Unsaid Pain

Cover Girl

 

 

 

Don't be sorry, it makes me more pitiful

Look at me one last time

Smile like nothing's wrong

It hurts so much

Now I call you a memory

 

 


 

 

 

“O-oppa?”

 

Sera crawled so she can look at him closer. His lips were bleeding, so did his chin and arms. He was a mess, she almost didn’t recognize him anymore. She touched his bleeding lips slowly, earning a hiss from him. Hyunseung looked at his sister with disbelief. What is she doing here?

“Why are you here?” Hyunseung whispered. The more he speaks, the more pain he felt.

“Why did they do this to you?” instead of answering him she let her curiosity won. Sera helped him to stand as he clutched his stomach.

“We have to get out of here.” She whispered to him. When she saw the man circled around them, she began to think it was impossible to go home.

 

Her eyes darkened when she saw Kim Jungmo entered the room. His smirk grew wilder as he motioned his man to hold their guns. Jungmo suddenly clapped, amused with what he just saw.

“I don’t know my plan could be this easy. Killing two birds with one stone?” he mocked the siblings.

Hyunseung let go of Sera’s arm around him, standing by himself. “Let her go, Jungmo. We made the deal.”

“Yes we did. But unfortunately, your sister willing to come all the way here. It’s something I should appreciate, isn’t it?” he walked around them.

Hyunseung moved his body so he was in front of her now. He followed Jungmo with his gaze, in case Jungmo suddenly attack his sister. He had to bring Sera out and alive. Hyunseung didn’t care either he will make it or not. Once he get Sera out, his duty is done.

 

“Sera give the gun to me.” He hissed. “Now.”

“What?” she was dumbfounded. She circled her arm around his, to protect herself.

“You know how to fight right?” he asked her in serious tone. “If you want to get out of here alive, you have to fight them. Now give the gun to me.” He said firmly.

“What about you? No wait, we’re going to leave together right?” she could feel the bitterness when she asked him that. She above anyone knew, either one of them must leave alone and Hyunseung won’t let it to be him.

 

He smiled at her as he grabbed the gun from her hand. While he clicked the gun with his bleeding arm, he used the other one to protect her. Sera turned her back, facing the black clothed man. She felt adrenaline rushed to her heart, leaving it beating too fast for her liking. She closed her eyes to calm her breath.

 

“While I shoot them, you run as fast as you could. I’ll protect you from behind.” He told her the plan. She nodded as she tightened her fist.

“Sera?” he called for the last time.

She looked back at her brother. His eyes was full of sorrow but his smile never leave.

“Whatever happens, don’t ever look back.”

 

 

Soon as heard the sound of gunfire, Sera ran to the alley. The last thing she saw was Hyunseung put the bullet right inside Jungmo’s skull. Her breath hitched when she saw several man blocking her way. Sera looked around and found metal bars beside her. She picked it, threw several of it to them. Sera picked one for herself to hit the last man in front of her. She continued to run but of course she won’t have it easy. Three man blocked her way out. They were two times bigger than her but she didn’t let her guard down. She used all her strength to knocked them down. Sera hissed in pain when she got her arms several cuts. She immediately kicked the man down before he get to touch her.

The gunfire still happening behind her but she chose to not look back. She did exactly what Hyunseung told her to. Holding her anxiety to turn her head, Sera bit her lips when she found the cut was getting bigger. She didn’t hear anything except bullets flew from one side to another side.  She was ready to land another punch before someone stopped her.

 

 

“NO! Let go of me!” she screamed as she tried to kick him.

“Sera! It’s me, Myungsoo!”

Once she opened her eyes, her vision greeted by his handsome figure. His hand landed on her shoulder, checking if she was okay or not.

 

“Sera, I-“ she didn’t let him finish his sentence. Sera pulled him into hug, holding him tight. There, her tears rolled down on her cheek, wetting the boy shirt. Myungsoo kissed the crown of her head and ran his hand on her back, comforting her. “It’s okay, I’m here.”

She let go of his hug when she realized something. “Hyunseung!”

Sera looked behind and found no one. Her fear increased. She ran back to the alley followed by him. The smell of blood brought nausea to her stomach. She tried her best not to throw up any second.

“Hyunseung!” she called for him. Sera looked around at the dead bodies. Her legs trembled so bad but she forced her self to keep looking for him.

“Sera, we need to go back now.” Myungsoo told her but she didn’t listen. He gripped her hand, preventing her from walk any further. “We have to get hurry.”

“No!” she pushed him. “Hyunseung is still there. I have to get him first.”

He was still gripping her. “We don’t know what danger inside waiting for us. The hyungs are outside, Sera. He’ll be fine.”

She forced him to let go. “If you want to go then go. I won’t go before I find my brother.”

Looked straight into her eyes, Myungsoo released her immediately. There was no fear he saw, it was more like longing. Sera left him behind and walked alone. He decided to follow her searched through every bodies there. He cringed in disgust when he accidentally stepped on one of them.

 

 

“Hyunseung!”

His head snapped at her. Sera ran to a body near her, held it carefully. She looked at the wound on his stomach and chest as she wrapped her jacket around him to prevent the blood out more. His head was on her thighs when she wiped the blood around his face. “Oppa, talk to me. Please.”

 

Hyunseung coughed more blood as he groaned. “Sera? Why are you still here?”

“I’m coming to get you idiot. Stay with me. Don’t close your eyes, don’t.” her voice trembled. When she heard Myungsoo’s footstep, she found his eyes widened with the view. “What are you doing? Call the ambulance!”

Myungsoo nodded and ran outside to make the call. Sera got her focus back to Hyunseung with his blood literally washed her clothes. “You have to stay breathing you hear me? Stay with me, I beg you.” She pleaded. Her tears washed her own blood on her face. She held his body on her arms, “you can’t leave me alone after all of this. I need you.”

 

His voice was broken, “it’s all over now, Sera. You can live freely just like you want.”

She held him tighter, “that’s why, you have to stay alive so we can live freely just like we want.”

He laughed in pain when he saw her tears, “what’s with the tears? I’m sorry, I supposed to end this earlier.”

“No, don’t be sorry. Don’t be anything. Just stay with me okay? Stop talking, please.” Her tears rolled harder when he gave her a faint smile.

“My duty is done Sera. Now you have to protect yourself cause I won’t bother you anymore.” He whispered.

“No it’s not done yet. You can’t leave me alone. I- I don’t want to be alone, oppa.” She said. “You promised me right? You promised me you won’t leave me alone. You have to keep your promise.”

Hyunseung breathed heavily, “I’m sorry.”

“I said don’t be sorry you idiot. Just stay with me, don’t close your eyes.” She told him

“My time’s up Sera. Just enjoy this last give from me.” He chuckled. “I love you so much.”

Sera cried harder. “I-I love you too. Don’t leave me alone, please.”

“Be happy, Sera.”

 

 

Hyunseung closed his eyes with a smile. She felt his body turned cold in her hug. “Oppa? Oppa wake up!”

“Jang Hyunseung wake up!” she started to shake his body. His heart stopped beating, his blood stopped flowing. He was pale.

“You can’t leave me alone. Please, wake up.” Her voice went hoarse. “I don’t want to be alone. You can’t leave me this early. I haven’t make you proud, I haven’t done anything for you.”

 

“Please give me chance to make it up to you. I promise you if you wake up you can hit me, you can slap me, harder than you got from me. So wake up, oppa.”

 

Sera knew what she did was useless. He was gone. Hyunseung was gone. But she didn’t want to accept it.

 

“Don’t you want to see me graduate? I will graduate from high school in few months. Also, you haven’t seen me dance a lot right? I know you hate it, I can stop if you want.”

 

Myungsoo knew he was late when he heard her cries and pleas. He stopped the others from running into them. The others had their eyes widened in disbelief. His tears broke when he heard her.

 

“At least let me tell you how sorry I am, how much of an ungrateful I am, you had done much for me but what I did was pushing you away. O-oppa, please, I don’t want to be alone anymore.”

 

She kissed the top of his head softly like she didn’t want to break him. Sera put him down as she put aside his bangs. He was handsome, his cheek bones was visible. He looked so thin, that’s explain why he felt so light under her arms. She should have realized it sooner.

 

“Sera…” Myungsoo called her. Sera turned her head slowly to face them.

 

“He is gone….. He….. He is gone.” She muttered under her breath and looked at Hyunseung again. She felt Myungsoo put his arms around her. With the warm of his hug, Sera cried harder. “He’s gone, Myungsoo. He’s no longer here with me. Why is he so mean?”

 

Myungsoo stayed quiet as he hugged her tighter. His heart shattered when he heard her cries. He was sad of course. He didn’t get to know Hyunseung better, he didn’t get to tell Hyunseung how much he loved his sister.

“You have me, Sera. You’re not alone.” She heard him whispered. “I won’t leave you, I promise.”

 

 

She tired of promises, of everything. Not that she doubted Myungsoo, she knew Myungsoo won’t leave her. But no one can take care of her the way Hyunseung did. No one knew her better than him.

 

And now he’s no longer here, she didn’t know where to go.

 

 


 

"Oppa? Does happy ending exists?"

Hyunseung combed her hair from behind as he answered, "why?"

"Because Cinderella had her happy ending with her prince charming. Do I have to search my own prince charming to have my happy ending too?"

He chuckled lightly at the kid answer. Hyunseung continued to braid her hair, "for me, whenever I'm with you, I'm happy."

"So your happy ending is when I'm with you?" she asked him hopefully.

Hyunseung nodded. "My happy ending is when we're both live freely together."

"Then it goes the same for me. My happy ending is when I'm with you."