Reunited

Cover Girl

 

 

Hyunseung clenched his teeth as soon his feet stepped on the building. The smell of nicotine greeted his nose along with eyes who tried to kill him. He walked with two man beside him, they brought him to where the devil was.
They arrived at a big room, there was Kim Jungmo, waited for his arrival. He smirked as he gestured his man to leave them alone. Hyunseung put the bag he brought along with him on the table in front of Jungmo. He let Jungmo opened and checked before he asked, "where's Sera?"

 

Jungmo stopped counting the money and looked up at him. He chuckled, "why such in rush? Have a seat-"
Hyunseung lost his patience and pulled out his gun, pointed to Jungmo. "I don't have time for your bull. Where's she?"
He saw Jungmo clenched his teeth. Jungmo took out his phone and dialed a number. "Yes bring her to my room."
Once he was done, he closed the bag and stared at Hyunseung like he was mocking him. 
"Dont worry, I didn't touch her." He said.
"No, you laid your dirty hand on her you bastard. How dare you," Hyunseung spat.
The room was filled with Jungmo's cruel laugh. "Oh dear, such a posessive brother you are. I'm touched,"
"Your business is with me Kim Jungmo, leave her alone." Hyunseung said firmly.
"I tried but you make me lost my patience. If you stop take everything that was mine in the first place, i wont do this to her." He replied as he sipped his wine.
"So basically, this all your fault, Jang Hyunseung."

 

 

He was ready to pull the trigger but the sound of an open door stopped him. He looked back and found Sera with two man beside her. His eyes was b in tears -either joy or sadness- but he was more then relieved when he found out Sera was alive.
On the other hand, Sera was trying so hard to not run to Hyunseung and sobbed. Her hand was no longer in tie, but she didn't move from her spot. She looked at Hyunseung like it was their first meeting after years. Then her eyes moved to Jungmo who've been staring at her like he was undressing her with his eyes. Jungmo cleared his throat, making all eyes focused on him. He smiled at Sera lovingly before he started to speak, "I keep my promise right?"

 

Hyunseung didn't answer him since his mind was focused on Sera. He examined here, checking if she had any bruise on her skin and breathed when he found nothing. His eyes pierced into Jungmo as he clenched his fist. He knew Jungmo must want something in return, not just money. But he can't discover it yet. The man was dangerous, he sensed the worst is yet to come.
He walked towards Sera and grabbed her hand. Without looking back he walked out of the building. He realized that Jungmo followed them until the entrance as he lit one cigar.

 

 

"Dont you think this will be our last meeting Jang Hyunseung. I won't ever forgive you until you pay with your soul."


Hyunseung stopped his track and turned his gaze to him. He smirked before he said his last words to him, "I know."

 

 


 

 

The road to home was quite. Sera was too tired to speak, so did Hyunseung. She leaned her head to the window and tried to sleep. She can't forget how cold Jungmo hand on her and it gave her chills. She found it disgusting how a man like him can breathe freely. This world is never fair.

Once in a while she glance at Hyunseung, he seems to have a lot of thought on his head. His eyes were dead cold as they focuse on the dark road. Sera witnessed how vulnerable he was back there. It wasn't like the tough Hyunseung she knew. She found herself looked straight to him as the memories attacked her. That looks were same. That fragile looks.

"I thought you won't come," Sera whispered.

Hyunseung took a glance at her, "why?"

She stared at the city lights, didn't dare to look at him more. "Because I caused you a lot of problem and...... pains."

His heart clenched. He wanted to scream out loud how frustrated he was, how he wanted let out all the guilt he felt for this past years towards her. He can't help but didn't stop blaming himself.

"Isn't it always me who caused you problem?" he chuckled. "And the problem leads you to unbearable pains."

Sera shut . Part of her screamed all things he said was right, but the other half told her the otherwise. Whenever he caused her trouble, she always blame him. Whenever he caused one, he also blamed himself. She realized he tried her best to make her open up and bring back their old relationship. Then why she keep ignoring his hardwork?

Now she realize how heartless she have been.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Hyunseung almost step on the brake. Sorry? Why would she? He should be the one who beg for her forgiveness, again.

Sera sighed, "I've so cold towards you. I...."

She tried to find the good word as nervous started to attack her. She played with her fingers and looked at her dirty shoes. Her uniform were drenched in her cold sweat.

"I just want to say thank you. For taking care of me all these years."

And sorry for making you live in such a painful life just because of my selfishness.

 

Hyunseung was speechless. Never he dare to dream Sera would say that to him. He stopped the car at the corner and looked at Sera intensely. His hands were shaking as they approached her cold one.

He tucked her hair behind her ear, took her in surprise by his action. He smiled, throbbed her heart even more. His eyes screamed tired and happiness. She wondered why he always good making such painful expression like that. Sera touched his hand on her left ear. No doubt they were half sibling, hands of both of them are colder than ice. It took Sera a few moment to replied his smile. 

"You're welcome," he whispered. The tears were falling from his eyes. He was crying, in delight. He didn't even know why he exactly let them out when he succeeded held them back a few hours ago. He let out a sob, which make Sera were also crying on his shoulder.

"Don't cry. You know you look ugly when you're crying." He laughed, she laughed along with him as she wiped her tears.

 

"You shouldn't cry to, oppa."

Sera gave her sweetest smile at him. It felt so easy for her to breath now. She felt safe whenever Hyunseung around her. Sera regreted it so much. she was really late to realize his love for her. Deep down she knew from the beginning she was left alone with him. It was the two of them against the world. But she stupidly decided to make her own path and stayed away from him.She thought he changed, from the innocent little boy she knew to a crueless man like their father. But the truth was, he always there. Yes he changed, from the little boy who used to piggy back her to a man who will protect her for the rest of his life.

Hyunseung ruffled her hair as she let out a chuckle. Her cheeks were crimson read she pushed him away and told him to continue to drive. "Let's grab something to eat first." he said as he started the engine.

Just when they arrived at a restaurant near her apartment, his phone buzzed. He told Sera to go in first as he opened the message. He heard Sera called him from the inside, whined about how hungry she was. He decided to open the message later and trailed along her. His heart blossomed, everything was alright. He felt bad though, when he knew the worst is yet to come but the thought of him and Sera getting back together blinded him.