She Knew

Cover Girl

 

FLASHBACK PART 3

 

3 Years Later.

 

“I won’t be here until Sunday. I made you kimchi so you can eat while I’m gone.” – Jang Hyunseung.

 

Sera sighed and threw the notes away. It was his nth times he can’t be here on weekend. Since their mom’s funeral, Hyunseung had been busier with his job and school. She didn’t blame him though, he being like that for her so she has roof on top of her head. She can’t lie but she knew her life has been better – especially their financial problem. She didn’t know how Hyunseung got money to buy her food and clothes when he was still 16 years old. He told her that he got a job under a big company as a part time cleaning service – and she believed it.

She decided to clean his room since he was so busy and he might didn’t have time to clean his room. She knew her expectation was right when she saw how messy his room was. Clothes were everywhere and his books were all over the room. She picked his dirty clothes and put it into the washing machine. Then she picked his books and cleaned his desk.

There was a note that caught her attention. It was his notebook that he leaved on his desk. She thought it was his ordinary note before she found something she never expected before.

 

‘Meeting with Hanshin Dealer, Saturday 9PM.’

 

Hanshin dealer.

Seriously, what does he do for living all this time?

 

After she finshed his room, she decided to buy some milk for herself. She wore her jacket and locked the house then leaved. She decided to call Dongwoon to meet her at the market but he didn’t answer her call so she tried to call Gikwang instead.

“Hello?” he said on the other line.

“Oppa, are you busy?” she asked.

“Oh hey Sera. I’m sorry, oppa has some homeworks to do. Why?”

She tried to hide her dissapointment, “No, are you with Hyunseung oppa or Dongwoon oppa?”

There was a silent from him for a while. She stopped her walk, Gikwang barely stayed quiet for a second like this. Something must went wrong right now – she can feel it.

“Oppa wh-“

“I’m sorry Sera. I don’t know where are they now.” He finally answered.

She sighed, “Well, thank you Op-“

Gikwang immediatelt cut the line before she can thank her. ‘That’s strange. Since when Lee Gikwang cares about his homework?’ But she brushed all of the bad thoughts.

She purchased the milk and decided to take some walk at the park. She sit down on the bench and looked around her. She still remember how she used to play with her brother and his friends here. But now, they seems so busy and leaved her alone. Sera didn’t have any friends except 3 of them – that’s explained why she’s here now by herself.

Then her gaze fell on bunch of man at the corner of the park. They all were wearing black and all of them has big body. She can’t believe her eyes who she saw the next second.

Her brother – with Son Dongwoon, Lee Gikwang, a boy next to their home named Yang Yoseob, and the other 2 that she didn’t know.

She moved closer to see them clearly. Sera hides behind the tree just a few steps from them, she can hear everything from there.

“It’s the thing you wanted.” the boy she didn’t know the name gave the tall man a small bag. Then he opened in front of him and she saw it by her own eyes – .

“And here is your gun,” she flinched when she heard Hyunseung talked. ‘He said he won’t be here until tomorrow....’

 

The man smirked at him, “So you’re the son of Jang Daesong.”

She bailed her fist when she heard that name – the man who leaved her family with pain. She hates him so much with her life.

Sera saw how Hyunseung tried to be quiet as good as he can but Sera witnessed the sad eyes of him when he said the name.

“Too bad he leaved you with his debt and you have to be a dealer like him too.”

 

 

Her eyes widened when he said that. Then her mind drifted to the not she found on his desk earlier. Hanshin Dealer.

The man took a step forward so he was standing right in front of Hyunseung. “You know what son? Once you stepped on this business, you can’t turn back unless you’re dead.” He pat his shoulder and leaved them. She witnessed they entered a black van while the man who talked to Hyunseung before entered the luxurious one. She keep looking at them until someone noticed her.

“You, girl behind the tree. Come out.” One of the boys pointed to the tree she was hiding behing. She wanted to runaway but she can’t move her legs. She let out a yelp when he pulled her by force. Sera saw how shock Hyunseung was when she met eyes with him.

“Don’t touch her.” He hissed her. He pushed the boy away and kneeled in front of her. “Sera what are you doing here?”

She suddenly felt the nausea on her stomach when she looked around her surrounding. Dongwoon and Gikwang had the same expression as him – eyes widened. She moved away when Hyunseung tried to touch her.

Hyunsueng felt a pang on his chest when he saw Sera began to look him coldly – the look he realized he’ll get use to it in the future. She stared at 6 of them with hate before she ran from him. “Sera wait!” he shouted. He followed her before the others stop him.

He had a heart attack when a car almost hit her. Before anything bad happened, he immediately pulled her away from the street.

“NO! Go away!” she shouted.

“Sera listen to Oppa, please.” He begged. But Sera didn’t want to hear him, at least not now. She keep trying to get away from his grip.

“I don’t want to hear anything!” she covered her ears. Hyunseung tried to cupped her face but she pushed him away again and ran.

“SERA!” this time, he let her go. He stared at her back in guilt as he felt a pat on his shoulder. He saw Dongwoon and Gikwang already there beside him.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry but we have another deal.” Dongwoon said without looking at him. His gaze still focused on Sera’s back.

He cursed the deal under his breath. But what can he do? His dad leaved a lot of debt so now he has to pay or they won't ler Sera living her life anymore. With a heavy feeling, he turned his back and joined his new group to another location. He keep looking behind even when he didn’t see her back anymore. Heavy feeling lunged in his chest until he felt he can't breath anymore. Tha cold eyes of her haunted him since then.

 

 

Sera slammed the door close as she tried to catch her breath. Her body slumped down on the floor, her legs were shaking badly until she fell numb. There were no tears on her eyes – only coldness screamed on it. The scene replayed in her head times already and she can’t stop herself.

Hyunseung.

Drugs?

Yes, that man used to dealing those sinful thing.

His voice begging for her to listening him

 

‘I’m so stupid aren’t I? I believe him all this time.’

 

She stood up and walked towards his room. There she found the notes that she threw away today.

‘Meeting with Hanshin Dealer, Saturday 9PM’

 

She crunched the note and threw it to the corner. She smirked bitterly, now he must be at somewhere dealing those stuff. Sera wrinkled her nose at the thought of him injecting himself with those illegal medicine. Now she understand why he barely stay at home. Now, she understand where all of the things she used came from. Sera wanted to burn everything she saw, just everything.

She immediately threw the glass away as its shattered into pieces on the floor. ‘Is this a punishment, mom? Why the world must be this cruel?’

 

 

“Sera!”

Hyunseung barged in with heavy breath. He stopped his track when he saw the shattered glass around her so he can’t walk close to her. He stared at her for a second – she really looked like a mess, and he was the reason of it.

“Sera, please listen to me.” He begged.

His heart beating fast when she looked up to him. But then his heart ached so bad when he saw her eyes – cold, painful, and betrayal. He knew she won’t be the same after the way she look at him like that. And he can’t deny it – he also saw some hatred on her eyes.

Hyunseung continued, “I’m sorry.” That was the only sentences that he can say.

There was a huge silent between them until Sera chuckled. He would be happy to hear that, only if she didn’t do it with a smirk that he hate so much. It shows how broken she was.

“You supposed to work right? You shouldn’t be here.” She said.

 

“You see the shattered glass in front of you, Oppa? It means I don’t want you to get any closer to me.” She mumbled cruelly.

 

It was like a bullet hit his heart, painful. But this is the reality he have to face. This may not the way he choose, but life is such a twist isn’t it. Fate wants him to look so vulnearable like this.

 

“You promise me to never do the same deed as that man. I’m so stupid to believe your words back then, Hyunseung-ssi.” she hissed.

“Sera, look-“ he tried to step on the floor full of glass but she stopped him.

“No, stop. If you get any closer, I will be the one to step on it.”

“Then hear me dammit!” he shouted as his eyes brimmed with tears.

“I’m being like this – its not even me who choose to be what I’m now. I-“

“Its because his debt isn’t it?” she asked something cruel for him. “You should choose dead than you broke your promise to me.”

“You-“

Hyunseung can’t handle it anymore. He step on the glass, let his feet drowning in his blood. He walked to her and hugged her body immediately. He sobbed as he whispered, “Please don’t hate me.”

 

He can feel her body tense under his arms as her clothes wet because of his tears. She immediately pushed him away. He cringed when his feet touch the broken glass for the second time this day. But the pain can never be compared to the guilt he feel.

“Please, go.” She whispered.

“No please. Listen to Oppa-“

“No! You’re not my brother!” she screamed. Her body slumped down to the floor as cover her ears. “My brother never lie to me. You’re a liar, not my brother.”

 

Sera finally broke down into tears. She covered her face and backfaced him. But still, Hyunseung hugged her from behind as he keep mumbling 'I'm Sorry' and kissed her crown. Her clothes changed its color to red because of his blood. She didn't care anymore, her strengt washed up once she stepped at their house.

House

But it's not house once you didn't feel at home.

She felt like she was in hell instead.