Begin

Cover Girl

 

 

“Stop looking at your phone will you?”

 

Myungsoo looked up at Sungyeol who stared at him in annoyance. He didn’t reply his friend and continued waiting.

“What?Your little girlfriend don’t reply your love message?” Sungyeol sneered.

“I still can’t believe you two dating each other.” Woohyun joined them. “I can’t believe her taste is you.”

Myungsoo groaned. “At least she chose me over you.”

They laughed. As minutes passed, Myungsoo became anxious as he keep opening his message inbox. Sera didn’t reply his text for hours – it wasn’t something new. But this time, he felt something wasn’t right. He finally decided to went out and call her.

 

“Hello?”

“What are you doing?” he immediately asked.

“If you’re acting like an overprotective boyfriend, I suggest you to hang up.” She said.

He sighed. “I was wondering why you didn’t reply me. Are you busy?”

There was no answer from her. His feeling grew wilder with bad thoughts. “Seriously what are you doing?”

“When are you coming back?” she asked him.

He shrugged like she can see him. “Today. Do you miss me?”

“Will you believe me if I say yes?”

He supposed to be happy with her answer, but why he felt like she was going somewhere far?

“That’s nice.” He didn’t know what to say.

“If you don’t have any more to say, I’m hanging up.” She said.

And she did without hearing his answer. Myungsoo sighed as he looked at his phone. Sera was in hurry, he just knew it. They never have a long phone call like other couple do but their call never been this quick. He shrugged of all bad thought he had. Maybe she was busy.

 

 

“So, what’s with this suddenly you want to borrow my car?”

 

Jaejoong lead her inside. Sera arrived at his place in sudden and straightaway asking him if she could bring his car or not. He was surprised for sure.

“Do you even know how to drive Sera? As far as I know, you don’t have any license.” He folded his arms in front of his chest.

She looked at him “I don’t need a license as long as the police don’t catch me.”

Sera can feel his gaze on her back as she looking at an old picture of him and Hyunseung. She caressed the picture, suddenly remember her conversation with him earlier. Her heart clenched when his desperate voice ringing inside her head.

“Where are you going then?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Myungsoo and his friends are having a trip to Incheon. I’m going to go there.” She lied. She nervously looking at Jaejoong who has skepticism writing all over his face.

 “Why don’t you ask him to pick you up?”

She rolled her eyes. “Well, a surprise?”

He laughed. “Oh come on. Since when you became all this sweet girl?”

“There’s a thing called love, if you don’t know.” She answered him seriously this time. Jaejoong wasted her half an hour with this stupid interview. She needs to get there soon.

Jaejoong still has his distrust look but threw the key at her in the end. “Just come back soon. I don’t need my dead body on your brother’s hand.”

She smirked. Only if you knew what happened to him.

“Don’t worry, I will.” She said as walked out from his place.

 

 

Myungsoo put down his glass when his phone buzzed inside his pocket. Kim Jaejoong?

“Hello L-ssi, its been a long time.” Jaejoong greeted him first.

“Oh hello.” He said, didn’t have any intention to being nice.

"I will just go straight. I heard from Sera you’re at Incheon right now.” Jaejoong said.

He confused, “why did she tell you?”

Jaejoong laughed on the other line. “She just told me. Also she said she will go there, to surprise you.”

Myungsoo was taken back. Surprise? What is going on here?

“I don’t care if you think I’m not in a position to say this but I think something is happening to her. Sera’s never into surprise.”

“No wait. I’m ready to go back to Seoul today. Why she suddenly said to you she wanted to surprise me?” he asked.

“I don’t know what it is but I suggest you to go back now because I can smell danger whenever I think of her name.”

 

 

Sera arrived at the place Jungmo texted her. It was the same place where they took her. She prepared her gun, hiding it behind her jacket. Her breath stopped when she looked at the big mansion in front of her. It was far from the town. She went out from the car and gulped. Even the air here began to choke her. Her phone ringed, she picked it up immediately.

“I see you’re here already.”

“Just get this finish quickly. I don’t want to see you any longer.” She hissed. The door opened for her and she walked in.

The alley was dark, she barely can see anything. Was it like that when they kidnapped her? She had no idea where the alley lead her.  This all seems so familiar, like she have been there before. Sera shrugged her thought. I just need to take care of this and leave.

The smell of blood took over the air around here – choking her until she almost throw up. She leaned herself to the wall next to her, feeling dizzy in a sudden. She closed , trying to not make any sound and continued to walk. Holding her breath, Sera finally found the end of the alley.

She found herself took out her gun from her jacket when she saw several man walked towards her. But then, she sighed in relieve when they finally turned left, leaving her all alone again. The end of the alley led her to a hallway. Darkness took over her vision once again as she keep walking. She can’t let her guard down, someone might come for her from the back. The smell of blood getting stronger as she heard a noisy sound came from the end of this hallway. Carefully, she hid herself behind the wall. It was strange for her, she didn’t feel anything new to this – like she have faced all of this before.

She cringed when she saw blood trickled from a face – a man face she supposed. Now she was trembled, no wonder she felt all of this wasn’t new. She had a dream about this just yesterday.

The hallway

The man in the middle

“Hyunseung….” She muttered under her breath.

Its him! Its really him!

Sera was ready to run to him . She clutched her gun tighter, still didn’t make any sound. Then she heard a footstep from behind her. A hand clasped around . She screamed before she felt someone pushed her to the front, crashed into a body.

“Sera?”

“Hyunseung!”

 

 

“You’re telling me Sera’s gone to see Hyunseung?” Doojoon shouted.

Jaejoong massaged his temple. “After you told me Hyunseung is nowhere to be found then his sister suddenly asked to borrow my car and lied to see this flower boy I can conclude your statement as a yes.”

Myungsoo found his breath hitched. So Sera lied to Jaejoong, saying she’s borrowing his car to surprise him. He was glad Jaejoong was smart enough to call him immediately after she left. He ran to his car soon after the call ended. Now he was with him and Beast after they both figured out what’s happening. He mentally cursed Jaejoong for letting Sera go. But there was no use, Sera was gone already and now they have to find her and Hyunseung before anything worst happen.

“You let her go just like that?” Junhyung asked.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry because this part of my fault. But knowing how Sera is, even if I didn’t let her, she definitely will find her way.”

“You stu-“

“Instead of cursing each other, we better find her soon.” Myungsoo interrupted.

“I agreed. Let’s go find her.” Dongwoon walked towards Gikwang who busy typing on his laptop.

“Her last signal was at…” Gikwang tried to say before he stopped.

Doojoong impatiently walking towards him. “Towards where? You should-“

“Holy .” He cursed.

Jaejoong ran to him. “Why?”

 

“Jang Sera is at Kim Jungmo’s place.” He answered as he grabbed his car key.