Come Get Me

Cover Girl

 

 

 

Myungsoo sighed when he can’t find Sera. The lesson already began 10 minutes ago but here he was, at the school rooftop looking for her. He was sure he already checked all spot at school and didn’t find her there. Giving up, he decided to go back to his class. His phone suddenly ringing, a message came to his inbox just now.

 

‘Don’t look for me.’

 

He touched the reply button, right before Sunggyu showed up in front of him and picked his phone from his hand. Myungsoo looked at him in disbelief. “Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

“Well, aren’t you?” Sunggyu asked him back. He stared at the message and gave his phone back.

“So she ran away?” he asked him again. Myungsoo only nodded as his answer.

“Good then. So Yura won’t have anymore bad day,” Sunggyu sighed.

Myungsoo smirked, “what makes you worry him like now? You usually don’t even throw any glance to her,”

“I did throw a glance. And for your information, she always clinging around you remember?” Sunggyu mumbled.

“It’s not the real reason, tell me.” Myungsoo demanded for an answer. They’ve been friend for years, he can sense Sunggyu was hiding something from him.

 

Sunggyu cupped his face before he said, “Her father came to see her a few days ago,”

Myungsoo look surprised, “What?”

“That bastard, is it hard to leave her alone? He gave her and her mother hard time and now she came back to see his daughter which he threw away years ago?” Sunggyu spat.

“I knew my position her is only as her step brother, but I can’t help it. I want to protect her so much,”

“Looking at her fighting with Sera this morning broke my heart. I admit she’s not good either, but Sera wasn’t any better.”

Myungsoo stayed silent. The wind  breeze between them to filled the atmosphere. The break bell just ringing, telling them they’ve missed one lesson. Myungsoo stared at Sunggyu’s face for a couple second and replied, “I think Sera and Yura shared the same story,”

His voice makes Sunggyu turned his view to him. He look confused at his words, “What?”

 

Myungsoo folded his arms, “Just like Yura, Sera has bad past no one knows. Well except some people,”

“I do know she had bad past, but how can you say hers is same as Yura?” Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo shrugged, “Just say Sera also has a stepbrother like Yura. I don’t get it, they should match well, but they keep killing each other in dream instead,”

“They’re fighting over you, idiot,” Sunggyu laughed.

He chuckled, “Sera didn’t. I’m the one who fight for her,”

“Yeah,” Sunggyu said under his breath. “Yura has this huge crush on you. She once asked me to help but I can’t, I knew you like Sera. I felt bad for her,”

“Oh come on, don’t be like that. Imagine if you help her and the result don’t come as what she wish, she’ll be more disappointed,” he assured him.

Myungsoo slung his arm over Sunggyu. Both of them stared at the sky for long until Sunggyu continued, “Let’s go back, the guys must be waiting for us,”

With unwilling smile on one of them, they made their way back.

 

 

Her foot brought her to a quite road downtown. It was going to rain soon, people around her walked faster to get home. While she, walked lifelessly with her bag hanging on her left shoulder. A man bumped into her shoulder and cursed, but she didn’t care. Her energy was gone for running all the way here.

Sera spotted an unused field. She walked there and opened the gate. As soon as she entered, she put her bag down near the entrance. There were no many people left, all of them only glare at her weirdly then continued their walk. Sera put on her headset and played any song on her playlist. She moved her body to match the music, didn’t take long to make her immersed with her move. Her thought flew to what happened this morning. Somehow, she felt a bit guilt towards Yura. But her brain told her she was innocent, Kim Yura should know her place isn’t any better than her. Both has bad past with similar background. She was just a bit lucky than her. She has Sunggyu and his father, they can spoil her anything, she should be grateful than disturbing her unlucky life.

 

“Hey young lady, what are you doing here?”

 

Sera stopped when a voice disturbed her silent. She turned off the music and turned around to see the owner. She found 7 man – and they were almost 3 times bigger than her – blocking the entrance. One little man in the middle lighted his cigar just right in front of her.

“Boss, isn’t she Jang Hyunseung’s sister?” one of them said.

The one he called boss observed Sera from head to toe. Somehow, she felt something dangerous is coming. Those man gave her chills, especially when she heard her brother’s name. She stepped back a bit when she realize the little man smirked at her.

“What a surprise, the beautiful young lady here is that jerk little sister,” he said. He exhaled his cigar as he stepped right in front of her. He only was a bit taller than her, but he managed to scare her with his sneaky eyes. Sera clenched her teeth, didn’t dare to make any move. Heard what he title he called her brother, she immediately knew he must be one of Hyunseung’s enemies.

 

Suddenly, he touched her hair. Sera let out a yelp and slapped his hand away in reflect. She stepped back more, regretting what she had done. Her slap made his cigar thrown away from his hand. Now he looked at her as if he wanted to cut her into pieces. ‘Sera why can’t you stay away from problem?’

In her surprise, he let a laugh – more like a cruel chuckle. He stepped on his cigar, then looked back at the man behind him. “What are you waiting for? Get her!”

Her legs suddenly weakened, her tears was falling. She scared, she didn’t know what to do. Her hand clenched her phone hard until her knuckle turned white. She ran past the man and tried to get away. However, it wasn’t easy when she was so small. But somehow she managed to kick one of them in the balls and went out. She grabbed her bag and used her last strength to ran away.

Of course they wont let her go easily, they immediately followed her. It started to rain, her uniform was wet so does her shoes. She  found an empty alley and hide between trash cans. She dialed Hyunseung’s number but he didn’t pick up. Her hand was shaking badly, her tears didn’t stop wetting her cheek.

 

“Hello-“

“Myungsoo, its me,”  Sera tried to catch her breath.

“Sera? Where are you?” Myungsoo asked.

“Tell my brother-“ she was running out of breath.

“What? Sera what happened? Where are you?” Myungsoo keep asking.

“Listen to me, tell my brother I-“

Her phone dropped.

 

 

“Hello-“

“Text me Hyunseung’s number now,” he demand. He keep feeling anxious after he picked her call. When he asked where she was, she told him to call her brother instead. This must be something really serious.

“What? I can’t give it-“

“Jaejoong-ssi, its about Sera. Please,” he begged. He didn’t stop running down, even though his legs were shaking.

There were a silent before he said, “I will text you now,”

Myungsoo cut of the call and ran faster until someone caught him behind. He was ready to curse that person until he found it was Sunggyu.

“What happened?” Sunggyu asked. He stared at how sweaty Myungsoo was for the past minutes.

“I need to get Sera now. Damn that girl must be in trouble and I don’t even know where she is -“

Sunggyu grabbed his shoulders, “calm down,”

“What? You ing tell me to calm down? NO! Don’t you know Sera and trouble never match? You-“

“KIM MYUNGSOO CALM DOWN!” Sunggyu finally shouted.

“All goddamn human knew Jang Sera and trouble never match. The thing I don’t know right now is what she got herself into and I want you to calm down before you find out and tell me,”

“Go find her, I will cover you,” he let go of him just in time where he heard his buzz. He mouthed a thank you to him before he continued running. Myungsoo dialed the number immediately, ignored a shout who told him to go back.

“Hyunseung-ssi, its me Myungsoo. Where are you?”

“WHAT?!”