it says. He opened and smirked with his plan.

Of course he can't let his parents know about detention, they will take his car away for months. He don't have to worry too much anyway, his parents is away for the next 3 months. But since he knew how popular he was and by how gossip about him spread faster then any plane, he must prevent his parents from this.

That's why he texted Hoya to call his hyung, Kim Jaejoong. After he said he will treat him everything he wants, Hoya finally agreed to his plan. Jaejoong will play the role as his temporary guardian while his parents went away. It won't be hard to convince the principal. They shared the same surname, that's enough. Now is the time to thank his popularity among the teachers.

 

 

He startled a bit when he saw Sera's moving from her chair. She stretched a bit and stared at him sharply. But someone just broke their glance by opening the door. He saw their homeroom teacher in front of the door with a man behind him. He looked at Myungsoo then to Sera, like they did something really bad.

 

“Jang Sera, your guardian is here.” He said.

 

Sera looked up at him. Without a word she grabbed her bag and walked towards the door. She didn’t even glance at Myungsoo, that clenched his heart a bit. He tried to steal a look for Sera’s guardian. Everyone says she lives alone, then how can she have a guardian?

When the door closed, he moved closer to the window. He saw a man beside Sera but he can’t see his face since he was backfacing him. Myungsoo saw them walking to the principal office. He lost them when they turned left to the alley.

He sighed, still waiting for Jaejoong to come. Questions running in his head madly. Who’s the man? Since when Jang Sera has guardian?

 

He swore Jang Sera is the most mysterious person he ever met.

 

 

The door opened again, this time the homeroom teacher came with Jaejoong beside him. Jaejoong sent him a small smile. Myungsoo grabbed his bag and walked to him and gave the teacher a small bow.

“I’m sorry if he causing a lot of trouble for you,” Jaejoong bowed. Myungsoo mentally thank him for this.

The teacher shook his head. “No no, he never cause any trouble. It just this is his first time. Maybe his seatmate gave him a bad influence. Don’t worry Mr. Kim, I will move his seat,”

“Jang Sera isn’t it?” Jaejoong gave him a little smirk. Myungsoo looked at him in confuse. ‘He knew Sera?’

“Yes, don’t worry I-“, the teacher tried to say something.

“No, you don’t have too. I bet my nephew likes her company. I think that’s ok,” Myungsoo swore he can see some tease in Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Is that so?” the teacher keep trying.

“Yes. I already talked to his parents about this. If you excuse us, can you show us the way to the principal office? I got another appointment in an hour.” Jaejoong said as he looked at his watch.

The teacher leaved them after he showed Jaejoong the way to the principal office. Both of them didn’t say anything, even though Myungsoo had a lot of question for him he choose to keep quiet.

 

“You can ask me anything boy,” Jaejoong broke the silent. Myungsoo turned to him and greeted by his smirk. “I know you want to ask me about Sera,”

Myungsoo nodded, he knew Jaejoong will understand his body language. “Well,” Jaejoong began.

“Jang Sera is pretty popular, so does you. Howon already talked to me about your detention too. So that’s how I knew her, I guess?” he explained. When Myungsoo wanted to ask more, they already arrived in front of the principal office. Jaejoong opened the door carefully

.

“Good evening sir. I’m Kim Jaejoong. I-“ Jaejoong stopped on the way with widened eyes. Myungsoo who just came inside stopped right in front of them.

There he saw, Jang Sera with her guardian besides her plus her eyes widened sharply at Jaejoong. But that’s not his problem. The problem for him is the man besides her, the gray haired man.

“Glad to see you, Mr. Kim. Please sit besides Hyunseung, I will begin to discuss about their case now since you’re here.” The principal said.

 

'Hyunseung?'

 

‘I’m screwed.’