Keep Me Warm

Cover Girl

 

 

 

She unbuckled her seatbelt once she saw her apartment at the corner of the street. Once Myungsoo stopped his car, she went out without saying any good bye to him. Sera take a deep breath to calm her heart beat – again. Both him and her didn’t let any single word during their way here but why she feel so shy? She can’t see his eyes right now.

 

‘Oh come on Sera, you make yourself look stupid.’

 

But love do makes people look stupid.

 

“Hey Sera,” he called from behind.

After taking one deep breath, Sera turned around to see his figure leaning on his car with his arms folded in front of his chest and that smile who can melt her in second. She tried to keep her face emotionless but her walls immediately collapse once she saw him smiling while walking to her.

She decided to turned her back again and walked to her apartment. She didn’t dare to look back because she’s sure once she gave in, she can’t stop looking at his sculpture face.

But that seems wanted to end her life too soon as he slung his arm around her shoulder. Sera glared at him dangerously – hoping that he will let her go and just go home so she can breath. What she get is the opposite one, he moved his face closer and whispered, “Can I get at least a ‘thank you’?”

Her breath stopped when she turned her face to him and his smirk came into her vision. As she tried to control herself, Sera pushed him away and walked faster. She heard his groan – telling that he’s a bit upset. But Myungsoo didn’t stop, he keep walking towards her instead of go home like what she wanted. “Sera, we both know that your coldness won’t work on me anymore,”

She can’t help but to agreed at his statement. ‘Jerk.’ But she's still holding her pride higher than anything.

 

“Well, if you excuse me, I’m freakin’ tired and its all because of you kidnapping me last night and I didn’t get my sleepy beauty. So now, leave.”

She saw his hurt expression but say nothing. When she finally arrived in front of her door, she still can feel his breath near her neck even after she turning the key. ‘Well, a thank you won’t hurt right?’

 

Just when she wanted to thank him he immediately hold both of her hand and blow it. She stared deep into his eyes – so does Myungsoo. “Why do you always feel this cold?”

“Why the hell your hands are small either?”

She only chuckled at his childish question. She keep staring at his face – his eyebrows, his eyes, his nose, and last his lips. Sera won’t lie that she wanted to taste that lips again, soon. The thin air became the only barrier between their face. She can move her face a bit and ready to mold her lips with his again.

 

Myungsoo feel how her gaze fierce deep on his heart. His heart beating faster as he looked at her back. She looked like a lost kid – confused. Her eyes begging for warmness she never get in her life. He is sure he must be lost his mind when he found himself cupping her face and moved his lips to hers.  

When their lips touched, her body jolted up in shock. She keep her eyes open for a second before she slung both of her hands around his neck and moved her body closer to her. She was cold, and Myungsoo will be the one who give her the warmness she have been longing for.

They parted once the feel running out of breath. She’s sure her face must be look like an apple. She tried to look at the other side but only finding herself staring back at Myungsoo who swiped his thumb on her lips before he moved his face again to pecked her lips.

 

 

‘Does people look like this when they’re falling in love? I mean look dumb like this?'

 

‘God, if falling in love is a sin then I will live in hell forever.’

 

 

They parted again once Myungsoo let her face go and step away. He can see how red her face was, she was looking at the other side. Myungsoo was more than happy he finally can make her warm after a long time. He wished she forgive him for being too late to remove her coldness.

‘Come on Kim Myungsoo, say it you . She can’t wait any longer.’

 

“I’m going home now.”

 

You stupid er.

 

Sera snapped from her inner thought and looked at him - a bit dissapointed, “Yeah.”

He rubbed the back of his head, feeling nervous suddenly. “Um – take care, okay?”

She nodded as the answer, “You too,”

“I will see you tomorrow.” He said in low tone. “So, yeah, see you Sera”

 

 

She smiled and watched him from the back as he went out from the building. Sera closed her door with ease as the joy never leave her body that night. She is more than happy to express her feeling – the thing she thought she won’t be able to do before. The warm from his body still lingering on hers as she can smell his cologne on her shirt. Sera is finally be able to feel happiness on her heart after a while.

But little did she know, there was pair of years looking from the corner of the hallway. Looking at them till the end with mixed feeling.

 

 

 

 

The shy smile never leave his lips even for one second. As he keep replaying the scene with her on his mind, he didn’t realize he bump into someone until he lost his balance. The man offered him his hand to get up – which he accept gladly. But then, his body went rigid when he saw the eyes of the man. The man gave him his best smile from him. Myungsoo can feel cold sweat started to running down from his neck once the man called his name.

 

 

“Hello, Kim Myungsoo. Mind to get some coffee?”