Worrisome

Cover Girl

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo can’t stop smiling until he arrived at his house. He got a lot of asking glares from several people around him. But still, even today isn’t that good, today is the best day for him.

He feel guilty towards her, even he knew she will hate him if she knew this. She was hurt, and he can’t protect her. He keep blaming himself about this. Myungsoo remember how she asked him to stay with her when she was about getting stitches, how she was so dissapointed because they didn’t let him go.

The look she gave him wasn’t the one she usually uses. She looks like a child, a helpless one. He can’t help but smiling at his thought how she always want to look scary but she’s a lost kid inside.

“I see you enjoy your day,”

Myungsoo stopped his walk. He saw a woman in her 40s walking towards him, giving her best smile to him.

“Oh hey Mom.” He greeted her with a huge grin on his face.

The woman rolled her eyes. “Just that? Can I get a hug from my own son?”

Myungsoo chuckled and hugged her warmly. “We haven’t meet each other for a month but I don’t think you miss me.” She said.

“You looks so happy. What happened?” she asked, glaring at him from head to toe. She found it amusing for her son to smile when he barely did.

“Oh oh, are you in love?” she showering him with questions.

He shrugged. “Maybe?”. He immediately went upstairs, ignoring his Mom’s devasted look.

He’s in love?

‘Maybe.’ He thought.

 

 


 

 

 

Sera checked her stuff. She will go to Japan today, and unfortunately she can’t wait for Hyunseung to pick her up. She checked her passport since she didn’t bring a lot of clothes. She checked her phone, feel happier when she realize it’s Monday. Of course, she ditch school for today and another 6 days. She’s sure Hyunseung already talked to her homeroom teacher.

When she heard a knock on her door, she immediately run to open it. There he was, Hyunseung with his simple black shirt, as usual smiling at her. She can’t help but returned his smile. Sera decided to act warmer to him, even she hates her job, she doesn’t think she hates him that much as well.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

She nodded. When he wanted to bring her bag, she turned away. “I can bring it by myself.”

 

Hyunseung, who knows how stubborn his sister is, didn’t have much choice but to follow her to his car. He smiled at the view of her back with her white suitcase on her left hand. He surely can’t wait for this trip. He promised to himsef to spend a lot of time with her there.

Then he saw it. He saw stitches on her head, it’s not really visible but since he stand close to her he can see it clearly. Hyunseung grabbed his hand as he examined her wounds. He tried to touch it but she moved away immediately.

 

“I’m fine,” she told him. But he’s Jang Hyunseung afterall, he won’t believe her that easy.

“What is this?” he asked sternly.

Sera stay quiet for a while, thinking what will she say to him. Now she hates the fact he knew her so well. She is Jang Sera, she have to get away from this question easilly.

“I was looking for something under the table then unfortunately I hit the edge. Now I’m fine, you don’t have to worry too much.” She assuring him.

Hyunseung sighed. He tried to touch it, she stay still now. She flinched when he touched the stitch, She keep staring at him, telling him she is fine. He finall nodded and let her go. He knew Sera hates if he being overrated towards her. He can’t help it but worry about his sister.

 

“The guys are already there.” He informed. “You know, Beast.”

She nodded. Actually, she used to be pretty close with his friends. But again, there’s nothing last forever in this world, so does her friendship with those guys.

 

 

They spent the way to the airport in silent. None of them dare to speak first. Sera spent her time by looking through the window, gazing at the cars and people on the way.

“So,” Hyunseung begin a conversation. “I’ve talked to your teacher about your absent. They unfortunately let you go easily.”

She mentally chukled. ‘Of course, they got one less problem at school.’

“I came to your house yesterday but you weren’t there. Where were you?” he asked.

 

Her body went rigid. Now, she confused about what to answer. She can’t just say she was with Myungsoo yesterday, her brother will ask her too many question, and she didn’t want to deal with it. She can just tell him to shut up like she usually does. Well, she didn’t want to ruin their trip so she choosed to answer it calmly.

“I met up with Jaejoong.”

It’s not completely a lie. She did met Jaejoong yesterday.

Hyunseung expected her to snap at him but she didn’t. “Jaejoong?”

She realized that so she make another excuse. “I said that I won’t be here for a week. That means I won’t come to the dance class for 7 days.”

He shrugged at her answer. He can’t say ‘No’ if she already talking about dancing. It’s her passion, the last time he didn’t approve her passion he ended up got her mad and maybe she hates him more. Even he knew it’s dangerous for her since she’s still 18, he didn’t have choice but to mentally agree with her choice.

 

 

 

 

They arrived at the airport minutes later. He helped her with her suitcase since he insisted. But Sera still choose to bring her suitcae by herself. They walked towards the others who’ve been waiting for them.

“It’s nice to see you Sera!” the boy named Doojoon greeted her. “Long time no see Sera baby!” the tall one said. She knew it’s Dongwoon, the youngest one. He’s just 2 years away from her.

She gave them a small smile. Although she acts cold towards them, they knew she’s still a girl they used to play when they were younger. She changed, so does everyone.

“Sera, this is your ticket.” Hyunseung gave her a paper. She took it without any word. “We have to go in. Come on.” This time, she knew Gikwang said this.

‘Oh, he’s the boy whom I met a few weeks ago.’ She thought while silently looking at him. She remember how shock he was when he met her while she was smoking. Isn’t smoking normal around drug dealers like them?

She feel her phone buzzing in her pocket. She got one message with Kim Myungsoo as the sender.

 

‘Where are you?’ – Kim Myungsoo.

 

She replied. ‘Nowhere.’

 

 

 

‘Nowhere.’ – Jang Sera.

He typed immediately. ‘Are you drinking somewhere?’

He knew he was being ridiculous but he can’t help it but guessing where she could be. But the only place he can think of is Jaejoong’s club.

‘Are you with Jaejoong?’ he sent another message.

After a few minutes passed, he still didn’t get any reply from her. This makes him feel anxious. He thought she will come late but then the homeroom teacher said she won’t come for a week. He glad there was no teacher for the first lesson so he can text her like this.

‘Yah, where the hell are you?’

 

 

Her phone won’t stop buzzing. There was 3 message from him in 10 minutes.

‘Are you drinking somewhere?’ – Kim Myungsoo.

‘Are you with Jaejoong?’ – Kim Myungsoo.

‘Yah, where the hell are you?’ – Kim Myungsoo.

She wonder why he wasted his time to texted her like this, sent her those silly questions. ‘Can he be more ridiculous than this? God this is annoying.’

 

 

‘Mind your own business.’ She replied.

It doesn’t take long until he replied her message.

‘It is. You’re hurt.’ – Kim Myungsoo.

Sera found it was funny of him to care about her. She was hurt, but she is fine now. Stitches won’t kill her. Why he acted so overrated like this?

She decided to ignore his message. She followed the boys behind because she was busy texting him. They went to a coffee shop instead, she choosed to be quiet, even when her mind full with questions.

 

“We have something to deal with here. Wait for a while okay?” Hyunseung seems like he can read his sister expression.

Sera nodded and sit on the fartest table. She can see them from there but they can’t see her clearly. Hyunseung once told her about how he have to protect her so those mafias can’t know about her whereabouts. It become one of thousand reasons why she choose to live quietly. She knew how dangerous her brother’s job is, and it will be more dangerous for her if his enemies know about her life.

Sera saw everything. How they handle the situation like nothing happen. How people around them doesn’t know anything but mind their own business. How stern Hyunseung is when he’s working. The man handed them a brown envelope – looks like there are lot of cash inside it – and leaved quietly after he shakes his hand with Beast.

Hyunseung gave her a thin smile, he knew she was watching. This is how he makes cash for him and her. For their life. He saw how less her expression was. He was dealing carefully, not to be discovered by people around and not for them to know he has Sera.

 

Suddenly, her phone buzzing. Sera stared at the screen for a while before she answered. She turned her back, leaving Hyunseung with his unreadable expression.

“Yah, are you seriously won’t tell me where you are?”

She moved her phone away from her ear, his voice was so loud, she scared if Hyunseung can hear it.

“Why are you even care?” she quietly snapped.

She knew he rolled her eyes this time. “Well, because I want to.”

Sera smirked. “I’m not stupid Kim Myungsoo. Tell me what you want. I told you to stop annoying me.”

“You think I will stop it even you says so? You don’t know me so well then,” he said, annoyed.

“I don’t know you so well. I’m busy now,” she wanted to hang up but he stopped her.

“Wherever you are, please don’t get yourself hurt okay.”

Sera feel goosebumps all over her body. She went stiff, her heart beating crazily fast. Who is Kim Myungsoo actually? How dare he makes her acting like this.

It took several seconds for her to hang up his call. She tried to calm her heart. ‘No. You don’t like him Sera. You don’t and you won’t.’

 

 

She didn’t realize Hyunseung has been staring at her, studying her expression. She looked so surprised but he found happiness on her face when she picked up the call. He saw how she looked slightly annoyed but she tried to hold her smile while talking on the phone.

 

Whoever it was, he thanked that person for making his friendless sister finally got someone to talk to.