Gone

Cover Girl

 

 

 

Don’t look back

Don’t find me again

Just live on

 


 

 

‘Where am I?’

Sera walked sloppily along the hallway. She cringed in disgust once she smelled the air around her. Tobacco, drugs, unknown smoke that almost choke her. Sera leaned on the wall next to her, tried to remember what brought her here. Soon, she heard a noisy sound from the end of the hallway. Curious, she continued walking to find out.

Sera hid herself behind the wall. There was a man in the middle, surrounded by another seven man wearing black clothes – she counted. She can’t see his face, but telling from how blood was trilled from his body, she knew he was dying. Sera can hear his heavy breath from where she stood. She wanted to do something – anything – but her mind told her to stand still and watch.

A man in white clothes – the leader she supposed – walked towards him. He suddenly chuckled as he stood in front of him – blocking her view. He chuckled, it was the most scary laugh she ever heard. His laugh got louder as its sent chills over her spine. She may not see what happened but she could tell, the man was slapping him – hard.

She cringed in fear. Her body trembled. She saw more blood coming from his body. Thought it wasn’t enough, the white clothed man kicked him on the stomach. Her eyes widened, she let out a small yelp. She stepped back but it earned her a curious glance from him.

Sera cursed under her breath once her eyes met his. It was cold, but it her hard. Then a smile seems visible on his lips. She above anyone else knew better it wasn’t a  welcoming smile.

“Well, look what we have here.”

Sera didn’t let out any sound. She stood there, when she supposed to run.

“Looks like your little angle want to say good bye to you.”

He looked up at her, in anger yet with sadness. Tears brimmed on her eyes once she saw his face. Blood was all over his face, she can’t recognize his face. But she knew those eyes really well.

She closed when tears started to run on her pale cheek. Her body was rigid as rock. Her blood boiled with the small smile he gave.

‘Run Sera, run.’ He mouthed.

Run Sera, run.

Don’t look back, just run

 


 

Sera woke up in sweats. She clutched her blanket tight as she tried to catch her breath. She ran her hand through her hair. Cold sweats trickled on her face. Her heart was beating fast until she can hear it. She tried to calm down but it was no use, her body trembled so bad until tears was starting to fill her eyes.

She looked at her phone, it was 5 am. She cupped her face and tried to remember her dream. But every time she tried to remember, all she got was a man telling her to run.

Run.

She shook her head, ‘it was just a bad dream, Sera. It was nothing.’ She thought. Knowing she can’t continue to sleep, Sera lit her cigarette to calm her. She inhaled deeply as her thought running wild on her mind.

Sera decided to get ready. She took a cold shower and put on her clothes. It was early and she didn’t have any plan. Myungsoo was out of town with his friends, and she knew he must be sleeping right now. She searched through her phone to find anyone. She chuckled pathetically, she only has Myungsoo, Jaejoong, and Hyunseung on her contact, there was no anyone she can search.

It was breezing cold outside, she zipped her jacket as she rubbed her hands together to warm herself.  She found herself walking towards the nearest convenience store. There, she bought a can of soda and bread. When she wanted to choose her food, her hand bumped into someone.

 

“Sera?”

 

She was in surprise but reply him quickly. “Long time no see Junhyung.”

Junhyung looked at her in awkward. “Yeah, how are you?”

She shrugged. “Nothing much. How about you then?”

Junhyung walked towards the cashier, so did her. “Same. Nothing much except another deal and yeah you know.”

 

A big problem that would be your worst nightmare.

 

“Have you seen Hyunseung around?” she asked hesitantly.

Junhyung stopped his track. He gave his credit card as he cleared his throat. “I saw him a while ago. Nice thing you finally have gut to ask about him.”

Sera smiled quietly she put her things down and reached for her money. “Don’t worry, I’ve paid yours.” He said. She muttered a small thank you.

 

“Where are you going then?” she asked him as she opened her coke.

“Back to the quarter.” He said.

“Can I come?” she asked slowly.

Junhyung stopped and looked back at her. His eyes were telling her the otherwise but it seems like he didn’t have the heart to say it. “Well, come on.”

She didn’t really think about if he was fine or not since he himself said that. She opened his car and sit on the passenger seat. Junhyung put his coffee beside the steer wheel and started the engine.

“Will Hyunseung be there?”

Junhyung didn’t look at her. His eyes focused on the road but no answer come from his mouth. Sera can sense something wasn’t right.

“Junhyung?”

He surprised. She realized his attitude seems off to her but decided to keep quiet.

“Ah, Hyunseung? No he went out early this morning.”

She nodded. “I see.”

Sera knew Junhyung was hiding something to her, but she didn’t know what it is. Rather than make the atmosphere more awkward, she didn’t say anything till they arrived

 

 

 

“Hyung you – oh hi Sera!”

 

Dongwoon greeted her happily. He hugged Sera – and she was late to run away from him. She let him hugged him for a while before pushed him away from her.

“For someone who just survived from kidnapping, you seems hella fine.” Dongwoon smirked.

Sera rolled her eyes and walked past him. “I’m not a dramatic like you,”

“Well, you’re still a .” He laughed as he slung his arm around her.

Sera looked around, trying to find Hyunseung. Dongwoon led her to the living room. He realized her eyes were scanning around, and he above anyone else knew why she did that.

 

“Hyunseung hyung isn’t here for your information,”

She snapped at him, “I don’t look for him,”

He smiled evilly, “are you looking for me then? I’m here Sera.”

She wanted to punch him and his over confident but she chose to be nice for today. Her eyes locked at Dongwoon who walked towards the nearest cabinet. Curious, she followed him from behind.

“Are you searching for something?” she asked.

Dongwoon flinched a bit, “yeah, I’m looking for my phone charger.”

“Wait here, I’m going to search it upstairs.” He said.

Sera nodded as her answer. She opened her phone, decided to call Hyunseung. She got nothing, her call immediately went to his mail box.

I’m here with the guys, where are you?

-Sera

 

She checked his last message was a week ago, before the incident happened. She looked through her phone again and found one message. A small sigh left when she found out it wasn’t him who text her back. But she smiled as she replied the text.

Yo, missin’ me?

-Kim Myungsoo

 

Nah, why would I?

-Jang Sera

She met him three days ago before he went on holiday with his friends. Actually, Myungsoo asked her if she want to join them but she refused. She wanted to spend her time with Hyunseung instead. But now he was nowhere to be found Sera thought she should just take his offer.

Bored, she stood up and make her way to upstairs. The house wasn’t small, neither was big. It was enough for six guys doing illegal things and to hide from the police or enemies. Hyungseung himself who designed the house. She didn’t have choice but to say his taste was great.

She roamed around the library on the second floor. She found a lot of his books which she couldn’t understand. Hyunseung was a book worm – he still is. She remember Hyunseung gave her a diary when she turned ten but being a lazy girl she was, she put it nowhere. Slowly, Sera entered his room. It was neat and tidy. There wasn’t a lot of thing inside except his grey covered bed, nightstand, and his work table. She envied how clean it was.

Sera walked to his table. His room may be tidy but his table said the otherwise. It was messy, she cringed her nose at the unused paper on his table. She found herself arranged his table. Once she looked up, she found an old photo of them – it was when she was seven. They were smiling happily as he back hugged her. She reached for the picture and caressed it. It has been such a long time since they took picture together. Sera suddenly felt bad, her regret came back as it crushed her heart. She looked at the back of the picture and found his neat hand written.

 

Sera’s smile is life. I live for her smile. I’d rather die than see her living in sadness.

 

She put down the photo. The pain was unbearable. Was she too cruel? Of course she was, she thought. Hyunseung would sacrifice his life just for her. Yet she keep pushing him away, she keep blaming him when she took part at this mess too.

“Oppa, this is me. Where are you?”

Once again, her call only reached his mail box.

“Oppa I –“ she opened the door of his room and walked out. Her voice stopped when she saw the guys were gathering down stairs. She hid himself on the balcony.

 

“Hyunseung, that stupid bastard never learn.” Doojong growled. She can tell he didn’t sleep yesterday from his eyes.

“Hyung, keep your voice quiet. Sera is here,” Junhyung said.

‘What is going on here?’ she thought. She listened carefully to their conversation.

“I can’t track him. I don’t think he want us to find him,” Gikwang sighed.

Dongwoon ruffled his hair. “When I thought everything will be fine for him and Sera, this happened.”

“Just keep quiet about this okay? Don’t let Sera know about this mess,” Doojoon said quietly.

“Until when? She will find out her brother is gone,”

 

Gone?

 

“Hyunseung is so stupid for god sake. Why would he give himself to Kim Jungmo?”

All Sera can hear was her heart beat fast and her phone dropped from her hand. Her legs can’t hold her anymore as she stumbled. Tears tainted her pale cheek, she tried to hide her sob. Tried to gain back her strength, she stood up and walk like nothing happen. 

"Dongwoon?" she called.

Dongwoon looked at her nervously but he managed his smile well. Sera mentally smirked at how good he was at faking a smile. She walked towards them, pretending like she didn't hear their conversation a while ago.

"Can you drop me at the studio? Jaejoong called and I think we'll have another competition," she said.

Dongwoon shook his head, tried to reject her request. But Yoseob suddenly in by saying, "of course he will. Yah, don't be an and go drop her off,"

"But hyung-" he keep trying to reject her but his brothers didn't say so. He huffed this time, "fine. Let's go."

Sera gave them a small smile before following Dongwoon towards his car. She heard Gikwang said before she totally leave the place.

"The faster she leave, the faster we can try to search for Hyunseung."

 

Dongwoon was ready to start the engine but Sera stopped him. He stared at her, confused. Sera put her pleading face to him, "I think I left my phone inside, can you take it for me?"

Dongwoon rolled his eyes, not amused. "Duh, I thought what. Why don't you get it by yourself?"

Sera performed a thin line on her lips. "Just do it, I can't feel my legs anymore. Blame your house and its stairs."

He chuckled at her stupid answer but doing it anyway. Dongwoon told her to stay there as he went inside. 

While he was gone, Sera searched through his car. She moved herself to the back seat, not wasting any time. 'He usually put his gun around here now where is it'

 

Her eyes lit like a christmas tree when she opened his dashboard. There it was, his baby, Caliber 45. Sera smirked as she checked the bulet inside. Full load. She hid the gun behind her clothes and closed the dashboard. Her breath hitched when Dongwoon suddenly came in. His eyes screamed how pissed off he was. "I can't find your phone."

"Ups, sorry. I forgot it was in my pocket." she smiled innocently. Dongwoon cursed at her but she didn't care. 

All she cared was how to get away from this mess and meet her brother soon.

 


 

 

“Oppa? Where are you?”

Sera yawned as she searched for him. Her hand was full of her dolls. She yawned again when she found him sitting on his bed, reading a book.

“Hm? Its late, you should sleep,” he said.

She walked towards her and climbed his bed. Hyunseung welcomed her in his arm and hugged her tightly. Little Sera was curious at her brother’s book. “What about you then? Why are  you reading a book?”

Hyunseung smiled, “ I can’t sleep.”

“Me too,” she replied. “Oppa, can you sing for me?”

“Sing? What song do you want to hear?”

“The song you usually sing for me,”

Hyunseung tucked her in, “promise me, you have to close your eyes okay?”

She nodded and closed her eyes. Hyunseung pat her back and started singing.

Little kid oh little kid

Please go sleep as I sing

Go to dream land with your doll

Sleep with your innocent soul

I’m here to go with you

To escape the reality we’ve been through

Little kid oh little kid

Don’t forget me when I’m gone

 

 


 

Thank you for your comment Blahblahsunggyu xxx

Welcome new subscribers!

Just fyi, this story will come to an end soon. Be prepared XD